• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
lol, emo?

10chars.
Yes. It's pretty obvious Ganon is the most limited character in Brawl, that's why he's last. You're just making a thread to whine for the sake of whining, which is VERY emo. I close those all the time.

Complain about Ganon is all the threads that already exist, if you like.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yes. It's pretty obvious Ganon is the most limited character in Brawl, that's why he's last.
Whether a character's limited or not, really has nothing to do with them being bad, G&W is a good example.

PhantomX said:
You're just making a thread to whine for the sake of whining, which is VERY emo. I close those all the time.
Whining? I was putting it out there.

:034:

Smash Hero
Ray_Kalm I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish but that was one of the most useless threads of all time

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I think what PX is trying to say about your thread Kalm is...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Game and Watch has plenty of options, it's just that most of them aren't that good compared to his most used ones at a given time (up B is always your best OoS option even though you have dtilt and jab that are great too). GW only lacks killing options, and that's what keeps him from moving up.

MBmoney

Smash Cadet
The only thing GaW lacks is variety on his approaches. All he has are bair and nair but both of them are so good that it hardly even matters. I don't see how he lacks killing options, when his smashes come out ridiculously fast and kill at ridiculously low percentages, and can be combo'd or tech chased into. His fair isn't too shabby either when it comes to killing.

Ganon on the other hand is incredibly limited on approaches, among other things. His entire game is dependent on mindgaming the opponent or predicting their next 2 moves, which basically means he has almost nothing guaranteed going for him.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I don't see how he lacks killing options, when his smashes come out ridiculously fast and kill at ridiculously low percentages, and can be combo'd or tech chased into. His fair isn't too shabby either when it comes to killing.
inb4 They are highly telegraphed and have oodles of start up lag.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Im going to attend an online 2on2 Tourney together with G-Man (Best Ganon of Germany together with me) going Ganon only. Something like a small warmup, because in the future we will meet at offline tourneys and Ganonrape around there

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
stRIP, when you play online, anything and everything about the game is different there. GW has ways to kill short of throwing out smashes (which isn't reliable in the least), and most if not all of those are punishable by the upper echelons of the cast (either on startup or cooldown), and that's why he stays down on the tier list.

Basically what Noobicidal said. The only thing that combos is nair > dsmash and that's only if a particular part of the nair catches you.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The only thing GaW lacks is variety on his approaches. All he has are bair and nair but both of them are so good that it hardly even matters. I don't see how he lacks killing options, when his smashes come out ridiculously fast and kill at ridiculously low percentages, and can be combo'd or tech chased into. His fair isn't too shabby either when it comes to killing.
The only thing G&W lacks is an easier to land KO move or a poke that actually outranges Metaknight. If his D-smash was frame 10, or if his D-tilt had a little more range, he would be perfect.

His Smashes are all blockable on reaction (but they are safe on block). He can't really combo into them when people tech out of D-throw.

G&W is all about having low ending lag. His startup actually isn't that fast. If his D-smash was frame 10 though, he would have a consistent OOS KO move besides F-air (which is so good that it's often an essential damage dealer).

Oh yeah and being allowed to poke Metaknight with D-tilt consistently would be amazing. It's stupid how D-tilt is slower than MK's, but has less range.

But anyhow, what really makes G&W shine is his mixup game. He has ridiculously low ending lag in general and good mobility, so you can mixup a lot with him if you're smart. Jab canceling is amazing with G&W and leads to grabs, and techchasing with D-throw leads to regrabs or punishment with DA.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
GW's only safe smash on block is Upsmash, and that's if people don't have good grab ranges. People with Wario range and up can shieldgrab him on hit... actually, they can shieldgrab all of GWs smashes.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That's basically only Wario and DDD. Tether grabbers really can't shieldgrab G&W's smashes because their grabs are too slow. Most importantly there really aren't any realistic ways to punish G&W's Smashes with a KO move.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's basically only Wario and DDD. Tether grabbers really can't shieldgrab G&W's smashes because their grabs are too slow. Most importantly there really aren't any realistic ways to punish G&W's Smashes with a KO move.
Yeh, outside of powershielding, I agree with that.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Nah, I have good resolution, I mean they make me have to scroll a bunch.

We recorded a lot of matches. I kept making Espy go Falcon against hte less good teams for epic Ganon/Falcon combos.
You, sir, have just received a whole bunch of epic points for making your partner pick a manly character to beat up weak teams (because Sonic is lolno in manliness).

Infinite d-throw chains with Falcon and Ganon on 2v1's are incredible to do, it makes the other player feel trapped and at your mercy like in Smash 64. Then you can finish it off with a knee or a Warlock Punch and things will be perfect.

Speaking of which, I still have my replay from around May 2008 where my friend and I comboed a Warlock Punch into a Falcon Punch on a sleeping Jigglypuff. I've been meaning to put that up as a video for the longest time, since all I have it a bad-quality clip of it on Youtube as part of a compilation.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We got an entirely non-planned Dair > Sweetspot knee on a Marth (who was awake and not shieldbroken, lol). Also won a round by spiking both his Falcon and a Fox, b/c Ganon leave no survivors.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Speaking of which, I still have my replay from around May 2008 where my friend and I comboed a Warlock Punch into a Falcon Punch on a sleeping Jigglypuff.
I don't approve of this...!!!

edit: also

TP

Smash Master
At NO KOAST, which is in a month, if DLA and I both go (both like 75% or higher probability of going), we will team. :D

@HomE

Smash Ace
Kalm you are destroying the Low Tier Tourny, and the other Ganons are beating up the losers bracket also. Good job all around guys.

Are you getting any videos of your matches?

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
How would you guys feel about raising some money to go towards GameUniCon and the SNES winners? Of all of the people in this community, I trust you guys the most, and really genuinely feel like we have a tight bond as a family here. I think we should try to pull what we can together and donate to them after what happened. If you don't know, a man conned everyone involved in the tournament out ~100,000 dollars, so really guys, I have a lot of faith in you, so are you up for it?

TP

Smash Master
Game Universe is going out of business no matter what we do to save them. They lost too much, period. As for the winners of the tournaments... I'm already going to be handing them money at the large tournaments I plan to enter, just by entering. I'd rather not get involved any further. The story is awful, but we can't really be expected to do anything about it.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
**** wut happened to the chat it use to be alive... are people giving up on ganon or is it that once twilight prince went to college people just stopped going?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Kalm you are destroying the Low Tier Tourny, and the other Ganons are beating up the losers bracket also. Good job all around guys.
I wanted to add my cheer of support.

Not that Kalm is fueled by anything other than NERDRAGE bitterest bile for all Humankind delicious sub sandwiches his secret cache of Jigglypuff pictures expressing all its unearthly beauty.

@Noobicidal: I not understand the first time. Can you say that again? "underneath" a sponsor?
And I don't see a mention of a con man in your explanation;

Definitely agree that charity won't save anyone here. X_X

Noobicidal

Smash Master
@Noobicidal: I not understand the first time. Can you say that again? "underneath" a sponsor?
And I don't see a mention of a con man in your explanation;

Definitely agree that charity won't save anyone here. X_X
Usually, the TO would be the one responsible for paying various fees, such as for a venue, getting Cube/Wii setups, etc. The "con man" was the one in charge of this, and the TO merely hosted the tourney. I was giving a horribly simplified rundown for time's sake; the thread provides enough information worthy of a good read.

TP

Smash Master
Hey guys, I saw this on the Bowser board, and thought it was worth reposting here. I don't have a Wii, so somebody else test it please.

I figured out how to DI out of the tornado.

SamuraiPanda told me what Ally told him, and it works! It's actually pretty silly. What you do when you are getting tornado's is mash everything. That's it. Seriously.

You don't need to try to smash DI out of it. I would hold up and away on the control stick, and then wail on the face of the controller, hitting all of the face buttons as well as wiggling the hell out of the c stick.

I managed to continuously pop out of the tornado before the last hit, even when the MK was mashing b as fast as they could.

So, look into this. See how mashing random buttons helps you get out of the tornado. It helped me where smash DI has failed me in the past. I had assumed the tornado was inescapable as Bowser, and then I find this out. TEST THIS TO CONFIRM IT.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord

that's actually quite ingenious.

.... And OMFG I might know what's happening.

See, the usual harm in using haphazard DI techniques is that you might actually use an attack, and then the opponent can exploit the fact it was probably a dumb attack, even if it hit them (in this game, without hit stun).
But Tornado is impenetrable as quantum/Borg shielding anyway, so flubbing an attack doesn't matter. MK is going to finish the attack, and he's going to suffer the same 27 (14? What's the constant?) frames of lag no matter what you do. What matters is not getting hit at the end of it, to try and get him in those 14 (27?) frames.

And speaking of no hitstun, that's my guess. What if Tornado actually has low hit stun... stupid small, small like Ganon's Up-B small? o_O

In that scenario, using an attack, during the minuscule time you have between hits, would still count as starting an attack, and then the way the Tornado behaves on you changes, because you are attacking.
The knockback power increases, and presto, you get an escape trajectory.

There's a counter hit multiplier for aerials, right? Or is it only charging a smash? I thought that's just an additional multiplier. I'm so wrong if that's not the case.

Superspright

Smash Lord
That makes a lot of sense--especially if the window is minuscule. You'd never really notice it. That sounds extremely plausible.

I am not sure about the multiplier though. So, this could be a dead-end. lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
**** wut happened to the chat it use to be alive... are people giving up on ganon or is it that once twilight prince went to college people just stopped going?
I stopped going to the chat because well, I dunno. I just forget to go to chatrooms in general. :(

I've never really given up on Ganondorf...except I honestly don't think I'm using him in tournament. Maybe I can get away with him in low tiers though.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Ummm... this was just discovered now?

I remember the first time I used MK on my friend's Diddy after having visited Smashboards, he made a big show that good old fashioned mashing random buttons would get him out of my fancy internet techniques (He lost, pretty badly, but he did break out of Tornado pretty consistently, though admitedly I wasn't as good then as I am now (Though admitedly, I'm still pretty bad.).).

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well, just came back from HOBO 19, used solo Ganon for all low tier events.

In Low Tier Singles I got 13th, losing to a Mario and Pokemon Trainer, the latter super close, the former less so. In Low Tier Doubles I got 5th with a Yoshi Partner, got pwned by Xyro/LeeMartin and had some close-ish matches with Inui and Vex. Good times, I love Ganon.

We also had our own version of Super Ganon Fun Time XD

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Just looked at Ganon.

...Every single move causes your controller to rumble in varying strengths. Even his landing animation has a rumble. I think his fsmash has like the max rumble

Ganon's new title is the Shakemaster.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey Ray, I want to play you on Wifi. Imagine if our connection is actually good, omfg.

Strange question: How would you have practice brawling Links?

Just looked at Ganon.

...Every single move causes your controller to rumble in varying strengths. Even his landing animation has a rumble. I think his fsmash has like the max rumble

Ganon's new title is the Shakemaster.
You know I had forgotten there was rumble in this game.

I was reminded when I set up a new control scheme - tap jump off + other technical details for effective Link play - and my controller started rumbling.

I find I can't play with rumble now. 9_9

It's hopeless to deal with Ganon's rumbles. :upsidedown:

Kitamerby's a cool guy, eh rides fsmashes and doesn't afraid of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom