• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Anyway with your childish response in that wall of text i now understand the type of person i am talking to, the type who can't keep things more civil. So instead of having an intelligent discussion we have this start of a flame/troll war. I dont understand why some people cant keep conversations/debates going without something like this happening.
You know what

You're an idiot
lol, nice.

Lukahn

Smash Apprentice
Vaan looked a little bland to me, in my opinion.

Bartz had more awesome multi-weapon/attack methods that just had such a nicer flow.

Tifa's rushdown, I'm interested in.
Tifa seems to be pretty fast, and if I've correctly understood her gameplay will be based on feints to get behind her opponent.
(Plus, she's my favourite character in all FF)

And the assist system seems to lead to some crazy combos... O_o

Gates

Banned via Warnings
With me it was the opposite. I got a PSP just for Dissidia and then I realized that there were no games that I wanted to play for it besides Dissidia and FFT. Then once I got tired of Dissidia I sold it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I have a friend who bought a PSP just for Dissidia. Then he proceeded to realize that the PSP is incredibly underrated and now plays it much more than his DS.
I had a psp for years, I just think it sucks. UMDs are not my favorite either.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I find the PSP to be really underrated. It has a lot of good games.
Sure you can argue that a lot of them are just ports, but the same could be said about the Gameboy Advance.

Edit: Not a good example but oh well lol. I like it almost as much as my DS despite its flaws.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
PSP has good games, it's just the handheld isn't that great. I love MH :p

Lukahn

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's true that the psp rocks for 2D games, but it's surprisely powerful also when it comes to cinematics regading its CPU. Let's quote Crisis Core final scene for exemple, or the first dissidia intro scene.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yar, but UMDs cannot compress files near as good as Cards, so the UMDs can hold very little data. Which is why in games on the PSP a lot of the backgrounds look the same, or the content is little, etc.

I really just don't care for UMDs, there is a reason why no one uses them.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The UMD is probably the worst data storage unit anyone could have ever made. It's probably why PSPGo is all digital.

Lukahn

Smash Apprentice
Yar, but UMDs cannot compress files near as good as Cards, so the UMDs can hold very little data. Which is why in games on the PSP a lot of the backgrounds look the same, or the content is little, etc.

I really just don't care for UMDs, there is a reason why no one uses them.
True... That's why I buy UMD of games I like and rip it into iso...

Gates said:
The UMD is probably the worst data storage unit anyone could have ever made. It's probably why PSPGo is all digital.
True again, but pspgo sucks... (in my opinion, at least)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

The UMD may not be as good compared to other things, but...

Dissidia Duodecim is shaping up to be a thousand times better than the original was. A recent Famitsu interview with Tetsuya Nomura had him stating that the entire original story of the first game is intact after you complete the story of Duodecim, completely remade to work with the world map story mode that this game is using. They said that it was really difficult to fit everything on the UMD but they pulled it off. With the music selection being even bigger, the stage inclusions, and saying that there will be more characters along the way from the Super Nintendo era and onward, they've gone all out on this game. The modes will be better as well (such as improving the colliseum). According to Nomura, 15 hours for finishing the Duodecim storyline, and the original Dissidia tale being added on brings the gaming time to 60 hours.

Storyline-wise, you're looking at 2 games for the price of 1. You could basically sell your original copy of Dissidia and not have to worry about not being able to revisit the original tale.

I gotta hand it to them for this one. For a UMD, they're putting so much effort into it that all the content could pass for being on a Playstation 3 or something. All that's left now is to increase the publicity of the game as it gets closer to the release and the sales will be through the roof everywhere. As well, accordingly Tifa's getting her own DLC costume in a European release.

Spring of 2011 guys. I'm stoked. SO stoked. This is shaping up to be one of the best PSP games to date. Seems like an epic hurrah before we get the PSP2.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, I want a lot of psp games, just not the psp. I bet psp2 will lack umds.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Thats hot.... MH still needs to go to consoles, but if they are still handheld.... omg.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Eh. I actually prefer console gaming, then again when I'm not working I want to be home playing games usually :p (Or doing something non-game related)

Still, I love handheld gaming (Pokemon<3), but I usually play it at home.

There's like a 90% chance I'll play portable MH at home, lol.

Or on break at work :p

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm playing FFXIII tommorow, so excited. I know it's...linear, but everything else seems okay to me. (i've watched vids, seen people play it, etc)

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I'm playing FFXIII tommorow, so excited. I know it's...linear, but everything else seems okay to me. (i've watched vids, seen people play it, etc)
It's a nice game. Just look pass the poor dialogue and you'll enjoy it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The "poor dialogue" is largely just poor voice direction and questionable translation quality, which has happened in like every FF game with voice acting (except Dissidia, that was pretty good for some reason).

Wrath`

Smash Master
I liked FFXIII, the only thing that troubled me was that, the battles felt to easy(minus the Esper fights, which pissed me off sometimes), maybe it was just me.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's usually like that in every RPG ever. Regular enemies are a joke before the endgame.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It's usually like that with jrpgs. I've really never struggled in a jrpg; even Yiazmat was a joke to an extent.

RATED

Smash Lord
PSP is only good for IMO : crisis core, Final fantasy tactics( I love Final fantasy tactics games, every of them) and maybe some DBZ games that are kinda fun to play with someone else and homebrew stuff.

I am playing FF13, I am about end game. My opinion:

Fal'cie thing
some boss battles
Equipment "improvement"
Sahs(the black guy) I liked his "story".
Gran Pulse "big map"

now my favorite part: Complains

There's a thing that I love about RPGs and that are towns, you getting to a town, going to do some "shopping" and that kind of stuff. This games doesnt have that. That makes me aargg!!!

Vanille annoying voice

Eidolon battle were annoying, not fun, neither hard... just annoying.

The "experience" crystarium thing, some monster gave you 3500 cp and some other mother****ing hard monster like the adamantoise, gave you like 3,250, the same with the juggernaut. Its so unbalanced when it comes to the wild battles.

"walking" all the time is annoying as hell, there's one thing that I love about older FFs and that's the airship.

----

there's some FF, that you "dislike"? Me, Final fantasy 4, why? the whole lunarian stuff made me hate it.

RATED

Smash Lord
it seems awesome that trailer, my "fanboy" dream would be Genesis in Dissidia. But idk if in dissidia they would add a non-main series character.

edit: also even if I disliked FF4, having Kain in the game makes it more awesome.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
If this game were on PS3 and supported more room for data and the like, I'd be all for Genesis.

In fact, if we needed two opposing characters from the VII series to add on, Zack vs. Genesis is a pretty good one.

But you're right. Dissidia may not add non-main series characters. They've done non-main series alternate attires though! Like Cloud in his KH attire and Lightning as Aya Brea.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The (going back to ff13) flaws I see in 13 are mostly the linearity issues. I can not even grind. :(

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

I noticed that we have a lot of Final Fantasy fans here and then I realized that we don't have a thread for the franchise. So go ahead and use this thread for any of the fourteen games in the main series or any of the numerous spin-offs.

So am I the only one who is pretty excited for FFXIV?
Yeah you can. All the monsters respawn, so if you backtrack you can grind easily.
But cp caps, so most of the time it is pointless to grind.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yeah you can. All the monsters respawn, so if you backtrack you can grind easily.
It is still hard to "grind" per say as it seems even when you are at an even level with the current monsters in the area that they do not harvest the right amount of CP. And then some monsters that you can just tear through give you a ton of CP. I don't think they thought CP through all the way.

Top Bottom