• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Don't you have to be a girl to be a feminist? Everyone knows there are no girls on the internet, much less girls that play a character renowned for manliness and large testes.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
In other news:

I played FonZ at VG. He's cool guy. Our Ganon dittos were even, and his brother, Nope, just outright ***** my Ganon.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Don't you have to be a girl to be a feminist? Everyone knows there are no girls on the internet, much less girls that play a character renowned for manliness and large testes.
This didn't really accomplish much humour.

The only hint that it is a joke is your plain avoidance of the matter of the SniperNightOwl, of whom we know you have direct evidence.

For any ignorant persons reading at this point, you don't have to be a woman to be a feminist. You just have to acknowledge that women are shortchanged, second-class citizens to whom unfair rules (explicit or otherwise) apply, and that to achieve equality, something (affirmative) usually has to be done.

Although, I don't think the concubine comment did any damage to women.
The tip about DLA's shades probably does, though.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Feminism is actually more about equal rights for all genders, not just women.

/themoreyouknow

@HomE

Smash Ace
Being a girl has its advantages and disadvantages... These days most everything is just about even..

It's getting harder and harder to be a white male in America these days...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So what Ganondorf is coming to WHOBO 2 in April? I want to find a Ganon partner for Low Tier doubles since Vex ditched the tournament :(

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Being a girl has its advantages and disadvantages... These days most everything is just about even..

Pretty much. It's virtually impossible to say anything about any possible minority, good or bad. Say something good, and people think you expect them to be bad and that's why you're commenting on it. Mention the bad, and you're racist/sexist. Oh well. Even when a pattern is noticed and verified by statistics, if you mention it you're racist.

Oh well.

:034:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Feminism is actually more about equal rights for all minorites, not just women.

/themoreyouknow
fixed. Trust me I know this I had to endure a whole semester of women's studies.

Yeah. Like I can sexually harass any male I want and they'll all be like "**** yes!!!" But if a man sexually harasses me they get a lawsuit. lololol double standard :lick:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
ROB's nair really isn't very good at all, I don't know why you're still stuck on that move, Ray. Bair and fair + ROB's tilts are MUCH more annoying for Ganondorf than his nair is.

ROBs nair is slow enough to where, if you are both airborne and within reach of each other, if he tries to start it, he will never be able to beat Ganon's upair/nair/bair. His airspeed is also pretty subpar, meaning we can keep up with him. Additionally, if he nairs your shield, you have enough time to jab him (a punish is a punish for us), and you have even more options should you powershield it (again, easy b/c it is slow). Really, if you're going to be hellbent on choosing a move of ROB's that's to shut us down, pick a better one.
Since you're seemingly repeating what I already answered, I won't repeat myself.

Facts are undisputable truths which cannot be challenged. You or I cannot challenge when a certain move comes out, how much range it has, etc. You may be able to use my own facts against me, but they are still infinitely better than opinions, because if we ever reach a truth stemming from these facts, they are based on irrefutable evidence.
Yes, I know what facts are. I wasn't challenging them. The facts you've stated were just a bunch of the obvious which were already known, you going over them doesn't prove your point any more than it does mine.

Doesn't make your statement any less wrong.
Let's read over what I said:

UAir and BAir are slower than reaction time when done on the ground.

This statment isn't "wrong".

If Ganondorf decides to jump, he has all of his aerial options available to him. He isn't forced to use Uair or Bair immediately after he jumps, he can use those options any time he wants.
Your opponent cannot possibly shield a rising Uair or Bair on reaction because he cannot be sure that Ganondorf is going to use Uair or Bair after he jumps; he has to anticipate that Ganondorf is going to use Uair or Bair and react based on his guess.
This is very situational. Faster than "reaction" moves are moves which can punish, either OoS or normally, quick enough before a human's reaction time. If you whiff out Falcon's jab in proper position, chances are you will hit with it. Ganon's faster than reaction moves (grab, BAir, and UAir) are all very situational. For Ganon to use his UAir/Bair, not only does he have to be in the air in vulnerable postion, but he also has to be in proper position to make sure the move hits.

I'm saying that when it comes to playing defensively and camping, Olimar is the only character that has the tools to beat all of Ganondorf's approach options 100% of the time. The disjointedness of Olimar's Usmash beats all of Ganondorf's aerial options, his pivot grab and shield camping beat all of his grounded approach options, and Ganondorf's mid-range game and sense of spacing are completely destroyed by Olimar's disjoints and small size. No other character can boast this ability.
If every character reacted to everything Ganon does, they would also beat Ganondorf's approach options 100% of the time. Olimar just does what they can do, but better.

I was referring to 'the rest of the cast'
Makes sense.

Because you apparently didn't get this the first time, I'm going to quote exactly what you said again:

Nothing in this sentence refers to 'out of grab reach.' The space you're talking about is the space at the limit of Olimar's grab range. Olimar's F-smash has the same range as his grab, so when Ganon lands on the ground, just near Olimar's grab reach, you're implying that the only option Olimar has at this range is to attempt a grab, but he can throw out a F-smash instead, and good luck shieldgrabbing that, since Olimar's grab range >>>>>> Ganondorf's.

Again. Seriously.
You're the one not 'getting it', Clai. What I basically implied was "avoid Olimar's grab by staying at the tip of his grab reach." Whether Olimar's FSmash does or does not have the same amount of range as his grab doesn't make my statment wrong. Also, Olimar's grab includes his dash grab.

Characters that try to play the exact way as Olimar would just be an inferior Olimar. They don't have the range or disjointedness that Olimar has. Besides, for some characters, it's superior to just get inside close-combat range and just beat Ganon senselessly, since their close-range combat abilities are a lot better than their mid-range combat abilities where spacing and challenging approaches come into play.
All of Ganondorf's moves could be avoided on reaction by every character in this game, even Ganon himself. No other character has to play "exactly" like Olimar.

At some point, Ganondorf has to, well, try and hit Olimar, and Olimar's mid-range options don't just challenge Ganondorf's mid-range options, they outright dominate Ganon's.
Ganondorf will get opportunities to strike Olimar. Obviously not much, but he will.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Perfect example of the tough life I lead as a white male in America... *sigh*
^this

Especially if you're freakishly tall like me and are as white as my avatar...but without the awesome hair.

Wait....I just described me....dam* :(

@HomE

Smash Ace
@Divilenta: Yea, i feel your pain I'm 6'2, white as cotton, and can fit into a girls size 0 - 2 pants (Don't ask how i know this). If i had t!ts, i would be a millionaire by now...

@Kalm: I was talking about America.... Canadia is a whole different story, don't you guys still have slaves?

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
@Divilenta: Yea, i feel your pain I'm 6'2, white as cotton, and can fit into a girls size 0 - 2 pants (Don't ask how i know this). If i had ****, i would be a millionaire by now...

@Kalm: I was talking about America.... Canadia is a whole different story, don't you guys still have slaves?
Yeah, I'm 6'5", so white I can't tan, etc. I can't fit in 0-2 pants...mostly because I have thunder thighs and huuuuge hips...which contributes to me having a different problem entirely.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Perfect example of the tough life I lead as a white male in America... *sigh*
yeah i feel sorry for legit guys sometimes
not that they exist...
. BTW I got a capture card and i got rid of all my old bad quality ****. Would you like me to re-upload your old Ganondorf videos. I have texture hacks and amazing quality now.

this is my kirby offline. check out the quality:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=75EF8329C990C436

edit: wtf how did i double post. My bad :(

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
In other news:

I played FonZ at VG. He's cool guy. Our Ganon dittos were even, and his brother, Nope, just outright ***** my Ganon.
FonZ is weaksauce for bailing out on our plans to Ganon ditto in Saturday's Viridian City Tournament, which I am still attending (come to this, Ganon mains! East Coast is the Beast Coast!).

Instead I'll spend the time figuring out how to beat Vex's new Pit aircamping with Ganon. Eight minutes of chasing Pit around the stage. I'm going to like this.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
imma go ganon offline on friday when my bf comes over. If my Jigglypuff can do it why not Ganon? He's just three spots lower on the list (or is it two im too lazy to look), it ain't nothing. So he uses Lucas.
How ****ed am I?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Barring some miracle in which I inherit millions of dollars with which to pay off all my debts and live comfortably for score years, I'm resigning from Brawl indefinitely.

Playing it upsets me and I can't get better. I can't go to tourneys, or travel to play casuals. Wifi is ****.

I decided it's best if I don't linger around being attached to any of the stuff associated with it, either. I made that mistake with Magic and now I pretty much have my liver and larynx on bypass at MTGSalvation.

You guys are the most (only) important community of actual friends here, so I'm saying farewell to you. Everyone else just gets abrupt silence.

Good bye.

If I come back to even read your responses to this post, I have failed in my goals. No offense meant. Make Ganon great.

Murder

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Barring some miracle in which I inherit millions of dollars with which to pay off all my debts and live comfortably for score years, I'm resigning from Brawl indefinitely.

Playing it upsets me and I can't get better. I can't go to tourneys, or travel to play casuals. Wifi is ****.

I decided it's best if I don't linger around being attached to any of the stuff associated with it, either. I made that mistake with Magic and now I pretty much have my liver and larynx on bypass at MTGSalvation.

You guys are the most (only) important community of actual friends here, so I'm saying farewell to you. Everyone else just gets abrupt silence.

Good bye.

If I come back to even read your responses to this post, I have failed in my goals. No offense meant. Make Ganon great.

Murder
Goodbye, Gleam.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779

Good bye.

Murder
I don't blame you one bit. If all you got to play is wifi that sucks ***. I quit wifi, because it got to a point where it wasn't doing anything for me. Offline is totally different and more fun (not to mention a real reflection of skill, not "who can adapt better to input lag" test. **** that!) Sucks there's no one around to play with you. I understand how that goes. Hell my boyfriend lives a solid half hour from me, I have to practically import him :lick::dizzy:

@HomE

Smash Ace
yea wtf... 30 minutes is like a fast commute to work for anyone over the age of 21.... My normal drive to work every day is like 20 - 25 minutes... that twice a day... If it snows while I'm at work it turns into a 2 hours drive home... Does no one else have a car?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I can't drive since I don't have a license.

I am reeeeealy limited in terms of transportation options. If I wasn't, I would be going to more tournaments definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom