• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon's Beard - General. Social. Rankings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Smash Master
Aww, TP....
.... you're going to get to the end of the year and be like "... ****, why didn't I bring it? :confused: :("
My house is 1.5 miles from campus. If I change my mind, it won't exactly be a big deal. However, I'd be surprised if I changed my mind.

:034:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Jekyll my man, when do I get to see you again? When you get your hands on BBrawl Ganon, you're gonna start glowing with black fire and everybody gonna run from the room screaming. After what you came up with instantly when I showed you the changes I was testing way back at SLOTH, I'm scared what you're gonna do with the real deal.

Last night me and Big O were talking on IM and he proposed d-tilt to footstool chase. There's some mad stuff going on.
Have you seen the current Brawl+ Ganon? Like what the f*ck. I'm surprised he hasn't been classified as broken yet. U-tilt cancels ftw

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
It's awesome. Anytime after frame 31 and you can cancel it. That means you can cancel it even immediately after the explosion happens. I've been able to connect u-tilt>jab at 0% :p.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Brawl+ is 2 amazing. And Ganon 2 broken (inb4 GANNON-BANNED Discussion in B+...ok this will never happen, they just nerf chars around)

Im not playing him because it would make my brawl ganon worse.(is worse the right word here?dunno, i think you know what i mean)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
psshh, you should wait for the new AT almost every character can do...

and let's just say it gives jiggs a granted rest,

a ganon 0-death, a granted shield break with snake and muuuuuuuuuuuch more

;DDDD

seibrik found it out, i was the test dummy. :)
he'll release a video soon.
Brace yourself for the ****.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
He showed it off at a meet up at the local tech lounge. Everyone said its true but won't tell me what it is.

The question is, what AT in the world is going to give Ganon a 0 to death, an instant shield break with Snake, and a set up into rest with Jiggs?
It either has to be something to cancel into moves, or something that greatly increases movement. Either way, it looks like Seib is about to break and change the game of brawl forever.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
He showed it off at a meet up at the local tech lounge. Everyone said its true but won't tell me what it is.

The question is, what AT in the world is going to give Ganon a 0 to death, an instant shield break with Snake, and a set up into rest with Jiggs?
It either has to be something to cancel into moves, or something that greatly increases movement. Either way, it looks like Seib is about to break and change the game of brawl forever.
Sounds like an elaborate prank tbh. The only 0 to death I can think of is an extremely epic side b chain to kill move. Jiggs can Dair to rest already. Lol something makes me think it has to do with Dair's if it is real.

Smash Hero
I can't think of anything. But if this is true and also 100% working ALL the time... Then this might just be the big break we've been waiting for!

Also, if it's chainchoking I will be dissappointed

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No no guys, read again. Its an AT. Not a collection of things that work with different people. And you really don't have to worry about BS. Miami doesn't BS. You guys are lucky you are getting it at all. Susa was complaining to Afro yesterday about how Florida Snake's don't give up any of the information they already have, that the Snake boards find out months later. Seib is much looser though, and is giving us D3 the information that he has about our matchups and various other things. I think we all just got a **** load better, so much so I don't know if we have a bad matchup left hahahahaha. Wario went to like 65:35. (on the DDD boards though, not the ganon matchups)

Jonas

Smash Champion
So can I expect to see it in this thread when it is revealed? Cause I don't want to go through all of Smashboards to look for it :p
Maybe it will be in Competitive Brawl though :O

omg there's a girl named "Nabooru" in the chat. SEE?! I told u there are other girls who like Ganondorf!!!
All girls like Ganondorf <3

Smash Hero
No no guys, read again. Its an AT. Not a collection of things that work with different people. And you really don't have to worry about BS. Miami doesn't BS. You guys are lucky you are getting it at all. Susa was complaining to Afro yesterday about how Florida Snake's don't give up any of the information they already have, that the Snake boards find out months later. Seib is much looser though, and is giving us D3 the information that he has about our matchups and various other things. I think we all just got a **** load better, so much so I don't know if we have a bad matchup left hahahahaha. Wario went to like 65:35. (on the DDD boards though, not the ganon matchups)
Well, I'm excited. We're just a little skeptical because the last AT for us was a "chaingrab" that was disproven like... straight away.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Believing is hard for me. I need more proof. As in, y'know, facts.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I looked at the thread you made that post in and the context (you talking about a new AT for MK that doubles Dtilt range) makes me think that guy is just messing with you.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I expect a thread to be released, if not, I'll bring the link here personally. Don't worry, I want balance (yet I main D3? lolol what?) and technical skill to be passed around. Brawl is slowly heading in that direction. A marth beat down on a MK in a large French tournament about a week ago. He used the pivot walk too so there is a step towards tech skill. Then, Hylan found a set up into grabs, which will make it hell for MK in their matchup, making the current level of balance MK > ICs > Snake > MK with some other people poking their head in that trio like Falco, Wario, Diddy Kong, DDD, etc. Of course, this is all yet to be seen.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245462

I looked at the thread you made that post in and the context (you talking about a new AT for MK that doubles Dtilt range) makes me think that guy is just messing with you.
If you want to know what it is.

Set c-stick to attack. Hold forward while you hit down on the a-stick. It buffers a walk intbetween each dtilt that would other wise not be humanly possible. The only other charecters to get this kind of boost from this is Marth and Lucario.

Flatsoda ain't buggin me. And I ask Seib, and he says he knows what's up. We'll just have to see.

Like I said, Florida don't touch no bull.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ganon 0-death?
I'm pretty sure I've found the closest possible way(s) to 0-death with Ganon.
Sorry, I'm not buying this...

I hope you prove me wrong, though.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
oh yeah, and sorry to let everyone know, the video of my AT wont be up till tomorrow.

Now on to more important matters, without even seeing the AT, what should i name it?

best name will become the new name for it, unless u guys fail in which case it will be called DASC, which i will clear up later, that's the only clue im giving right now.

hahaha gl
An update from the man himself.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Down Air... Shield... Cancel...?
Dash Attack... Slide... Combo...?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I hope it's not just some situational 0-death-combo that we aleady know c_c

It'll most likely have something to do with his jab, lol.
It wouldn't surprise me at all...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
GANON MAINS!!!!!

Would you help me out for a second?

I am collecting low tier tournament results(1vs1/2vs2) and will be making Power ranking out of it. If any of you KNOW of a low tier tournament or event, would you please PM me the link? Also, if you know WHO use what character, could you let me know in the PM? Thanks.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I just did a lil' detective work and think I found out the secret. It is pretty situational. The mechanic is actually already known but I guess no one ever really put time into abusing it.

Dash attack someone blocking next to the edge and then you Dair (lol I called it involving Dair). Marvel at how this was never really brought up lol. DASC = Dash Attack Stage Cancel. I am too pro ;).

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
1. That's not guaranteed at all, and it's hardly 0-death.

2. Everybody ****ing knows this ****. That's the reason it doesn't work.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
And this is remotely supposed to be a zero to death... how? I can sort of see how someone would think it's a free rest on Jigglypuff, but the others don't even qualify as a stretch.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
It actually is guaranteed if they block it lol. I doubt that many can survive Dair at stage level. Especially if you ledgehog afterwards. I never hyped this up btw and I did say it's situational. I could also be wrong since this is just my educated guess.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
What I'm actually pointing out is

A: Dair has enough startup time that a lot of attacks can hit us out of it.

and

B: DI or simple aerial control can take them out of range almost immediately.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
That sounds like a pretty solid guess. I'm starting to see it now. How Snake could possibly use it to break a shield though...

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Well the thing is it actually acts like a footstool in the sense that there is no real knockback but they can't do anything for a while. I can see someone who just discovered this describing it as a way to get a 0 to death (a bad way to overhype this).

I actually tried it out just before posting my guess. If you retry this (I'm not going to assume you haven't tried it yourself) you will see that they definitely can't attack you before your Dair comes out. I tried it on Mario so maybe someone like Jiggs can DI away in time but at the very least most can't DI away.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245932

The conversation in ^that^ thread though is like half and half. Half of it backs up the dash attack into shield edge cancel, the other half just makes me think it's something completely else.

I hope it's something else >.>

EDIT: Nevermind, Dash Attack Stage Cancel is probably it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom