• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis Videos (Spoiler free!) UPDATED with GFs!!

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Alright, so I, among MANY other fans, (fanboys, whatever you want to call them) will not be able to attend Genesis due to lack of money. However, Genesis is going to be like the Super Bowl for me so I really want to be able to watch the videos later even though I can't go. Now I don't know about you, but I don't like knowing the score of the Super Bowl before I watch it.

So here is a proposal. If someone who is going to Genesis (so you'll already know the outcome) makes a thread and posts all the videos he/she can find on youtube/the internets WITHOUT labels of the matches, then myself and others can enjoy watching the brackets in order and not know ahead of time who will be in Winner's Finals or Grand Finals or who won the tournament.

So yeah, since this is in Melee, I only care about the Melee vids. If someone wants to make one of these for Brawl, go ahead and do it, but not in here.

SO yeah, the point of this thread is to find a THOUGHTFUL volunteer =] who will be willing to search youtube for a couple weeks after Genesis compiling links IN ORDER from nubs/scrubs in pools to early in the brackets to Grand Finals.

Just do the same layout that people do; with 3 links (last one can be fake if the person was beat in 2). 5 links for Winners, Losers, and Grand.

But remember not to label them with who is playing so that we won't already know who will progress to the end =]

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!

--Singles Friendlies/MM--
HomeMadeWaffles vs Kage
Armada vs Lambchops
Lambchops vs Lunin
Lambchops vs SilentSpectre
Connor vs Kage
Lambchops vs Pink Shinobi #1 #2
Mango vs Cactuar
HomeMadeWaffles vs Lambchops #1 #2
Lambchops vs Ray Chun #1 #2
Shroomed vs Lambchops #1 #2
Zhu vs Lambchops #1 #2 #3
Lovage vs Linguini
Iori vs Linguini
Tiny Part of Scar vs Darkrain
Hax vs MacD #1 #2 #3
Darkrain vs Cactuar
Darkrain vs Hungrybox
Zhu vs Colbol
Mango vs Lambchops
#1 #2 #3
Mango vs Lucky

--Singles Pools--
Armada vs What is Fear #1 #2 #3

--Singles Winner's Bracket--
1st Round
#1 #2 #3
#1+#2 #3
#1 #2+#3
#1 #2 #3
2nd Round
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2+#3
3rd Round
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
4th Round
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
5th Round
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
Winners SemiFinals
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (read the description for info on the Best Of for this this set)
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Winners Finals
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5

--Singles Loser's Bracket--
1st Round
2nd Round
3rd Round
4th Round
5th Round
6th Round (17th Place)
#1 #2 #3
7th Round
8th Round
#1 #2 #3
9th Round
#1 #2 #3
10th Round
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
Loser's SemiFinals
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Loser's Finals

GRAND FINALS

--Doubles Friendlies/MM--
#1 #2

--Doubles Pools--
Colbol/Lambchops vs Choknater/Replicate
Zhu/MacD vs Darkrain/Cactuar

--Doubles Winner's Bracket--
Round 1
Round 2
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2+#3
#1 #2 #3
Round 3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
Round 4
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2 #3
#1+#2 #3
Winner's SemiFinals
Winner's Finals
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5

--Doubles Loser's Bracket--
1st Round
2nd Round
3rd Round
4th Round (Loser gets 17th Place)
#1 #2 #3
#1 #2+#3
5th Round
#1+#2 #3
6th Round
7th Round
8th Round (Loser gets 5th Place)
#1 #2 #3
Loser's SemiFinals
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Loser's Finals
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5

--Double's Grand Finals--
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5
#1 #2 #3 #4 #5

THANKS A LOT TO RANNSKITA FOR DOING THIS!!

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
wouldn't having a list of people who are gonna upload on youtube and suscribing to them work just the same?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
i have a really good solution that requires no "helpful volunteer"

search for genisis on youtube once they are up, and find who is uploading. go to his videos and you now have a list of genisis videos. i suggest you also subscribe, because more vids will probably be coming for a few weeks after the tourney.

Oracle

Smash Master
Actually what I think DBR should do is make an entirely new youtube account soley for genesis (one melee and one brawl). They could upload each bracket in a playlist in order in addition to having the bracket picture. That way, just leaving the videos on would let you see everything

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
Actually what I think DBR should do is make an entirely new youtube account soley for genesis (one melee and one brawl). They could upload each bracket in a playlist in order in addition to having the bracket picture. That way, just leaving the videos on would let you see everything
But not just DBR people are going to be uploading genesis videos, right.

Oracle

Smash Master
Since it's a DBR tourney, presumably DBR will be supplying the capture equipment for the important matches
The other people who do should just email their stuff to whoever is making the account

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Since it's a DBR tourney, presumably DBR will be supplying the capture equipment for the important matches
The other people who do should just email their stuff to whoever is making the account
heh i like that idea

search for genisis on youtube once they are up, and find who is uploading. go to his videos and you now have a list of genisis videos. i suggest you also subscribe, because more vids will probably be coming for a few weeks after the tourney.
Do you still not understand the concept?

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.

always people with smart *** answers who think they're so funny when their reading comprehension skills is clearly under 50%... LAME.

great idea , but as far as not labeling matches you mean int he thread right? if i open loser finals and its mango and m2k on the top of the youtube page that a lot better than not knowing whos playing.? :dizzy:

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
The youtube account idea is pretty good. if it's in a playlist for us, we won't know what happens till we get further in the videos. Too good?

But yeah, ka master is soooo good. i had the most fun with smash in almost a year when pc chris came down.
well ammon, imma beat you next time >=D

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
The youtube account idea is pretty good. if it's in a playlist for us, we won't know what happens till we get further in the videos. Too good?

But yeah, ka master is soooo good. i had the most fun with smash in almost a year when pc chris came down.
well ammon, imma beat you next time >=D
bump.

Yeah, when PC came down, I should have challenged him just to get a feel of the ****. I think that was when I decided I was going to get good with Falcon and kind of made him my main. I saw him doing 1 minute 4 stocks on people with Falcon and I fell in love hahaha.

I wonder if I should ask a mod to move this to the regular melee discussion so more people see it?

LLDL

Smash Hero
I don't know about you, but 'm looking the results straight up, and then viewing the matches i care about. I mean, what if ALL the matches SUCK until half the bracket?

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
I don't know about you, but 'm looking the results straight up, and then viewing the matches i care about. I mean, what if ALL the matches SUCK until half the bracket?
then you'll get to hear HMW/Phil/Scar(?)/Wife(?)/DJ Nintendo make up for it in commentary

Anth0ny

Smash Master
There should definitely be a separate Youtube account for Genesis. And I like the whole "no spoilers" idea, like HMW does with his vids.

However, I don't think I have it in me not to look at the Genesis twitter updates ._.

skyheart

Smash Lord
man i can't wait! that'd be awesome
to view the matches, like the whole thing should be torrented looooooooooooooool

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
hm...well.

I personally will NOT check the results when Genesis is done/going on.

If people wish to be kind and post vids in here, I'll check THIS THREAD ONLY on smashboards for like the next 2 weeks or so.

If a thread actually does get made, like I was talking about, if someone could link that in here, that'd be awesome.

Thanks in advance if anyone wants to be awesome and post some vids in here :D

Also, don't be a bag of douche and post the results of Genesis in here. >:[

strawhats

Smash Master
Streaming is not that bad. I mean there was that time when the stream looked so beautiful and clear (RoM)

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
sidefx said there'd be no streaming, nor internet @ Genesis
so maybe this is working out in our favor haha

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
so lemme get this straight, correct me if im wrong cos im pretty confused about this thread. hopefully a thread will be created by someone who doesnt mind doing this, and itll look a bit like this

--Friendlies--
[A list of friendly sets, these can be named as they have no baring on the tournament]

--Pools--
[Any interesting pools matches, these can also be named as its the first round and doesnt reveal anything about who progressed.]

--Winners Bracket--
[All winners bracket matches here, unnamed (ie

#1 Link
Link
Link/Dummy Link

#2 Link
Link
Link/Dummy Link

etc) all the way until winners finals. You find out whose playing by going to the link where obviously you'll see. These are linked in chronological order so that you dont see winners finals before you see first round of winners bracket].

--Losers Bracket--

[Same as winners bracket, unnamed list of all the uploaded sets (in order) and dummy links where necessary]

--Grand Finals--

[Posted as unamed, with two sets regardless of if it was won in only one set, ie

Set #1
Link
Link
Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link

Set #2
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link
Link/Dummy Link]

is that all basically what we're aiming for? i guess the same can be done for teams.

Top Bottom