• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Looks amazing to me. I wouldn't think it was rushed in a million years.
Thanks. I might do something else, some time. I had an idea for Exor, but it would've been too complicated so I went with Geno/Shadow, instead. ..I also thought about putting Doomguy in there, too, but he didn't fit and I wasn't gonna get rid of Shadow to make room.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
By the way - I finished that Geno art I said I was gonna do. It's messy, and I can do much better, but I was kinda rushing and trying to work on multiple things at once.

This is so ****ing cool. I had ideas similar to this for a potential "Subspace 2" mode around the time of the Grinch leak. Shadow and Geno are powerful as hell and work good as teammates...or maybe even...as enemies?

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I know this is off topic, but if anyone here lives in the U.S., I want as many as possible to be aware of COPPA and youtube. This is essentialy a “think of the children” act being used to destroy the site. Any content deemed by the government to be for “children” will be unsearchable, non-recommended, and lose 90% of ad revenue. Those who do not comply can be fined up $42k per video. This will almost certainly affect creators we enjoy, possibly including PapaGenos. If you have the time please watch this video by Chadtronic explaining the situation or leave a comment on the ftc website telling them to call off the new measures.

Im really sorry if this bothered anyone or is too off topic, but everyone in the US at least should know about it. Youtube has too much of a legacy and too much good content to lose. Thank you for you time.

Okay to keep this comment on topic I’d love to see fatman’s explanation on Geno

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
By the way - I finished that Geno art I said I was gonna do. It's messy, and I can do much better, but I was kinda rushing and trying to work on multiple things at once.

Not only is that awesome, but you also put my boy Shadow in it.

This pleases Duck Queen greatly.

Griselda

Smash Lord
This is so ****ing cool. I had ideas similar to this for a potential "Subspace 2" mode around the time of the Grinch leak. Shadow and Geno are powerful as hell and work good as teammates...or maybe even...as enemies?
I figured they'd definitely be allies - with Geno wanting to keep the peace and restore wishes to the world.. and Shadow protecting humanity to honor Maria's final wish.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I figured they'd definitely be allies - with Geno wanting to keep the peace and restore wishes to the world.. and Shadow protecting humanity to honor Maria's final wish.
I thought that said Mario's final wish, and I was plum 'bout to lose it.

Geno just, as he's ascending to Star Road and leaving his friends, possibly forever, chimes out, "Mario, this is what you wanted, right? This was the promise I made to you."

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Hey guys, I know this is off topic, but if anyone here lives in the U.S., I want as many as possible to be aware of COPPA and youtube. This is essentialy a “think of the children” act being used to destroy the site. Any content deemed by the government to be for “children” will be unsearchable, non-recommended, and lose 90% of ad revenue. Those who do not comply can be fined up $42k per video. This will almost certainly affect creators we enjoy, possibly including PapaGenos. If you have the time please watch this video by Chadtronic explaining the situation or leave a comment on the ftc website telling them to call of the new measures.

Im really sorry if this bothered anyone or is too off topic, but everyone in the US at least should know about it. Youtube has too much of a legacy and too much good content to lose. Thank you for you time.

I feel like this is something even non-US citizens like myself should worry about. The amount of content on Youtube coming from that country alone is near endless, and if things go south, that sets a dangerous precedent for other regions of the world too. And all that in the name of the "tHiNk Of ThE cHiLdReN" mentality when it's so obviously the parents' responsibility to regulate what their children watch on a website used by people of all ages? God that's stupid.

Uhhh, we got a little off-track so...

GENO

There, on-topic again.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I thought that said Mario's final wish, and I was plum 'bout to lose it.

Geno just, as he's ascending to Star Road and leaving his friends, possibly forever, chimes out, "Mario, this is what you wanted, right? This was the promise I made to you."
That mental image has brightened up my day. That's one of my favorite scenes from SA2, and if I had time right now I'd probably draw that.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Well, while we wait for Fatman's big story, im gonna continue to post my garbage memes because I have nothing better to do. -image removed for censor dodging-

Last edited by a moderator:

Griselda

Smash Lord
..I definitely don't have time for it, but now I wanna do a short comic thing where Geno and Shadow are fighting through the puppet fighters to reach Dharkon, or some other villain... Like Smithy, somehow fused with the Space Colony ARK.

D

Deleted member

Debating doing a big Geno post. Probably take me like an hour or two to hammer out. Basically want to explain why I think Geno's 6 or 7 using information that I'm allowed to.
Post in whatever form you want Fatmanonice always enjoy you're posts and if it's a better hint towards, our wooden doll's chances. It'll be great to hear.

What do I think we'll hear at. The Game Awards. Mortal Kombat II, Kingdom Gearts III, Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry 5 may win big.

We'll get character #5.

Nintendo may talk about something else as well maybe BOTW2. Please Nintendo!

Ghost of Tsushima may get a big trailer.

Halo Infinite maybe gets something.

Just some guesses some maybe wrong.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I know this is off topic, but if anyone here lives in the U.S., I want as many as possible to be aware of COPPA and youtube. This is essentialy a “think of the children” act being used to destroy the site. Any content deemed by the government to be for “children” will be unsearchable, non-recommended, and lose 90% of ad revenue. Those who do not comply can be fined up $42k per video. This will almost certainly affect creators we enjoy, possibly including PapaGenos. If you have the time please watch this video by Chadtronic explaining the situation or leave a comment on the ftc website telling them to call off the new measures.

