• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The person at the store judged me when I got lollipop chainsaw

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Unrelated question, but what do you guys like on your pizzas? Me, pepperoni, cheese, hamburger, and Canadian bacon are stuff I like on mine
Pepperoni, sausage, and extra cheese. Four cheese is also really good. :lick:

The person at the store judged me when I got lollipop chainsaw
People always judge me in my hometown cause I don’t play all the FPS games that they do, DOOM is the only one I actually like and I’m not too big on FPS games either, so I don’t hardly pay attention to any of them.

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Ok, guys, I've been re-listening to the SMRPG soundtrack and came to a conclusion...if Geno gets into Smash, we HAVE to have the Smithy Battle Theme included. Fighting to a remix of that would be sick AF.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ok, guys, I've been re-listening to the SMRPG soundtrack and came to a conclusion...if Geno gets into Smash, we HAVE to have the Smithy Battle Theme included. Fighting to a remix of that would be sick AF.
Just hope that Square actually gives Yoko carte blanche in regards to that...

""Pokémon has been a part of our household for decades, ever since our kids first discovered them," Simmons told Newsweek in a statement. "And to see Pokémon pay homage to KISS, is flattering." "

https://www.newsweek.com/pokemon-sun-shield-linoone-kiss-obstagoon-gene-simmons-1453065

Apparently Newsweek got a statement from Simmons on Obstagoon
Dang, that's a pretty big compliment when a rock star praises your game about something.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So it has been over three, maybe four weeks since the Starling picture and Jon from GameXPlain posting that otter picture that usually hints at a Direct, from what I have read. I wonder why no news about anything those two pictures could have hinted at have come up yet?

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Late to the pizza question (haaa, the Geno thread always circles back to pie, even PIZZA pie!), but a New York slice with extra pepperoni is my heaven. Lots of cheese, lots of pepp, lots of love.

Geno would love pizza like the 90's goblin he is. (He'd adore Bagel Bites, which were all the rage in the 90's, even though they still exist today.)

So it has been over three, maybe four weeks since the Starling picture and Sabi's source posting that otter picture that usually hints at a Direct, from what I have read. I wonder why no news about anything those two pictures could have hinted at have come up yet?
Sabi's source wasn't posting otters. That was Jon from GameXplain.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Late to the pizza question (haaa, the Geno thread always circles back to pie, even PIZZA pie!), but a New York slice with extra pepperoni is my heaven. Lots of cheese, lots of pepp, lots of love.

Geno would love pizza like the 90's goblin he is. (He'd adore Bagel Bites, which were all the rage in the 90's, even though they still exist today.)

WHAT Ever. My bad, but still.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman

yeah! also, wouldn't geno LOVE turkey twizllers?

thanks JAMIE...

Loog

Smash Apprentice
So it has been over three, maybe four weeks since the Starling picture and Jon from GameXPlain posting that otter picture that usually hints at a Direct, from what I have read. I wonder why no news about anything those two pictures could have hinted at have come up yet?
Its possible the picture was sent way in advance.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
I feel like people latching on to this "bonus fighter" is getting ridiculous. There is no guarantee that any bonus fighter is going to happen because there was never a bonus fighter to begin with in Smash Bros Ultimate. I know people are going to bring up Piranha Plant but that wasn't a bonus fighter, that was a character that was planned before and they just couldn't get it done in time so they just hold it off for DLC. It didn't just miraculously appeared from the datacode and didn't sat down & say they should work on a crazy thing because they had time. No, Piranha Plant was planned for the base game since it's the only DLC character that had a Palutena's Guidance while everyone else doesn't, it just couldn't be completed in time. The title "bonus fighter" is just an empty gesture that hide the fact that they weren't ready for it's release. So I don't get the idea of bonus character coming up with a lot of signs pointing to this being it, the final DLC and nothing more.
It’s not ridicolous at all. Piranha Plant has his own DLC section on the site, and Sakurai has already stated they are ahead of schedule on their workload. You are being way too negative and pessimistic right now, even from someone who’s already been criticized of being pessimistic and worrisome

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I am back to my Hype persona...ITS YA BOI! I am missing the pizza (pie) talk. I love me some alfredo chicken pizza. The Italian in me is boiling over lol. But you can't go wrong with pepperoni and cheese.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know what, no, forget my original answer, this is the real correct answer.

Woah, uh... at ease, my dude. I just didn't want there to be any misinformation, that's all.
Forgive me if I sounded upset. I was not upset at all. I just wanted to say it that way, not knowing it wouldn't go so well with that reaction you just posted. Sorry, my bad.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Moderator speaking;

There's some issues to address, and it's been quite a few pages.

Offensive Language: Yes, we absolutely don't want to see that. It makes quite a few people uncomfortable. "Getting thicker skin" is not an appropriate response to this type of thing. The answer for these forums is to respect that and not use that kind of language. It's okay to censor your statements a little and use something far less offensive. We encourage it so it helps gets your thoughts out in a more appropriate manner.

Discourse: Discourse is not against the rules whatsoever in itself. Being negative is fine. It can be grating, sure. But this is a forum where multiple discussions happen. There's a vast difference between bashing and simply being negative. Reality is, some will doubt Geno's chances. Or anyone else. It's the Geno thread. Reasons you're not a fan of the character(keep in mind bashing and having a negative opinion are not the same thing. It can be subjective, but we will look into that kind of stuff as it happens) would be appropriate for this thread too. What's important instead is the language and tone you use when explaining your issues with the idea. Of course it's obvious that those who come into a thread to bash someone are generally going to be treated as trolling. People do that too.

Also, if you have questions, feel free to PM me or take it to Forum Support. Let's not derail this thread about forum rules, please. :)

That said, please keep the hurtful language off this area. If you'd like to debate on the thoughts of its usage, you can take that to Serious Discussion instead.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Forgive me if I sounded upset. I was not upset at all. I just wanted to say it that way, not knowing it wouldn't go so well with that reaction you just posted. Sorry, my bad.
It's all good! It did across as a bit snappy, yeah, but it's fine. I just feared I'd irritated you. Man, the internet is such a great venue for avoiding miscommunication, eh? :p

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's all good! It did across as a bit snappy, yeah, but it's fine. I just feared I'd irritated you. Man, the internet is such a great venue for avoiding miscommunication, eh? :p
No doubt about that! ^^ I guess I should have been more careful in what I said, but I am just glad it is all cool.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Jon could've been hinting at the Nindies, but I doubt that's what Sabi's source was hinting also.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Honestly, Jon posting about otters shouldn¨t even be taking seriously. Its more about his discussions where you should keep your ears out.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I'm not sure how him bringing up gun crime rate in the UK is going to help us, exactly. :drshrug:Saying this facetiously, please don't take this seriously.
I get that you weren¨t serious. But for clarification, I¨m talking about videos such as were he "predicted" the news of the FF games.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Before I forget, can we just appreciate how complex this Starling picture hint is? Think about it. We have come up with some many things it could relate to.
Compared to the other hints.
Blue Crab: The hell is this!? - Oh, Links Awakening? OK
Puzzle Witch: Banjo? (Another picture of a bear and bird) BANJO!?
Starling: Well it could be Geno...or Fire Emblem...or Pokemon...or Lolipop Chanisaw...or Kirby...or (You get the point)

This one hint has some many outcomes. NoA guy could not have picked a more complex hint that could hint to a lot of things.
Or rather... *tinfoil hat* Everyone in the Private Geno Discord knows what it is and came up with this hint to keep us in speculation mode til the reveal... :4pacman:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Unrelated question, but what do you guys like on your pizzas? Me, pepperoni, cheese, hamburger, and Canadian bacon are stuff I like on mine
Just about any kind of vegetable. I usually only do one meat (typically salami or pepperoni) and then utterly destroy it with like half a dozen vegetables. Mushrooms, garlic, onions, any kind of pepper, spinach, tomatoes, etc. There's a pizza place near me that does roasted broccoli as a topping option and it works surprisingly well. If I want to get extra hedonistic, I'll make it on focaccia, garlic butter the crust edges, and bake it with several types of cheese.

QQS

Smash Lord
I changed my profile pic in order to not confuse with our friend GenoBoost :)

Don’t know if I should credit the artist but it’s from SeanHicksArt.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
If you aren’t willing to accept challenges to the thought that your character is guaranteed you should chill out and reevaluate how you perceive online discourse.
*raises an eyebrow*

Okay everyone, show of hands. Who here actually believes that Geno is guaranteed?

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
"Words are just words" is the most cowardly, pea-brained possible defense someone could use for their own laziness, selfishness, and lack of empathy. It's a pathetic non-argument, and I have no respect for it.

And as someone who worked in a pizza place for a few years? When I'm feeling a little naughty, I'll get pineapple and pepperoni with ham, extra cheese, but the key is to get the toppings put UNDERNEATH the cheese.

I consider Geno guaranteed, btw

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
It’s not ridicolous at all. Piranha Plant has his own DLC section on the site, and Sakurai has already stated they are ahead of schedule on their workload. You are being way too negative and pessimistic right now, even from someone who’s already been criticized of being pessimistic and worrisome
There is no proof that Sakurai will do one more bonus fighter just to make Geno happen. If Sakurai really wanted Geno then he would've happened already or be part of the Fighters Pass. Just because Sakurai said he wanted the character doesn't mean anything because there's no way he would say that he doesn't want any particular character because that would be terrible PR. He let other popular characters that people having been wanting for many years to be excluded, chances are it will happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom