• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Okay so, how many of you are going trick-or-treating, how many of you are dressing up, and how many of you just don't care?
Little late... but I just saw this now and figured i would give you all a somewhat brief summary of my halloween (for ****sNgiggles), I'm a little to old to trick or treat... Sooooo i had a Keg/WOP (not wall of pain) @ my house instead, After a hazy Friday night I woke up at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday and found a ****ty monk costume and decieded I was going to be Deckard Cain. After repeating "Stay awile and listen" 50 times and drinking several beverages I said F**k the costume and very shortly after that feel asleep (Aka blacked out) woke up to a wonderfully trashed house, complete with upsidedown plant on top of the living room TV, broken glass from a picture someone knocked off the wall a felt was a good idea to walk on, and the combination of candy, playing cards, and pennies (dont ask) covering almost every square foot of the house. Then i had a nice morning watching the Vikings stomp the Packers.

Happy November everyone!

TP

Smash Master
@Home, you win the internet and a jar of cookies for being Deckard Cain. ****, I'm gonna play D2 right now just because of this.

:034:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Little late... but I just saw this now and figured i would give you all a somewhat brief summary of my halloween (for ****sNgiggles), I'm a little to old to trick or treat... Sooooo i had a Keg/WOP (not wall of pain) @ my house instead, After a hazy Friday night I woke up at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday and found a ****ty monk costume and decieded I was going to be Deckard Cain. After repeating "Stay awile and listen" 50 times and drinking several beverages I said F**k the costume and very shortly after that feel asleep (Aka blacked out) woke up to a wonderfully trashed house, complete with upsidedown plant on top of the living room TV, broken glass from a picture someone knocked off the wall a felt was a good idea to walk on, and the combination of candy, playing cards, and pennies (dont ask) covering almost every square foot of the house. Then i had a nice morning watching the Vikings stomp the Packers.

Happy November everyone!
Can I get an invite to your next Halloween party?

@HomE

Smash Ace
TP when will i be receiving this "Internet" and will it be coming FedEx or UPS? also I'd like those cookies to be oatmeal chocolate chip, and D2 is epic it took many years of my life and i dont regret a moment of it. Also my roommate had this "arabian prince" costume and soon after I decided I was Deckard, he became Jaheed from Act 2.. haha

@ Adumbrodeus: Are you an attractive girl? I can only assume the answer is no.... but i suppose if you happen to be in Minneapolis next Halloween... Maaaaybe...

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Playing against Jigglypuff as Ganon is probably the best and most enjoyable match-up I ever played.

It's a game of tech skill, bait & luring, camping, and mindgames. One of the only match-ups Ganon can camp in. Ganon has a harder time getting hits in, but he literally needs 5-6 hits to kill. While Jiggs has an easier time getting hits in, she has to get kills through gimps and rough combos.

Very, very fun.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Are you serious? I just ate oatmeal chocolate chip cookies like 3 minutes ago. I still have some (my grandma made me a ton).

I think you might be me.

:034:
Logically, everything is identical with the Platonic One until proven otherwise, so. . .

*awsum*

Playing against Jigglypuff as Ganon is probably the best and most enjoyable match-up I ever played.

It's a game of tech skill, bait & luring, camping, and mindgames. One of the only match-ups Ganon can camp in. Ganon has a harder time getting hits in, but he literally needs 5-6 hits to kill. While Jiggs has an easier time getting hits in, she has to get kills through gimps and rough combos.

Very, very fun.
I am so bad at this game.

I couldn't imagine that match being better than 30:70. Definitely hopeless online, but it was pretty bad fighting a rusty, Melee Jiggs friend and working to the bone the whole **** time.

What brings this on? Who did you just play, and where?

How do you DI with Tap Jump safely!! omg so valuable.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I got a few matches recorded from yesterday's DSO bi-weeklies. Overall, I felt I played pretty well, even when I killed myself like an idiot on two separate matches. I won a tournament set going Ganon only for the first time in about ten months or so, so I'm really proud of what I've done.

Videos may be up in the next couple of days or so. I start off really jittery (I messed up all my thunderstorms for like the first 15 seconds) and then I play a lot more stable after that. I don't have anything from my last set, where a Pikachu camped me SO HARD I was getting frustrated. Seriously, that may have been the first set where I didn't have fun while being Ganon. Ahh well, it's something I should get used to.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I took Xyro to game 3 last stock in Low Tier Singles tournament this weekend, and placed 7th out of about 30. PS1 is gay and so is zair.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@ Adumbrodeus: Are you an attractive girl? I can only assume the answer is no.... but i suppose if you happen to be in Minneapolis next Halloween... Maaaaybe...
No, I'm an attractive guy (or so the ladies tell me).

But you know what, for you... maybe *wink*

Clai

Smash Lord
I took Xyro to game 3 last stock in Low Tier Singles tournament this weekend, and placed 7th out of about 30. PS1 is gay and so is zair.
PS1 is gay and so is zair.
PS1 is gay
Please tell me you're kidding. PS1 is one of Ganon's best stages. How can you say no to free lag-cancels and easy platform/slope FoG's? I absolutely love this stage and I'll make sure to pick it on every tournament that allows it as a neutral.

Great job in the tournament, PX.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, play on PS1 against a character that can outrun Ganon and has a ridiculous projectile (or more) and then get back to me.

I personally like small stages with Ganon, though.

Clai

Smash Lord
Lol, play on PS1 against a character that can outrun Ganon and has a ridiculous projectile (or more) and then get back to me.

I personally like small stages with Ganon, though.
You can say that for half the legal stages in the game, lol. At least PS1 does some things to benefit Ganon unlike FD, Smashville, Halberd, etc.

Being camped as Ganon is going to suck no matter which stage you choose. Against campers and projectile abusers I like small stages, but when it comes to fighting CQC characters I'd much rather pick the big stages.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
You can say that for half the legal stages in the game, lol. At least PS1 does some things to benefit Ganon unlike FD, Smashville, Halberd, etc.

Being camped as Ganon is going to suck no matter which stage you choose. Against campers and projectile abusers I like small stages, but when it comes to fighting CQC characters I'd much rather pick the big stages.
And you can say that for every other character too, they're also benefited by the bigger stages.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
PS1's janky transformations do nothing but accentuate camping, it's known as one of the campiest stages in the game for a reason. Ganon's mobility is also bad enough as it were, adding in obstructions and obstacles all over the place isn't exactly helping anything and the changes in elevation make it more difficult to autocancel aerials. Not to mention the stupid lip that sometimes snaps and sometimes doesn't.

Ganon stands to lose more than he does gain on that stage. FD also sucks for Ganon and I've said this for ages. Halberd has a low ceiling and close sides, both good for Ganon, Sville is small, which makes it easier for him to close distances.

Honestly if you have to pick a PS stage it's better to go with the second, imo. Flight of Ganon is REALLY not something useful to base how good a stage is.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Isn't PS1 Xyro's best stage too? I'm pretty sure it is....

Clai

Smash Lord
PS1's janky transformations do nothing but accentuate camping, it's known as one of the campiest stages in the game for a reason. Ganon's mobility is also bad enough as it were, adding in obstructions and obstacles all over the place isn't exactly helping anything and the changes in elevation make it more difficult to autocancel aerials. Not to mention the stupid lip that sometimes snaps and sometimes doesn't.

Ganon stands to lose more than he does gain on that stage. FD also sucks for Ganon and I've said this for ages. Halberd has a low ceiling and close sides, both good for Ganon, Sville is small, which makes it easier for him to close distances.

Honestly if you have to pick a PS stage it's better to go with the second, imo. Flight of Ganon is REALLY not something useful to base how good a stage is.
Really, the only transformation that screws over Ganon is the Rock one. All the other transformations don't limit Ganon too badly, as his aerials have the range to cover up anything the stage forms throw at Ganon. Changes in elevation are easy to adapt to (not every aerial has to be short-hopped) and the stage lip? Doesn't stop Ganon from planking or just about anything, in that matter.

I only added Flight of Ganon as a filler, but anything that gives Ganon more mobility should be a benefit. The real selling point is that Ganon can do anything laglessly duing the stage transformations (I haven't focused on it, but I've done it without effort and I can definately time it if I needed to).

As for FD, I wouldn't pick it for just any old battle, but for characters that don't throw projectiles all over the place, it provides the space Ganon needs to escape any pressure the other character puts on him. The stage still sucks, but it has its purposes. In my opinion, Yoshi's Island is the worst stage for Ganon, and it's not because of the rough ground.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh, gotta keep in mind there's a fair amount of characters that have some really gay stuff on PS1. I personally wouldn't bring a lot of characters there as Ganon :p

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
So is it really just random with the ledge snapping thing? It's not just fussy or unforgiving of error?

That. . . is gee-ache-ee ghey.

'cause I like PS1. A lot. But if it's going to kill me on 'perfect' Throttle uses and screw up my momentum... :urg:

F this game, sometimes. F it.

Clai

Smash Lord
So is it really just random with the ledge snapping thing? It's not just fussy or unforgiving of error?

That. . . is gee-ache-ee ghey.

'cause I like PS1. A lot. But if it's going to kill me on 'perfect' Throttle uses and screw up my momentum... :urg:

F this game, sometimes. F it.
No, it's not random. It's just as you said, it requires a specific approach to get it done, but it can be done consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom