• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I can't drive since I don't have a license.

I am reeeeealy limited in terms of transportation options. If I wasn't, I would be going to more tournaments definitely.
Yeah I don't have a license either. :[

I actually haven't entered in any tournaments...mostly because the nearest place that *might* have them is 40 miles away...yeah. Plus I don't think I'm good enough for tourney level because the best players I can play against offline right now are CPUs. :\

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
yea wtf... 30 minutes is like a fast commute to work for anyone over the age of 21.... My normal drive to work every day is like 20 - 25 minutes... that twice a day... If it snows while I'm at work it turns into a 2 hours drive home... Does no one else have a car?
Sadly, my paycheck goes directly into rent and bills... I need to find a second one, because I could really use a car.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I am... I ride the bus, and make jack-**** per year (Probably like 11k per year?). Ah well... temporary **** jobs... You have to go through them to get something better...

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Soooo I had the worst day ever today. Does this thread come with a bar because I think I might need a shot...screw drinking laws. :\

Breezy

Smash Ace
I can't drive since I don't have a license.

I am reeeeealy limited in terms of transportation options. If I wasn't, I would be going to more tournaments definitely.
Bus, bike, walk, rides from other smashers.
I don't drive but I'm one of the most active smashers in my state.

@HomE

Smash Ace
**** DLA, i just watched those matches (all 5) vs Box7, and you impress me more and more every time i see your Ganon. You really ***** hard in those matches and Mario can be huge **** to Ganon.

Kudos

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm not trying to downgrade DLA or anything, but Mario's probably our easiest match-up. His range & priority are horrible in comparison to Ganon's, and the fact that he almost always has to be in the air makes our UAir extra abusive. You never have to commit to CQC because Mario has nothing that forces Ganon to approach. Even in CQC, if you stay out of Mario's grab range, you have nothing to worry about. Off-stage, you can just use tipman to gimp Mario and beat him in priority. For a short & air character, flame choke is pretty easy to land on him, which you can fetch some extra percent out of. His rolls and get-up attack are extremely easily chokeable. Dash attack beats about 9/10th of Mario's moves and kills him just below 100%. Most of Mario's KOs rely on setups, which are fairly easy to see coming, and won't kill you till 140%+ with proper DI. You should never get hit by Mario's FSmash, hell, if you see it coming, flame choke can both avoid & punish it.

He's not that hard of a match at all.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to downgrade DLA or anything, but Mario's probably our easiest match-up. His range & priority are horrible in comparison to Ganon's, and the fact that he almost always has to be in the air makes our UAir extra abusive. You never have to commit to CQC because Mario has nothing that forces Ganon to approach. Even in CQC, if you stay out of Mario's grab range, you have nothing to worry about. Off-stage, you can just use tipman to gimp Mario and beat him in priority. For a short & air character, flame choke is pretty easy to land on him, which you can fetch some extra percent out of. His rolls and get-up attack are extremely easily chokeable. Dash attack beats about 9/10th of Mario's moves and kills him just below 100%. Most of Mario's KOs rely on setups, which are fairly easy to see coming, and won't kill you till 140%+ with proper DI. You should never get hit by Mario's FSmash, hell, if you see it coming, flame choke can both avoid & punish it.

He's not that hard of a match at all.
Yes he is

/10

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Oh right... I forgot that you've never heard of "power shielding", having "more priority", or just simply "walking away" before.

To think you've gimped a Samus.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, I HAVE, that's the thing. Your stupid retorts don't apply to me, b/c I'm GOOD at this game, and thus DO everything you bring up as a counterargument to most points.

You can't powershield all of Mario's fireballs perfectly b/c he can shoot them very fast, and every time you mess up/mistime it, your shield starts shrinking and then you can get poked or hit by almost anything, not to mention you're going to run out of stage eventually. Being near the edge against Mario is just asking to get destroyed and gimped.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Kalm stop contradicting yourself, you set the Mario - Ganon match to 65-35.

You just enjoy disagreeing with people, and thats fine, but your arguments are riddled with fallacies...

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Considering how inerudite your suppositions are, doesn't seem like it.

Mario's fireball are fairly easy to powershield, and you could powershield them one after another since the frames inbetween the start-up give you enough time. Fireballs might come at you from other angels, and bring themselves closer to each other, but these can be dealt with by either a.) rollling/moving away, or b.) putting your shield up and then anticipating what Mario's next follow up will be.

Also, you've only responded to the powershielding section of my post, did you not have a respond for the other two facts I've mentioned?

@Home, I haven't touched the match-up chart in a while. As time passes brawl's metagame will evolve and lead to different assumptions for different people.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
OMG!

WE ARE NOT STARTING AN ARGUMENT ON THE MARIO MATCHUP!

I'M DONE READING THESE HUGE POINTLESS BLOCKS OF TEXT.

Ahem. Thank you for the compliments guys :p

BTW Kalm... Mario's edgeguarding abilities are what make the matchup so difficult. If he didn't have the cape, he would be pretty much even with Ganon IMO. But with most Marios I fight, I get edgeguarded or edgehogged for about 3/4 of my deaths.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
OMG!

WE ARE NOT STARTING AN ARGUMENT ON THE MARIO MATCHUP!

I'M DONE READING THESE HUGE POINTLESS BLOCKS OF TEXT.

Ahem. Thank you for the compliments guys :p

BTW Kalm... Mario's edgeguarding abilities are what make the matchup so difficult. If he didn't have the cape, he would be pretty much even with Ganon IMO. But with most Marios I fight, I get edgeguarded or edgehogged for about 3/4 of my deaths.
Yep, but you also got to remember, edge guarding's really Mario's only viable way to kill you.

Anyways, I'll carry off.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I thought by Ganon's standards 65-35 is an amazing matchup.

No, but you can tell us about it.
Oh nothing really, I just get BS from a senior every day where he basically demeans my existence as a human. I almost punched him in the face yesterday...oh and let's not forget I'm 99.9% sure that he stole my 16 gig thumbdrive and I can't do a darn thing about it. :\

Oh and a girl I'm kinda into punched me 10 times and then snapped my pencil in half. So...yeah when I got home I just wanted to break down, cry, and fall asleep.

Manly? No.

And no it isn't exactly "dying of an incurable disease", "lost a family member", or "starving child in Africa" but it sucked horribly.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I thought by Ganon's standards 65-35 is an amazing matchup.

Oh nothing really, I just get BS from a senior every day where he basically demeans my existence as a human. I almost punched him in the face yesterday...oh and let's not forget I'm 99.9% sure that he stole my 16 gig thumbdrive and I can't do a darn thing about it. :\
I think you should hire some mercenaries.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Good **** DLA. Saw those matches too (well, most of them). I found it funny how Bo just kept ADing into the ground next to you XD

Also, I'd def. say that at least CF and Puff are easier to fight than Mario, but that's just me (As for fireballs, they aren't hard to beat, but they force a reaction. If Mario follows the fireballs, he can punish the reaction, or attempt to. He also can combo Ganon pretty hard, and if he doesn't stale out his few kill moves, can kill Ganon at decent %s.).

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
My friend is a senior in high school but has always been kinda scrawny. And a couple weeks ago he pissed off this freshman girl, and she slapped him and it knocked him out right away. It was all on video and the cops want him to press charges.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I'm 15 (turning 16 soon mind you >:O) and she's only a bit older. And I threw the pencil at a guy in my class and it missed and hit her leg.
So... you have the balls to throw something at someone and you don't have those same balls to repel this aggressive female? She would've got Warlocke Punched. Back when I was around your age(I'm not even 20, yet, lol.) I was told that I couldn't let girls hit me anymore, simply because I would always come home with some new scratch or something. So... my mom said, to start punching *****es back, which is what I did. They never touched me, again.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
So she punched you 10 times? Dang... into the crazy sadists.
Yeah I guess it comes with being a complete Wuss. :p

So... you have the balls to throw something at someone and you don't have those same balls to repel this aggressive female? She would've got Warlocke Punched. Back when I was around your age(I'm not even 20, yet, lol.) I was told that I couldn't let girls hit me anymore, simply because I would always come home with some new scratch or something. So... my mom said, to start punching *****es back, which is what I did. They never touched me, again.
The guy was a friend of mine and I knew he wouldn't care. We do that kind of thing all the time. Also no matter how vicious girls can get I don't hit back...just because it just seems wrong...even though they could probably floor me with no effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom