• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Lol, I broke a Falco and a Snake's shield in the tourney before last that I went to.
I did it by just spamming stomps and scaring 'em too.

:034:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
lol, I've broken Kalm's shield twice by spamming dash attack after he shielded a stomp. Silly wifi mindgames lol.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Oh my, shieldbreaks. I am pleased with you Ganons. My shieldbreak was actually completely unexpected on my part. The opponent I was facing was side-step happy so there was a moment when he was near the ledge so I charged an F-smash, predicted him to side-step. He just stood there though holding his shield and the F-smash just decimated it. I have a fetish kinda for shieldbreaks.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Whenever they don't ps my utilt I try to buffer a dash attack if they don't get pushed backward--usually that can net a shield break if they hang out in it. Or maybe a wizkick?

I have been messing with utilt a lot, and I keep getting random kills with it.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The "Best color" Ganon awards seem a bit redundant now since the "Lords of Evil" tier and above feature only a single Ganon of each color.

PX, I'm happy for you, but I don't consider you a part of the actual tier list. >.>

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Feels very awkward giving an introduction when I've probably already given one somewhere here. But, might as well for posterity. :U

My name is *looks up* Vermanubis. I've been playing Brawl since launch, but only started seriously playing/learning around late June of '09. Wasn't until mid-September that I decided to main Ganondorf. I use Standardorf. I'd always used him as a distant second, though, I never dedicated a lot of time to learning a whole lot with him. Needless to say in these past few months, maining him has made me a better player than I ever imagined. Despite my short time with him, I can't imagine using anyone else.

Though I used SWF to learn the ins and outs of Ganon, I tend to stick around AiB for the most part. I've never been to an IRL tourney due to lack of resources and a remote region, but I don't believe this has adversely affected me as a player. But I can say that this is a major contributing factor as to why I don't attend SWF very heavily, as it seems players who don't attend tourneys regularly aren't taken seriously. That being said, I'm more than willing to prove my aptitude to a level contrary to what my tournament habits suggest.

In spite of all this, I'm glad I switched to Ganondorf and I look forward to seeing how far I can go with him.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Hey Verm! I played your Ganon. He pretty sexy. I'm SPrinkZ on AiB. I did warlock punch you though I think. >.> Which was lulzy.

Wifi is a lot different--and I think the ditto can be played differently offline. It is harder to buffer and react online. x.x

noradseven

Smash Lord
Hey Verm, this is how you play ganon its just like how kurodo plays Q by being awesome and mindgaming the **** out of ppl, and playing defensive, and backing up alot ITS IMPORTANT.

Reference.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoqMu-l1OzI
Also yes Q is total *** in that game and Ken is top tier, and this is a major tourney lol. Its cause kurodo is good and its third strike not brawl.

Also the moment you blame ganon for your loss is the moment you stop being a ganon main.

also anyone who claims they are good at ganon based off online battles is blowing out there ***

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey Verm, this is how you play ganon its just like how kurodo plays Q by being awesome and mindgaming the **** out of ppl, and playing defensive, and backing up alot ITS IMPORTANT.

Reference.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoqMu-l1OzI
Also yes Q is total *** in that game and Ken is top tier, and this is a major tourney lol. Its cause kurodo is good and its third strike not brawl.

Also the moment you blame ganon for your loss is the moment you stop being a ganon main.

also anyone who claims they are good at ganon based off online battles is blowing out there ***
Thanks, Norad, but despite my fairly short timing using Ganon, I still have four months under my belt and am confident to a fairly high degree in my abilities as the Dorf. :p

As for being a good online Ganon, I disagree. I'm strictly online, but I maintain an immaculate connection with most people I play due to mid to northern east coast area restrictions. This being said, I can safely say that online play hasn't made me a "WiFi" player. My AiB profile can attest to this. http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Vermanubis.ai

But I thank you for the advice, but I assure you I'm a competent, capable Ganondorf who isn't just blowing out his ***. :p

Superspright

Smash Lord
Nah, Verm is actually good. I wouldn't say he's the best Ganon I've played online. I think I might give that to DLA. If that really was him, because he two stocked me nearly every match. I think I beat him the first match, and then he murdered me the entire time.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey Verm! I played your Ganon. He pretty sexy. I'm SPrinkZ on AiB. I did warlock punch you though I think. >.> Which was lulzy.

Wifi is a lot different--and I think the ditto can be played differently offline. It is harder to buffer and react online. x.x
Thanks, Sprink. The second statement is also true. It's the main reason I avoid dittoing.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I wasn't accusing him, and im not saying playing online or something instantly makes you a bad player, just saying that ppl that base things off of online experiance shouldn't be trusted, ya get alot of that in forums these days, its p. bad in some parts of smashboards.

dittoing rules so hard, but in all seriousness I can't play ganon at all online, hilariously enough I can play sonic/falcon/shiek/marth sortof okay, lol memorized inputs.

Whatever I can't really play anyone online the inablitity to react to moves with a decent startup bothers me to no end, its like playing chess, but you don't know what your oppenents last move was.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Seriously.

I wonder how good Ganon would be with a crawl. A crawl lets you move backwards without turning around or jumping. Ganon's actual crouch is almost completely useless, except as a trick against Marths and Meta Knights, but it doesn't save the matchup or anything.

If his 'crouch' just changed his state to one which let him "crawl," (but he just hunched a bit), that'd be freaking cool. He could move back and space dtilts.
And, you know, avoid mines on BF's platforms. >______________________>

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
- A crawl would be pretty sweet.
After stomping people at like 0%, you'd be able to duck under their Nair Counter Attempts.
If they choose Nair over Airdodging, that is.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
you don't "do" tourneys? what does that mean, they're against your principles? Hmmmmm, I like how you think.

As a ganon main, I am anti-tourney.

Kishin

Smash Ace
You can crouch to mindgame people into thinking that you're going to use a down-b or d-tilt.

*Opponent is in range for a spaced D-tilt*
*Opponent holds shield*
*Ganon crouches*
*Opponent side-steps*
*Ganon d-tilts -hit*

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I'll be sending my computer away to get new parts.

Should be about a week.

It's too much of a hassle to put my login data on another terminal. :\

Murder
:034:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
You can crouch to mindgame people into thinking that you're going to use a down-b or d-tilt.

*Opponent is in range for a spaced D-tilt*
*Opponent holds shield*
*Ganon crouches*
*Opponent side-steps*
*Ganon d-tilts -hit*
Seriously, Ganon's Body Language can many times give you the upper hand.
Look how Kosk just 'walks' up to the opponent every now and then.
That way you're telling your opponent: "I'm comming for you, not vice versa"

Crounching with Ganon is like saying: "I'm gonna attack , and you're gonna defend!"
Mindgamez ~

Tell your opponent who's in charge, who's boss and who's gonna get *****.
If you manage to put this into your opponents head, your 'Dorf gets scary and effective.

NOTE: Don't absuse these tactics. There has to be a balance.
If you're overdoing it, the opponent will feel it and **** the **** out of you.
Play smart, not dumb.

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
That's really confusing Z1GMA.... But if there was any character in this game capable of psychological warfare, I guess it would be Ganon. I'm gonna try it out.

Although I hate getting hit out of my crouch. The only thing that saves me from a hit is good DI, and crouching ruins that. It's sooooo easy to edgeguard a ganon that just got caught in bad DI and hit off the stage.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Well, he's not 'the' best character when it comes to psychological warfare.
But he's among the characters that gets the most out of it when it's successful.
Too bad he has no Jab Cancel.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
1: Doc - MK, Diddy
2: TO Joe - MK
3: KingAce - MK
4: Mikey - MK, Snake, Dedede, Falco
5: Minus - Falco
5: Hype - MK
7: RayKalm - Ganon
7: Cruxis - Snake
9: Nickcam - DK, Wario
9: SRTM - Diddy
9: Fool - Falco
9: Iliad - Marth, Falco
13: Jiggs - Toon Link
13: Gi - ROB, Wario
13: RyanFW - ZSS
13: Buenob - ROB
17: Wolfblade - Lucario
17: JNO - Kirby
17: Tinman - Olimar, ROB
17: Akariss - Peach
17: Dimmy - MK
17: Decoy - Snake
17: Infzy - Sonic
17: Inle - Marth
25: Distructo - Toon Link
25: Sauc3 - ICs, MK
25: Logan - Snake
25: F1ZZ - Lucario
25: Blitz - ?
25: I337 - DK?
25: Mak - Snake, Marth
25: Carter - Pikachu
Been to another tournament yesterday, where a total of 52 people had entered. Had to take Ganon through pools, and then against some of the top ranked players in Canada.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
I HAD to ask this sometime... When I'm playing, I feel the compulsion to go and attack my opponent, but I know I can't do that, cause Ganon doesn't hit, he kills after a failed hit attempt.

