• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
My main takeaway from this is that there is some tool the developers have that makes all the characters taunt at the same time.

Other than that, it's just a cool image. It has style.
Of course. It is stylish, especially in its own way.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
My main takeaway from this is that there is some tool the developers have that makes all the characters taunt at the same time.

Yeah, only developers have...*Looks at Ken leak* huh? *That one picture of CacoMallow taunting in unison* ...guys!?!

It is a really cool image and reminds me that Persona 5 The Royal is coming out late March! And now I realize Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming out in early March! March is going to be a GREAT time for JRPG fans.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Nice, what is the game about?
You play as an eldritch being called [YOU] who takes control of different creatures and objects, most notably a small white goat thing called [BABA]. The objective is for you to reach the goal of each level, typically a [FLAG]. To do this, you must use whatever creature or object you're currently controlling to push around words to form basic sentences that set the rules of the universe around you. These words are separated into three different types which we will classify as Nouns, Connectors, and Verbs. Nouns represent objects such as [BABA], [FLAG], and [WALL]. Usually they're the first words in a sentence. Connector words are words like [IS] or [AND]. Verbs are actions such as [STOP], [MOVE], [DEFEAT] and [WIN]. If these words are put together like so:

[THING][CONNECTOR][THING]

Then it will form a sentence that will modify the world around you. For example, the sentence [BABA][IS][YOU] is often found in the beginning of most levels, which makes it so that you control any [BABA] on the field. The sentence [WALL][IS][STOP] will make it so that a [WALL] will have collision, as usually they do not. The sentence [FLAG][IS][WIN] will make it so that touching the [FLAG] with whatever creature or object you are currently controlling will allow you to win.

As mentioned, you can shift these words around to make new things happen. If you form the sentence [FLAG][IS][YOU], you will be able to freely control any [FLAG] on the field. If you form the sentence [WALL][IS][FLAG], every [WALL] will turn into a [FLAG]. But you must be careful when shifting words around, because if you end up breaking certain sentences, it will count as a loss. If you interrupt the sentence [BABA][IS][YOU], then you will lose since you are no longer [BABA]. If you replace the word [YOU] with something like [WALL] in the sentence [BABA][IS][YOU], [BABA] will become a [WALL], then you will lose since there is nothing for [YOU] to control. Thankfully, you can press the Z Key to undo any move you've made, or press R to restart the level.
This just posted.

Make anything of this, as you will.
REAL LEAK HOURS, WHO UP?!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah, only developers have...*Looks at Ken leak* huh? *That one picture of CacoMallow taunting in unison* ...guys!?!
CacoMallow time
This by no means confirms the CacoMallow leak, of course, but it is a clear sign that the developers can have everyone taunt at the same time. It's a nice little boon.

It should also be noted that this was tweeted right beforehand, which really helps the case of this being a developer tool.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
CacoMallow time

- Style ✔
- Grace ✔
- Funny Face ❌
You're doing it wrong!

He has great style
He has great grace
This guy has no funny face
He;ll use a gun when he needs to
And summon his friend for you
Use all his gang to come for the bad
This cool Smasher is just so rad

S.B., S.B., Smash Brothers!
S.B., S.B., Smash Brothers are here!

Heoj

Smash Ace
Oof, i just had a dream where a geno mii hat came back with fighter pass 5. Just the hat though, not the costume.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
This by no means confirms the CacoMallow leak, of course, but it is a clear sign that the developers can have everyone taunt at the same time. It's a nice little boon.

It should also be noted that this was tweeted right before hand, which really helps the case of this being a developer tool.
Oh but of course. I am interested to see if we will see Banjo and Terry in other tweets soon. Doubt we will see them soon, but would not be surprised if he tweeted them on Sunday around this time. (Monday in Japan) Then followed by a Special Smash Direct on Tuesday to start the New Year...a man can dream!

D

Deleted member

It really is interesting that it may be the developer tool making all characters taunt at the same time similar to Ken leak and Cacomallow leak. Is the Cacomallow leak confirmed to be in replay mode?

Last edited by a moderator:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
No, it's called being a whiny little brat. You didn't get what you want, so you want to ruin everyone else's good time.
Be careful, don’t insult him or you may end up with a ban or warning like I did. He always gets away with it.

D

Deleted member

Just saw Arlo's video what a different, and unique channel that is completly honest and enthuastic about what he thinks plus uses a cool puppet to do his videos. Definetly another great Nintendo Youtuber. Also he's a National treasure. But besides that really wish and hope we get Geno, and Would love a remake of Super Mario RPG.

Finally thanks to a friend played Super Smash Bros. Ultimate it's amazing roster, gameplay, fun all there and all that that makes it incredible Mario's as great as ever. Love Link's new play-style the addition of his Champion's tunic, and the and King K. Rool. Is so much more better then I could have imagined really had a blast. Of course looking forward to whatever other characters else we get in the future.

Don't know if that Joker picture means anything but it is pretty rad. Cool of Sakurai to send pictures to the team with the game still bring worked on and all. Sure there all cool pictures.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Finally thanks to a friend played Super Smash Bros. Ultimate it's amazing roster, gameplay, fun all there and all that that makes it incredible Mario's as great as ever. Love Link's new play-style the addition of his Champion's tunic, and the and King K. Rool. Is so much more better then I could have imagined really had a blast. Of course looking forward to whatever other characters else we get in the future.
Well, it's great to hear you've had--
... wait, what? You've never played Ultimate until now? How?

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
*sees Joker and Terry* Yeah, I can see where it can be anyone getting in...

*notices Hero and Banjo/Kazooie* Then again...

I mean, out of the four fighters, two have been super surprising while the other two have been considered "likely or more." Seems like a safe bet to say... "It will be a big surprise or a 'Yep, totally knew they were getting in.'" lol. FP5 speculation is both frustrating and great.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Be careful, don’t insult him or you may end up with a ban or warning like I did. He always gets away with it.
Jeezums, people can't handle my opinions. How cruel I must be for stating my mind about a video game and getting away with it.
Here's my secret
I don't insult anyone on this site. I disagree with a lot of things people say, but I always try my best to not type in anything that attacks a user.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Super early in the morning but my ban has expired and I have a few things to say.

-Was what I did the other day petty? Yes but, much like the SpongeBob meme with the mountains of clam baby diapers, it's indicative of a bigger problem. I posted public messages that weren't even directly at me, never mind pings and DMs. On that note...

-Several mods, including Venus of the Desert Bloom, recognize the harassment and have told me to just start using the ignore option. Never had to do this in my 15 years here but here we are. I added about a dozen of the worst offenders.

-For the sake of transparency, if you're on my ignore list, it's likely for one of the following reasons:

*Threats and/or harassment via DMs.

*Calling me a liar or a con man. Disagreeing with me or my sources is fine but insulting my character is completely out of line. Trust is a commodity and if you don't feel comfortable trusting me then don't but be civil about it. It doesn't matter if you don't say it to my face because, lo and behold, my friends ping and DM me about these kinds of posts on a fairly regular basis. Some of my friends have even quit this website because of how I've been treated to give you an indication of how ugly things have been.

*If there's strong evidence that you just want to start **** and don't really care either way. This includes starting or encouraging raids (again, my friends message me about this stuff so people are unironically doing this out in the open)..

*Refusing to drop a debate after I or the thread wants to move on. When I was younger, I could carry on debates for days but I've come to learn that there's no point in that and it's honestly just plain obnoxious. At that time in my life, I was single, had virtually no social life, and only worked part time. Now it's the opposite in every regard. Married, very involved in my community, and working full time. In short: I don't have time for that ****. Even a couple of hours is super generous so if I say "let's move on" or "let's agree to disagree" and you ignore that, "opinion discarded."

*Responding to everything with walls of text. If it takes you 3 minutes to read my posts and 30 minutes for me to read yours, that's harassment. Believe me, I used to have the same problem when I was younger until a number of people pulled me aside and basically said "hey man, this is obnoxious." Breaking down information is courteous so if you get indignant that I'm pointing out that every single one of your retorts is like reading the chapter of a book, continuing to be a novelist is harassment.

Hope that clears things up. Again, I like being personable and transparent on these things so I can take questions on Discord. You have a beef? Keep it to yourself or take it to DMs on Discord. Again, if you're ugly about it, onto the ignore list you go so let's keep it civil, shall we?

link2702

Smash Champion
^ it’s pretty much what I started having to do. It’s sad to say , but the trolls usually get away unpunished, not only here but virtually every forum I’ve ever been too. Whether ign, smashboards, nsider2, w/e.

Eventually I realized there’s just no point anymore in trying to do anything. Put em on ignore, and just hope that enough others either report em, or at least ignore em that the troll gets bored and leaves. It did have the side effect however of not even wanting to engage with people who might seem like they’re trolling but aren’t, can’t tell if they’re a troll or not, trying to change their minds would likely backfire on me, so why even try? Put em on ignore. I’ve got i think like 10-15 here on ignore, and well over 100 on ign.

At least one good thing about smashboards is the ignnore feature here completely removes any indication that a user posted aside from a tiny message at the bottom saying “show ignored content”, ign has an annoying grey bar showing up in between posts, if you’ve got several folks on ignore, you’ll see a mountain of grey bars in between the next post of someone not on ignore.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Quick FAQ:

"Fatman, where do you get these rumors?" I have four contacts via Discord. Plenty of people know about them and the people I'm close to know at least one or two. For safety reasons, I'm the only one that outright knows all four. The contacts are largely aware of each other and sometimes interact right in the open, sometimes without even knowing it. Fun stuff. I also cross check with a ton of people including Papagenos so it's not like things get to me and immediately are posted online.

"Fatman, I don't believe you or your sources; do I have to hate you now?" Surprisingly, no. Once again, I'm not going to demand that people believe or trust me. Honestly, just be civil about it. Don't harass me or my friends. That's all I ask.

"Fatman, why do you share these rumors?" I don't like hoarding info and I hate the Ivory Tower approach so I try to be personable and transparent about it. As someone who "survived" the Brawl and Smash 4 speculation days, I know how much dry spells suck so having something interesting to speculate hopefully helps. Obviously I can't share everything but hopefully (for at least most of you), it makes the wait more bearable.

"Fatman, do you just share every rumor you get?" No, I just share the ones I think are credible and worth talking about because there's a lot of bull**** that the sources sometimes bring up for a hard guffaw. For example, the Sword and Shield starters have been Smash rumors and literally no one takes these seriously. I don't want to waste anyone's time. I share the rumors that I think have a decent chance of being true because of 1. the sources they come from or 2. what I know and it's possible/probable based on my own cross checking.

Hope that clears even more up.

D

Deleted member

Well, it's great to hear you've had--
... wait, what? You've never played Ultimate until now? How?
My right Joy-Con stopped working one day. I have been trying to get it fixed but stuff just kept coming up which is understandable. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get everything up and running and finally be able to play the game myself. I do have a copy of it so at least that's a start.

link2702

Smash Champion
My right Joy-Con stopped working one day. I have been trying to get it fixed but stuff just kept coming up which is understandable. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get everything up and running and finally be able to play the game myself. I do have a copy of it so at least that's a start.
Get the pro controller.

I know it costs a bit, but trust me, it's waaaay better than the joycon.

Not only that but smash is a joycon killer, you'll experience the dreaded drift within a week or so from playing smash with one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Already did this on two Discord channels on Christmas and I'm now making this public here because one of these Smash rumors was a "Christmas gift" after wishing them a Merry Christmas.

I decided to compile all the Smash rumors from my four contacts since early November as easy reference:

-All my contacts believe that 5 and 6 will be shown in the same presentation or at least very close together.

-Most of my contacts believe Cacomallow is real. One doesn't.

-Most of my contacts believe 5 will be one of the only Western characters added. Most agree on the identity but, again, one guy doesn't. They still all agree it's a Western character though..

-Lots of disagreements about 6. Some say it's a bonus character (like Plant), one says it's a full pack, complete with a stage, music, and 6 Mii costumes. On that topic...

-One of the two Christmas rumors: For the Pack 6 rumors, character will be totally unrelated to all its content. The pack will include 4 Mii costumes from the same series and 2 indies with music from two totally different games. Supposedly it will come with a spirit board too, again, totally unrelated to the character.

-One absolutely crazy rumor from November that 5, 6, and 7 will all be revealed together. None of my contacts believe it but half have heard it.

-Based on rumors, the purpose of "Season 2" seems to be to knock out long time fan requests more than anything else. THIS IS MY OWN SPECULATION. Most of the "strongest" names in insider circles have been characters requested since Brawl or even Melee.

-According to rumors, Indies and echoes are all but confirmed toast. One of the few things all my contacts agree on. THIS IS OUR SPECULATION. Sakurai already deconfirmed echoes himself but the evidence is super stacked now that he was 100% serious. Best treatment for Indies seems to be the "Sans treatment." It's gotten to the point that Travis and Steve are the only two indies that my contacts believe have a real chance of becoming playable eventually but I honestly doubt both (especially Steve given he was already leakbait for Banjo).

-The other Christmas rumor I got from a different contact then the previous one: SNES game dump to be announced "soon" but no specific games mentioned. They had very strong guesses for three of them based on things "they knew."

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Already did this on two Discord channels on Christmas and I'm now making this public here because one of these Smash rumors was a "Christmas gift" after wishing them a Merry Christmas.

I decided to compile all the Smash rumors from my four contacts since early November as easy reference:

-All my contacts believe that 5 and 6 will be shown in the same presentation or at least very close together.

-Most of my contacts believe Cacomallow is real. One doesn't.

-Most of my contacts believe 5 will be one of the only Western characters added. Most agree on the identity but, again, one guy doesn't. They still all agree it's a Western character though..

-Lots of disagreements about 6. Some say it's a bonus character (like Plant), one says it's a full pack, complete with a stage, music, and 6 Mii costumes. On that topic...

-One of the two Christmas rumors: For the Pack 6 rumors, character will be totally unrelated to all its content. The pack will include 4 Mii costumes from the same series and 2 indies with music from two totally different games. Supposedly it will come with a spirit board too, again, totally unrelated to the character.

-One absolutely crazy rumor from November that 5, 6, and 7 will all be revealed together. None of my contacts believe it but half have heard it.

-Based on rumors, the purpose of "Season 2" seems to be to knock out long time fan requests more than anything else. THIS IS MY OWN SPECULATION. Most of the "strongest" names in insider circles have been characters requested since Brawl or even Melee.

-According to rumors, Indies and echoes are all but confirmed toast. One of the few things all my contacts agree on. THIS IS OUR SPECULATION. Sakurai already deconfirmed echoes himself but the evidence is super stacked now that he was 100% serious. Best treatment for Indies seems to be the "Sans treatment." It's gotten to the point that Travis and Steve are the only two indies that my contacts believe have a real chance of becoming playable eventually but I honestly doubt both (especially Steve given he was already leakbait for Banjo).

-The other Christmas rumor I got from a different contact then the previous one: SNES game dump to be announced "soon" but no specific games mentioned. They had very strong guesses for three of them based on things "they knew."
Well hot dog! Can't wait to see how things turn out. Hopefully your SPECULATION Turns out to be correct. It'd be a shame if your SPECULATION turns out to be inaccurate

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Well hot dog! Can't wait to see how things turn out. Hopefully your SPECULATION Turns out to be correct. It'd be a shame if your SPECULATION turns out to be inaccurate
Wait what gave you the idea that that was speculation? Don't you know every word uttered by Fatman is straight up undeniable gospel of truth? :4pacman:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Nobody. I don't think any specific character is likely, I gone on record with that. It can literally be anybody and nobody. As long as they're not an Assist Trophy, Mii Costume, Spirit, or a Nintendo character they all have a fair shot.
Another Nintendo rep could still happen even in the Season Pass.

This just posted.

Make anything of this, as you will.
Jokers: STOP RIGHT THERE!!!

Anybody got the reference?

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Steve isn't an Indie character, he and Minecraft are owned by Microsoft, because Mojang (the creators of Minecraft) were bought out by Microsoft back in 2014. Mojang are a subsidiary of Xbox Game Studios. That detail is pretty important to know. Suda51 also said Travis wasn't going to be in Smash Bros. "this time", back in June 2019, when talking about No More Heroes III [source]. Since the announcement of post-Fighters Pass fighter DLC was revealed in September 2019, it would mean that the fighters list would've been finalised long before that. Sakurai has likely been working on two post-pass characters alongside fighter 5, and Suda51 wouldn't be allowed to say yes or no as he'd technically be breaking NDA.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Character 6 showing with or near 5 has the best chance of happening considering how much Nintendo is dragging their feet with 5. Perhaps 5 will be seen as filler or boring to most (exception being 5's fanbase of course) that even Nintendo agrees so they will reveal 6 to avoid a complete hype train derailment.

As for Geno, I would put all eyes on number 7, the 77th entry to Smash.

And, on the note of echoes, can I say that if the speculation is completely true that none are coming just how much of a bad move that is? They FINALLY figured out how to get people to like clones after 3 games of hating them, and then they don't utilize the concept that much in the end.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
And, on the note of echoes, can I say that if the speculation is completely true that none are coming just how much of a bad move that is? They FINALLY figured out how to get people to like clones after 3 games of hating them, and then they don't utilize the concept that much in the end.
If this payed DLC, I rather have a whole new character

And imho I didn’t like these Echoes

D

Deleted member

Get the pro controller.

I know it costs a bit, but trust me, it's waaaay better than the joycon.

Not only that but smash is a joycon killer, you'll experience the dreaded drift within a week or so from playing smash with one.
It's unrelated to Geno and speculation in general but I'd just like to say that after a combined 400+ hours in Breath of the Wild between my wife and I, along with maybe 40 hours in Splatoon 2, another hundred in Mario Odyssey, another hundred in Dragon Quest Builders, and having played a lot more Smash with them than I care to admit (though probably only on the order of a dozen hours), I still have not experienced any of this often complained about Joycon drift. I must have gotten the rare prototype Nintendium joycons.

Because Nintendo hates money and makes a limited run out of Gamecube controllers and adapters, I do have to agree with getting a pro controller. If you don't want to drop the outrageous amount on the real deal, get one of the cheaper third party controllers that connect via USB. I have two and they're honestly of decent quality. They can't turn the Switch on, though, so that's kind of the trade off. On the bright side, if you take it to a Smash tournament, you'll never have to desync the controller from the console.

anyways...

Sakurai's Joker picture. I don't think it means anything, but I know a lot of people have been (either seriously or joking) taking it as a hint of some sort. The important take away really is that, using developer tools, you can get everyone taunting frame perfectly, neat camera angles, etc... But this isn't news. I mean, I really hope that no one thought all of the promotional screenshots, even on the Dojo were done in the live game. I would love to hear from modders/hackers whether these developer tools have been left in the game - frozen timer, frame perfect taunting, and the most interesting feature in the picture (which I totally missed initially) - the lingering Morgana, or more generally, lingering "assets". If someone could be clear with the speculation community on that, it would either help or hurt the Mallowdemon leak... Again, this is nothing new, just now that Sakurai's put this picture out, I think the conversation of what's possible in the production game should be in the forefront again.

If this payed DLC, I rather have a whole new character

And imho I didn’t like these Echoes
I think it was brought up in thread before but honestly I'd rather have a fighter and an echo than a fighter and a stage. Doesn't even have to be an echo of the fighter we get, just someone, only because an echo would see use in a tournament while even the good DLC stages like Mementos and Yggdrasil's Altar go totally unused. It's not "all about" the competitive side of Smash, but it would be nice to have content that gets used by 100% of the playerbase rather than 80% or even 99%.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Totally agree but Fatman is saying her chance is pretty toast for now. Also anyone know what characters have been requested since Brawl and Melee aside Geno?
Sonic: Check

Snake: Check

Mega Man: Check

Pac-Man: Check

King Dedede: Check

Wario: Check

Diddy Kong: Check

Ridley: Check

K. Rool: Check

Banjo & Kazooie: Check

Isaac: Assist Trophy

Bomberman: Assist Trophy

Krystal: Assist Trophy

Waluigi: Assist Trophy

Rayman: Spirit

Tails: Spirit and Mii costume

Toad: Spirit and part of Peach's moveset

Lloyd Irving: Status unknown Mii costume MIA

Crash Bandicoot: Status unknown

Crono: Status unknown

There is more, but I can't think who else off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom