• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
At launch DLC isn't a bad thing, I like it. I just don't want it to be an exclusive DLC though.
I'll probably get it at Best Buy for the hard cover book. Hopefully Omega and Serah's costume is just a timed exclusive though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I didn't like his hat, and I've gotten to the point that I'm a-okay with ridiculous hairstyles, so I'm cool with this. Plus, he kind of has this David Bowie smirk in that pic.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Don't insult David Bowie by comparing him to Snow!

And there's only so many stupid hairstyles I can take.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Who is most obviously inspired by Jareth. Also Yaag Rosch looks a lot like Bowie as well:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
http://kotaku.com/5849525/spend-you...atching-this-new-final-fantasy-xiii+2-trailer
Geez, the footsteps are even loud in the promotional trailers.

Also, a huge dark chasm appears behind Lightning to pull her into a parallel dimension and NOBODY ELSE NOTICED? Come on, there's suspension of disbelief and then there's just plain bull****.

The lip syncing is still pretty hit and miss too.

I did like how Noel called out Snow for being a useless character though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
2 Jobs 50 now, XIV has gotten so much better imo.

The new overhaul looks sick too.

finalark

SNORLAX
I guess whenever Square is drawing up the concept art for their characters they just go and look at David Bowie pictures for a few hours.

And I like the new Snow. Except that his hair is trying way to hard to be sideburns.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
So basically I haven't played any final fantasy past six extensively but I love the earlier entries.

Can we talk about how great final fantasy five is :D?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
At first when I heard this song I was like :urg:.

But after the 27th time listening to it now I'm like :cool:

I think I can ride that chocobo.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
it was okay imo

for me it went

6 > 4 > 1 > 3 > 5 > 2

Well, I haven't played anything before FF4, but I'd probably rank the ones I've played (not counting FFIX as hell, I'm not far in that at all, and not counting Tactics since it's not a main series one) as...

VI > VIII > X > IV > VII > V > XIII

Don't take that to mean I think VII or V are bad, it's just V wasn't my thing, and I think VII is insanely overrated while VIII is pretty damn underrated.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Well, I haven't played anything before FF4, but I'd probably rank the ones I've played (not counting FFIX as hell, I'm not far in that at all, and not counting Tactics since it's not a main series one) as...

VI > VIII > X > IV > VII > V > XIII

Don't take that to mean I think VII or V are bad, it's just V wasn't my thing, and I think VII is insanely overrated while VIII is pretty damn underrated.
if we're counting all the ones we've played id say

VI > IV > XII > I > VII > X > III > V > II > XIII

I agree with you though. I dont think V was bad, but it wasnt really in my taste. VII is good,but i cant stand that half the fanboys havent finished the game and only got into it because of Advent Children.

I actually didnt like IV the first time i played it ,because it was the first FF game I played that used ATB and it took some time getting used to.. I also dont want to rank VIII yet because i am currently playing it atm.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Really final fantasy II out ranks XIII? That is crazy. I don't understand why people have problem with final fantasy XIII being linear when the first final fantasy games were just as linear. You could go "explore" but you couldn't advance in the story until you went to a specific place.

Final fantasy II really?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
XIV is getting so much better...

I'm pretty 1337 on there :p kinda why I'm not on here.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Really final fantasy II out ranks XIII? That is crazy. I don't understand why people have problem with final fantasy XIII being linear when the first final fantasy games were just as linear. You could go "explore" but you couldn't advance in the story until you went to a specific place.

Final fantasy II really?
Yes. really.
if it makes you feel better i think XIII > Final fantasy mystic quest

Ya i heard theyre gonna start charging for subscriptions soon

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think FFXIII's story is fantastic commentary on the world right now, namely America. It's a story about machines controlling and using man to empower their domain. The 'gods' of the FFXIII universe are Fal'Cie. The Pulse Fal'Cie are like old-world gods while the Cocoon Fal'Cie are new-world gods (which are currently developing in our own world). New world gods will birth with AI.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah they're charging soon but the new jobs, bosses, story, achievements, etc are worth it

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Oh yeah that reminds me, there was a mistake on Amazon briefly about a month or 2 ago where they priced the limited edition of FFXIII-2 as cheaper than the normal version.

I snatched that pre-order up pretty quickly when I saw that.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

Yeah I've been keeping a far eye on it since like October. :( Just waiting on my new hardrive to come in before I go buy the game and jump in.

How is the new patch so far?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
XD I just quit. The new patch was bad, and yoshi..idk what he is doing. Honestly the game is 75 percent bottling, which is just sad. I think I'm not cut out for mmmoes though, I'm good at them, but I don't enjoy them;(

Top Bottom