• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Guys... a bit of a reach but... last year's Game Awards was on December 7th. This year, it's on December 12th.
12 - 7 = 5:nifty:

Reaching aside, the reveal for DLC Fighter #5 at The Game Awards is looking very likely. Despite some names having been deconfirmed as Fighter #5 (NOT as upcoming DLC however), I still feel that Crash could be the 5th. If the next reveal will be at TGA, Crash's reveal would fit the bill imo.

EDIT: Also with the new video promo for the Smash Bros Ultimate tournament that will be held in Japan where Company representatives will participate, the fact that one of the companies is Sony makes me think that, if Crash would be brought to Smash's roster, although he's Activision's IP, Sony could perhaps play as a mediator... (since back in the 90s, Crash was Playstation's mascot and Mario's rival in the console wars).

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Here’s a question I’ve had about the inside circles concerning how certain they seem to be about character 5.

Before Nintendo leaked that character 4 was from SNK, how sure were they that they knew who it would be? I remember that one guy was 100% certain it would be Hayabusa, but it seemed to blindside most of the leaker community from what I saw. Before that, did they think they knew who #4 was or were they as in the dark as we are?
Overwhelmingly in the dark. Two people had heard Terry but didn't take it seriously and didn't really bother to share it because they thought he was too obscure. Sometimes this is how info falls through the cracks because of personal bias.

D

Deleted member

So Sony is at this tournament that Daddy Sakurai is hosting. Hmm

Dosen't mean anything but if Kratos, Rachet & Clank, Sackboy, or Sly. Cooper or any of their characters get in I'm down!

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Overwhelmingly in the dark. Two people had heard Terry but didn't take it seriously and didn't really bother to share it because they thought he was too obscure. Sometimes this is how info falls through the cracks because of personal bias.
Okay cool, thanks. So given that you guys seem to have more solid intel this time the chances of being blindsided again are probably pretty low, so I’m gonna keep my expectations tempered.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Sony?
SONY?
KNACK BABY ITS TIME FOR KNACK TO COME HOME THE LONG AWAITED ARRIVAL OF KNACK WHO HAS A KNACK FOR BEATING PEOPLE UP WITH KNACK ITS **** GENO BOYS WHO EVEN CARES WE ARE GETTING KNAAAACK.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sony?
SONY?
KNACK BABY ITS TIME FOR KNACK TO COME HOME THE LONG AWAITED ARRIVAL OF KNACK WHO HAS A KNACK FOR BEATING PEOPLE UP WITH KNACK ITS **** GENO BOYS WHO EVEN CARES WE ARE GETTING KNAAAACK.
Can't believe that we're getting Knack in Smash before Knack HD, smh.

You had one job, Reggie!

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Hindsight is 20/20 and all that but after Joker and Hero got in with Sakurai going on and on about how their games were big influences on him personally and his work people should have really seen a Fatal Fury rep coming down the line considering he was never shy about how bodying casuals in KoF is what led to him coming up with the concept of Smash in the first place. We as a community really do get a bit myopic sometimes.

Franco Geno

Smash Lord
These days sure have been quiet regarding leaks, and btw what are you guys expecting to be announced at the Game Awards?

Last edited:

Plank08

Smash Lord
Sony?
SONY?
If not Sackboy I would gladly take Knack
*Donkey Noises in the distance*

also I just want to know how FP5 is, the wait is becoming unbearable for me, I just want to know, I promise if I know I won’t tell anyone

T2by4

Smash Lord
PicsArt_10-11-12.50.14.jpg

Why, yes, I do sing the song, "Rawest Forest" in the showers every moning. How could you tell?

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Just changed my profile pic! In the midst of the Geno hype, I would've gone for something related to him, but my username just lends itself to a Mallow pun too well.

Too bad I can't rename my account, else I would go by Mallow Mart now. :ultpacman:

mallow mart.png

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
ehh...it is past the 1776 page now so...w/e. Let’s move on.

In other news, uncomfortable gaming facts that are uncomfortable; donkey Kong country is now officially 25 years old. In two more years smrpg will be. Also everyone in this thread will likely live long enough to see the days that both the creator of mario, AND the voice of Mario pass away from natural causes, as both are over the age of 60.
I haven't even caught up , but I saw this post and just wanted to say - don't you curse Miyamoto like that.

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
Debating doing a big Geno post. Probably take me like an hour or two to hammer out. Basically want to explain why I think Geno's 6 or 7 using information that I'm allowed to.
PLEASE DO IT!

Doesn't matter if it turns out being a measly paragraph or if it overtakes the title of longest work of literature in the English language, I'll read it all through.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
So wait. Who isn't on this theoretical list then? I haven't been following much at all since Terry released. He's been getting me back into Smash Bros. I haven't enjoyed a character this much in a long time!

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
PLEASE DO IT!

Doesn't matter if it turns out being a measly paragraph or if it overtakes the title of longest work of literature in the English language, I'll read it all through.
Can you outdo a Subspace Emissary fanfic made to get better at English?

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
By the way - I finished that Geno art I said I was gonna do. It's messy, and I can do much better, but I was kinda rushing and trying to work on multiple things at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom