• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
N00b question incoming:
What is Kakera's desynch? Can someone explain the inputs to me so that I can (hopefully) integrate it into my playstyle?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Dash in one direction and then dash dance into the opposite direction. Follow that up with a special input. If you do it correctly, only Nana will IB leaving Popo free to do what ever. Can also be done with Blizzard.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Okay so I am not quite clear what the difference is between the Lux Desync and the Hylian desynch. I have read the guide on the Lux one but I need it explained to me in a more "simple" terminology.

It just seems like so many of these desynchs seem EXACTLY the same and I don't know if there are benefits/drawbacks to using one method over the other.

Like Kakera vs Dash Dance for example.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well for one Kakera's involves 3 inputs, while Dash dance requires 4. Lots of little differences like that.

RATED

Smash Lord
I been using Desynch out of a forward dash with crouching, is that a good tournament viable desynch? I am using that and the one with the shield. Also the ol' Dash dance desynch SOMETIMES. I am consistent with those.

DeLux

I been using Desynch out of a forward dash with crouching, is that a good tournament viable desynch? I am using that and the one with the shield. Also the ol' Dash dance desynch SOMETIMES. I am consistent with those.
Can you explain your exact input? I don't think you can desync straight out of forward dash except for a few exceptions. even video would be great =]

RATED

Smash Lord
I don't have how to save videos :( my wii partially works, I just practice since my brawl only works in training mode :S.

I think I used the wrong word. Its the thing( I am bad with smash terminology) I think they call it a forward trot( the thing before the full dash starts) then I press B or down B and quickly crouch. I mean : Forward( a kinda run) then blizzard or squall and quickly crouch or shield. The desynch happens.

---> , B + down( just after the b) and voala! it happens. Nana does the blizzard or the squall and popo shields or crouch.

I hope my try to "explain" was "good".

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Could someone please tell me what I should be doing after I am desynched? I mostly spam short hopped blizzard or Nana charge a smash while Popo does some random thing.

Also, can you tell if you are fast falling when you still have momentum? Thanks in advance because I don't want to annoy people with another post. :3

B0NK

Smash Lord
Watch Kakera to get ideas???

There is no right or wrong way to use climbers when desync, and most of the time it depends on the desync. (Like hitlag compare to shield drop desync) Get creative, test out what does or does not work in friendlies.

DeLux

I don't have how to save videos :( my wii partially works, I just practice since my brawl only works in training mode :S.

I think I used the wrong word. Its the thing( I am bad with smash terminology) I think they call it a forward trot( the thing before the full dash starts) then I press B or down B and quickly crouch. I mean : Forward( a kinda run) then blizzard or squall and quickly crouch or shield. The desynch happens.

---> , B + down( just after the b) and voala! it happens. Nana does the blizzard or the squall and popo shields or crouch.

I hope my try to "explain" was "good".
I'll look into it. What you're talking about is generally done out of Reverse Initial Dash, not forward. But I'll see if I can do any verification.

r3d d09

Smash Master
there has been a ton of different desyncs. I have one that i figured out. and when i played a lot. it's about as fast as hylians desync, probably is the same method, but a slight variation. either way. desyncs come and go. hard to find one that's easy to do as well as viable.

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
Cool story bro.

*Wait, you gotta be trolling me
HA
This site and it's high horse moderators (Hylian, you're cool)
But really? How silly. My first post in forever and someone gets all butt hurt?
Someone who isn't me would recommend some Midol or perhaps, Pamprin.

DeLux

there has been a ton of different desyncs. I have one that i figured out. and when i played a lot. it's about as fast as hylians desync, probably is the same method, but a slight variation. either way. desyncs come and go. hard to find one that's easy to do as well as viable.
Please tell me the variation of the Hylian you refer to. Inputs or video would be nice. It might be worth adding to the set that I run.

I disagree with the notion that there's a desync that isn't easy to execute and viable. I'm sure Albert "I Don't Desync for ****" Ch33Se vVv. can attest to how easy CERTAIN desyncs I've found are to perform every time that are very effective, if that's any evidence.

I am pressing forward. I am sure of it.
As I said, I'll look into it. It might have something to do with crouch mechanics or shield drop mechanics in terms of desyncing.

However, forgive me for being skeptical because extensive testing leads me to believe that you have to turn the climbers around in some manner in order to desync, minus a few exceptions.

That being said, I won't rule it out until I test it.

DeLux

>< Sometimes I hate being right on tech stuff. I was getting real excited about a new weapon to use.

I used to use it all the time. If you time it right out of shield drop, you can actually also reversal and do a Reverse Initial Dash Shield Cancel Desync Special Reversal

RIDSCDSR :) HARD but GREAT setup.

RATED

Smash Lord
>< Sometimes I hate being right on tech stuff. I was getting real excited about a new weapon to use.

I used to use it all the time. If you time it right out of shield drop, you can actually also reversal and do a Reverse Initial Dash Shield Cancel Desync Special Reversal

RIDSCDSR :) HARD but GREAT setup.
I am uploading a video about what I desynch I am doing. I was starting to do so when I posted so I am uploading it now. lol there's some fail stuff after the "try" since I forgot that I was recording :S

Lux : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQxtMB56S0

edit: sorry lux, the video is bad. I am by myself :S

DeLux

It's not a big deal. I can see well enough. It might just be a standard Reverse Initial Dash Desync. Swordgard discovered that back in like 2008. It has a one frame window of execution.

However, I'm interested to see if the crouch might make it easier to execute. Look into it when I feel like turning on my wii

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
speaking of desyncs, lux, where is that summary of new **** that's been developed since we met?

I believe this is a viable question for this thread.

I wanna break Ice Climbers, and I wanna do it NOW dammit!

DeLux

Uhhhh.......

Let me think.

Shield Dropping in Desyncs where Nana is Dashing while Popo is standing allows Nana to Special.
Pick up grenades while you chain grab snake and throw them away
That huge write up on the mechanics of why turning around desyncs people and how Hylian works.
You slide a whole ton when doing shield out of dash/run. Using this with grab and Nana special setups is particularly good because of its option limiting power.
Chain Grab regrab window times are on the frame after the throw hitbox. However, spacing is also very narrow.
You can do funny stuff with items in terms of setups
Toon Link is broken because he has infinite bombs and jumps
You can do a Nana special Setup out of everything that isn't roll or spot dodge. LD1
Instant Pivot Grab is named after you now
Guest made a chart that made us feel better about Kprime grab break
ISSDI buffered grabs
If you need to walk people on ramps, use down throw going down a ramp. If you need to walk people going up, use fthrow. Spacing is SOOOOO liberal.
The Desync Shop

Man, I felt like there was more than this, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Coming soon:
LD2

:)

I STILL think we need to make a guard break and nana guard break guide. For me. I get edgeguarded and juggle for minutes and it's no fun.

I need to work on that CG guide
A video of all the desyncs

RATED

Smash Lord
^Practice more, if you can't get it done... PRACTICE EVEN MORE. I wish people had the "drive" to practice till they get the stuff done.

Advice: Don't Practice till you get it right, practice till the point that you never get it wrong.

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
What are the Iceclimbers finishing moves?

I also just noticed that Nana swings her hammer in the forward throw, now i can time the grab properly... i think, it could have just been a fluke

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
pro tips: be quick yet gentle with the control stick. if you're tapping you're doing it wrong. eventually you'll get a good enough feel for it that you can do it fast enough that it looks like you should be dashing but aren't. also, on fthrow-fthrow, nana->popo has the same timing as popo->nana, also the timing is the same on all characters. fthrow-fthrow imo is the BEST one to learn the fundamentals of chaingrabbing with.

chaingrabbing is easy.

kill with usmash or fsmash, nothing else (that includes spikes). you won't see any climber kill with anything else 99% of the time, so don't worry about those until you're super pro.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Do you guys have hurt-bubbles done for ICs yet? I have a theory that IC's head is invincible during uair. When (Lux) does uairs against me on a platform, I try to PR usmash oos... and I can visible see the pikmin desync downward towards the ICs, and rocket afterward, but they don't get hit :(

EDIT: PR = pikmin rocket

Sieguest

Smash Master

Smoom has a quite a bit of the bubbles on his PB thing, (but they're not organized into any sort of album from what I see. x.x There's Uair.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Do you guys have hurt-bubbles done for ICs yet? I have a theory that IC's head is invincible during uair. When (Lux) does uairs against me on a platform, I try to PR usmash oos... and I can visible see the pikmin desync downward towards the ICs, and rocket afterward, but they don't get hit :(

EDIT: PR = pikmin rocket
They arent, unless its their body that vulnerable, I hit 00-0 with GnW's dtilt on a platform multiple times.

DeLux

A pikmin desync will actually hit well below where Olimar is standing.
I learned this the hard way by taking a one way ticket on the pain train.

Dnyce

Smash Master

Smoom has a quite a bit of the bubbles on his PB thing, (but they're not organized into any sort of album from what I see. x.x There's Uair.
That's a hit-bubble... not a hurt-bubble.... *facepalm*
They arent, unless its their body that vulnerable, I hit 00-0 with GnW's dtilt on a platform multiple times.
what the hell is 00-0???
Well spaced uairs don't leave the head above the platform at all.
A pikmin desync will actually hit well below where Olimar is standing.
^that

It would require reading my actual post, cheese, but like I said... I can visibly see the pikmin desync downward.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I read it, I just don't know what oli's AT nonsense does. Regardless, the ICs duck their heads when they uair. So the hurtbox is lower than where it "should" be.

DeLux

How do you space Uair when short hopping so your head doesn't go above the platform?

I thought shorthop had a predetermined height.

Top Bottom