R.I.P SMG4 and SuperMarioLogan

D

Deleted member

No Grumbo I'm glad you posted to my understanding if you don't mark your content as child friendly. If it's not you can be fined. For example I hope Papagenos is not affected but I'm hoping for the best. One chanel I'm watching a playthrough of Pokemon Shield maybe affected too so hoping for the best!

Grumbo

Smash Ace
Post in whatever form you want Fatmanonice always enjoy you're posts and if it's a better hint towards, our wooden doll's chances. It'll be great to hear.

What do I think we'll hear at. The Game Awards. Mortal Kombat II, Kingdom Gearts III, Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry may win big.

We'll get character #5.

Nintendo may talk about something else as well maybe BOTW2. Please Nintendo!

Ghost of Tsushima may get a big trailer.

Halo Infinite maybe gets something.

Just some guesses some maybe wrong.
I kinda hope MK11 doesnt get much. I followed that game’s pre-release very closely and the finally result was pretty disappointing, at least roster-wise (free my boy Rain). And the story mode was very poorly written. The gameplay wasnt decent though. It should probably get a nom for that but we all know what game should really get the fighting game award ;).

D

Deleted member

No he hasn't posted yet just awaiting word from him. We'll see soon enough.

Hope it's good news for Geno which sounds like it is.

So thank goodness!

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'd share more art with all of you, but at the moment that one's the only Geno-related piece I've done - that I have easy access to, anyway.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
As a mature and professional side note, pink haired villager can rot in hell. Geno, never be as annoying as her in Smash.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I need to make notes so it won't be tonight. Basically I'm having to recap like a year's worth of **** so it's going to take awhile to map it out.
No worries. Looking forward to seeing that post tomorrow! Take all the time you need

D

Deleted member

I need to make notes so it won't be tonight. Basically I'm having to recap like a year's worth of **** so it's going to take awhile to map it out.
Well whenever you post it I'll be looking forward to reading it! Take all the time you need dude we'll all be here when you're done with it.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
See Ya, Guys. i'm gonna color my friend's picture, brush up and play vanoss in the background, then go to bed. you all take care.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I know that the Mallow/Cacodemon leak is old news, but that didn't stop me from putting in waaay too much effort into this. I got bored :ultpacman:.

doom rpg lotss.png

banjo threeie.png

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Take your time, man! Rome wasn't built in a day after all!
Now my memes, on the other hand...

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
hired the same artist (shoutouts to Laila Glushko) who did my fox avy to make some sick geno art

geno lends himself well to dank alt skins but we always knew our boi was swagged out

D

Deleted member

So a couple of things I wanted to say, but wasn't sure how to phrase it properly:
  • For Geno's VA, another good candidate would be Mikoto's VA from Dragalia Lost. He has that deep, serves-a-higher-authority feeling to him that I think would suit Geno really well. To sum up Mikoto's character, he's a lot like Geno where he's merely carrying out the acts of the heavens. He strongly believes in the idea of fate, where heaven decides what's best for him. He's simply a servant of a higher authority.
"I follow Heaven's will. Nothing more."
Sounds a little bit like our star boy, doesn't it?
  • Does anyone remember Super Mario Guy RPG? It was by LordoftheJimmy. It was pretty unique, combining both Super Mario RPG with Family Guy. I remember watching this back in 2012/2013, and I thought it was amazing. I watched every episode released, I loved Family Guy at the time so I thought it was the coolest thing ever, lol. I haven't watched it since then, but it definitely was a product of it's time, though.
Mario was Peter, Mallow was Chris, Peach was Lois, not sure who Meg was, Geno was Brian and he had banter with "God" every now and then.
I don't think he ever finished the series, though, he got up to Forest Maze and quit if I recall correctly.

Honestly, this series plus Rawest Forest really made me more invested in Geno and SMRPG as a whole.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I know that the Mallow/Cacodemon leak is old news, but that hasn't stop me from putting in waaay too much effort into this. I got bored :ultpacman:.

View attachment 247217

Also, quick sidenote, now I kinda want a mod for the OG Doom where Doomguy has his face and guns replaced by Geno's after editing that.

Just thought I'd throw it out there for any potential Doom modders who might be reading, wink wink nudge nudge.

Oh, and do the same with Banjo and Kazooie please, with those FPS missions in Tooie that pretty much writes itself

Last edited:

Forthestarcapelad

Smash Apprentice

C'mon dude. It's past Halloween. Why do you have to scare me with this?
In all seriousness though, thanks for sharing. Added my own signature to the petition and my comment.
Oh and uh
Relevant to the thread. Geno.
Hoping he's #6 or 7, and would love to see the reasoning for why. Yeah.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
C'mon dude. It's past Halloween. Why do you have to scare me with this?
In all seriousness though, thanks for sharing. Added my own signature to the petition and my comment.
Oh and uh
Relevant to the thread. Geno.
Hoping he's #6 or 7, and would love to see the reasoning for why. Yeah.
Geno is #6 because he was supposed to be 7, but got the dates mixed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom