• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Honestly, it's fine for now. The ignore list has worked wonders and, despite how petty it was, that public call out that got me temp banned dead ass stopped the threats because it established that, yes, I will call your ass out and publicly shame you for it if you act like a mook. Amazing how quickly people stop being ****ty to you when you publicly call them out on being ****ty to you, huh?

c2f.png

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
The nature of 6 is annoying and weird as hell because nobody agrees on the format. Dead ass, these are the outcomes I've heard people predict for 6:

-A character. Literally nothing else.

-A pack with a stage and music but no character. Also would be released with Mii costumes.

-A full pack with a character, stage, and music along with a spirit board and ala carte Mii costumes per usual. The character, however, would have absolutely nothing to do with the stage, music, spirit board, or Mii costumes.

As crazy as it sounds, I'm most inclined to believe the third because my most reliable source is hard leaning on it.
Based on my own speculation, there really is only one character who would fit this bill in the first and third of these options. There is only who would be acceptable as either just a character with nothing else or a character but bringing content from a completely different series. A character who, by their very nature, isn't established enough in their own lore to bring anything new for a stage that isn;t already represented and what little music tied to them is already in the game, yet it is very much a requested character.

Middle one sounds like Monster Hunter.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
My reasoning is pretty basic. In a previous post, I said people believe that 6 is either a stand alone character or comes with a pack with nothing related to them in it. CGI Character trailers always show off stages that go with the character and if the character doesn't have a "real" trailer, there's no point.
Then where would they put 6 I can only see them begining and ending with a smash reveal.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Based on my own speculation, there really is only one character who would fit this bill in the first and third of these options. There is only who would be acceptable as either just a character with nothing else or a character but bringing content from a completely different series. A character who, by their very nature, isn't established enough in their own lore to bring anything new for a stage that isn;t already represented and what little music tied to them is already in the game, yet it is very much a requested character.

Middle one sounds like Monster Hunter.
3 also sounds like Master Chief as I really can't picture any Mii costumes coming from the Halo franchise coming along with him as it would look kind of silly too me with him being a big bad first person shooter mascot.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Then where would they put 6 I can only see them begining and ending with a smash reveal.
On the off chance that we get three character reveals in one direct (keep in mind that even these sources feel that it's unlikely), they could randomly throw it in the middle as a surprise, or make it seem like they're ending the direct with reveal 2 only to say they have one more thing, leading into reveal 3. It's not complicated.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Remember the November Direct last year? That. Began with Ben and Bara Tiger CGI, then came Plant, and then ended with a CGI World of Light trailer. 5 with a full on CGI trailer, 6 as a simple "hey, check this **** out" and then 7 as another full blown trailer.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
On the off chance that we get three character reveals in one direct, they could randomly throw it in the middle as a surprise, or make it seem like they're ending the direct with reveal 2 only to say they have one more thing, leading into reveal 3. It's not complicated.
Sakurai: Oh, and we have one more thing to show you:beezo::beezo::beezo:

'Cuts to the Smash sign opening up'. Mario, Bowser, and Peach are walking through the Lost Forest in WOL in the Dark Realm. They get attacked by the other villains like Ganondorf, Ridley, and K. Rool and they're doing decently until more of the villains in the roster show up with Galeem. They're now outnumbered and Rosalina shows up. She is able to help them out for a bit until Galeem almost knocks her out. Galeem goes to deliver the final blow on the whole gang until he get's shot down by a lazer beam out of nowhere. Camera turns and we see Geno and the tagline says: "Geno Shoots For The Stars!" Than it's cuts to gameplay. Afterwards, we see the Mario gang celebrating Geno, Mario, Bowser, and Peach all posing in their SMRPG victory poses.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Call me skeptical if you'd like, but I have a hard time believing we'd get even 2 characters for this. Sure, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has laid out why they most likely are ahead of schedule, and I know this is the first Direct of the year, but I can't help but feel it a bit unrealistic to expect anything more than one fighter reveal. Usually big reveals like that would be left for E3 or something like that. I know they've shown off more than one character during other Directs in the past, but that was in the lead up to the game's release, and they said they intended to reveal every fighter coming to the base game before it comes out, so it'd make sense for them to reveal a couple of characters at one time during non-E3 events.

They may be ahead of schedule, but busting your proverbial nut during the first Direct of the year would leave even less for later in the year, which seems rather counter-intuitive to me. I think they'd be more likely to just space things out a bit more like they've done thus far, maybe splurging a bit around E3 time since it's a pretty big event. And I'm not even considering a triple reveal for the next Direct, that's Pie-in-the-Sky levels of wishful thinking if you ask me. Of course, it sounds really great, so I'd love to be wrong.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Call me skeptical if you'd like, but I have a hard time believing we'd get even 2 characters for this. Sure, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has laid out why they most likely are ahead of schedule, and I know this is the first Direct of the year, but I can't help but feel it a bit unrealistic to expect anything more than one fighter reveal. Usually big reveals like that would be left for E3 or something like that. I know they've shown off more than one character during other Directs in the past, but that was in the lead up to the game's release, and they said they intended to reveal every fighter coming to the base game before it comes out, so it'd make sense for them to reveal a couple of characters at one time during non-E3 events.

They may be ahead of schedule, but busting your proverbial nut during the first Direct of the year would leave even less for later in the year, which seems rather counter-intuitive to me. I think they'd be more likely to just space things out a bit more like they've done thus far, maybe splurging a bit around E3 time since it's a pretty big event. And I'm not even considering a triple reveal for the next Direct, that's Pie-in-the-Sky levels of wishful thinking if you ask me. Of course, it sounds really great, so I'd love to be wrong.
Like Fatmanonice said, I think they will try to start the decade with a big bang. 2 Smash characters notably requested ones would be a hell of a way for Nintendo to start the decade am I right?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

It's healthy to have a bit of skepticism, particularly when it comes to this kind of speculation. It's why I doubted the Grinch "leak" - it seemed like a lot to reveal at once.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord

"Fatman has explained why they are ahead of schedule."

I guess I'm just chopped liver then?

Also, it would behoove them to reveal at at least two characters in January, and I say this because giving us the first character of the next wave of however many we get would tide people over longer since we got two reveals in one direct while also using the first character as a way to set the tone of the Direct.

Joker set the tone of 'We no clue what Sakurai has in store' as well as 'There will be characters Sakurai loves'.

Making #6 a hugely requested character by fans and revealing it in January would blow everyone's mind's door of it's hinges.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
5, 6, and 7 all being in the same trailer would be such a hilarious clash of themes that it would just be pure ****in' cinematic chaos if it happened. I suppose 6 could be in 5 or 7's trailer though but it begs the question why?

pinshadow

Smash Lord
5, 6, and 7 all being in the same trailer would be such a hilarious clash of themes that it would just be pure ****in' cinematic chaos if it happened. I suppose 6 could be in 5 or 7's trailer though but it begs the question why?
So wait, do you have a source who's claiming to know who 7 is? I thought that was super up in the air.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So wait, do you have a source who's claiming to know who 7 is? I thought that was super up in the air.
No, none of my sources have strong guesses for 7 yet. I, on the other hand, through my own speculation believe it's Geno and I can explain my full reasoning if I ever get my **** together and finish my goddamn essay. I just need to stay off line for like a day or two because I come online, answer questions all day and then "well, ****" it's now 9 at night and I don't feel like doing **** aside from derping on my phone.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
Aside from Nintendo just wanting to release the characters quicky, the only reason i can think of is that maybe the reveals are related in some way? for example the hypotethical double reveal between Geno and Doom Slayer with a "heaven and hell" kind of theme

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Like Fatmanonice said, I think they will try to start the decade with a big bang. 2 Smash characters notably requested ones would be a hell of a way for Nintendo to start the decade am I right?
Of course it would be, and I think there's a chance that it could happen. I just think it's less likely than
"Fatman has explained why they are ahead of schedule."

I guess I'm just chopped liver then?
Oh ****, I forgot about you! Sorry about that, man!
Also, it would behoove them to reveal at at least two characters in January, and I say this because giving us the first character of the next wave of however many we get would tide people over longer since we got two reveals in one direct while also using the first character as a way to set the tone of the Direct.

Joker set the tone of 'We no clue what Sakurai has in store' as well as 'There will be characters Sakurai loves'.

Making #6 a hugely requested character by fans and revealing it in January would blow everyone's mind's door of it's hinges.
No doubt it'd be pretty major, but I think given how releases have been staggered since around December 2018, it'd make more sense for them to reveal FP5 during this rumored January Direct, then around March-April reveal DLC 6 for a release around mid-late May, followed by DLCs 7 & 8 being revealed at E3.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
3 also sounds like Master Chief as I really can't picture any Mii costumes coming from the Halo franchise coming along with him as it would look kind of silly too me with him being a big bad first person shooter mascot.
Watch as that’s how Minecraft content happens.

“We wanted to include Minecraft in Smash Ultimate, but we had difficulty turning the protagonist into a playable character. However, we really wanted to do something special for such a popular game, so coming along with Master Chief...”

Bonus Pack #1: Minecraft

Stage: Overworld
Spirit Board: Minecraft
Mii Costumes: Steve, Alex, Diamond Armor, Creeper Head

I could absolutely see them doing something like that for $3-4 a piece, would be a great way to include series that might not necessarily work as playable characters.

Or it could be something totally out of left field, like Geno with a Three Houses stage and board.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
No, none of my sources have strong guesses for 7 yet. I, on the other hand, through my own speculation believe it's Geno and I can explain my full reasoning if I ever get my **** together and finish my goddamn essay. I just need to stay off line for like a day or two because I come online, answer questions all day and then "well, ****" it's now 9 at night and I don't feel like doing **** aside from derping on my phone.
I can't imagine people would mind if you needed to take a break, whether it's for your own sake or to work on this essay of yours - from what I've seen, people have been looking forward to the essay for a while now. (I'm interested to see why you think he'll be #77 specifically; my guess is that that he'll be #76, but that's mostly because I figure it will be like Ridley where they want to kick things off with a long-awaited fan request that isn't already an assist trophy or boss)

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Good day Genobros! So, I read a few posts ago the mentioning of a Direct perhaps happening on January 6th as a likely day and, I wanted to share a little something with ya'll. Here in Puerto Rico, and other Hispanic/Latin American countries, on January 6th we celebrate what is called "Día de los Reyes" (Three Kings Day). It's another day of celebration and gifting and receiving of presents, HOWEVER, the true meaning of this celebration is in remembrance to the visit of the Three Mage Kings, whom soon after the birth of Jesus, were alerted by an oracle of said event. The three of them traveled in search for the newborn, guided by the North Star, which would lead them to Him. Upon the Three Mage Kings arriving to the place where He was born, each of them brought Him gifts (thus why on this day people also exchange gifts, similar to Christmas Eve). Three Kings... North Star... A potential triple reveal... Geno... Lads... the next Nintendo Direct may have been prophesied since ancient times. :2gud: Call me Jack Reacher cause I KNOW I went beyond the bottom of the barrel with this speculation. :laugh: Still... wouldn't it be something for a Direct to at least coincide with that day.

D

Deleted member

Of course it would be, and I think there's a chance that it could happen. I just think it's less likely than

Oh ****, I forgot about you! Sorry about that, man!

No doubt it'd be pretty major, but I think given how releases have been staggered since around December 2018, it'd make more sense for them to reveal FP5 during this rumored January Direct, then around March-April reveal DLC 6 for a release around mid-late May, followed by DLCs 7 & 8 being revealed at E3.
The way I look at it is let's assume Fatman's sources are correct, and Nintendo's 2020 is going to be the most kickass thing imaginable as a Nintendo fan. No fewer than 7 remakes/remasters, New Mario title, etc etc, as he has posted in the past. I mean, the best case scenario we're looking at is that it's all true and Nintendo has one of their best showings since the Super Nintendo, and that's only first/second party stuff.

Now, I'm not a business expert, but I play one on TV, and I think that if I were a bigwig shareholder and my company was about to have the most exciting fiscal year imaginable based on either completely new releases or brand new remasters, the last thing I'd want the company president to come to me with is "we're going to use Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, (a now full year old video game) to headline our promotional material and to generate hype and draw eyes to our releases and our brand." Sure, it works, but it shouldn't be what's carrying the torch in this year that supposedly is bringing its A-game.

I've gone over it before but I feel like 2019 was a dull year for Nintendo. Not terrible, just not really that incredible. Trying my best to look back over what the Switch has gotten in terms of BIG releases, the year has looked like this (and please keep in mind, I mean big releases. The Switch has gotten tons of games over the year, a lot of ports and remakes and indies, but not flagship Nintendo or 3rd Party titles):
January
Riding Smash into the new year
February
Nothing
March

Yoshi's Crafted World
April

nothing
May

nothing
June

Nothing (I'm going to be beaten for calling Cadence of Hyrule "nothing", huh?)
July

August

Astral Chain
September

Link's Awakening
Daemon X Machina
Dragon Quest XI
October

Luigi's Mansion 3
November

Pokemon
December
Nothing (this is a BIG nothing)

7 blockbuster titles for the year. Again, this isn't speaking ill of the games, just an objective look at how little they had to keep consumers hyped up over the year, and try to recall how much indie peddling they had to do to even fill time in directs. Do you know how sick of hearing about **** like Killer Queen Black I was before even E3 was over? And yet they continued to advertise what is essentially a 15 minute arcade experience until it came out.

From a business standpoint, Nintendo needed the Smash DLC to draw eyes to the directs because they weren't announcing any brain-breakers, and as we're sitting, Nintendo hasn't confirmed 2020 to be a good year, we're just kind of... hoping. They showed Breath of the Wild 2 at E3 and we're just sort of hoping it's the Majora's Mask of Breath of the Wild and they can make it in no time flat and give it to us next year. This is why I believe if Fatman's sources are correct and we're really getting at least the same amount of what I would assume to be notable remakes/remasters as we got actual brand flagships this year, along with a smattering of actual brand flagships, how could Nintendo let all of that take a back seat to Smash for a second year in a row?

I know Nintendo "hates money", but I feel like a winning strategy could be to hold off on Fighter 5 this long because they know how many people are eagerly anticipating it, how many people are going to tune in to a direct to finally have this mystery solved, and think, you've captured returning Smash fans and character speculators and everyone else... and now you're going to blow their minds. You're going to say "guess what, 2020 is here and it's going to rock you", and the tone is set for the rest of the year. In a direct like this, I can see Smash getting two reveals, and if 6 really is just some kind of out of the blue bonus character, a third reveal actually does sound plausible. Three reveals in one direct would really send the message that Smash isn't going to be used to pad out content and be the main draw for directs in 2020.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Good day Genobros! So, I read a few posts ago the mentioning of a Direct perhaps happening on January 6th as a likely day and, I wanted to share a little something with ya'll. Here in Puerto Rico, and other Hispanic/Latin American countries, on January 6th we celebrate what is called "Día de los Reyes" (Three Kings Day). It's another day of celebration and gifting and receiving of presents, HOWEVER, the true meaning of this celebration is in remembrance to the visit of the Three Mage Kings, whom soon after the birth of Jesus, were alerted by an oracle of said event. The three of them traveled in search for the newborn, guided by the North Star, which would lead them to Him. Upon the Three Mage Kings arriving to the place where He was born, each of them brought Him gifts (thus why on this day people also exchange gifts, similar to Christmas Eve). Three Kings... North Star... A potential triple reveal... Geno... Lads... the next Nintendo Direct may have been prophesied since ancient times. :2gud: Call me Jack Reacher cause I KNOW I went beyond the bottom of the barrel with this speculation. :laugh: Still... wouldn't it be something for a Direct to at least coincide with that day.
I know you're (likely?) joking, but all of this reminds me of this gem:

Also, the three kings followed the Star of Bethlehem, not the North Star.

Last edited:

Loog

Smash Apprentice
Remember the November Direct last year? That. Began with Ben and Bara Tiger CGI, then came Plant, and then ended with a CGI World of Light trailer. 5 with a full on CGI trailer, 6 as a simple "hey, check this **** out" and then 7 as another full blown trailer.
Ok, so from what you heard, will the smash reveals overshadow whatever non smash anouncement might apear in the direct? 3 potential smash reveals sounds like overkill.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ok, so from what you heard, will the smash reveals overshadow whatever non smash anouncement might apear in the direct? 3 potential smash reveals sounds like overkill.
I don't think Nintendo cares. These are the same guys that announced BotW2 and Banjo in the same presentation and, based on what I've heard, Smash might not even have the biggest announcements of the Direct. Remember my 7 Remaster/Remakes rumor? One of them is hardcore implied to be coming in the January Direct and it's the biggest deal of the 7. Like I said, it's going to be a hellavu day if these things turn out to be true.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Here's what i think the lineup would probably look like

Fighter 5: Doomguy
I'm sorry fatman, but i feel like you and your sources are being jebaited with the Dovakhin being the final character, like how some leaker thought that steve was getting in instead of Banjo

Fighter 6: Waluigi?
I dunno, i'm just have a gut feeling, plus, he could be a bonus character.

Fighter 7: Geno
We all saw this one coming.

Plus, just a dream of mine, but it would be cool after waluigi and geno they show that more assist trophies and spirits would be upgraded.

Last edited:

Nicnac

Smash Ace

I'm sorry fatman, but i feel like you and your sources are being jebaited with the Dovakhin being the final character, like how some leaker thought that steve was getting in instead of Banjo

Plus, just a dream of mine, but it would be cool after waluigi and geno they show that more assist trophies and spirits would be upgraded.
Totally with you on this (also an ideal scenario for me, lol)

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Y'know I'd be a lot more down with Commander Keen as the Bethesda rep than Skyrim guy. He fits way better in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Y'know I'd be a lot more down with Commander Keen as the Bethesda rep than Skyrim guy. He fits way better in my opinion.
Ah, I see you are a man of culture as well.

Keen would be such a literally who pick, he's the kind of character I could see Sakurai loving to add. Helps that he's like Doom Guy's great great great grandfather or something.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

If this ends up being right, let’s bring back the meme with Geno and Doomguy as Legolas and Gimli except add Waluigi as Aragorn

AdamBel731

Smash Ace

Huh, this is pretty much my exact sentiment as well. No joke.

Based on what Fatmanonice has said regarding things surrounding these three guys, I think it makes sense. But even putting that aside, I have legitimately started to lean towards this possibility as well. I've said for a while Waluigi is a legitimate possibility.

D

Deleted member

This is pretty much my expectations as well. This would be awesome if this turned out exactly like this. And we can bring back the Doomguy and Geno memes.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
The way I look at it is let's assume Fatman's sources are correct, and Nintendo's 2020 is going to be the most kickass thing imaginable as a Nintendo fan. No fewer than 7 remakes/remasters, New Mario title, etc etc, as he has posted in the past. I mean, the best case scenario we're looking at is that it's all true and Nintendo has one of their best showings since the Super Nintendo, and that's only first/second party stuff.

Now, I'm not a business expert, but I play one on TV, and I think that if I were a bigwig shareholder and my company was about to have the most exciting fiscal year imaginable based on either completely new releases or brand new remasters, the last thing I'd want the company president to come to me with is "we're going to use Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, (a now full year old video game) to headline our promotional material and to generate hype and draw eyes to our releases and our brand." Sure, it works, but it shouldn't be what's carrying the torch in this year that supposedly is bringing its A-game.

I've gone over it before but I feel like 2019 was a dull year for Nintendo. Not terrible, just not really that incredible. Trying my best to look back over what the Switch has gotten in terms of BIG releases, the year has looked like this (and please keep in mind, I mean big releases. The Switch has gotten tons of games over the year, a lot of ports and remakes and indies, but not flagship Nintendo or 3rd Party titles):
January
Riding Smash into the new year
February
Nothing
March
Yoshi's Crafted World
April
nothing
May
nothing
June
Nothing (I'm going to be beaten for calling Cadence of Hyrule "nothing", huh?)
July
August
Astral Chain
September
Link's Awakening
Daemon X Machina
Dragon Quest XI
October
Luigi's Mansion 3
November
Pokemon
December
Nothing (this is a BIG nothing)

7 blockbuster titles for the year. Again, this isn't speaking ill of the games, just an objective look at how little they had to keep consumers hyped up over the year, and try to recall how much indie peddling they had to do to even fill time in directs. Do you know how sick of hearing about **** like Killer Queen Black I was before even E3 was over? And yet they continued to advertise what is essentially a 15 minute arcade experience until it came out.

From a business standpoint, Nintendo needed the Smash DLC to draw eyes to the directs because they weren't announcing any brain-breakers, and as we're sitting, Nintendo hasn't confirmed 2020 to be a good year, we're just kind of... hoping. They showed Breath of the Wild 2 at E3 and we're just sort of hoping it's the Majora's Mask of Breath of the Wild and they can make it in no time flat and give it to us next year. This is why I believe if Fatman's sources are correct and we're really getting at least the same amount of what I would assume to be notable remakes/remasters as we got actual brand flagships this year, along with a smattering of actual brand flagships, how could Nintendo let all of that take a back seat to Smash for a second year in a row?

I know Nintendo "hates money", but I feel like a winning strategy could be to hold off on Fighter 5 this long because they know how many people are eagerly anticipating it, how many people are going to tune in to a direct to finally have this mystery solved, and think, you've captured returning Smash fans and character speculators and everyone else... and now you're going to blow their minds. You're going to say "guess what, 2020 is here and it's going to rock you", and the tone is set for the rest of the year. In a direct like this, I can see Smash getting two reveals, and if 6 really is just some kind of out of the blue bonus character, a third reveal actually does sound plausible. Three reveals in one direct would really send the message that Smash isn't going to be used to pad out content and be the main draw for directs in 2020.
The thing about all that is, Nintendo actually launched the Switch at the one perfect, opportune time for such a system to happen: Right when their two main competitors were releasing “half-step” consoles that required all games to be compatible with the original systems from 2013. Trying to get a gaming handheld anywhere near as powerful as 2016/2017 console hardware was never going to happen, but a system that was just a bit less powerful than something from four years ago at the time? Well, that sounds perfectly doable!

And thus, the Switch was born, and while it was certainly the least powerful of the bunch, it was close enough to the original 2013 Xbox One that it could legitimately hold its own and see ports that you absolutely would never have expected in the Wii/Wii U days, like Overwatch, MK11, and Witcher.

However, next year, the PS5 and XBSX will be released, which will be many times more powerful than not just the 2013 systems, but even the 2016/2017 half-steps. We’re going to start seeing games intense enough that not even their title screens will run on the Swtch.

Nintendo needs to fill 2020 and beyond with as many big Switch exclusives as they can, as while this certainly isn’t a dire Wii U situation or anything, they’re about to be “left in the dust” when it comes to parity with the other big console makers, when they launched the system with such an emphasis on third-parties.

Even without Fatman’s statements, I’m heavily doubting Slayer as #5 because two particular people that can’t be brought up anymore are both in agreement that he isn’t #5.

Also, personally, I think that “Doom content without a character” better lines up with the whole “more Doom surprises for Nintendo fans” thing Bethesda mentioned earlier in the year, as I doubt they’d even remotely think about saying that if it was tied to a Smash character reveal, due to how incredibly secretive all that’s supposed to be.

On the other hand, though, I’ve been considering a Waluigi/Geno double-reveal as very much possible for a while now, so that part I largely agree with.

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I don't think Nintendo cares. These are the same guys that announced BotW2 and Banjo in the same presentation and, based on what I've heard, Smash might not even have the biggest announcements of the Direct. Remember my 7 Remaster/Remakes rumor? One of them is hardcore implied to be coming in the January Direct and it's the biggest deal of the 7. Like I said, it's going to be a hellavu day if these things turn out to be true.
So Dimaond and Pearls remake will be anonced in January? Neat.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Just wondering: About the Direct you say may come in the second week of January...

Is it just a guess from you, or is it also thought of by other insiders you know?

Just wondering.

To everyone else, if there were remixes of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars tracks to be in Smash Bros. Ultimate, what tracks would you like to see remixed?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
7 remakes/remasters?

- Paper Mario 64 Remake
- Super Metroid Remake
- Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Remake
- Fire Emblem 7/6 Remake
- Pikmin 3 Remaster
- Wario Land VB Remake
- Golden Sun 1 & 2 Remake

INB4 all of these happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The thing about all that is, Nintendo actually launched the Switch at the one perfect, opportune time for such a system to happen: Right when their two main competitors were releasing “half-step” consoles that required all games to be compatible with the original systems from 2013. Trying to get a gaming handheld anywhere near as powerful as 2016/2017 console hardware was never going to happen, but a system that was just a bit less powerful than something from four years ago at the time? Well, that sounds perfectly doable!

And thus, the Switch was born, and while it was certainly the least powerful of the bunch, it was close enough to the original 2013 Xbox One that it could legitimately hold its own and see ports that you absolutely would never have expected in the Wii/Wii U days, like Overwatch, MK11, and Witcher.

However, next year, the PS5 and XBSX will be released, which will be many times more powerful than not just the 2013 systems, but even the 2016/2017 half-steps. We’re going to start seeing games intense enough that not even their title screens will run on the Swtch.

Nintendo needs to fill 2020 and beyond with as many big Switch exclusives as they can, as while this certainly isn’t a dire Wii U situation or anything, they’re about to be “left in the dust” when it comes to parity with the other big console makers, when they launched the system with such an emphasis on third-parties.

Even without Fatman’s statements, I’m heavily doubting Slayer as #5 because two particular people that can’t be brought up anymore are both in agreement that he isn’t #5.

Also, personally, I think that “Doom content without a character” better lines up with the whole “more Doom surprises for Nintendo fans” thing Bethesda mentioned earlier in the year, as I doubt they’d even remotely think about saying that if it was tied to a Smash character reveal, due to how incredibly secretive all that’s supposed to be.

On the other hand, though, I’ve been considering a Waluigi/Geno double-reveal as very much possible for a while now, so that part I largely agree with.
I don’t think the “Surprises for Nintendo fans” was for smash. I think it was just a tease for 1,2,3 and 64 going to the Switch. Although, I do disagree on the Doom content without a character. Being how big Doom really is as a franchise, I don’t think they would relegate it to a mii costume or something smaller. It really was revolutionary for the genre, even somewhat creating what the genre is today, and Doom (2017) really opened up a lot of eyes for third parties seeing how it was really successful and actually being possible on a portable system. However, I could be wrong seeing how Resident Evil got just spirits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Fatmanonice Fatmanonice Just wondering: About the Direct you say may come in the second week of January...

Is it just a guess from you, or is it also thought of by other insiders you know?

Just wondering.

To everyone else, if there were remixes of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars tracks to be in Smash Bros. Ultimate, what tracks would you like to see remixed?
The first three words of this post are "My guess is" - that seems like a bit of a giveaway that it's just his opinion.

I realize we'll probably get battle themes (my pick would be Fight Against an Armed Boss), but I'd like to see some remixes of town themes as well. The Peach's Castle remix from Fortune Street was great.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The first three words of this post are "My guess is" - that seems like a bit of a giveaway.

I realize we'll probably get battle themes (my pick would be Fight Against an Armed Boss), but I'd like to see some remixes of town themes as well. The Peach's Castle remix from Fortune Street was great.
I was just checking if that guess is shared by other insiders he knows.

What about Seaside Town? I know that may not be battleish much, but it is still a great track. And Moleville, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom