• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Game Discussion Thread

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Either Dogy is playing Vesperia, or he's giving Estelle some much deserved respect. IYKWIS

tubes

Smash Ace
So since yesterday I've been playing this game called Demigod. I've heard it plays like Dota and was actually based off of Dota but I can't compare it to Dota as I have never played Dota in my life. Its a pretty good game though. If you like rts games or Dota I recommend looking into it if not only to make a biased comparison of it to Dota lol. I wouldn't recommend buying it yet though as atm its having some release week network issues.

Anyway so having never played Dota in my life and this game not having a tutorial for some reason, my first match against an easy cpu was pretty lol. I pretty much got spawncamped until I discovered the 3 skilltrees / shops / miscellaneus upgradable **** I had not noticed before. Then I beat his *** in about 5 minutes.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Either Dogy is playing Vesperia, or he's giving Estelle some much deserved respect. IYKWIS
Na, i played ToV when it came out. I love that game though. And Estelle is awesome.

I **** around in photoshop when I get bored, so that's what happened.

____

On a sidenote, paper mario 2 is still ballin. That is all.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sooo . . . You made that background?

Any pointers? I love ****ing around in photoshop too. And I know I'm getting better - I can now use it all via key board and only use to mouse for when I draw.

Buuuuttt, I still don't know it all. suck as, that background you made seems like something I can't really do. I just want some help, is all. :3

EDIT: I realize it's off topic, but I really would love some advice, tips, tricks. Anything if it means bettering myself.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Na, i played ToV when it came out. I love that game though. And Estelle is awesome.

I **** around in photoshop when I get bored, so that's what happened.

____

On a sidenote, paper mario 2 is still ballin. That is all.
Oh yeah, I saw that signature earlier. O_O Nice. Those colors are really nice. I need a new signature, I've had this one for way too long already. *opens Photoshop*

And Thousand Year Door was so baller. Great script and even greater characters. I'm also convinced that if Goombella and Koops were people they'd be black. Iono. Just got a feeling...

Although, I kind of regret using up an entire Sunday afternoon to go through the Pit of 100 Trials. ...Twice.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ahaha. I went half way throught that pit to get the ability to hold more items and left.

I should go back tomorrow and do that pit. I know I'm all prepared, since before I dropped it, I made sure I was ready for it.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Sooo . . . You made that background?

Any pointers? I love ****ing around in photoshop too. And I know I'm getting better - I can now use it all via key board and only use to mouse for when I draw.

Buuuuttt, I still don't know it all. suck as, that background you made seems like something I can't really do. I just want some help, is all. :3

EDIT: I realize it's off topic, but I really would love some advice, tips, tricks. Anything if it means bettering myself.
It's really not as hard as it looks. Just a gradiant for color, lens flare for some light, 2 c4ds, and ****in 'round with some effects.

I've been workin with a buncha tutorials lately, cause I've been on a kick of makin better sigs. I kinda got tired of my old ones cause I knew I wasnt really putting any work into it but people kept saying "Wow those are amazing!" Yeah come to find out i really wasnt putting any work into them. XD

I still need to go back and **** with the font on that one, I dont really like it that much.

I'll hit you up on aim sometime.

___

As for actually seeing the sig, yeah my actual sigs will start popping up in the social boards now. I think the higurashi joke is dead.

Ni-pa!~~ :(

____

Thousand Year Door. Started playing through it again cause I got bored one day and well, it's an RPG I like playing. Im up to.... Fahr Outpost right now?

And speaking of characters being black, i definately landed a black yoshi this game, and I named his *** Pimpzila. (wish I coulda fit 2 l's) Yeah n**ga. Im bout to play it right now cause I didnt play it at all yesterday.

tubes

Smash Ace
It's really not as hard as it looks. Just a gradiant for color, lens flare for some light, 2 c4ds, and ****in 'round with some effects.

I've been workin with a buncha tutorials lately, cause I've been on a kick of makin better sigs. I kinda got tired of my old ones cause I knew I wasnt really putting any work into it but people kept saying "Wow those are amazing!" Yeah come to find out i really wasnt putting any work into them. XD

I still need to go back and **** with the font on that one, I dont really like it that much.

___

As for actually seeing the sig, yeah my actual sigs will start popping up in the social boards now. I think the higurashi joke is dead.

Ni-pa!~~ :(

____

Thousand Year Door. Started playing through it again cause I got bored one day and well, it's an RPG I like playing. Im up to.... Fahr Outpost right now?

And speaking of characters being black, i definately landed a black yoshi this game, and I named his *** Pimpzila. (wish I coulda fit 2 l's) Yeah n**ga. Im bout to play it right now cause I didnt play it at all yesterday.
I had the most broken mario ever in 2kdoor. when I read the description of health when I leveled up I read "for those who lack confidence" and was all **** THAT **** and got BP and FP up the ***. Then I got as many damage + badges as I could find and it was awhile ago so I can't remember if I did this or not but I think there was one badge that upped your damage alot but made you JUMPS ONLY! So I used that and the necessary badges to not get ***** when I jump on harmful ****. It got to the point where I did so much damage and had so much FP that my health wasn't a problem because I obliterated everything.

I ****ing love that game!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I actually don't have AIM. I deleted it because it constantly goes on when I turn my computer on. I don't feel like fixing the problem, really.

You have a facebook? We could do the same on there.

Neon Ness

Ahaha. I went half way throught that pit to get the ability to hold more items and left.

I should go back tomorrow and do that pit. I know I'm all prepared, since before I dropped it, I made sure I was ready for it.
If you do plan on beating the Pit of 100 Trials, I'd recommend level grinding in Twilight Woods (that scary looking forest between Twilight Town and the chapel with all the Boos and stuff). Look for Amazee Dayzees (gold flower looking enemies) there, they give you a ridiculous amount of exp. when you beat 'em... Thing is, they also have a ridiculous amount of HP. What I normally do is have Mario use Supernova, and then have Vivian use Shade Fist. Just make sure Vivian has been upgraded twice so that her attack power is max. The burn damage from Shade Fist is normally enough to KO the Amazee Dayzee. If I remember correctly... that should KO in one shot before they get the chance to run away.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat. You oughta be level 40 in no time. Never thought I'd have to level grind in a Mario game...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hehe I might just do that as well. (I just entered the palace of shadows whooo : D)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well, I went back and changed my font some. I like it alot better now. I'll just save it and see if I can come up with a post worth using my sig on instead of posting it again, cause that's not the point of this topic.

__

But because Im going to be on topic, grinding in Paper Mario 2. Lol. I mean you can, and it's always fun to do that kinda stuff when you go back through a game, but why not just man up and superguard everything!

CHAMP MODE BABY.

__

yeah, longer and wider, good enough for the sig.

Neon Ness

Ah man, I completely forgot about superguarding. Prolly 'cause I was so bad at it.

I won't spoil anything for people who haven't beaten the game, but I will say this:

Superguard is your friend against the last boss. Like... seriously. If you don't know how to do it well, definitely learn before then.

And don't forget STYYYLISH moves!

tubes

Smash Ace
grinding is for scrubs. As long as don't run from everything like a ***** you should be strong enough to beat any obstacle in your way.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I like this topic. So im going to bump it.

Started playing SO4 today. Went through the battle simulator cause well, that whole blindside thing looked kinda odd.

___

Before this, I was playin RE5.

I'M JUST MAKING CONVO.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RE5 is good.

I been playing MM9, again. I haven't beaten it, but I guess I'll give it a shot now.

And been playing Banjo-Tooie since it got released on the XBLA. I've been needing a reason to replay it, and the achievements are just enough incentive to push me to replay it. :bee::bee::bee:

Zip.

Smash Lord
im playing Final Fantasy IV for the ds atm, just got it because i just got my DS back a week ago..games too good =p

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
No, it's good all over. Don't blind yourself with that RE4 thing.

Anyway - Game related images, then, to keep this topic afloat. Let me begin with what already can't be beat.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Hrm...what games would you guys like to see on the Virtual Console?

I would like...

-Earthbound
-Pokemon Stadium 1&2
-Sonic The Fighters(I don't care what you say, this rocked.)
-Sonic CD
-Smash 64
-Final Fantasy IV
-Final Fantasy V
-Final Fantasy VI
-Final Fantasy III
-Kirby Superstar

GAWD, NINTENDO!

nevershootme

Smash Master
Smash 64 is out in japan VC. but it'll take a long long time before it'll make it to america.

Final Fantasy 3-6 is pretty iffy for the NES and SNES incarnations, yet they're all out in GBA form (3 for ds). But typical gaming company response will be "We don't have plans for releasing such and such

Kirby superstar, although it's popular enough, but **** sakurai for ****ing up brawl. ain't supporting that ***** anymore.

VC can't support sega cd, so that's out of the question

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Lol, I was looking for this thread, but I was too **** lazy to fish/forum search it.

I've been playin Disgaea 2 endgame again for some reason. Uuuuuuuuugh.

Thinkin of RE5, I went over to my friends' house this weekend and beat it on co-op vet mode with him. Played for 9 hours straight on sat, then 2 more on sunday. Loads of lol.

__

Zio, what are you talkin about?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dogy, DO IT! Make the video I linked to watchable in here! I think you encode it or something. Go ahead and edit my post rather than re-post it, unless you wanna repost it. D:

tubes

Smash Ace
Ive been playing Fallout 3 recently. I'm building my character for unarmed and fist weapons only and so far I've gotten nothing but rewards for doing so. I don't think I've ever been this successful in free-roam games like fallout3 ever. The main quest pretty much sucks but if you do side quests and keep a mindset of someone with massive ADD and get sidetracked by every cave and tunnel you see then ****s fun as ****. I raided the lair of the Mirelurk King and found a god**** POWER FIST EFF YEAH NOW I CAN PUNCH EVEN HARDER! using this method.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
My bad zio, i've been.... well, I've been lazy as ****.

Here's some interesting news, though.

Assuming I can come up with spending money, I'm going to e3 this year.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAPE.
-waits for something tragic to happen-

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My bad zio, i've been.... well, I've been lazy as ****.

Here's some interesting news, though.

Assuming I can come up with spending money, I'm going to e3 this year.
RAAAAAAAAAAAAPE.
-waits for something tragic to happen-
Ah, uh......... When is it and how much are the tickets? I bet they're all already sold out anyway. That plus the trip will come out to alot of money. D: But I want to go so bad.

Master Raven

Smash Master
THIEF IS ****ING AWESOME

Been replaying it again. I haven't actually beaten it yet, but it's fun as ****. I'm going to do a manly run: IE - no damage to neither yourself or the enemies, no getting caught (except by inhuman enemies since that ****'s impossible to do anyway) and get every piece of loot you can snatch. Essentially a ghost run.

Top Bottom