Can someone give some kind of tip on constolling this compulsivety? <(
It's really ruining my entire game. =(

BTW, Kalm is just too good... =( I wish I were like him and the others. =/

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Been to another tournament yesterday, where a total of 52 people had entered. Had to take Ganon through pools, and then against some of the top ranked players in Canada.
Only MKs, Snakes, Warios, Falcos and Diddys in the Top Placings...
...Then we have Kalm's Ganon up there, too.
How awesome is that?

You're the man, Kalm.

And you better bring us some replays if it's possible.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
kalm.. it must've been so hard going ganon all the way... but wow you still came up 7th..

u must be really smart

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Only MKs, Snakes, Warios, Falcos and Diddys in the Top Placings...
...Then we have Kalm's Ganon up there, too.
How awesome is that?

You're the man, Kalm.

And you better bring us some replays if it's possible.
^this

10this

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well, it says to post if you're a Ganon.
Disregard whatever my sig says I'm maining other than Ganon. My other "main" is just who I play when I'm bored. Mostly because most of my friends play characters named Ice Climbers, Marth, or Pit, and the like.
Only other character I play with any regularity is Ness.

I'm a fairly terribly Ganondorf atm, mostly as I'm out of practice.

Expect me to end up low on that list.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Jiggs - Toon Link

Excellent work, Ray Kalm.

I HAD to ask this sometime... When I'm playing, I feel the compulsion to go and attack my opponent, but I know I can't do that, cause Ganon doesn't hit, he kills after a failed hit attempt.

Can someone give some kind of tip on constolling this compulsivety? <(
It's really ruining my entire game. =(

BTW, Kalm is just too good... =( I wish I were like him and the others. =/
It depends on what you mean by 'attacking the opponent.' Most of Ganon's aerials are good for general attacking and you won't get punished too hard for throwing them out there unless you're approaching with Thunderstorms or something. Not being compulsive is an excellent virtue to have, and the only way to really kick the habit is to play opponents that punish your attempts. You essentially have to be scared into playing defensively when your opponent is trying to bait you into attacking.

It's also good to mix up between low-startup attacks, high-startup attacks (like F-smash) and Flame Choke. That way you can concentrate on which attack you use and not have every option beaten by shielding or dodging.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Use more N-air guys.

Seriously, this move is awesome. Breaks combos, a good aerial mixup when spaced correctly after doing something like fullhop U-air/B-air. Starts juggles. Good edgeguard. 2nd hit starts even more juggles especially if you knock them off the top platform of BF.

It would be godly if it had half the landing lag...unfortunately, it's merely awesome.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Use more N-air guys.

Seriously, this move is awesome. Breaks combos, a good aerial mixup when spaced correctly after doing something like fullhop U-air/B-air. Starts juggles. Good edgeguard. 2nd hit starts even more juggles especially if you knock them off the top platform of BF.

It would be godly if it had half the landing lag...unfortunately, it's merely awesome.
Breaks combos, yes, but I'd appreciate if it had "half the landing lag".
'Cause if your opponent predicts your Nair Counter Attempt, you're easily punished.

I love Nair off stage, though.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Use more N-air guys.

We do use it a lot. We're suppose to if we ever plan on breaking out of combos. Sad part is, good players know how to bait & punish the duration/lag of NAirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom