• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
uh.png

This is how I part ways 'til tomorrow: with one heck of a mood

Goodnight y'all, see ya after Terry busts some wolves

andree123

Smash Ace
Imagine if we get a mii costume of Geno alongside with Smithy and Mallow, we'll get a playable Waluigi instead of a playable Geno.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Imagine if we get a mii costume of Geno alongside with Smithy and Mallow, we'll get a playable Waluigi instead of a playable Geno.
That would really suck for Geno fans, but i'm also a huge fan of Waluigi getting in as a fighter, so bittersweet.

Griselda

Smash Lord
..Wait, we still haven't seen the supposed Smithy mii costume, have we? What if it's actually somehow Smithy we're getting as a fighter?

D

Deleted member

I'm heading to bed. Goodnight everyone! Let's hope for nothing concerning our boy at worst or something positive towards his chances at best! (Hell maybe Sakurai/NintendoVS was lying but I doubt it.)
View attachment 245400

This is how I part ways 'til tomorrow: with one heck of a mood

Goodnight y'all, see ya after Terry busts some wolves
Goodnight Oval!

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I see four possibilities for tomorrow (and 2+ is possible after tomorrow, really), ordered by how likely I think they are:

1. No SMRPG related costumes. It means the same thing as it always has; we keep waiting.
2. We get a reveal of the Mallow hat and a Geno cap. Geno cap being just his hat, nothing else. This means Geno is not out of the running yet.
3. We get a reveal of the Hallow hat and a Sans-esque full Geno costume. I feel that this would be a deconfirm, but I would hold out hope until the last DLC is revealed.
4. Geno reveal, possibly alongside the 5th character.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
As much as I would love to see Geno appear tomorrow, wouldn't that pretty much obliterate nintendo's credibility?

"There will definitely, surely, undoubtedly be no reveals with this stream.......HERE'S GENO."

MisterMike

Smash Champion
As much as I would love to see Geno appear tomorrow, wouldn't that pretty much obliterate nintendo's credibility?

"There will definitely, surely, undoubtedly be no reveals with this stream.......HERE'S GENO."
Well I mean, they could do the reveal immediately after the presentation. Technically they'd still be telling the truth... :ultpacman:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
No one would be exactly mad at Nintendo if they lied about a character reveal. But good luck telling people "Don't expect new fighter information" and expecting them to listen later.

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120

100%, but I do want Geno soon tho.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I doubt it because of the length of this one, but they could always announce a date for something else within this one.

D

Deleted member

we get Geno, I don't care how credible Nintendo is or isn't after the fact. I'll buy what they're selling if you catch my drift.

Unrelated, but I thought of this a little earlier: when Geno hopefully gets his fighter presentation, I really want to hear Sakurai explain what was keeping him out for at least since Brawl. We have tons of fan theories but it'd be a cherry on top for me just to know the whole truth. Probably won't happen like that, though.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm heading off for tonight. Goodnight, good luck, and see you all tomorrow! And remember, share the video link for those who can't catch it live! :pumpkin:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
While I absolutely don’t expect them to reveal a fighter in the presentation, I’d find it hilarious if they took that “no information on upcoming fighters” thing literally, and just ended it with Sakurai silently playing as the next character, giving no actual verbal info on their release, just showing them off until the stream abruptly ends.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if it was ever debunked/proven, but I recall talks of Cloud being barred from appearing in CG trailers for one reason or another. If that's the case, would the same apply to Geno?

Cinderace

Smash Rookie
Late to the party, but add me to the support for Geno too, please.
I would indeed, really like for Geno to finally come back. Honestly, he's more Mario character, then Square.

As for the presentation tomorrow: As Nintendo had already said that there was not going to be a new character shown in it, I don't expect any new characters shown. Why would they lie about it? Just seems like they don't want people to get the wrong expectations.

With the Mii Mallow Hat and the Cacodemon Hat, I think those leaks are real.
All the info spread out before us has put it in a unique position of, "Real, until proven fake." Mods have been show to be currently "impossible" for Mii costumes or hats. With all the small details put into it each hat, not to mention it has an actual VIDEO of them, makes really hard to believe it is fake when no one can even replicate it with just a SCREENSHOT. Let alone a video.
I know it is a slim possibility it could be fake, but so far, it's hitting all the boxes for it to be real.

So I'm with those hats being legit.

Guess we'll see if these Mii hats show up or not in the presentation tomorrow... it'll be very soon thankfully.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
So....I might see the stream tomorrow anyway...

Think I just made myself ill...

I’ve had a really bad ant infestation in our kitchen, I decided to wage war on the little ******** and sprayed the hell out of the area they were at. made sure nothing else was there I planned to keep.

Problem? I was a little tool close when spraying....nose is now running like a faucet, coughing horribly, and my throat feels on fire...

Something tells me I’m in for a rough night...but least those damn pests are dead.

Plank08

Smash Lord
After what happened last year, I think I've been switching over to the mindset that even if a character I legitimately dislike gets in, that character is going to make someone happy, and that's worth something. And if Geno gets in, it doesn't really matter to me who else gets in with him, y'know? Everyone being able to celebrate together is the ideal ending for Ultimate, in my opinion.
That’s good, I like that, I’m gonna remember that when reimu inevitably gets in smash.

