• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
While I don't dislike the idea of a travelling stage to represent SMRPG, that'd also undeniably be an unfathomable amount of work to model out the entire world of SMRPG (for the first time, mind you), along with implementing all those hazards and background cameos. I, personally, am partial to the idea of a Bowser's Keep stage with Exor falling from the sky and bisecting the stage occasionally, mainly because I made a custom stage around it once.
I understand the risk and problems you explained there, as well as all the hard work involved. I just thought it was an idea worth sharing anyway. It was just an idea, by the way.

D

Deleted member

I understand the risk and problems you explained there, as well as all the hard work involved. I just thought it was an idea worth sharing anyway. It was just an idea, by the way.
I think they could do it. It wouldn’t be impossible for them to do it. They would just have to focus on some specific areas like the Forest Maze and Booster Tower and make every other area a background location.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Fighter 5: Doomguy
I'm sorry fatman, but i feel like you and your sources are being jebaited with the Dovakhin being the final character, like how some leaker thought that Steve was getting in instead of Banjo.
Yeah, this is sounding all too familiar, really.
- A Character that most would be happy to see in Smash. (Banjo/Doomguy)
- Owned by a western developer. (Microsoft/Bethesda)
- Plenty of circumstantial evidence that suggests they may be coming. (New B-K Merch/Bethesda has had talks with Nintendo & The CacoMallow Post)
- A name being heard by people for a rival character who less people want who is considered likely enough, but is possibly leakbait. (Steve/Dovakin)

I'm now done with two of the eight sections and it's already about 5 pages long... Help...
Oh lordy. This is really gonna be a long one...
YoureMakingMeNervous.png

MisterMike MisterMike just wanna throw it out there your long posts in support of Geno are always so nice to read; I love being a part of this thread just because it’s nice interacting with other people who find not just Geno, but SMRPG as endearing as I do. Thanks for all your contributions :)
Thanks, I'm really glad you like them!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I think they could do it. It wouldn’t be impossible for them to do it. They would just have to focus on some specific areas like the Forest Maze and Booster Tower and make every other area a background location.
Yeah, that does sound hard.

If the stage were Forest Maze itself, how is this for an element? A tree trunk pipe like those in the game and in Forest Maze appears and when it does, the players can enter the tree trunk pipe, and when they do, the fight begins to shift to the underground area of Forest Maze. With that, the stage begins to shift to the underground area, and with that, the other players must enter the pipe or get KOed by the time the screen completely shifts to the underground section. The characters being played as do not enter the underground itself when going through the tree trunk pipe until the stage has completely shifted to the underground, and the characters remain there until a spring appears, which, if a character jumps on it, causes the stage to shift to the surface like how the tree trunk pipe causes the stage to shift to the underground, with the characters having to go onto the spring as it does shift to the surface or risk being KOed. If you understand what I mean here, what do you think of this idea?

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that does sound hard.

If the stage were Forest Maze itself, how is this for an element? A tree trunk pipe like those in the game and in Forest Maze appears and when it does, the players can enter the tree trunk pipe, and when they do, the fight begins to shift to the underground area of Forest Maze. With that, the stage begins to shift to the underground area, and with that, the other players must enter the pipe or get KOed by the time the screen completely shifts to the underground section. The characters being played as do not enter the underground itself when going through the tree trunk pipe until the stage has completely shifted to the underground, and the characters remain there until a spring appears, which, if a character jumps on it, causes the stage to shift to the surface like how the tree trunk pipe causes the stage to shift to the underground, with the characters having to go onto the spring as it does shift to the surface or risk being KOed. If you understand what I mean here, what do you think of this idea?
Personally, I’m not a huge fan of scrolling and transitioning levels where it becomes too over complicated. It sounds good on paper but maybe not overall execution on the stage itself.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Imma drop this here without any context and see how that goes.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I honestly can't really think of any defined ideas for stages, like how they'd work.
But purely in visuals, I've always loved the spot you fight Yaridovich in. In HD, fully rendered, I think it'd be an amazing backdrop to battle against.

Tomasagaz14

Banned via Warnings
Ok guys, i gotta say something, i guess that now i can't say much more against Geno...

You see, as you know, Geno is quite a topic for me, i discussed about him with a good friend, which is friends with a certain someone that they trust... and they told my friend that Geno is the third post Fighter Pass character and that he would be revealed at E3 2020, yeah...
My friend was told that Post Fighter Pass is a mix of First Party and Third Party and will be 6 characters, the first two are first party, 3 and 4 are third party, in the cases of 5 and 6, one is First Party and the other Third Party, though my friend doesn't knows which is which.

My friend told me that he was told the the final Fighter of this fighter pass, and 1, 2 and 3 of FP2.

Apparently, 5 will be revealed in a Wednesday 8 Direct and will be Sora, they were able to gather a good amount of information due to release being so close.
Sora will be released at the beginning of February.
Sora will bring the following:
13 Tracks.
Boss Battles Mode.
Keyblade Graveyard as stage
The Mii Costumes are Chocobo's hat and Gil's Costume returning, Xemnas and Roxas Swordfighers, Larxene Brawler and Xigbar Gunner.

The Spirits are: Heartless, The Guardians of Light, Organization XIII and Lingering Will.

The first Post Fighter Pass character is Byleth, which brings a Monastery stage, Rhea, Edelgard, Claude and Dimitri are Mii Costumes, my friend still doesn't knows the Spirits.

The Second Post Fighter Pass Character is The Legionis from Astral Chain with Astral Plane as stage, Mii Costumes are Jena Anderson, Maximilian Howard, Legion and Raven. Spirits are also unknown

The Third Post Fighter Pass character is... as i said, Geno, i couldn't believe it, but i really trust my Friend, so i can do nothing but actually believe, Bowser Keep is the stage, Costumes are Mallow, Smithy, Red Axem Ranger, Jonathan Jones and Croco.

So obviously i'm a bit letdown for Geno actually joining despite all my fighting against it, but Congratulations i guess, you did it, and at least the other DLC characters are cool for me.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

You know, a Geno thread Hunger games would be rather fun to see. Doubt this thread can watch something like that in depth(I imagine that would take up a lot of posts), but it might work within certain posting constraints.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Ok guys, i gotta say something, i guess that now i can't say much more against Geno...

You see, as you know, Geno is quite a topic for me, i discussed about him with a good friend, which is friends with a certain someone that they trust... and they told my friend that Geno is the third post Fighter Pass character and that he would be revealed at E3 2020, yeah...
My friend was told that Post Fighter Pass is a mix of First Party and Third Party and will be 6 characters, the first two are first party, 3 and 4 are third party, in the cases of 5 and 6, one is First Party and the other Third Party, though my friend doesn't knows which is which.

My friend told me that he was told the the final Fighter of this fighter pass, and 1, 2 and 3 of FP2.

Apparently, 5 will be revealed in a Wednesday 8 Direct and will be Sora, they were able to gather a good amount of information due to release being so close.
13 Tracks.
Boss Battles Mode.
The Mii Costumes are Chocobo's hat and Gil's Costume returning, Xemnas and Roxas Swordfighers, Larxene Brawler and Xigbar Gunner.

The Spirits are: Heartless, The Guardians of Light, Organization XIII and Lingering Will.

The first Post Fighter Pass character is Byleth, which brings a Monastery stage, Rhea, Edelgard, Claude and Dimitri are Mii Costumes, my friend still doesn't knows the Spirits.

The Second Post Fighter Pass Character is The Legionis from Astral Chain with Astral Plane as stage, Mii Costumes are Jena Anderson, Maximilian Howard, Legion and Raven. Spirits are also unknown

The Third Post Fighter Pass character is... as i said, Geno, i couldn't believe it, but i really trust my Friend, so i can do nothing but actually believe, Bowser Keep is the stage, Costumes are Mallow, Smithy, Red Axem Ranger, Jonathan Jones and Croco.

So obviously i'm a bit letdown for Geno actually joining despite all my fighting against it, but Congratulations i guess, you did it, and at least the other DLC characters are cool for me.
6f8.png

... but seriously, who are you and why should we believe you?

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
You know, a Geno thread Hunger games would be rather fun to see. Doubt this thread can watch something like that in depth(I imagine that would take up a lot of posts), but it might work within certain posting constraints.
As long as I do better than I did on the discord one

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Imagine hating on Geno when his inclusion is nothing but good for future character picks.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Doesn't change the fact that you are hating on Geno, the darkest of horse picks, who does nothing but open the door for the deepest of character picks with his inclusion.

You most have met with Optimistic Strifer if you hate on Geno fans because he's the only one I can think of that would lash out enough to ruin someone's image of the Geno fanbase.

Still no reason to dislike the character. I guess I will have to make my Geno videos after all. Good thing I got a new mic for Crimis.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Be sure to give me a shout out in the gamefaqs thread about how we totally believed the fake leak.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I get what the guy means. Sometimes fans can really irritate a person. Some get over it and understand the fanbases aren't all the same, and some doesn't. As for the leak, I'd be more worried if it were real cause somebody could get in trouble. ...I hope you had permission to put the details out, Tomasagaz14 Tomasagaz14

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I get what the guy means. Sometimes fans can really irritate a person. Some get over it and understand the fanbases aren't all the same, and some doesn't. As for the leak, I'd be more worried if it were real cause somebody could get in trouble. ...I hope you had permission to put the details out, Tomasagaz14 Tomasagaz14
No need to worry, I'm sure the Great Mighty Poo gave him permission to post that.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No need to worry, I'm sure the Great Mighty Poo gave him permission to post that.
Don't shoot the messenger is also a thing. Besides that, being overly hostile towards anyone is against the rules anyway(being hostile in general is too), so you lost me with your points. I'm not seeing any justification for that kind of response at all.

Or have we not learned that a leaker/insider's attitude has nothing to do with whether they have real information or not? They're unconnected. Verge should've taught people that a long time ago. He's had real information(possibly doesn't know anything other than Hero stuff when it comes to DLC) before. His attitude sucks. Doesn't have a thing to do with his credibility, which is very high. And he's had an error(and who was coming out first... which was mostly speculation due to Hero being a base game character, but that could be false information he was given. No way to tell) too. Still credible.

I don't believe this guy is credible, but that's not an excuse to throw him under a bus either. Nobody should be treated like that. It's not honestly rocket science that hostile behavior is poor no matter who does it.

Deity Madason

Smash Cadet

13 Tracks.
Boss Battles Mode.

You absolute Madlad

TipperTheScales

Smash Apprentice
NNID
31ghtb1ts3rvant
3DS FC
3437-3163-4791
I guess the two way street has some roadworks on it if traffic of a certain sort is being permitted, but eh.

On the content of this rumour, by conventional wisdom that's far too much concrete information that is known for what we assume the current timeframe is. It's also at least third hand so someone is either baiting or just has probable misinformation. I don't see much value in returning to it unless someone in the insidersphere is able to crossexamine it and confirm/deny its legitimacy.

To the user in question - you're old enough to seriously have tougher skin than get frazzled by faceless online voices over a freaking video game. Letting that get to you and change your view towards a character doesn't paint the nicest picture for your skills in diplomacy in the future... As others have said, it's probably better for you emotionally to step away and post more in a support topic for a character you do enjoy unconditionally.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Don't shoot the messenger is also a thing. Besides that, being overly hostile towards anyone is against the rules anyway(being hostile in general is too), so you lost me with your points. I'm not seeing any justification for that kind of response at all.

Or have we not learned that a leaker/insider's attitude has nothing to do with whether they have real information or not? They're unconnected. Verge should've taught people that a long time ago. He's had real information(possibly doesn't know anything other than Hero stuff when it comes to DLC) before. His attitude sucks. Doesn't have a thing to do with his credibility, which is very high. And he's had an error(and who was coming out first... which was mostly speculation due to Hero being a base game character, but that could be false information he was given. No way to tell) too. Still credible.

I don't believe this guy is credible, but that's not an excuse to throw him under a bus either. Nobody should be treated like that. It's not honestly rocket science that hostile behavior is poor no matter who does it.
I'm not being hostile to the guy, I'm just getting across the point that I'm not going to trust someone I'm barely familiar with when he waltzes into the thread with a TRUE AND LEGIT LEAK, BRO. I wasn't born yesterday, mate. Or are you talking about me Baneposting at him?
You guys realize he’s faking it, right?
Pretty much. A telltale sign of a liar is when they provide too much information, going way too in-depth about the most minute details. It's overcompensation.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord

Speaking of the BrantSteele Hunger Games sim, did you know that there’s a secret 2.0 beta hidden away on the .com site? If you go to the HG sim and then change it from BrantSteele.net to .com, there’s a lot of changes, and it’s maybe 90% finished towards a full 2.0 release.

Fun stuff, also off topic. EDIT: unless we do a Geno Thread HG sim, that’d be cool. Maybe still off topic, our friendly neighbor moderator can be the judge though, as I’m not 100% sure.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I only remember Hunger Sims on Social Threads or the Forum Games/Decisive Games sections. I think it might be too off-topic here? Maybe? Since it's not in particular about Geno?

At least if I understood what the mods are saying right.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I’m the kind of guy who just believes everything when it comes to leaks just to have something to discuss because if it’s fake I don’t have the emotional connection to really be upset and not just shrug it off.

But I don’t just blindly believe leaks either, and my only concern Tomas is that even fairly recently within the last two weeks, you specifically started threads on GameFAQs to borderline-brigade the Geno thread and enjoyed a temporary ban for coming here and intentionally trolling and flaming the thread. That does not mean that I will immediately dismiss you, because I am open to at least considering any possibility, but the timing is suspicious and the person it is coming from even moreso.

If you’re gonna stick around short-term, any more info you can provide on where/who/how you got this info? How long have you had it? Do you personally, assuming you’re being legitimate, consider the person you received this info from to be legitimate?

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I honestly can't really think of any defined ideas for stages, like how they'd work.
But purely in visuals, I've always loved the spot you fight Yaridovich in. In HD, fully rendered, I think it'd be an amazing backdrop to battle against.
Woah... as I've said many times before, I have never played Super Mario RPG and, as such, I haven't seen much of the game aside from the opening forest area, the fight with Bowser on the chandeliers, and the interior of a ship.

I say that because that screenshot looks really fricken nice. I love that setting. It looks like the battle is taking place in a canyon or mountain range of some sort (maybe a cave?). Regardless, that setting crimson sun in the background with the more muted colors of (what I assume are) the brown cliffside is really a gorgeous sight.

I was already impressed with the set piece of fighting Bowser on chandeliers, but this surpasses that I think. I just love the melancholic nature of the sun and surrounding scenery's colors. Thank you for sharing! I'm sure you Super Mario RPG fans delight in a unacquainted player marveling at a game you all love so much. Hopefully I'll play it soon!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom