• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Hey Ray, I want to play you on Wifi. Imagine if our connection is actually good, omfg.

Strange question: How would you have practice brawling Links?

You know I had forgotten there was rumble in this game.

I was reminded when I set up a new control scheme - tap jump off + other technical details for effective Link play - and my controller started rumbling.

I find I can't play with rumble now. 9_9

It's hopeless to deal with Ganon's rumbles. :upsidedown:

Kitamerby's a cool guy, eh rides fsmashes and doesn't afraid of anything.
Same. The vibrations almost caused my body to short-circuit into a tactile induced epileptic seizure.

I had to turn that **** OFF. It hate rumble in my games. It would be great if I had a beaver tho.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Lmfao.

Side note, I've had the same GC controller for 6-7 years, and I don't want to risk wearing it out with that silly rumble feature.
My first GC Controller isnt working anymore....after....about 7 years, dunno

Still able to play brwal with it, but Melee isnt possible. The R button stays in a position where Light Shield is used. IVE PLAYED ****ING 7 YEARS OF MELEE WITH THAT CONTROLLER AND IT WAS PERFECT. Now i have some new Play Asia ****, the buttons are hard, the R button annoys me, the 2 sticks (C and control) are 2 ****ing hard to move, too.

I have HURTS in my right hand after playin melee for half an hour

and rumble doesnt really care your controller...

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Nothing beats the feel of a well-worn controller; not even sex. I don't think I'd play Melee again if I had to break in another controller.

Rumble may not have any effect on the controller in the long run, but I'm still not taking any chances.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Me.... Do something productive...? nah

I dont really get to play Brawl much anymore because it usually results in my roommate throwing the controller at the TV...

I do miss the Ganondorf but its no fun stomping CPUs

ps.Im still banned from Ganon chat

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
ps.Im still banned from Ganon chat

j/k if you're on swf when im on leave a message on my profile and I'll fix that. Not that people still use the Ganon chat anymore (please correct me if I'm wrong...)

BTW... what made you come back...?

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I got the chance to play the all-mighty Inui yesterday and all I can say is, the dude may be on to something. I got beat pretty handily and all it came down to was Inui being a far better player than I was. He know virtually none of the Ganon tricksies, but he plays Ganon right.

I have failed you guys in bringing the 'super-tier' Inui to where he belongs. I am ashamed.:(

I did Warlock Punch him, though.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I did Warlock Punch him, though.
*Sigh* That's good enough, that's good enough..

Anyways, If I have time this weekend I might go to a somewhat big tournament. IF I do go, I promise that I'll come out first with Ganon only.

Yep, I'm quite confident.

Clai

Smash Lord
^^^

God-speed, Kalm. God speed.

As long as you know your character match-ups, you should be golden. I'm held back that I'm only now getting a grasp on character matchups and thus I place terribly (Didn't help that my opponent in loser's bracket was a Sheik main... I'm pretty bad with characters who aren't Ganon). You must know all the matchups from your Wifi experience, so just relax and have a blast, you'll do fine.

Don't run into Ice Climbers.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
^^^

God-speed, Kalm. God speed.

As long as you know your character match-ups, you should be golden. I'm held back that I'm only now getting a grasp on character matchups and thus I place terribly (Didn't help that my opponent in loser's bracket was a Sheik main... I'm pretty bad with characters who aren't Ganon). You must know all the matchups from your Wifi experience, so just relax and have a blast, you'll do fine.

Don't run into Ice Climbers.
I'm actually pretty confident about my offline skills with Ganon, but yeah, hopefully I'd be able to get off work early and go.

Clai

Smash Lord
I'm actually pretty confident about my offline skills with Ganon, but yeah, hopefully I'd be able to get off work early and go.
I only mentioned the Wifi part because it allowed you to have a lot of knowledge on how to beat most characters without resorting to theorycraft. Offline shouldn't be bad as long as you can buffer correctly.

Bring back videos, I want to see how your competition holds up with that of the Atlantic North.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I know the guys Ray is playing this weekend.

Honestly, his confidence is completely justified. He will wreck easily all but at most three of the people at that tourney.

Those three games are going to be what's really hot.

I have to see if I can get organized to go down. Transportation there is so easy this time; getting back... :urg:

Still, people use Sheik and Olimar over there. Oh, and no shortage of Falcos; and these people know what they're doing. I've toughened them up for you, you see.

Make sure to ditto Iliad's Ganon. Tell him I said that.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Didn't really do as well as I thought I would..

32 Entrants

1. Doc (Diddy, Metaknight)
2. Kingace (Metaknight)
3. Joe (Metaknight, Fox)
4. Culex (Falco, Snake, DK)
5. Raidos (Ice Climbers)
5. Mikey (Snake, D3)
7. Iliad (Marth, Falco, Link)
7. RayKalm (Ganondorf)
9. Kuenzel (ZSS)
9. Cruxis (Snake)
9. Yoh (Samus)
9. Distructo (Toon Link)
13. Niko (Peach)
13. Sauc3 (Kirby, ICs, Samus)
13. Decoy (Snake)
13. Gi (Wario)
17. Inle (Marth)
17. MarikYoshi (Yoshi)
17. JustNoOne (Luigi)
17. Zetsu (Falco)
17. Crowl (Link)
17. AvariceX (Snake)
17. 5ive (Pikachu)
17. AK
25. SkylerSilver
25. .Exe (ZSS)
25. JD (Olimar)
25. Fizz (Lucario)
25. Jamal
25. HC
25. Han (Yoshi)
25. JB (Wolf)

I only went Ganon, and lost to Snakes and a Falco.

From what I learned, I need alot more work.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
This is going to sound kind of harsh, but to get 7th at an offline tourny with Ganon means you did an amazing job.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm getting positive comments? That's a change.

@Flying: Well, yes. In a match, he SDed 2 times at his own counter-pick.

Luccie

Smash Cadet
I was gonna put a really cool message, but some guy behind me just went "U shud put "im guna main ganon nao."

Also, Weinner's Wii broke, and about $100-$150 of VC games were lost.

Oh, and he's been on brawl all day regaining what he lost <3.

Smileyface.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
haha, xyro. rihuganon posted these vids earlier this week D:

none the less, good stuff.

i've recently upgraded ganon from my secondary to my main, i just find him so much more comfortable to play rather than DK, so i should see you guys a little more

Clai

Smash Lord
4:38 of the first video is the best team combo in existance, and it doesn't even look that hard to pull off. Just send the other team into your partner's up-tilt and watch the hilarity unfold. If some team was actually able to do this in tournament, so many people would fold under the sheer manliness of it all.

Clai

Smash Lord
If only it was untechable :( Whenever I'm Ganon my partners already know to throw people into my uptilts XD
They can tech the landing after they're thrown into Ganon's up-tilt? That's madly depressing, I thought it was like a laser lock where they just bounce around but can't tech the ground.

Did anyone else see the grab release chain-grab on MK on Smashville platforms. Can that actually be done or was the MK just too slow to hit Ganon away from him? That'd make Smashville a great place for Ganon to fight MK if it were true.

Breezy

Smash Ace
They can tech the landing after they're thrown into Ganon's up-tilt? That's madly depressing, I thought it was like a laser lock where they just bounce around but can't tech the ground.

Did anyone else see the grab release chain-grab on MK on Smashville platforms. Can that actually be done or was the MK just too slow to hit Ganon away from him? That'd make Smashville a great place for Ganon to fight MK if it were true.
Looks like it'd be possible in tourneys. MK can't react before he hits the ground, and ganon can get to him before then, so it makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom