• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Game Discussion Thread

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm replaying Wind Waker, since I want to get to play that final battle again.

I had started this replay four years ago. I stopped at that tower dungeon, and picked it up about two years after. I dropped it again when I had to search for the triforce charts, and I just recently picked it up again. Now that I got all those triforce charts, I can have Tingle translate them, find 'em, and finally get through the final dungeon.

I can't wait.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Werent you just jankin on me for playing Disgaea 2? XD

__

I'll assume you actually know about all 3 games and saaaaaaaaaaaay....
*hits the "roulette button"*
Persona 4.

♫ Now I face out! I hold out! I "Reach Out To The Truth!", of my life; seeking to seize, on the whole moment, yeah!♪

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That depends on your tastes. Now if you played Disgaea 1, you'd enjoy Disgaea 2, and I'd suggest you go for that first.

Nocturne is pretty **** difficult, but I haven't played it, so I can't give a recommendation outside of If you want to play a hard game, this would be it for you.

P4 and like a dungeon crawler with daily life activities that you could invite yourself to enjoy. Plus, you can strengthen you bonds between people you know, known as S.Links, which aid in your creating your Persona, who help in battle. You create Persona by gaining them through battle, and then you fuse them. The all have a class, or something, that relate to the S.Links, and depending on your S.Link level of that class, your Persona can be strong, or average. It's difficult to explain, but for the SMT series, this game would be best to pick up, as it's easier than the other games and has a great story to boot.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Werent you just jankin on me for playing Disgaea 2? XD

__

I'll assume you actually know about all 3 games and saaaaaaaaaaaay....
*hits the "roulette button"*
Persona 4.

♫ Now I face out! I hold out! I "Reach Out To The Truth!", of my life; seeking to seize, on the whole moment, yeah!♪
JUST CAUSE ITS A WASTE OF TIME DOES NOT MEAN I DON'T INDULGE

i'm ok with difficult gam, idk if it counts but i beat etrians 1 and 2 and the two SMTs on super nintendo roflx

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
ps if i wanted a roulette to decide what gam 2 play i wouldn' have asked you DOGY

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
i agree to this statement. and please be able to host. i haven't been able to ply with anyone :(
**** you!

Can't....resist...lolis...
*falls & hits download button*

Everyone in here shall start playing Scarlet Weather Rhapsody.
And go netplay, and give me your IP addresses.
I will be able to host soonish. But I play this game all the time.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Don't care about double post
This needs to get out

NATURAL SELECTION 2
http://www.naturalselection2.com/media
When I clicked on that, I thought, okay, another generic FPS that will bore the hell out of me. Then I clicked on the trailer, looked really good.

This might be one of the last games I get unless the video game starts showing some originality or at least some fun in their game design. If I hear someone else call a generic action/shooter (Gears of War), generic FPS (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare), or another version of a game with a moderate addition and a time and plot change (Fallout 3= Oblivion with Guns) then I just might throw out every one of my consoles. At least I get some occasional gems on my DS and Wii like Endless Ocean, Phoenix Wright, and World of Goo.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
If you've ever played Natural Selection 1... it's a truly sexy game.

16vs16 (on the largest maps), aliens vs. marines

Aliens and marines both compete to cap resource nodes. Aliens have different forms they can morph into, and messages about things under attack. Additionally they can upgrade their speed or armor etc, based on resources.

Marines have one commander. The commander can give the marines orders, can drop health and weapons for them. Builds their bases and structures, etc etc.

TRULY SEXY GAME

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@Tong - good taste in games, son. stick to that SMT series.
@Jamaal - lolis disgust me, and i will never understand the appeal of them. why like them when you can like DEVELOPED females? what a concept... <_<
@ZIO - man, i could NOT get into windwaker. i just couldn't... :urg:
@Player-3 - maybe it isn't, but Luna Online looks nauseating. just saying...
@Dogy - you still gave him a roulette answer... <_<
@MarsFool! - yeah, BoF series is pretty awesome.

Player-3

Smash Hero
@Jamaal - lolis disgust me, and i will never understand the appeal of them. why like them when you can like DEVELOPED females? what a concept... <_<
its actually not horrible

it has some interesting little things to it....

Purple

Hi guys!

lolis are adorable XD. But not attractive.

I love my women with developments though.

speaking of devlopments, anyone ever notice that the farther down the SNK road you go, the more they cut down on chun-li's leg width?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I second the loli motion.

And with every increasing SF game, her legs increase in width. But whenever another series is involved they tone her down. WDF?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i picked SMT Nocturne anyway cause i didn't want to play persona 4 atm and now i'm making monsters fuze

nevershootme

Smash Master
This year's e3 seem to turn out pretty good, nice lineup of games coming this year.

definite games worth trying when they're out (microsoft)

-Shadow Complex
-1 vs 100 live (I just played the beta earlier tonight, it's balls out addicting)
-Alan Wake
-Modern Warfare 2
-In fact... **** it... All of the games that were featured in the press conference was bad ***...

lets see what nintendo and sony can do tomorrow (11 hours from now)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
About the motion sensor.

If you remember, when they show Wii commercials, they would doge behind couches, though that couldn't really happen in the game. Honestly, this does nothing but make room for a bunch of silly minigames. The issue is the limited space in your living room. You don't have an expansive world to move around in. I'd like you to try to imagine this with Halo. Unless its a rail shooter, it simply wouldn't work.

Simply put, this would take major updates to be anything worth putting in a full fledged game, though I bet it be **** for Golf.

At the end of the day, this is the gaming equivalent of Wii Fit board + Wii motion plus without buttons + webcam. Its simply unusable.

All the Xbox conferance did was prove to me why I don't own an Xbox. I do not enjoy playing the same tired genras like FPS that haven't seen a real innovation since Half Life 1. And for the record, setting a game in modern time, that's not an innovation, nor is given an assassin the ability to swim. Putting Beatles in a Rock Band rip off and having Yoko Ono say, Its what John would have wanted is not an innovation. A Contra rip off with poor aiming controls is not an innovation. Alan Wake is the only non-flop I saw during that entire press conference.

Little Big Planet and Endless Ocean trump everything on the 360.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/867131/red-steel-project-untitled-sequel/videos/
Bad series made amazing, that Red Steal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmnAKGwduCQ

Also, tomorrow, getting Guilty Gear Ancient Core, opinions?

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i liked endless ocean too but i'd be lying to myself if i said it was better than everything on 360

you can't have a game about the beautiful ocean on wii. the concept was pretty cool(i do enjoy FISH and AQUATIC LIFE and just chilling out in the ocean), but the fish are way too blocky and that ruins my immersion

if you lose the feeling of really exploring the ocean for some reason(say because the fish are squares w/ textures painted on) then what else does the game have to offer

ofc i'm exaggerating, but my point is still that the visual capabilitys of the wii limits the game by a LOT

endless ocean would have been fantastic on 360 or ps3
P.S. i want ancient core that sounds rad

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
About the motion sensor.

If you remember, when they show Wii commercials, they would doge behind couches, though that couldn't really happen in the game. Honestly, this does nothing but make room for a bunch of silly minigames. The issue is the limited space in your living room. You don't have an expansive world to move around in. I'd like you to try to imagine this with Halo. Unless its a rail shooter, it simply wouldn't work.

Simply put, this would take major updates to be anything worth putting in a full fledged game, though I bet it be **** for Golf.

At the end of the day, this is the gaming equivalent of Wii Fit board + Wii motion plus without buttons + webcam. Its simply unusable.

All the Xbox conferance did was prove to me why I don't own an Xbox. I do not enjoy playing the same tired genras like FPS that haven't seen a real innovation since Half Life 1. And for the record, setting a game in modern time, that's not an innovation, nor is given an assassin the ability to swim. Putting Beatles in a Rock Band rip off and having Yoko Ono say, Its what John would have wanted is not an innovation. A Contra rip off with poor aiming controls is not an innovation. Alan Wake is the only non-flop I saw during that entire press conference.

Little Big Planet and Endless Ocean trump everything on the 360.

http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/867131/red-steel-project-untitled-sequel/videos/
Bad series made amazing, that Red Steal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmnAKGwduCQ

Also, tomorrow, getting Guilty Gear Ancient Core, opinions?
Yeah, I agree with you there. I think that very few games will be made that support it, and that kind of technology, being mass-produced, will cost Microsoft out of the ***.

And...it's Accent Core.

Good game, really. Solid gameplay with a great choice of characters.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can understand the motion sensing. It reminds me of that pic noting that "It's all the same ****". Unfortunately, nothing yesterday really caught my eye. Maybe I'm just growing out of it? No, because if that's the truth, I wouldn't be playing the classics that I am.

And if Ubisoft's conference was any indication, our (or mine at least) group is being set aside for the group that doesn't look at how hard a developer works at their games, how much thought was put into it, or how far they push the envelope. No, they're looking towards a casual audience who will eat anything if the cover looks suitable to their tastes. I was disgusted to find out that Ubisoft's top selling franchise was IMAGINE. As with all other forms of media, the industry rolls with the money. I'm so sad............

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aight, im tired of fishing for this f'n thread.

*stick*

_____

Anyway, so i've been playing some sf4 lately. woo.

But what I really wanted to post about is I finally got Castle of Shikigami 3 and played it for the first time yesterday. (Got it while at e3. Raaaaape).

If you've never heard of it, it's a danmaku ShMup.

My.
F**king.
Face.

Dear god, I thought Ikaruga was ridiculous. XD Im surprised this game actually made it to america, on the wii no less. I'm adding it to the ridiculously-small-list-of-games-you-should-play-on-the-wii.

And on that note, I just finished playing melee for like, 30 minutes to warm up to the **** i'm about to get in this game. GUAH!!

Top Bottom