• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Final Fantasy Discussion - Final Fantasy XII remake incoming!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I got them linked from a friend, actually. I'll upload them to my photobucket or a tinypic or something and slap them up in a bit for you.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Gilgamesh and Laguna make this game perfect. I suspect Barthandalus will appear as FFXIII's antagonist.

Considering they're only adding characters from the SNES era onwards, If I could add three more, I would add:
1. Locke [FFVI]
2. Odin (to counter Gilgamesh; allied with Cosmos) [FFIX]
3a. New FFXIII Purple Guy [FFXIII-2]
3b. or Noctis [FFvXIII]

And if I could add three more stages:
1. Midgar [FFVII]
2. Lunatic Pandora [FFVIII]
3. Mt. Gagazet [FFX]

Also:
Though I hate FFXI for what is and has become, Prishe was such a bad***.

This looks so cool :D

finalark

SNORLAX
Though I hate FFXI for what is and has become, Prishe was such a bad***.

This looks so cool :D
I'm so ridiculously excited for this. I was going to get Dissidia a while back but I decided to hold off just because this is coming out.

As for FFXI... I've tried three times to get into that game. You might say that I'm just a n00b who is used to being babied or whatever but am I supposed to get curb stomped on my first quest?

Ugh, I want a good FF MMORPG so bad.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm so ridiculously excited for this. I was going to get Dissidia a while back but I decided to hold off just because this is coming out.

As for FFXI... I've tried three times to get into that game. You might say that I'm just a n00b who is used to being babied or whatever but am I supposed to get curb stomped on my first quest?

Ugh, I want a good FF MMORPG so bad.
Na the game is terrible. The story is amazing though. Prishe..god she was epic.

finalark

SNORLAX
Na the game is terrible. The story is amazing though. Prishe..god she was epic.
I want to look this Prishe person up, sounds interesting.

But yeah, FFXI was a game I wanted to be good but it just isn't. It's an MMO that's trapped in 2003 IMO (just like most of SE these days).

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I want to look this Prishe person up, sounds interesting.

But yeah, FFXI was a game I wanted to be good but it just isn't. It's an MMO that's trapped in 2003 IMO (just like most of SE these days).
She was turned immortal, she helped your party into AlTaeiu (forgive me for butchering the name, it's been to long)

Ultimately, she helped you go into god's realm to prevent them from engulfing Vanadiel in an apocalyptic war. She even aids you in the fight against the Virtue(god) as a hardcore npc. There is videos of her practically soloing the thing lulz.

Of course, now that the level cap is 90 or w/e instead of 75, I'd imagine anyone can solo it...

finalark

SNORLAX
She was turned immortal, she helped your party into AlTaeiu (forgive me for butchering the name, it's been to long)

Ultimately, she helped you go into god's realm to prevent them from engulfing Vanadiel in an apocalyptic war. She even aids you in the fight against the Virtue(god) as a hardcore npc. There is videos of her practically soloing the thing lulz.
Sounds pretty awesome. I've heard that XI's story was one of the game's biggest draws.

Of course, now that the level cap is 90 or w/e instead of 75, I'd imagine anyone can solo it...
And I've heard that they dropped the difficultly by a lot too, so... yeah.

ANYWAY!

In other news, new FFVXIII trailer. Has game play, is blurry as ****.

http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/final...h/a-2011012010418913074/g-2011011862754207030

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Wasn't that trailer for FFversusXIII already posted? I know I've seen it somewhere.

finalark

SNORLAX
Wasn't that trailer for FFversusXIII already posted? I know I've seen it somewhere.
It reuses a lot of stuff from earlier trailers, at first I thought I had seen it before but I went back and couldn't find the same thing with an older date attached to it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
No, I remember seeing that exact trailer before.

Maybe I saw it on Kotaku or something. I thought it was posted here but I guess not.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
For most of it, anyways.

He helped right FFXI, Rise of Zilart, Promathia, and some Aht Urghan iirc. (Not sure though) All the crappy add ons for 10 dollars, Wings of the Goddess, and Abyssia are bland and terrible imho.

I've played them all but Abyssia so I can say that with experience. As for Abyssia, all my friends said it had no real story. XD

@XIII-2, I gotta beat XIII Fast :D

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think what I liked least about XIII was the theme song "My Hands" sung by Leona Lewis. I could handle "Eyes On Me" in FFVIII because it tied in with Laguna and Julia's romance. "Memories of Life" in FFIX just worked beautifully and sounded fantastic. My Hands did not feel rightfully placed in the game, felt more like a song slapped on a commercial or something. As such, it distilled the immersion and transformed the experience into a very artificial one, making the whole game less of a fantasy that I could get wholly lost in, and more as a product that I spent $60.00 on.

Really, music is what has carried the series on for so long—all in part to Nobuo Uematsu. I think FFXII and XIII have wonderful soundtracks, but they don't carry the magic that Uematsu's work conveys. Slap a pop song on a game and you've just about ruined it. Similar to a ton of anime cartoons. In the opening and closing credits they'll play some J-Pop song and it just ruins it. Cowboy Bebop successfully had the coolest intro song ever, and its closing song "Real Life Blues" was equally as good because of how well it played off the imagery presented with it and with the story and feel of the series. I guess my point is that if you're going to incorporate lyrical songs into anime/video games, make sure you do it right. Pop music isn't always the way to go. Never ****ing again in Final Fantasy or there will be hell to pay.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I think what I liked least about XIII was the theme song "My Hands" sung by Leona Lewis. I could handle "Eyes On Me" in FFVIII because it tied in with Laguna and Julia's romance. "Memories of Life" in FFIX just worked beautifully and sounded fantastic. My Hands did not feel rightfully placed in the game, felt more like a song slapped on a commercial or something. As such, it distilled the immersion and transformed the experience into a very artificial one, making the whole game less of a fantasy that I could get wholly lost in, and more as a product that I spent $60.00 on.

Really, music is what has carried the series on for so long—all in part to Nobuo Uematsu. I think FFXII and XIII have wonderful soundtracks, but they don't carry the magic that Uematsu's work conveys. Slap a pop song on a game and you've just about ruined it. Similar to a ton of anime cartoons. In the opening and closing credits they'll play some J-Pop song and it just ruins it. Cowboy Bebop successfully had the coolest intro song ever, and its closing song "Real Life Blues" was equally as good because of how well it played off the imagery presented with it and with the story and feel of the series. I guess my point is that if you're going to incorporate lyrical songs into anime/video games, make sure you do it right. Pop music isn't always the way to go. Never ****ing again in Final Fantasy or there will be hell to pay.
This for truth. Though I liked Sunleth Waterscape(sp) and the main theme of XIII.

But agreed, Nobou(sp) was epic. I downloaded his FF soundtrackII recently. It had some great songs, such as..

DANCING MAD<33333333333333333

Wrath`

Smash Master
People are going to hate me, but I found FFXIII's soundtrack to be one of the better FF soundtracks. To me the music seemed to fit what you were doing and where you were at very well.

Also Kimi ga Irukara> My Hands. The English versions of ending songs are rarely ever better than the Japanese ones.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
People are going to hate me, but I found FFXIII's soundtrack to be one of the better FF soundtracks. To me the music seemed to fit what you were doing and where you were at very well.

Also Kimi ga Irukara> My Hands. The English versions of ending songs are rarely ever better than the Japanese ones.
Na, if you like it you like it, eh?

I liked the soundtrack; it was more or less the pop music...

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Uematsu wishes he could take claim to a song as awesome as Blinded by Light. (XIII's battle theme)

XD It's one of my favorites in the entire series.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Japanese songs in an English version has never been a problem in the past. XD Suteki Da Ne for FFX was still there in English. And in X-2, at least the songs were still the same to an extent just turned into English.

I woulda loved to hear Kimi ga Irukara in the ending for FFXIII. Alas.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
People are going to hate me, but I found FFXIII's soundtrack to be one of the better FF soundtracks.
I agree. Most of the songs were variations on the main battle theme, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, nor is it a first for the series. The Leona Lewis song sucked, but it definitely wasn't the worst part of the game.

Of course, I play games for, you know, gameplay, so maybe I have a skewed perspective on it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
He looks the same to me.

Can you still play him basically the same way as Zidane? That's pretty much how I played him in Dissidia 1.

So if I'm seeing this correctly, EX Force go to the assist meter before they go to the EX meter? That's pretty awesome, I think it'll do a lot to balance the game. Are they taking out EX Cores too? Nevermind, I just saw one. Taking out those would help with balance too, but whatever, it's not a big deal I suppose.

finalark

SNORLAX
Oh nice he looks like the Fighter, meaning he looks like he has some balls.

He really doesn't look like he plays that differently but I love the new costume.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm not sure what your saying with the Zidane part.

EX still goes to EX. You gain assist meter by Dodging Blocking and landing attacks. It doesn't go up if your using an assist to combo though.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
He looks the same to me.

Can you still play him basically the same way as Zidane? That's pretty much how I played him in Dissidia 1.
From what I've noticed in the video.

He's gained a new HP Attack, as well as an Aerial Day Flash. His "buckler" attacks no longer initiate Chase. Shield of Light can now be used at more of an angle, dependent on the opponent's position. Sword Thrust's initial shield throw has some vertical tracking.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm not sure what your saying with the Zidane part.
WoL has a bunch of aerial Brave attacks that are similar to Zidane's and they all lead into HP attacks like Zidane's (Shield Strike is an air Brave attack that hits below you and leads into Bitter End - Tempest is an air Brave attack that hits below you and leads into Meo Twister; Crossover is an air brave attack that hits in front of you and can either put in a chase or lead to Rune Saber - Swift Attack is an air brave attack that hits in front of you and can either put in a chase or lead to Meo Twister; etc.). They also both have some pretty crappy HP attacks, though they both have one that can reflect Emperor's Flare (Shining Wave and Stellar Circle 5) but Zidane at least has Free Energy and Shift Break (Though WoL has a ranged HP attack which is good for annoying and Shield of Light which is a good counter move).

They don't play exactly the same but the basic gameplan is aerial rushdown in both cases.

EX still goes to EX. You gain assist meter by Dodging Blocking and landing attacks. It doesn't go up if your using an assist to combo though.
Oh, I guess they just gain it really slowly then.

He's gained a new HP Attack, as well as an Aerial Day Flash. His "buckler" attacks no longer initiate Chase. Shield of Light can now be used at more of an angle, dependent on the opponent's position. Sword Thrust's initial shield throw has some vertical tracking.
New HP attack could be good or bad.

Aerial Day Flash probably won't help that much. IIRC, Day Flash had crap range so idk why I would want to use it in the air.

Buckler attacks not activating chase is no big deal as long as they still link into Bitter End.

Are you saying that Shield of Light kind of tracks?

Sword Thrust tracking vertically is good.

Top Bottom