• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

finalark

SNORLAX
XD I just quit. The new patch was bad, and yoshi..idk what he is doing. Honestly the game is 75 percent bottling, which is just sad. I think I'm not cut out for mmmoes though, I'm good at them, but I don't enjoy them;(
Or maybe you should start playing good ones. Frankly, Square's MMOs are pretty.... um.... terrible.... sorry Ryu.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Can opinions really change that much in 11 days?

Well It had been more than 11 days, but yeah at that point I was convincing myself it was fun, lol.

Or maybe you should start playing good ones. Frankly, Square's MMOs are pretty.... um.... terrible.... sorry Ryu.
Maybe, but I don't think mmos are for me. I love completing stuff and moving on, it's just how I am. I've been enjoying skyrim sooooo much since I quit lol.

finalark

SNORLAX
Maybe, but I don't think mmos are for me. I love completing stuff and moving on, it's just how I am. I've been enjoying skyrim sooooo much since I quit lol.
Well that makes sense. But I suggest you play an MMO that isn't trapped ten years in the past before you judge. Might I recommend Lord of the Rings Online or Dungeons and Dragon Online? Perhaps you'll join me when Guild Wars 2 comes out?

EDIT: Also, every game I mentioned is free to play if you wanna give them a shot.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
My Final Fantasy:

FF1(Ipad version...ugh Dawn of Souls maybe?)

-At Taimat, so I've got him+Grind to 99+bonus dungeons left, aka not much. Any tips where to train.

I went with Knight/Ninja/Red Wizard/White Wizard. My concept is to use Rdm/Nin to buff the knight/ninja and then unleash all hell while the Wizard heals and Red Mage back ups.

Starting Dissidia (to unlock everything), then Dissidia 012. Any tips for that?

Also going to play FFV~9 in order, any tips on V? Never played it.

Also has ANYONE gotten Excalibur II, cause I'd like to try for that on IX...but blegh.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If you want to port stuff from Dissidia to Dissidia 012. Just get Everything from the PP shop. That's pretty much the only things that get transferred. That and levels.

Unlocking everything in the first one is going to take you another 100+ hours just to farm for the materials. It's not fun and get really boring after awhile.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Wait, stuff gets ported from the first one to the second one? Neat. I just wanna play the first one for a bit, idk how long till I'll jump to the second one.

How good are the characters:

Cloud, Terra, Kefka, & Kain?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Kefka does not look like my playstyle... I've never been long range or short range. I've always been a mix. My best example is Toon Link, I'd go back and fourth with switchups.

Any character like that or eh? Kain... I just love Dragoons. Back in my XI days I looked like Kain 2.0 XD

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
FFXIII-2 comes out today. Hype!

[yt]wJf5_y1Rl9A[/yt]

Tho' I've been hearing reviews that it isn't that great.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
reviews never get anything right.
just look at movies lol.
Its final fantasy. people will buy it for that reason alone.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Man, who here is going to get FF XIII-2 today? I sure am, I am about to play after playing the demo for so long.

Now, I can't wait for X to release, hopefully it will be the International version for an NTSC release.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'lll get it eventually; I actually plan on recording a lot of my playthrough for it for meh youtube channel :D

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Well for those of you who aren't playing but will gladly waste your time watching other people play it, I'll be doing a Let's Play on it tonight after work.

www.youtube.com/InfernoOmni

Don't have to subscribe or any of that jazz; just an FYI in case you feel like seeing the gameplay without actually playing.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You guys and your recordings, I would love to see it but I want to expreience it first, like.....right now since I just got the limited edition one. :D

I'll discuss with spoilers later. :p

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Hey don't steal my memes.... (Who found it on Gamespot)

XIII-2 is intersting to me, despite..how meh the story might be.

On an off note started Dissidia 012, dunno who I wanna be..

Matt07

Smash Master
Just restarted playing FF-13 after not playing it for a year haha. On Chapter 11 at the moment, mainly use Lightning (RAV/MED), Snow (COM/SEN), and Hope (RAV/MED). Getting owned at the moment lol. Trying to beat it quickly so I can play Part 2.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I've been keeping my eye on FFXIV on and off for all three of you who care. Anyway, I went on to the site today and I saw this article that's pretty interesting:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/index.html

EDIT: tl;dr: Square rebooting FFXIV as FFXIV2.0 in late 2012. I've read the design doc. and dev. road map and it actually looks really good.
I've known about that for ages. It's not as good as it sounds. When I quit, I weighed the options. (You know, making my account amazing pre-2.0), but the way they are handling FFXIV is terrible. It's a pseudo-WoW but not near as successful.

<.< I have the docs on my HDD and actually got all the classes to 50 but a few. >.>

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It's not considered piracy if it's just save files is it? I'm not asking for games just the save files. And that website he mentioned is down, so he shouldn't get in trouble if he did. It's like saying Mega upload was shut down. Would you remove that from my post too?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Wow, it's against the rules to link to save files for games? Guess that's good to know now...
Unless he linked to something else. I didn't see the original post, so I don't know. lol

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
It's not considered piracy if it's just save files is it? I'm not asking for games just the save files. And that website he mentioned is down, so he shouldn't get in trouble if he did. It's like saying Mega upload was shut down. Would you remove that from my post too?
Wow, it's against the rules to link to save files for games? Guess that's good to know now...
Unless he linked to something else. I didn't see the original post, so I don't know. lol
Not only is it shut down ( so theres no way im encouraging piracy)
but i didnt even put the actual url just the name the website goes (or went) by...

finalark

SNORLAX
I've known about that for ages. It's not as good as it sounds. When I quit, I weighed the options. (You know, making my account amazing pre-2.0), but the way they are handling FFXIV is terrible. It's a pseudo-WoW but not near as successful.
I'll see how it goes when FFXIV-2 hits. Right now I've heard the game is still in shambles but is slightly better than when it first started. IDK, after reading the design doc it sounds like they're addressing every issue I've heard in every review in 2.0

Can you do me a favor and elaborate on how they're handling the game is terrible? I haven't played the game so I can't really say anything.

EDIT: Being a pseudo-WoW isn't a bad thing. Seeing that FFXI aged like ****.

Top Bottom