• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
The sources' credibility deepens. He not only leaked some of the Pokemon in today's presentation to us but he also correctly leaked the Three Thrones characters coming to Fire Emblem Heroes. I keep telling you all, this guy is batting a 1.000 and he's been correctly leaking things to Sabi and the rest of us for about a year now. It's insane how good this guy's intel is and salt about it from naysayers and rival leakers is hilarious.
I hope he stays employed.:)

MattX20

Smash Hero
At the very least, we know the release dates of the remaining base roster cast amiibos. The Fighter Pass ones though will probably release throughout 2020

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So, uh, in regards to the past few pages... yikes. Presenting arguments is one thing, but doing so with a bad attitude is another. (That first bit is regarding the whole Geno and spirits discourse that's here for the nth time. Siiiigh.) Along with that, dark humor is definitely something to handle with care, but it can be fun and games in the right circumstances. Not gonna delve too deep into the debate, though, because I honestly want nothing to do with discourse at the mo'. I'm too damn tired to bother rofl.
At least the amiibo theory does have solid ground to stand on. I could see a repeat of :ulthero:'s release situation under these circumstances.
Meaning Banjo would be late September or early October, which is A-OK by me. Then again, I'd be fine with any fall release for B-K, considering I'm just happy they're coming home. I waited 20 years to see them in Smash; I can wait another couple of months.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Sometimes i am glad I just skim through stuff to the last page.

Datk humor, heated arguments, and im assuming eventual name calling.... glad i missed most of it and am too lazy to look.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Yeah right now I'm pretty convinced In the amiibo theory as it just has that corporate sense that box theory had and it's currently 2 for 2. I'm guessing it will at the very end of September to meet the fall technicality but since I think a direct before that is likely I'm not too concerned.

Last edited:

valkiriforce

Smash Ace
Are you ever going to refer to Three Houses properly lol.
From what I recall Fatman has deliberately misnamed video game titles in his posts jokingly multiple times, I'm surprised you still haven't picked up on it lol.
It's kind of scattered, and I really only have two pieces of geno-centric art. The rest I'd prefer to keep anonymous. My board handle is fine for now.
Attached are the two pieces. (I really do need to make more)
I also did the operation starfall logo, but I don't think that counts as fanart >.>
You've done such an amazing job on both pieces - I'd love to know how people manage to create such quality-looking artwork, I approve. :starman:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
>edgy 17 year old defends his right to say edgy things

What a surprise lol
long-ass post
>Stops talking about it because it's not related to the thread and it's controversial
>Other people fail to read this and basically force more responses.

I won't say any more after this no matter what, but I will say this: neither of you get it at all. I never say anything to offend anyone and I'm a really nice guy unless you do something to me personally. I wish no one any ill-will, and I've had horrible things happen in me in my past, and I try my best not to judge people by their cover despite people wanting to be known by their labels nowadays. I don't care who you are or where you come from, I'll be nervous as hell around you until I feel accepted and can then relax regardless of your size, gender, age, skin pigment, sexual preference, favorite band, hair color, car model or zip code.

I would never just say something to make them feel bad, and I used to always fret about saying the wrong thing. This comes from having Asperger's and having to be raised on what is acceptable in society and what isn't in a way that most kids grab just by existing. I used to be terrified of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time so much that I never said anything at all half the time, and if I did say something, it was the most generic sounding thing ever that I fit the NPC meme that was going around a couple months or so back. I had no personality and no opinions because I was always afraid of being wrong and upsetting someone and having people be mad at me and not like me. That was nearly my entire experience of life since I was in middle school all the way through about two or three years ago.

Because of me being me and my diagnoses, I'm often repetitive and have very niche interests and can get annoying to the average joe rather quick. Sometimes I can't read the room or I can't relate or I am blunt and blurt out something that could have been worded better or maybe shouldn't have been said. I've spent my ENTIRE CHILDHOOD trying to bend to societies ever-chaning will and rules and stipulations to the point where as an adult, I had no idea what I even felt about anything. I had no personality. Even now, I still question who I am and what I want to do in life because I never focused on myself but how others saw me.

So excuse me if I finally came to the conclusion that I don't give a **** about what society thinks about me anymore and that I'll decide who I am and how I feel about things. It doesn't make me rude to people: I'm not some prick that just walks up to random people and insults them. I was raised better than that. It just means I no longer care how the average person who will have nothing to do with my life thinks about me. I no longer have to spend every waking moment worried that I might do the wrong thing or so the wrong word and be punished by being yelled out or outcast or having no friends. I'm sorry if I went through what my whole country is going through right now well before it started happening and I'm so over it already.

If I say something you don't like, instead of immediately apologizing and taking the blame, I now evaluate the situation to see if what I did was really bad or if it was just how that person felt about it. Then, I decide whether or not the circumstance matters to me. Based on that, I will either apologize for being in the wrong, or apologize that they took offense to something and let them know I meant nothing by it. If that isn't good enough, then that is officially on you.

If anyone actually reads all of this, imagine this version of me seeing so many people I care about have problems they don't even recognize, and being afraid to say anything about it, then watching them tear themselves apart. Imagine being so emotional about things and not being able to express because of not only how you were born, but also because whenever you did express yourself it was wrong. Imagine growing up in a society that doesn't even know why you are different because science and study hasn't figured it out so you get treated like EVERY OTHER mental issue did back in the day: you were strange and weird and people hated on you for it until your problem had a label, but by then the damage had already been done and you are already an adult so you have to deal with your bull**** and move on. Now imagine finally breaking free of all that garbage and finally feeling like a human being who can say things and have opinions and be okay with people not agreeing with them only to turn around and see that the culture around you has changed from your environment being just for you to a full-blown country-wide national issue that has people trying to tell everyone what they can and can't say or do.

This is why I'm passionate about this stuff. I don't want other people to feel trapped within themselves and unable to be a person. At the same time, because of my issues expressing myself AND being an adult male where generally expressing how you feel doesn't solve anything, I instead play video games to just deal with how I feel that way, and NOW it's leaking into that medium as well!

I'm going to go stream now. Let me know when we are back to the Geno Thread and not the Modern Politics Thread.

Last edited:

Elmorethemagician

Smash Journeyman
[spoiler=European Starling info said:
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/European_Starling/id[/spoiler]

As all who've played SMRPG might remember, Dodo is a rather "big-boi" kinda bird, black-feathered, and has a long bill (which he uses to peck at Valentina's statues). Also, the breeding adult phase doesn't only match some of Dodo's physical characteristics, but the very phase could allude to Dodo's role in Nimbus Land, as he is impersonating Mallow (prince of Nimbus), as instructed by Valentina so she could "marry" him and thus both becoming King and Queen of said land.
I remember Dodo he was one of my favorite characters

WeirdAlFan101

Smash Journeyman
Wait, someone said a few pages back that when the whole fighters pass is complete, they think the last empty slot in the stage selection will be for the custom stages? But isn't there already a custom stage tab at the top, right next to the normal stage tab?

That's what I remember seeing anyway, then again it's been about 4 or 5 months since I played Smash Ultimate (I don't own my own copy, or Switch for that matter, so I really can only play it in the game room at my college).

Point being, If anything, that should make it seem like another stage coming along look more like a possibility, even if not a fully confirmed one

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion

What a surprise lol. Idk man maybe you’ll get it when you’re older but saying deliberately offensive things doesn’t get you too far in life and winds up biting you in the *** eventually. Or maybe you won’t and will remain without empathy and self-awareness in the way you interact with other people. Hopefully the first one!
What deliberately offensive thing did I say to you, you dense person? All I did was use the term "mentally impared". It wasn't directed at anyone as an insult, least of all you, and yet for some reason you felt the instinctual need to start throwing a ****fit over it. Hmm, really percolates those pecans...
Wait, someone said a few pages back that when the whole fighters pass is complete, they think the last empty slot in the stage selection will be for the custom stages? But isn't there already a custom stage tab at the top, right next to the normal stage tab?

That's what I remember seeing anyway, then again it's been about 4 or 5 months since I played Smash Ultimate (I don't own my own copy, so I really can only play it in the game room at my college)
No, it's for the Training Stage when you go to the stage select screen via Training Mode. A lot of people have made that mistake.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
The sources' credibility deepens. He not only leaked some of the Pokemon in today's presentation to us but he also correctly leaked the Three Thrones characters coming to Fire Emblem Heroes. I keep telling you all, this guy is batting a 1.000 and he's been correctly leaking things to Sabi and the rest of us for about a year now. It's insane how good this guy's intel is and salt about it from naysayers and rival leakers is hilarious.
To be fair. Everyone and their mother that follows Fire Emblem and Heroes saw the Three Houses characters join so soon.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
No, it's for the Training Stage when you go to the stage select screen via Training Mode. A lot of people have made that mistake.
Actually, it's for both. In Training Mode, the Training Stage takes up what would be the last spot, and in the Random Stage Select in the rules menu, custom stages take up that spot.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
>Stops talking about it because it's not related to the thread and it's controversial
>Other people fail to read this and basically force more responses.

I won't say any more after this no matter what, but I will say this: neither of you get it at all. I never say anything to offend anyone and I'm a really nice guy unless you do something to me personally. I wish no one any ill-will, and I've had horrible things happen in me in my past, and I try my best not to judge people by their cover despite people wanting to be known by their labels nowadays. I don't care who you are or where you come from, I'll be nervous as hell around you until I feel accepted and can then relax regardless of your size, gender, age, skin pigment, sexual preference, favorite band, hair color, car model or zip code.

I would never just say something to make them feel bad, and I used to always fret about saying the wrong thing. This comes from having Asperger's and having to be raised on what is acceptable in society and what isn't in a way that most kids grab just by existing. I used to be terrified of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time so much that I never said anything at all half the time, and if I did say something, it was the most generic sounding thing ever that I fit the NPC meme that was going around a couple months or so back. I had no personality and no opinions because I was always afraid of being wrong and upsetting someone and having people be mad at me and not like me. That was nearly my entire experience of life since I was in middle school all the way through about two or three years ago.

Because of me being me and my diagnoses, I'm often repetitive and have very niche interests and can get annoying to the average joe rather quick. Sometimes I can't read the room or I can't relate or I am blunt and blurt out something that could have been worded better or maybe shouldn't have been said. I've spent my ENTIRE CHILDHOOD trying to bend to societies ever-chaning will and rules and stipulations to the point where as an adult, I had no idea what I even felt about anything. I had no personality. Even now, I still question who I am and what I want to do in life because I never focused on myself but how others saw me.

So excuse me if I finally came to the conclusion that I don't give a **** about what society thinks about me anymore and that I'll decide who I am and how I feel about things. It doesn't make me rude to people: I'm not some prick that just walks up to random people and insults them. I was raised better than that. It just means I no longer care how the average person who will have nothing to do with my life thinks about me. I no longer have to spend every waking moment worried that I might do the wrong thing or so the wrong word and be punished by being yelled out or outcast or having no friends. I'm sorry if I went through what my whole country is going through right now well before it started happening and I'm so over it already.

If I say something you don't like, instead of immediately apologizing and taking the blame, I now evaluate the situation to see if what I did was really bad or if it was just how that person felt about it. Then, I decide whether or not the circumstance matters to me. Based on that, I will either apologize for being in the wrong, or apologize that they took offense to something and let them know I meant nothing by it. If that isn't good enough, then that is officially on you.

If anyone actually reads all of this, imagine this version of me seeing so many people I care about have problems they don't even recognize, and being afraid to say anything about it, then watching them tear themselves apart. Imagine being so emotional about things and not being able to express because of not only how you were born, but also because whenever you did express yourself it was wrong. Imagine growing up in a society that doesn't even know why you are different because science and study hasn't figured it out so you get treated like EVERY OTHER mental issue did back in the day: you were strange and weird and people hated on you for it until your problem had a label, but by then the damage had already been done and you are already an adult so you have to deal with your bull**** and move on. Now imagine finally breaking free of all that garbage and finally feeling like a human being who can say things and have opinions and be okay with people not agreeing with them only to turn around and see that the culture around you has changed from your environment being just for you to a full-blown country-wide national issue that has people trying to tell everyone what they can and can't say or do.

This is why I'm passionate about this stuff. I don't want other people to feel trapped within themselves and unable to be a person. At the same time, because of my issues expressing myself AND being an adult male where generally expressing how you feel doesn't solve anything, I instead play video games to just deal with how I feel that way, and NOW it's leaking into that medium as well!

I'm going to go stream now. Let me know when we are back to the Geno Thread and not the Modern Politics Thread.
Sorry, but for how many times I've had to sit through the thread going on random tangents not at all related to Geno or Smash or video games I don't feel at all bad about making a point here. Because this is something that is personal to me and tbh does have something to do with the thread because it has to do with the way people communicate and how that affects others. I know that you have an ASD, and I can understand how that can make social issues/dynamics like the topic at hand challenging. That said there are a lot other people who don't have an ASD who have an easier time with being empathetic and just straight up not use offensive language and purposely choose to do it anyway.

I don't have a problem with dark humor or even inappropriate jokes. I make them all the time. But there is a clear line between that and slurs/dehumanizing language. And just willingly disregarding how those things affect people is just a generally not kind or empathetic thing to do and really unnecessary. Blatantly disregarding people's feelings is just not a cool thing to do in general. And my initial point that started all of this is that specific user could have made the exact same points without sinking to that level. That's it. I'm fine with dropping the conversation but you wrote out a long and very personal response so I only saw it fair to respond back.

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
As someone who understands both sides, I'm dying for the topic to be dropped. All of you quit it. I come here to chill and talk about Geno, Smash, and casual things, not politics ahoy.

That being said, guess what day it is tomorrow?! :ultkrool: That's right! One year anniversary since King K. Rool's reveal BAAAAYBEEEEE! I'm pumped! I'm so happy he's back!

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Your Long Post for the sake of the thread
To be clear, I'm not calling you a prick or a bigot. I don't know enough about you to have any chance of making that evaluation in any way. I am saying that I find the, "That's gay" or anyone else who uses stuff like "mentally impaired" in a traditionally negative way to be an issue and I'm trying to take the opportunity to demonstrate why this sort of language can be a problem.

You just mentioned hating feeling alienated and isolated from your experiences. Phrases and language have the same ability to alienate, isolate, and ostracize other people. You're allowed to say anything you want to, but you're also going to face the consequences of some of those things. We as a society recognize that we want to treat people with decency and be inclusive as human beings working for a better society. Yes, from the sound of things you've had some trouble with a lot of stuff and particularly it's been a challenge to find your voice. I can respect that and I think it's a part of growing up to find that voice in the face of traditional society. But then there's the other part of growing up which is developing emotional empathy and maturity to recognize how your actions impact others and I don't know you well enough to assess that or your character. I'm really not coming after you in any super specific way, just some of the language that has been used.

I would usually just move on, but we've had multiple individuals use just unnecessary and potentially hurtful phrases recently and it's a much better idea to have these discussions than to just move on/report. This doesn't have to be a political thing (and honestly it's really not even though it's been corrupted as such), it's just human experience and genuine empathy that we can talk about here and hopefully all end up better off for it. Language has power, and on a place like the internet where it's impossible to actually physically see and hear context and tone and is often coming from individuals that you personally don't know or know little about, even more so and it's important to acknowledge that. I'll leave it at that because I know how much of an issue this is for some people, but I'm just asking that we please consider how we use language when posting around here.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
EricTheGamerman EricTheGamerman No. I will always refer to it as Three Horses.

ChoccyStar ChoccyStar It honestly doesn't have to. I'm just happy that I'm friends with some of the most reliable Nintedo insiders on the internet. Trust me, one thing that I've learned from sitting at the proverbial table with these guys is that there is A LOT of ****ty insiders who do equally ****ty things to get their information and I'm just happy that I'm surrounded by such genuinely good people in that group.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
As someone who understands both sides, I'm dying for the topic to be dropped. All of you quit it. I come here to chill and talk about Geno, Smash, and casual things, not politics ahoy.

That being said, guess what day it is tomorrow?! :ultkrool: That's right! One year anniversary since King K. Rool's reveal BAAAAYBEEEEE! I'm pumped! I'm so happy he's back!
****, you're right! Maybe we should make a video to celebrate. Any ideas?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
What deliberately offensive thing did I say to you, you dense person? All I did was use the term "mentally impared". It wasn't directed at anyone as an insult, least of all you, and yet for some reason you felt the instinctual need to start throwing a ****fit over it. Hmm, really percolates those pecans...

Word of advice, m8: Using blatant insults towards other people here isn't a good idea. And yeah using it in that negative way actually was pretty offensive. Why is it personal to me? Because I have a brother with a developmental disability and have worked and volunteered with people with developmental disabilities for the past 10 years and know for a fact that kind of thing is seen as pretty offensive. If you really want to percolate some pecans you can go back to my original response to you and ponder why is it my response advising you not to do it got the type of reactions it did. Maybe it is actually seen as a kind of messed up thing to do :)

As I've said earlier I'm fine with dropping this, but really common human decency and respect for others isn't "politics".

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This reminds me, Shenaniganza posted this Kremling Krew fan art recently.

EBFb-WIX4AcQhcP.png

Also, I don't care if it's impossible, but I want to see Kalypso get a major role, someday.

ChoccyStar ChoccyStar It honestly doesn't have to. I'm just happy that I'm friends with some of the most reliable Nintedo insiders on the internet. Trust me, one thing that I've learned from sitting at the proverbial table with these guys is that there is A LOT of ****ty insiders who do equally ****ty things to get their information and I'm just happy that I'm surrounded by such genuinely good people in that group.
So, what's your take on the Juliet Starling rumor? The insider isn't that interested by third-party IPs, correct?

MattX20

Smash Hero
50,000 posts today? It seems like we're constantly making milestones these past couple of weeks.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I started Fire Emblem: Triple homes myself yesterday. Only did the prologue and got through some cutscenes though.

Went with Edelgard like 90% of other FE players probably did. I did it though because I thought I remember seeing something about there being some more reason or incentive to choose Edelgard involving another path or something like that. Maybe it was inaccurate or complete BS though.

Last edited:

zippyskipy

Smash Cadet
All I'll say is I think there's value in having other people be comfortable with your presence. And that's it. Welcome back to ****post mode!

Do you think Geno's more of a Pine-Sol or Orange Glo type of guy?

I think you mean the anniversary of the day that fat alligator ******* broke something in me and flipped me right back into loving Geno mode after 8-ish years of indifference! Curse him! :drflip:

Firox

Smash Master
This talk about dark humour reminded me of something that happened during February.

So, I was at the funeral of my great aunt, some days after she died.

Up until some minutes after the church finished it, things were being ok so far... Until the person who took care of me when I was born came to talk to me.

I made the mistake of telling her about my problems I had back then, making a focus on my relationship with my father and aunt. Why a mistake? Because at some point I said "It honestly feels as if I was getting hit by two sides" to which she replied "You surely want to be hit harder", in a sexual context.

After that things went to chaos due to the awful mood that answer gave me based on who said it.

Tl;dr if you make dark humour, do it at the right time.
Wow, that was kind of awkward on the part of your care-giver. To help me understand the context, are you a guy or a gal?

Klimax

Smash Ace

What a surprise lol. Idk man maybe you’ll get it when you’re older but saying deliberately offensive things doesn’t get you too far in life and winds up biting you in the *** eventually. Or maybe you won’t and will remain without empathy and self-awareness in the way you interact with other people. Hopefully the first one!
He's not edgy by saying that. There's no such thing as "offensive words", words are just words, they don't hurt. If you can't handle words, work on yourself. Try to fix what's wrong with you instead of asking the others to adapt because most of the time, they will not.

Firox

Smash Master
Eesh. Yeah, I can't really see an appropriate situation for that "joke" no matter which way you slice it. I think the most key factors of humor are the timing and delivery. This didn't seem to have either.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Oh shoot, I dunno, videos are faaaar from my strong suit. Definitely gonna be doodling by main man, though!!
Maybe we can collect all our reactions to the initial reveal into one big video? I'd be perfectly willing to compile them into one video for you guys.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This reminds me, Shenaniganza posted this Kremling Krew fan art recently.

Also, I don't care if it's impossible, but I want to see Kalypso get a major role, someday.

So, what's your take on the Juliet Starling rumor? The insider isn't that interested by third-party IPs, correct?
I honestly feel like Grasshopper answered this themselves back in December. When asked about Smash, they were enthusiastic about it. They said it was a dream for Travis to eventually fight Bayonetta but... they didn't think he deserved it yet. They noted his long hiatus from gaming and they were hoping that No More Heroes 3 would wind up being a game that would make Travis worthy to consider for the next Smash. As for Juliet Starling... Lollipop Chainsaw never came out on a Nintendo platform... Plus... it came out even before Smash 4... I'd even be hard pressed to call it a cult classic. It just kind of exists and has literally no reason to even appear in Smash.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
He's not edgy by saying that. There's no such thing as "offensive words", words are just words, they don't hurt. If you can't handle words, work on yourself. Try to fix what's wrong with you instead of asking the others to adapt because most of the time, they will not.
Or everybody can work on their empathy so that we can all get along, we can rely on our judgment and deal with situations based on context, and neither side is unfairly burdened with the onus of the emotional pain brought on by bad-faith behavior or misunderstandings.

QQS

Smash Lord
Post 50.000 ⭐ Let’s get this show on the road!

Geno for Smash.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Unrelated question, but what do you guys like on your pizzas? Me, pepperoni, cheese, hamburger, and Canadian bacon are stuff I like on mine

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
You've done such an amazing job on both pieces - I'd love to know how people manage to create such quality-looking artwork, I approve. :starman:
Thank you! It all comes through practice and experimentation.

I've been meaning to try Fire Emblem: Three Caballeros.

Unrelated question, but what do you guys like on your pizzas? Me, pepperoni, cheese, hamburger, and Canadian bacon are stuff I like on mine
Absolutely any kind of meat.. Sometimes all of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom