• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
nah tech chase I love vsing TLs, I usually smash them, I was mainly posting that as a bit of irony. :p

Blissard

Smash Lord
If your opponent doesn't tech the dthrow>fair spike when possible, what's the best follow up? I usually just spam desynced Ice Blocks, but is there a better option?

r3d d09

Smash Master
People think the fair spike is a lock, it isn't they can Sdi out of it.

for trolling, i'd fair spike, IB, see where they are going. if it's infront of me and to where they don't get hit by the block to make them get stunned. I desync and have nana block and i follow it, let it him them, then grab.

if they SDI behind you, run past them, and pivot grab. They usually think you're just going to turn and grab. the pivot grab 1. makes it so you're less likely to get hit by a getting up attack, and 2. larger grab range. be smart, and you can easily win with IC's.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
If your opponent doesn't tech the dthrow>fair spike when possible, what's the best follow up? I usually just spam desynced Ice Blocks, but is there a better option?
Just don't do that in the first place, seriously. Just chaingrab their ***.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
false

If chain grabbing is banned, you need to do the next to closest thing to the banned tactic.

So you would smobble/hobble.

If that is also banned, then you would IB lock to DSG IB chaser to IB lock to repeat.

Duh.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Ice block is the name we give for Ice Shot, which is the neutral special.

Which one is the greatest chaingrab ever? Link to a video and I'll exp

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
trolling on me?
and not a certain one... i still read the wiki when i find a character lol. said they have amazing chain grabs and everyone in heres talkin about dthrow and fthrow chaingrabs.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Yes, all of the basic IC stuff can be found in that guide I just linked, which is a sticky. It's nigh impossible to miss.

As to the grabs: Practice, that's all you can do to become proficient with them.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
ahh kk. i kinda meant like the metagame and adv techniques but ima go see that thread now...oops.

edit: i now get desynching, and will work on CG's and...all the other crap that was in there
spen an hour in that thread
am i best IC yet?

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
leet. and i read ALL of it. except the defense i took in way too much last night. need to read it again today.
ALSO: the Fthrow CG, im having toruble with it. either the foe breaks out and goes into the air or i make nana walk but popo throws. i can only get in like 4 grabs before my CG is done.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
You want to be walking during your CGs, that's a good thing. Try to be gentle yet firm with the control stick, it is possible to CG fast while still having them walk-grab. There are rare instances where you want to dash, you will realize these on your own in time, but for now just focus on walk-grabbing your throws.

Other than that there isn't much to say, just practice practice practice until you get the feel for it.

Sieguest

Smash Master
If the foe breaks out, then you're CGing WAY too slow. Nana should be walking when Popo begins the throw. For most characters spacings Nana should continue walking forward until it's time to regrab. (The only ones odd in this respect are the Earthbound characters) Whenever you're CGing, pay attention to the spacing relationship between Nana and Popo whenever you are successful in getting the regrab so you can give yourself an image of about when to regrab.

Although the IC sound cue project is still in progress, the rhythm for fthrow->fthrow is done. So get your hands on it whenever you get a chance.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I really really want to play larry. He's like the only top player I haven't played yet lol.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Game and watch bro. Post legit stuff or I'll report :) Thanks.
Compared to the numerous times all the other posters here (myself included) have posted illegitimate banter, Mr. Game and Watch posts once out of topic and he's threatened to be reported?

Double standards in this thread?

Top Bottom