• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
How are you guys changing your names? I WANT TO KNOW!!! Changing names is srs business.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Balls about name changing.

Hey, how high do you have to be off the ground for Olimar's Pikmans not to grab you?

Also, I've found a mobility tech for Ganondorf. It's an extension of something we have but for some reason it's not written anywhere. The most relevant thing about it has got to be that it gives him standing grab range.
Additionally, it may be even better than I can confirm, because my controller is busted.

So, just a question: Can you guys walk right out of a crouch as Ganon? I know Ness can do it. I thought every character without a crawl could do it, although I have ambiguous testing with Marth. (This isn't the tech. This is the extension of the tech.)

And someone go to the Techs list thread! I have the last post there and want feedback.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Ganon's wizkick floats over Olimar's grabs. Aerudos also work (not sure if it works when buffered).

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I dunno what your're getting at, here.
Okay, at least Ness is able to walk straight out of his crouch without standing up. He just *is* walking the frame he is no longer crouching. All you do is curl the control stick up to the side. Don't even think about it too hard; just imagine "crouch -> walk" and it should happen.

I found it while screwing with crouch taunting. Using this tech, you can speed up crouch taunting, and change its appearance (because half of the usual motion isn't there). It makes Ness look like the .gif someone did up where he's moshing. O_O

I don't know if anyone else can do it though. I didn't check anyone that I remember. And because my controller is broken, I can't test myself now.

About Olimar... if we can Aerudo right over Pikmanz, even if he Reverse Pivot Grabs, why is the matchup impossible? If he Throws Pikmin, corner him. If he attacks, kill the Pikmin. If he grabs, Aerudo. And if he gets defensive, murder him.
Probably want to use a slowed run to get up to him.

If he starts using aerials, then. . . holy ****, you're actually playing Brawl vs. Olimar.
:O

:034:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
The matchup isn't impossible. The Ganon boards are too pessimistic with the numbers in general imo.

Olimar's grabs have very little lag when you take into account the insane reach and hitbox duration his grabs have. You can't aerudo on reaction to his grabs since the aerudo takes 19 frames to start after your jump. It can definitely take them by surprise but unless done in advance it's not gonna be guaranteed. His dash grab might have enough lag to aerudo on reaction before he can counter it though.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
The matchup isn't impossible. The Ganon boards are too pessimistic with the numbers in general imo.
This. I think the ability to pretty much get a instant death on olimar at like 50-80% depending on your positioning would make the match up better.

It's pretty punishable, but I usually end up using wizkick more in this match up than in any other. Maybe if you've got the side B lag, it'd be a lot safer to use aerudos.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Wow 1:30 in Untouchable is even better than the Wargasm combo. It's kinda weird hearing the Evangelion OP song in a German combo vid lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Am I the only person that wasn't all that impressed by Untouchable? :\

My favorite clips in that were stRIP's and Tham's... sad when two low tiers steal the show, I think :p

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Am I the only person that wasn't all that impressed by Untouchable? :\

My favorite clips in that were stRIP's and Tham's... sad when two low tiers steal the show, I think :p
I thought, in addition to those two, that the Samus player was very good. Personally, I hate watching upper tier characters play. Metaknight, Marth, and Falco especially. It's too boring. Snake is a bit better to watch, but there's nothing like watching a Samus, Ganon, Falcon, Jiggz, or Link utterly destroy another player.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Yeah, Meta Knight is a yawn, but Marth and Falco combos are hype. I mean come on, sourspot/sweetspot chains to spike? Techchases? Shieldbreakers?

And Falco just exudes stylishness. I only quit him because... his taunts suck. I found I play this game, honestly, to push [d]. :laugh:

Samus comboz though, above all, are the shiz. Falcon combos are hype but Falcon frankly has the tools to make combos happen if he gets going. Samus combos are always creative and getting in that damage, 60, 70, maybe even 80 percent is what makes her so freaking deadly.

Oh, and I like this trailer more than UnTouchAble.

Now I need to find some Olimar wifi players to try that matchup.
And why no interest in my mobility tech?

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Are you sure Ganon's Wizkick can go over Olimar's grab? I could have sworn that Olimar can grab you during your Wizard Kick. I don't know, there's no way I'm bothering to fight Olimar with Ganon anyway.

I think Olimar is absolutely unwinnable because between his size and mobility and the speed of his grabs, Ganon has no way of even touching Olimar. Olimar can grab you out of anything Ganon can do (that is assuming his grabs work against Wizkick too, because I really do think this is the case) and if Ganon can even get within Olimar's grab range without getting grabbed, Olimar's quick smashes just send Ganon right back out again. You pretty much cannot touch Olimar. At all. It's too stupid to continue discussing.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Because it doesn't seem like it's that useful. Walking out of a crouch? What's that going to do for Ganon?
*sigh*

I wondered if this confusion would happen.

THAT'S NOT THE TECH. That's a possible extension of the tech.

I haven't said what the mobility tech is.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Okay...but I don't really know whether Ganon can walk out of a crouch. I suppose that since he doesn't crawl, he can, but I still don't see how he has a tech here unless you're going to suggest something like shellshifting.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Even if Oli's regular grab didn't work against Wizkick, his pivot grab would b/c of the additional vertical grab box.
Wizkick actually floats over his pivot grab too. I just tried it against his blue pikmin pivot grab. Aerudo also goes over his grabs. If you buffer the aerudo it will be too low to go over his grab though.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wizkick actually floats over his pivot grab too. I just tried it against his blue pikmin pivot grab. Aerudo also goes over his grabs. If you buffer the aerudo it will be too low to go over his grab though.
That's pretty good to know... shame the Oli will always be running away and won't really give us the chance to hit with it :(

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Are you sure Ganon's Wizkick can go over Olimar's grab? I could have sworn that Olimar can grab you during your Wizard Kick. I don't know, there's no way I'm bothering to fight Olimar with Ganon anyway.
Positive wizkick goes over his grab, just like bananas and mines. Did some testing and a lot of the duration of wizkick goes over Oli's grab. Even good Oli's will be using their grab quite a bit, and all it takes is that one wizkick and Ganon can use that shift in momentum to cause a lot of pain to Oli.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Positive wizkick goes over his grab, just like bananas and mines. Did some testing and a lot of the duration of wizkick goes over Oli's grab. Even good Oli's will be using their grab quite a bit, and all it takes is that one wizkick and Ganon can use that shift in momentum to cause a lot of pain to Oli.
There's also Wizkick's 16 frames of start-up time, and overall duration (which is alot). Olimar would most likely be able to escape before Wizkick even reaches him, or just beat it's start-up with a faster attack (almost everything he has).

I think Olimar is absolutely unwinnable because between his size and mobility and the speed of his grabs, Ganon has no way of even touching Olimar. Olimar can grab you out of anything Ganon can do (that is assuming his grabs work against Wizkick too, because I really do think this is the case) and if Ganon can even get within Olimar's grab range without getting grabbed, Olimar's quick smashes just send Ganon right back out again. You pretty much cannot touch Olimar. At all. It's too stupid to continue discussing.
Just to add on to that: All 3 of Olimar's smashes are safe on Ganon's shield, which is pretty gay considering how good they are. Wizkick gets out-beat in almost every occasion. But yeah, pretty much what you said.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
There's also Wizkick's 16 frames of start-up time, and overall duration (which is alot). Olimar would most likely be able to escape before Wizkick even reaches him, or just beat it's start-up with a faster attack (almost everything he has).

Just to add on to that: All 3 of Olimar's smashes are safe on Ganon's shield, which is pretty gay considering how good they are. Wizkick gets out-beat in almost every occasion. But yeah, pretty much what you said.
Usually, when grab and wizkick come out at the same time, wizkick wins before olimar regains control. Besides, if I am using wizkick, why would I want to use it right next to Olimar to allow faster shorter ranged moves to beat it out? I wouldn't do that against anyone, let alone Olimar, I would be spacing it.

Also, the only smash that flat out beats wizkick is u-smash. It either trades or goes over d-smash, and with f-smash you either plow right through the pikmin and punish Oli, or you do get hit. Also, just tested this, wizkick does clank with u-smash sometimes. If the Olimar mistimes the u-smash slightly, it either clanks or he gets hit.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Usually, when grab and wizkick come out at the same time, wizkick wins before olimar regains control. Besides, if I am using wizkick, why would I want to use it right next to Olimar to allow faster shorter ranged moves to beat it out? I wouldn't do that against anyone, let alone Olimar, I would be spacing it.
Well, like, not right next to Olimar...

but if I understand Olimar right, Wizkick should actually beat Oli's attacks. He has zero priority. We have crap priority. Olimar players say he literally has none.

The real threat to Wizkick is that Pikmin slow it down by getting hit. I need to confirm Pikmin Throw does as well.

Also, the only smash that flat out beats wizkick is u-smash. It either trades or goes over d-smash, and with f-smash you either plow right through the pikmin and punish Oli, or you do get hit. Also, just tested this, wizkick does clank with u-smash sometimes. If the Olimar mistimes the u-smash slightly, it either clanks or he gets hit.
. . . so what are you saying?

... and why are we discussing Olimar in the Social thread? Because we don't have a standing tactical thread, that's why.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
You should make one PK. I'm interested in the movement tech you talked about.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Kalm must of been feeling VERY generous saying im the best female Dorf. It clearly should be changed to "ONLY female dorf"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoj_vU5qz_w

granted, this dude couldn't beat my Kirby at all for like 7 matches in a row so I decieded to dumb it down a bit.

I get off to a decent start.. then i donno wtf happened. If I try to imploy any form of strategy, I get *****. As evident as I get pwn'd as I attempt to gimp at the end.

I deserve comic relief Ganon srsly. >.>;

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Well, like, not right next to Olimar...

but if I understand Olimar right, Wizkick should actually beat Oli's attacks. He has zero priority. We have crap priority. Olimar players say he literally has none.

The real threat to Wizkick is that Pikmin slow it down by getting hit. I need to confirm Pikmin Throw does as well.

. . . so what are you saying?

... and why are we discussing Olimar in the Social thread? Because we don't have a standing tactical thread, that's why.
Since when in the hell does Ganon have crap priority?

Pikmin slowing down Ganon's moves can be a blessing or a curse. If the olimar doesn't prepare exactly for it, he can be hit by a seriously durating hitbox.

Oh, Kalm was saying just how Oli's smashes pretty much **** wizkick, which I was pointing out isn't the case at all.

Yes...let's stop >.>. It sucks because DAD no longer has a big collaborative "throw around ideas" thread. Well he does, but he's not here. Now I just have to wait until Oli is discussed in the match up discussion.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hey Ganon Boards, I have made an admission somewhere, of which I don't want you to think I don't want you to be aware:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246602

I don't want to attract drama to it; I just ended up saying it elsewhere before I said it here. I just wanted to be clear, because you all mean too much to me.

What this means: No, I'm not going away. You won't notice any difference at all, really. I'm just going to playing like I don't main Ganon. But he is still the star void that inspires me. I will still sign with #34 (beside number 46, heh). I'll still think of here first about techs. I have even - yes, the phrase substitutions were more than jokes - taken up the Ganon as a personal god, in light of recent life events that have affected me and my future.

(don't worry, I promise I won't kill anyone)

so I've already failed at not attracting drama to this. You know, Poemdorf. >_>

... so ...

... a "my blessings" ("—in whatever that **** meant. . . :laugh:") would be welcomed, I figure. :046:

EDIT:
*~*~*~
Kalm must of been feeling VERY generous saying im the best female Dorf. It clearly should be changed to "ONLY female dorf"
Because the statement that you are the best female Dorf is contained in the statement that you're the only female Dorf, changing that for the sake of removing 'generosity' must mean that you find some negative attribution in the claim that you are alone among females in Ganon-use.

But such a statement is a claim about other persons than yourself (i.e., that they don't exist), which means you find it bad, in itself, to be alone, or unique, among female Ganon players.

. . . which means you secretly or unknowingly harbor the attitude of a conformist!

Q.E.D. :ganondorf:

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I thought it'd be worth mentioning in here that I landed a Warlock Punch on BetaZealot's Falco today the instant he messed up a short hop double laser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom