• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

r3d d09

Smash Master
Compared to the numerous times all the other posters here (myself included) have posted illegitimate banter, Mr. Game and Watch posts once out of topic and he's threatened to be reported?

Double standards in this thread?
I'm just becoming less tolerant of new player trolls. it's fine if you do it, because you've been part of the boards for a long time. It's like a group of friends calling eachother names, then a person walks by and calls you the same name that your friends just called you. . . You get upset over it. Capeche?

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'm just becoming less tolerant of new player trolls. it's fine if you do it, because you've been part of the boards for a long time. It's like a group of friends calling eachother names, then a person walks by and calls you the same name that your friends just called you. . . You get upset over it. Capeche?
You don't even play this game anymore -_-

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
i was serious, first of all, and second i awnsered marlx's question. i saw him ask the same question about wario to the warios. i told him to use the wiki. yes i actaully wanna know who would win in a fight, i said MU as kinda a brawl joke, but thats the only joke i made.

Roller

Smash Legend
I've only had 1 person pick Falco vs me in tourney ever. But I went pika that match.. After I 3 stocked them, they switched.

If people actually use Falco vs you in tourney you are a lucky man. (Unless it's that one guy.)

r3d d09

Smash Master
one time, someone went falco against me, i just pivot grabbed his phantazmmmmm and he started laser camping. did it so hard, he fell off the stage and couldn't recover.... then he just killed himself last stock... He learned his lesson :3

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Yoshi pwns me. a yoshi i know whos good, but was 2 stocked by polt. we live in the same area as poltergust yep. i fight the guy weekly but havent with IC yet but i know hes still better than me

r3d d09

Smash Master
I played ZZ, out of 5 times in tourney matchups. I've beat him 4 out of 5.

If they both know what they're doing, i'd say it's a 55-45 in IC's favor, but i have not played any other yoshi players, so my opinion is nothing.

You guys need your eggs and keep the climbers desynced. don't be flashy, or you'll get grabbed.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Get Yoshi to edge.
Shield 5 eggs.
Wait for him to try and do something and either uair or pivot grab.
????
Profit.

Blissard

Smash Lord
I remember when I posted in the IC social a few months back, and everyone was like "**** off. We don't like newcomers."

But, answering my own question, I set up/sides on the dpad to smash, I set down to grab, so while grabbing someone you quickly press up then down, and hold down to charge. Z corresponded to shield on WiiChuck instead of grab, so I got confuzzled.

Roller

Smash Legend
What are your points of view on the Yoshi Matchup?
I believe Yoshi to be the best character in the game. He ***** everyone at a level other chars can only dream of. Metaknight would almost be as good as Yoshi if he had walkoff cgs. Alas he doesn't. And Yoshi also has projectiles. If someone goes yoshi vs you... Unplug your controller and walk away. It's simpler that way.

xxshermyxx

Smash Rookie
What Are Good Ways To Approach With IC's?
How Do You ''Buffer'' Up-Airs?
What Are Some Good Desync Combos?
probably the best way to approach is by getting them desynced, and puting up a nice blizzard wall and slowly making ur way toward ur oppenent..thats my safe and effective strategy that most ICs know and use if they ever approach, but usually i dont have to approach and i just dont like approaching unless i absolutly have to.

another way of approaching is more of predicting ur oppenents action. again desynce them and have nana throw an iceblock, when she throws it u dart off right behind it or even slightly in front, if they shield u get a grab, if they jump u might get Uair or blizzard if u wanna stay safe while nana catches up to u. really its just getting out there and seeing what tricks u wanna pull off today and it might just work.

good desync combos? again i could name a few dozen combos off the top of my head but here's one i find pretty effective, a synced forward B with nana launches ur oppenent with the last hit. also if u hold down a command right before u finish she'll do it and u wont so here is some thing i configured that works at realivly low percents on larger to medium characters. at the end of the forward B synced with nana have her jump and do a Nair, while she is doing that u can jump and give them a blizzard to the face. then nana could may be do a follow up move after or grab them if they dont get away in time.....again ive tried this out a few times and it worked so u might have different results. if u start berraging and doing jenky stuff you'll find what moves have this amount of lag and this and that and bla bla bla bla..............be creative link what u want to be linked and it just might work for u :reverse: *idk how to "buffer" uairs

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
To buffer an uair, you need to hold slightly up on the control stick, jump and during the four frames of jump squat, buffer an attack input.

Hold slightly up (too much and you'll just jump cancel usmash) > jump > within 4 frames hit attack > buffered Uair.

My favorite Desync Combos are all out of the grab desync:

Grab Desync > Dthrow > Grab > Dthrow > Grab >Dthrow > Grab > Dthrow > Grab

You could mix it up with

Grab Desync > Dthrow > Grab > Dthrow > Grab > Bthrow > Grab > Dthrow > Grab

There's also:

Grab Desync > Dthrow > Grab > Dthrow > Grab > Bthrow > Short Hop Footstool > Double IB > Nana Charge Usmash > repeat

Off of the top of my head, those are the only guaranteed desync combos.

My favorite approach while desynced is IB chaser > DSC. It is followed in close second by Blizzard chaser > DSC. After the DSC, you make a read similar to what Shermy said above.

probably the best way to approach is by getting them desynced, and puting up a nice blizzard wall and slowly making ur way toward ur oppenent..thats my safe and effective strategy that most ICs know and use if they ever approach, but usually i dont have to approach and i just dont like approaching unless i absolutly have to.
The only matchups that I use blizzard wall in are the MK matchup and the Olimar matchup. Outside of that, it's pretty terrible as an approach option. Actually, it's a terrible approach option in the MK matchup, but a good zoning tool. It's a decent to poor approach option in the Olimar matchup, but a GREAT zoning tool in that one.

Smoom77

Smash Master
What character are you doing it on?

If olimar (lightweight): you basically press back and grab at the same time, but grab a little after back.

Heavies: it's a lot different. You have to wait a lot longer to press grab.

Not much more we can do for you. Just practice.

Roller

Smash Legend
For the CG

How do I turn nana to grab after popo's back throw? I'm having the hardest time with this
You hold back when you are inputting the bthrow.. She turns due to the bthrow input. If it's on a lightweight you just hit grab at basically the same time you hit the bthrow input.

Denti

Smash Master
Thanks smoom and roller! I'm thinking about having a pocket ICs, not for any particular MU. I'm trying to get a free win by counterpicking people to FD with ICs, and when people start banning FD on me I'll be able to take them to the strongest Olimar counterpick. I just need to get better at the CG and dsyncing to blizzard and what not.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Ics on FD isn't a free win. Only on some characters.
This is a blatant lie.

If I can two stock a certain "best MK in the world" on FD and not even come remotely close on other stages, the stage is broken lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's not a free win against snake/diddy/marth imo. Everyone else struggles to not get grabbed there.

Marth I think is good on FD vs ic's because he's all horizontal zoning anyways, platforms just let you uair him easier.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
It's not a free win against snake/diddy/marth imo. Everyone else struggles to not get grabbed there.

Marth I think is good on FD vs ic's because he's all horizontal zoning anyways, platforms just let you uair him easier.
I can sort of agree with Snake and Diddy there, but Marth? Landing traps mannnnnn.

Top Bottom