• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Okay, there's no way Peach is 9:1 Falcon and 8:2 Ganon.

One of those has to be wrong.

Also, lolling @ the 100:0.

I don't understand the points/divisions they've drawn. By their system, shouldn't C tier start with ICs?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Okay, there's no way Peach is 9:1 Falcon and 8:2 Ganon.

One of those has to be wrong.

Also, lolling @ the 100:0.

I don't understand the points/divisions they've drawn. By their system, shouldn't C tier start with ICs?
You're getting mixed-up. It's Pikachu who you're looking at, not Peach.

Yoshi's 8, Clai.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
So yeah I ate your mod at zero %.... WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, GANONDORF MAINS?!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

in fact, I was considering making a troll topic about it but I was hesitant towards it because:

1. It's impossible to troll him, and I've nearly given up... :(

2. It's wizkick spike bait.

3. He will probly find some way to quote me out of context concerning me eating him and wreck me
again, for the 10,000th time

:lick:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
So yeah I ate your mod at zero %.... WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW, GANONDORF MAINS?!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

in fact, I was considering making a troll topic about it but I was hesitant towards it because:

1. It's impossible to troll him, and I've nearly given up... :(

2. It's wizkick spike bait.

3. He will probly find some way to quote me out of context concerning me eating him and wreck me
again, for the 10,000th time

:lick:
Why don't you share your perspective on the lulzy convo at BlueSteak to which I was privy the other night? :rolleyes:

Ness 2:8 against Donkey Kong? Stage spike throws are the ****, but...... what? Yeah DK has super range and omg so deadly shield pressure, but PK-harassment all dai.

For all the nitpicking though, it's good **** for this thing to actually exist. SWF still doesn't have completed matchup charts - even hella outdated, or straight wrong ones. :(

We suck.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Except it's not. I've played almost all these matchups and there are very few that are as miserable as people like to rate them (like among the high tiers, and Yoshi).

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Except it's not. I've played almost all these matchups and there are very few that are as miserable as people like to rate them (like among the high tiers, and Yoshi).
Then you must be playing really bad players.

I could say I have the most knowledge about Ganon than anyone else right now, in terms of match-ups, the character, basically anything.

Stop overrating the character.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yep, you're right. Everyone in TX sucks compared to whoever you're vsing, lol.

Hey, Xyro is one of the worst Samuses ever, and I totally didn't take him to game three last stock high percents.

Xyro is a ****ing great player, no way I'd get that close if the matchup is 20:80.

I can list more examples if you need, but that's a pretty prevalent one.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yep, you're right. Everyone in TX sucks compared to whoever you're vsing, lol.

Hey, Xyro is one of the worst Samuses ever, and I totally didn't take him to game three last stock high percents.

Xyro is a ****ing great player, no way I'd get that close if the matchup is 20:80.

I can list more examples if you need, but that's a pretty prevalent one.
Not to rain on your parade, but from what I've seen of Xyro (through tournament videos), is that he falls for some really common stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if your match(es) against him mostly consisted of you punishing his mistakes.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Let me rephrase what I said there.

I wouldn't be surprised if your match(es) against him mostly consisted of you punishing his easy to see and repetitive mistakes which he made over and over, again and again.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Actually they consisted of me gimping him or landing a strong hit, at the cost of lots of percentage and a ton of tedious walking powershields and dodges. I'm sure you can say he was being dumb or making a mistake, but I really don't see how it's his fault if I'm nairing him out of tethers and tipmanning him out of them/jumps.

Besides, if the matchup was 20:80, it doesn't matter how many mistakes he made, it still wouldn't be close.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Actually they consisted of me gimping him or landing a strong hit, at the cost of lots of percentage and a ton of tedious walking powershields and dodges. I'm sure you can say he was being dumb or making a mistake, but I really don't see how it's his fault if I'm nairing him out of tethers and tipmanning him out of them/jumps.

Besides, if the matchup was 20:80, it doesn't matter how many mistakes he made, it still wouldn't be close.
You went wrong on your first sentence. Ganons can't be gimping Samus', and If Xyro knew how to play Ganon OR his Samus properly, he wouldn't allow Ganon to get close and touch him at ALL, atleast not if the Ganon player has a very unique and technical mind.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think it's just safe to say that you're doing it wrong.

I've gimped GWs out of their Up B with nair (stage spike)... that's MUCH harder to do than gimping samus. All it takes for her is an upair out of tether/bomb jump or a nair to setup for whatever.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I think it's just safe to say that you're doing it wrong.

I've gimped GWs out of their Up B with nair (stage spike)... that's MUCH harder to do than gimping samus. All it takes for her is an upair out of tether/bomb jump or a nair to setup for whatever.
No, I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right. Xyro's not recovering properly if you're gimping him.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Why don't you share your perspective on the lulzy convo at BlueSteak to which I was privy the other night? :rolleyes:
it wasnt lulzy u were the only one taking it srs and y did that guy keep banning u lol?

TP

Smash Master
Hey, I was calling Kalm out on his views of matchups way before it became cool. I was one who noticed he changed our matchup ratios on the OP of the matchup thread without notifying anyone, months after those discussions. Like, for example, Samus went from 25:75 to 10:90 without any notification that it happened. >_>

:034:

EDIT: Also, I've decided to start going Ganon in tournies again. If the best I can do with ROB is 9th (admittedly against opponents like Lain) then I may as well just do it with Ganon instead.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Why do you think I stopped posting altogether in the Matchup thread? I kept saying the matchups were super overinflated against Ganon (at least those that weren't top tier or Yoshi) but got scoffed at b/c I don't have WiFi prestige or whatever.

I was also the first to say that Jigglypuff vs Ganon is actually a very close matchup and guess what... not too many posts ago Ray said it's one of his favorites, lol.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Why do you think I stopped posting altogether in the Matchup thread? I kept saying the matchups were super overinflated against Ganon (at least those that weren't top tier or Yoshi) but got scoffed at b/c I don't have WiFi prestige or whatever.

I was also the first to say that Jigglypuff vs Ganon is actually a very close matchup and guess what... not too many posts ago Ray said it's one of his favorites, lol.
First off, just because the Jiggs Vs. Ganon match-up is one of my favorites, doesn't mean it automatically becomes a neutral match-up.

Secondly, yes I did change match-up ratios without notification, but only because others had failed to prove why they think a certain match-up is whatever the hell they think it is.

Last, Vex, I can name plenty on the top of my head. And top level competition isn't everything you need to become the best. Look at Ally (before he started going to big tournaments).

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
btw I agree with jiggz and kirby's matchups on the list for the most part. Not sure/don't care about other characters

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Last, Vex, I can name plenty on the top of my head. And top level competition isn't everything you need to become the best. Look at Ally (before he started going to big tournaments).
Yup, I remember Ally losing to Azen's grab only DDD, a character he didnt use at all. He was smart, but had really bad habits for awhile.

Name me Samus's that are comparable to Xyro please. Also after you respond I probably won't say anything else until tomorrow because this has gotten boring, and I'm sleepyz.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Then you must be playing really bad players.

I could say I have the most knowledge about Ganon than anyone else right now, in terms of match-ups, the character, basically anything.

Stop overrating the character.
I'm sorry, but I would trust PhantomX's knowledge over your extremely biased 'knowledge.' PhantomX may not main Ganondorf, but he knows a ton about how to succeed in high-level play and I bet that he knows about what Ganon can do in high-level play and what doesn't. and how to apply it against the best players.

@Twilight Prince- I noticed those subtle changes too, but I just decided not to bother. Really, if Ray Kalm is calling out XYRO and saying that he doesn't know how to play his character properly, then I doubt anyone is operating under the level of metagame Kalm is imagining, one where we can cleanly talk about what Ganondorf can do without spurts of , "that would never work at the top of the metagame.'

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I didn't ask you to trust my knowledge, Clai, there wasn't really a reason for you to post saying so.

napZzz

Smash Hero
the matchups he posts are funny. You cant honestly think they're all that bad.

Jesus have a little confidence in your character

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well if you're not arguing for people to believe you, Ray, I don't really know why you're arguing. Everyone else in here is arguing so others don't believe your massive underestimation of the very character you main.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I didn't ask you to trust my knowledge, Clai, there wasn't really a reason for you to post saying so.
Well, you're trying to disregard PhantomX's knowledge based on his experience with one of the best Samus mains in the world by saying that Xyro isn't at an acceptable level of play, so you must believe that your opinion over match-ups like Samus, based on probably all theorycraft, must be more relevant to the metagame than PhantomX who's actually demonstrating the matchup at as close to the top of the metagame as possible.

I'd say the vast majority of the match-ups on the chart are based on your opinion and little more, and since that chart is what everyone looks at when they talk about Ganon's spot on the tier list, you're basically telling everyone to trust your knowledge.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'd say the vast majority of the match-ups on the chart are based on your opinion and little more, and since that chart is what everyone looks at when they talk about Ganon's spot on the tier list, you're basically telling everyone to trust your knowledge.
Basically, yes.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Lol Kalm...

That being said Home, you don't know that. If you mean as a player anyway. As a debater, from what I've heard about Zyro, they employ similar methods... (Unless I'm thinking of someone else?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom