• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
What can I say that already hasn’t been said? I’m literally praying to the heavens that this Starling relates to Geno because this leaker is so reliable.

Same for Sabi, and PapaGenos’ VR Plant

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Unrelated question, but what do you guys like on your pizzas? Me, pepperoni, cheese, hamburger, and Canadian bacon are stuff I like on mine
Been trying to eat less meat recently and absolutely fell in love with spinach pizza. Good stuff, can recommend :>

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Unrelated question, but what do you guys like on your pizzas? Me, pepperoni, cheese, hamburger, and Canadian bacon are stuff I like on mine
Depends on my mood. Sausage and Pepperoni is the classic I can always eat and enjoy, but I love a good Pizza that has a little bit of everything on it to like Pepperoni, Sausage, Mushrooms, Onions, Black Olives, Spinach, etc. Different types of pizza work with different toppings honestly. Hell, I've had like Broccoli on Pizza before and actually really enjoyed it haha. A solid like 4 cheese is also pretty great haha.

Thick crust leaning into deep dish is my preferred type though. Thin crust is good sometimes, but it almost always gets outclassed by other kinds for me haha.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Do you think Geno has to poop when he's in the puppet body? Haha I don't think he can but it would be really funny to see haha!
Never heard anyone say that, eh?
Well as a star he probably produces all his energy through just nuclear fusion. Though if his host is an organic I'd imagine the culture shock would make for some good scenes.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Been trying to eat less meat recently and absolutely fell in love with spinach pizza. Good stuff, can recommend :>
I've been trying to do the same, but Pizza always results in me breaking down for meat since Pizza kind of isn't the best for you anyway and I'm trying to limit my intake of Pizza (and many other things) to be healthier and lose some weight, so I always end up with the "Treat yourself" mentality when I'm eating pizza as of recent.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Honestly, it’s a good idea to just follow Amiibo releases, because new characters have consistently been released the week after Amiibo waves drop, the next of which is on September 20th.
The 20th is close to mid-September

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
I used to be really big on hamburger and just meat lovers in general, but I'm starting to enjoy pepperoni a lot more lately! There was also what I would call a breakfast pizza that I used to get, but I forget the actual name and I don't think that's entirely accurate description of it. I'm not even sure I could tell you what's on it besides like, canadian bacon and maybe a white sauce? It's been awhile.

Really it all kind of depends on where I'm getting the pizza from though.

Do you think Geno has to poop when he's in the puppet body? Haha I don't think he can but it would be really funny to see haha!
Never heard anyone say that, eh?
I've been on the internet long enough to know that's a dangerous question, but let's overthink it anyways! I bet anything he consumes just like, burns up on his star spirit or something. Probably wouldn't make any waste that way. And It's not like he gains organs by possessing the doll, (or at least... I hope he doesn't :urg:)

Though I have a question! Since he (presumably) doesn't have lungs or lips and most of the healing items in the games are sodas, is Geno capable of using straws? Or do you think he just yoinks the lid off and tries to get as much as he can in his awkward puppet mouth as he can without spilling too much?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I love pepperoni or meatballs on mine, and sometimes all meats.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Though I have a question! Since he (presumably) doesn't have lungs or lips and most of the healing items in the games are sodas, is Geno capable of using straws? Or do you think he just yoinks the lid off and tries to get as much as he can in his awkward puppet mouth as he can without spilling too much?
Someone needs to draw Geno cramming a soda can in his mouth, then Mario and Mallow just sort of stare awkwardly from the side, honestly.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
You know how at the end of Rosaluma's Smash 4 trailer, the Luna joined in with Kirby in doing the Kirby dance? Seeing Geno's true form do that with them would be pretty funny imo
Does anyone know who directs the Smash trailers? Is it Sakurai? Whoever it is Nintendo should consider them for doing cgi Nintendo shows. I don't know how feasible that is in the slightest, but the characterizations are so good and the little things like that kirby dance and Donkey Kong in general are so funny and well done.

EF4qoU3.jpg

I kind of wish Nintendo had kept doing shorts like their Pikmin ones for other series.

Firox

Smash Master
Hold up, did someone say that Fire Emblem Heroes is getting DLC characters? When is this happening?! Do I get to monotonously slaughter droves of cannon fodder with Edelgard? Who are we getting?!

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
"I'm not trying to stomp out hope."

Proceeds to make long winded post doing exactly just that.

My bud, my dude, you literally came into a character support thread and in a round about way said ''Give up. He's a PNG they found in Google Images and nothing more."
But this is something that we got to take into consideration. We can't ignore the negatives and only focus on the positives, that's just not how it works. There's a good chance that with this current Fighters Pass all those Spirits will just remain Spirits.

D

Deleted member

When it comes to Pizza I'm a basic guy give me Cheese and Pepperoni and that's all I could ask for. I sometimes take Meat on my pizza but not often.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know who directs the Smash trailers? Is it Sakurai? Whoever it is Nintendo should consider them for doing cgi Nintendo shows. I don't know how feasible that is in the slightest, but the characterizations are so good and the little things like that kirby dance and Donkey Kong in general are so funny and well done.
Sakurai writes the script and supervises while Yohei Shimozawa directs the trailers (Source). According to the article, Shimozawa has also worked as a film director on the Tekken and Metal Gear series.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
But this is something that we got to take into consideration. We can't ignore the negatives and only focus on the positives, that's just not how it works. There's a good chance that with this current Fighters Pass all those Spirits will just remain Spirits.
Even if that circumstantial fan rule ends up holding true, it does not mean Geno can’t be a bonus fighter later on, so really it’s just beating a dead horse.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Christ, these new Pokemon games looks like dog****. Team Yell? Really? It's like they looked at Team Skull and said "Well, people like how adorably ineffective they are at times, so what if we made this new team ACTUALLY MENTALLY IMPARED?" Seriously, these guys are so obnoxious looking. Who looked at these designs and thought this looked good? And then there's the new Pokemon, whose designs are so hit or miss I can't even believe they got past the planning stages. And for some reason, we can't get an evolution for Pokemon like Flygon or Luxray, but we can get not only a regional variant of Zigzagoon and Linoone, but a whole new evolution for said regional variant of Linoone. And holy ****, that new Pikachu-esque Pokemon is so bad. Why the hell do we need a new Pikachu for every generation when Pikachu is almost always available?!

I guess the only good thing to come out of this is the lack of Starlings, so it might still have something to do with Geno maybe.
....*shyly* I kinda like the look of team tell.

*proudly* I absolutely love the new zigzagoon family.

But yeah, the new Pikachu can go away for all I care. The only Pikachu they've ever added that I actually like is Squirrel Pikachu..

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
That's the thing, though. we know the negatives. We aren't disregarding them, but we also don't need to qualify every speculative post with an "I realize that geno might not happen" It's become a tired joke at this point.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
(Also, Morpeko is cute and I will fight whoever disagrees. Not... so big on those Galarian forms, though...)
Just when I thought we shared the same opinions on everything, you prove we are two very different people XD

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Sakurai writes the script and supervises while Yohei Shimozawa directs the trailers (Source). According to the article, Shimozawa has also worked as a film director on the Tekken and Metal Gear series.
Thanks, that's interesting information and cool to hear about Shimozawa's other work. Also hearing about how many parts there are to the process makes me think they almost undoubtedly have most if not all of the cgi done for characters 4 and 5 done at this point.

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Anyone remember the first time they heard Rawest Forest? I was pretty sure I heard it through YTMND sometime around 2005, and I guess it was the robotic-sounding original as opposed to the ones you hear these days.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Even if that circumstantial fan rule ends up holding true, it does not mean Geno can’t be a bonus fighter later on, so really it’s just beating a dead horse.
I feel like people latching on to this "bonus fighter" is getting ridiculous. There is no guarantee that any bonus fighter is going to happen because there was never a bonus fighter to begin with in Smash Bros Ultimate. I know people are going to bring up Piranha Plant but that wasn't a bonus fighter, that was a character that was planned before and they just couldn't get it done in time so they just hold it off for DLC. It didn't just miraculously appeared from the datacode and didn't sat down & say they should work on a crazy thing because they had time. No, Piranha Plant was planned for the base game since it's the only DLC character that had a Palutena's Guidance while everyone else doesn't, it just couldn't be completed in time. The title "bonus fighter" is just an empty gesture that hide the fact that they weren't ready for it's release. So I don't get the idea of bonus character coming up with a lot of signs pointing to this being it, the final DLC and nothing more.

link2702

Smash Champion
Ohhh pizza question...

Cheese pizza, pepperoni, and *gasp* I actually like pineapple pizza/Hawaiian(except when the pizza place seems to think that also means mayonnaise :| mayo does not belong on pizza ever.)

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Ohhh pizza question...

Cheese pizza, pepperoni, and *gasp* I actually like pineapple pizza/Hawaiian(except when the pizza place seems to think that also means mayonnaise :| mayo does not belong on pizza ever.)
YEES... SOMEONE ELSE LIKE PINEAPPLE ON PIZZA... finally

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pepperoni and mushrooms or spinach and feta with white sauce

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I honestly feel like Grasshopper answered this themselves back in December. When asked about Smash, they were enthusiastic about it. They said it was a dream for Travis to eventually fight Bayonetta but... they didn't think he deserved it yet. They noted his long hiatus from gaming and they were hoping that No More Heroes 3 would wind up being a game that would make Travis worthy to consider for the next Smash. As for Juliet Starling... Lollipop Chainsaw never came out on a Nintendo platform... Plus... it came out even before Smash 4... I'd even be hard pressed to call it a cult classic. It just kind of exists and has literally no reason to even appear in Smash.
Alright, good to know. It's likely that even Suda himself wouldn't see his confirmation coming. And man, it kind of sucks for LC to not get referenced when even Shadows of the Damned gets referenced in TSA, if only to take a jab at EA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom