• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Game Discussion Thread

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door and Luigi's Mansion.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't know what it is. Please, enlighten me. I'm open to new games.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes, Dogy, I'd be the first to tell you that all three Castlevanias for the DS are worth playing. Order of Ecclesia is, by far, the most difficult of the three. Definitely worth a shot. It's on the short side, but because of the difficulty the length balances out. Unfortunately, things move in a weak direction until you finally have a fight with an EPIC falcon punch.

I agree, though. Dawn of Sorrow is still the best game to play and probably the best castleroid next to Symphony of the Night and Super Metroid.

I am a huge fan of that genre. As a matter of fact. Check this out. Cave Story was a game five year in the making by a single person that goes by the name Pixel. It, too, is in the style of a castleroid. It's short in length, but it's a really, REALLY good game. I recommend it. Give it a try. You could play it on the PC, it's a freeware game. But they give you other options.

lol, shameless cut and paste.

Vts

Smash Champion
i wanna be the guy is a crazy fun and ******** game :psycho:

it either pisses you off or makes you cry there is no in between.

man virtual on coming out next month i can't wait!!!!

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
MB : AC is pretty fun and basic (PC version has the latest revision), what more can u do when you get smacked with a chair during a combo

that's how i enjoyed those 3 attack button games (low, medium, heavy... requires little depth (sans the advanced combos).
Chad promotes Cave Story, I promote this game. It has a good amount of depth, speed, and flashy pringles what else do you need? It is also decently balanced and most inputs are simple to do with some exceptions, but most full combos have some getting used to aka you need to practice some.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Chad promotes Cave Story, I promote this game. It has a good amount of depth, speed, and flashy pringles what else do you need? It is also decently balanced and most inputs are simple to do with some exceptions, but most full combos have some getting used to aka you need to practice some.

Kohaku and Hisui!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Alpha vs Dogy, Kirby Dream Course.

Live.

Where you at?

I wanna see this, cause I remember getting a ton of hole in ones last I played. Albeit I took a long time to make the judgment calls.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i said live meaning we were playing right here, not on emulator or something.

Jeff came over today (read: yesterday) and got wrecked too. He said he was gunna practice and MM me. Im tempted to practice up on all 4 vs courses myself for it. XD

This would almost be as epic as the Samurai Kirby MMs i'm supposed to have with Maurice -glares at Nice1-

tubes

Smash Ace
My bro got RE5 yesterday. Why is it nowadays that games can't seem to do co-op corectly unless its the games main god**** gimmick? RE5 is the first game in awhile to not do some bull**** like ONLINE AND SYSTEM LINK ONLY! or SCREEN SHARAN!

-Chad-

Slackerator
Its...

>_>

too bad that RE5 controls like crap...and enemies are ******** as hell...

In fact if the enemies weren't so ******** it'd be impossible because it's so hard to maneuver around with how the game plays.

tubes

Smash Ace
Its...

>_>

In fact if the enemies weren't so ******** it'd be impossible because it's so hard to maneuver around with how the game plays.
Thats just how resident evil is though. If the controls weren't so horrible it'd be way to easy and technically the games still supposed to be survival horror. Once you get the hang of it theyre really not that bad. Try playing one of the older resident evils where the controls are even more TANK then they already are.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Its...

>_>

Before I even start my rant, let me say that I dont own the game and I've only played it a few times at my friends house. All we've played is co-op mercenary mode. **** is off the chain. Lookin to do it again today, actually.

Clubbin' Sheva and BSAA Jill all ****in day.

There are some things I dont like about the controls; but the reason why the controls are "crap" is actually because of the series itself. It wasnt a big problem when the series was more puzzle based. When 4 came out and it went more action heavy, keeping those same controls was just *rolls eyes* not too smart.

The one thing I do hate about the controls though is the fact that there's no quick discard (so i've found), and that if you come up to 2 action options, there is one you have to do first. I.E., if you walk up to a ladder and want to jump down, if you can knock it down, you have to knock it down first or step around it.

Game would be harder without so much invinciblity frames. Nothin like avoiding some kinda OHKO attack because im picking up weed. Or finishing a jump animation. Or saving my partner.
Samurai Kirby MM? I want in. I WANT IN!!!!
XD. Yeah, G4S3 was off the chain when Reflex brought his SNES and we were killin Samurai Kirby.

I think ima take my snes to a tourney just for laughs, but I dont have all the cool games he does. :|

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'd do it. I have a ton of SNES games. It's my largest library next to my Gameboy collection (upwards to 50 games on that).

What's your average score in Samurai Kirby, bro? Mine is between 10-14 - my usual being 12. Has always been, since the game has been out. When I play it today, it reminds me that I'm not out of touch, just that there are things I can do and can't do. :/ You should see me do side-scrollin' speedruns. I love doin' that.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer

What's your average score in Samurai Kirby, bro?
I think it was .06? Whatever ties expert MK.

Only person i've ever seen get faster on average is Reflex. **** that n**ger.

I'm gunna go play around in it right now.

*edit*
.09. That's what it is.
.08-.10, that's my range. i cant beat MK with skill. WHO'S SURPRISED?!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Bah. I don't understand how you can be faster. It's beyond me. :dizzy: I've only gotten .01 twice. Both by chance. But at least I can say I got it. :ohwell: The fastest score, period.

BTW - KSS - one of the best games to grace the SNES console. No joke. PLAY IT. And if you do, play it on the SNES, 'cause the DS version is a poor excuse for a remake. As powerful as the DS is, and the game feels like it could've been done on the GBA. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: To a person who loved that game to death, that remake was a spit in elderly fan's face.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Bah. I don't understand how you can be faster. It's beyond me. :dizzy: I've only gotten .01 twice. Both by chance. But at least I can say I got it. :ohwell: The fastest score, period.

I honestly think it's just natural reflexes. I dont really think there's anyway to get yourself better. Not saying dont try if you dont want to.

But i'd live to have faster reflexes, I could actually use that for something.

But I did turn the game on today to get a time to see what kinda stuff I could react to in games. It's kinda funny.

But but but but but.

___

I started playing Wild ARMs 3 for the first time yesterday (Didnt play it today). So far, the system's alot cornier than it looks when you watch someone else play it. Turn based, but there is movement and positioning. But it's... random. I mean, i guess in the grand scheme of things it's really NOT random, it just shows you what would happen (unlike most other games that has everything in set positions), but it just looks... :| so far.

Im gunna tough through it though, I love 5 too much and I still want to play 4. I knew 3 was just turn based but I like the whole Wild ARMs feel now.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I've always gone .12 my whole life. I don't expect to be any faster.

Anyway - Still loving RE5, BUT it is showing its use. I'm getting rather bored now and want to move on to something else. Dunno what, though. I have 100+ games that I've bought over the last five years, and can't seem to find one I'm remotely interested in. It seems only the classic games ever bring out the most interest in me.

So much to choose from. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Suikoden 2.... awesome story, fun rpg... I once bought it, yet did not realize the game was on limited print at the time! And I beat it like 3-4 times!

and it was worth $200 on ebay...
Suikoden I/II are amazing

I've been playing the new Valkyrie Profile on the ds, as well as Suikoden Tierkreis recently. This is the most i've used my DS since I bought it a couple years back

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Actually, it is possible to get .00, I got it by luck against my friend once. Then again, luck is the only possible way to get this, otherwise you'd have to be psychic. :ness2: But other than being lucky, my range is like .12-.20... yeh, I'm pretty slow. :laugh:

I'm really into puzzle games right now for some reason. The only thing better than Samurai Kirby money matches are Pokemon Puzzle League/Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine MMs.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh joy. I just got all that's needed to play Four Sword Adventures on the GCN - 4 GBA-to-GCN cables, 4 GBAs (2GBA/2GBASP), the game, and a GCN.

Now no one has the excuse that they don't have what they need to play, cause I CAN PROVIDE IT!!!!! I can't wait to play this game with some friends. :D

tubes

Smash Ace
Oh joy. I just got all that's needed to play Four Sword Adventures on the GCN - 4 GBA-to-GCN cables, 4 GBAs (2GBA/2GBASP), the game, and a GCN.

Now no one has the excuse that they don't have what they need to play, cause I CAN PROVIDE IT!!!!! I can't wait to play this game with some friends. :D
ive been wanting to play 4 swords for the longest time now.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I played ****ing Pocket Fighter on GGPO with Perva last night. That game is still one of the funnest games ever made.

My god. I think ima start bringing it to tourneys with me. So much random trashtalk comes from the game. And then it's kinda like brawl, except way more fun. Game is toooooooo **** good.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Well. Puzzle Fighter is a legit puzzle game (I say that with tongue in cheek knowing that some things in the original are pretty busted), Pocket Fighter is a comical fighting game. That's the same idea as comparing Yoshi's Cookie to Yoshi's Island.

That's really just unfair.

Top Bottom