If geno doesn’t get in, I’ll be as pessimistic as Wynn.so please get in geno

Griselda

Smash Lord
If Geno doesn't get in, I think it'll just be the same as ever. I'll wonder what's keeping him, and wait for him to get into something else.

OffBi

Smash Ace
I don't think the mii costumes are being revealed at the Terry overview
So I think that it's real

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
Geno mains (hopefully) rise!

(And hopefully good riddance to that stupid fanrule, "spirits can't be characters")

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Super late but VRplant basically confirmed that there won't be a character reveal tomorrow so there's that. This was already assumed but, since I woke up randomly again to check my messages, I wanted to relay to all of you that Nintendo was being honest unless they're going an extra country mile to cover it up but I doubt it.

EditorMax

Smash Apprentice
Super late but VRplant basically confirmed that there won't be a character reveal tomorrow so there's that. This was already assumed but, since I woke up randomly again to check my messages, I wanted to relay to all of you that Nintendo was being honest unless they're going an extra country mile to cover it up but I doubt it.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
Fingers crossed nonetheless for any information that is, at the very least, not damning for our boy

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’m sorry for asking, but did he ever mention anything about new modes? Or modifications to old ones at least?

djgwiz

Smash Apprentice
If we end up getting Geno do y'all think they'll give him voice acting?
I'm more convinced that they might just give him mario rpg sound effects instead of voice acting. Think Pac-Mac or Duck Hunt.

Also, what has Sabi had to say about this mii costume leak?

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
If we end up getting Geno do y'all think they'll give him voice acting?
I'm more convinced that they might just give him mario rpg sound effects instead of voice acting. Think Pac-Mac or Duck Hunt.

Also, what has Sabi had to say about this mii costume leak?
None of Sabi’s sources can confirm or deny it at the moment, which is overall a positive thing for the leak.

Last edited:

Atmoz

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5145-1574-6323
https://twitter.com/nokoloc/status/1191987938403520513?s=19
The newest Famitsu article from Sakurai has leaked (as Famitsu articles typically leak around this time of the week), and it talks about a remixed track from Psycho Soldier, meaning that the livestream is no doubt more based on general SNK content rather than just KoF/Fatal Fury. Hopefully that'll end up extending to most, if not all the Mii costume selection as well.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Rrrrrrrrrayman!!!!
With Spirits no longer deconfirming(they clearly did for the FP itself, but not anymore), so many incredible characters become viable. Shantae, BWD, Rayman... the speculation floodgates are about to burst wide open again.

Griselda

Smash Lord
With Spirits no longer deconfirming(they clearly did for the FP itself, but not anymore), so many incredible characters become viable. Shantae, BWD, Rayman... the speculation floodgates are about to burst wide open again.
I don't really see how the 'no spirits rule' is any more or less clear now than it was at the beginning of DLC. Until we get actual confirmation from Sakurai either way, I don't think we'll ever know. Sure, so far the fighters pass hasn't had any spirits, but absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. It also hasn't had any Mario or Zelda characters, but I'm pretty sure it's more likely that the chosen selection just ended up not having any than it is for there to have been actual rules in place for who got picked. I'm sure they just chose whoever they felt would be best from an overall business perspective without limiting themselves.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Was that VR Plant’s prediction?

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I don't really see how the 'no spirits rule' is any more or less clear now than it was at the beginning of DLC. Until we get actual confirmation from Sakurai either way, I don't think we'll ever know. Sure, so far the fighters pass hasn't had any spirits, but absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. It also hasn't had any Mario or Zelda characters, but I'm pretty sure it's more likely that the chosen selection just ended up not having any than it is for there to have been actual rules in place for who got picked. I'm sure they just chose whoever they felt would be best from an overall business perspective without limiting themselves.
Well, if the Fighter’s Pass was being created at the same time the base game was, it’d make sense for the final in-game Spirit list to have no overlap. Instead of limiting themselves by what was already in the game, I mean more of a “this character is already planned as DLC, if they’re in the list, cut it” kind of thing.

Provided the Mii Costume leak is in fact real, then the theory that Spirits were not making it into the Fighters Pass is correct, while at the same time the idea that they won’t be DLC at all clearly isn’t.

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
a lack of a character reveal, I think it's safe to assume is NOT the hype prediction that VRPlant made, no.

Remember people, everything being speculated on that pertains to us is likely stuff that will happen well after this presentation. All we need to look out for here is an absence of geno mii costumes.

Last edited:

HudU

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4165 4708 0120
There has to be more to is right? Papa said it would be based off of what happened that day (the leak)
a lack of a character reveal, I think it's safe to assume is NOT the hype prediction that VRPlant made, no.

Remember people, everything being speculated on that pertains to us is likely stuff that will happen well after this presentation. All we need to look out for here is an absence of geno mii costumes.
And absence of Mallow/MRPG mii costumes. Not that it deconfirms Geno, but it would be less of a chance for Geno if something like that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom