• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
lol amazing games, Red. I'm glad that freaky-*** lag cleared up a little though. I gotta head off to class now though. I'm like an hour past when I was supposed to start getting ready to leave. :(

Edit: Yeah, Flipman's become one of my favorite ATs. It took me awhile to get it down, but I can do it 9/10 times now. I experimented with it a bit, too, and although it's risky and tricky, Flipman > wizkick is AMAZING for surprise buttsecks ledge recoveries. People think they're clever when they stand out of range for a Gerudo. :awesome:

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
lol amazing games, Red. I'm glad that freaky-*** lag cleared up a little though. I gotta head off to class now though. I'm like an hour past when I was supposed to start getting ready to leave. :(

Edit: Yeah, Flipman's become one of my favorite ATs. It took me awhile to get it down, but I can do it 9/10 times now. I experimented with it a bit, too, and although it's risky and tricky, Flipman > wizkick is AMAZING for surprise buttsecks ledge recoveries. People think they're clever when they stand out of range for a Gerudo. :awesome:
yeah I used to have it down like that, I'm sure you saw me do it once or twice out of the million I tried...ahh the days lol I didn't even know it was you when I first joined. after I saw the ganon do a flipman I was like "hm... I'm pretty sure this guy isn't some noob" haha the games that were semiserious were fun though. Thats all the action I need though. 4 month hiatus away!

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
****. I just realized that I already made an alt on the ladder before, and got banned once already for it. If I carry out with my current one, I'll probably get my actual account banned. :(

Was doing so good, too. :/

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
How do you input the flipman? I have to claw my controller to do the flipman with any consistency.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm not really sure how to word it. I just very quickly slide from diagonal-down to left/right to diagonal-up. D:

Also, lol, I accidentally edited my post into your post.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm not really sure how to word it. I just very quickly slide from diagonal-down to left/right to diagonal-up. D:

Also, lol, I accidentally edited my post into your post.
Lol no prob. I understand that being a mod sucks for that reason.

Given that control stick directional input is represented by number keys like this
7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

I assume you make an input like this:

1 4 7 8A 9

That sound about right?

Normally I input it like this:

2Y 6C^

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Z1gma said before that while doing the flipman, try and not want to do a flipman. It's always helped me do it like 4/5 times.
Ye, dont think about it.
Just let it happen.

Also, guys... My CD isn't broken. It's my Wii that needs to get cleaned.
All other games work, though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ye, dont think about it.
Just let it happen.

Also, guys... My CD isn't broken. It's my Wii that needs to get cleaned.
All other games work, though.
its because brawl is one of like, 3 games for the wii that uses a 'double glaze reading' technique thats used by xbox and ps3 frequently to increase the amount of content you can fit on a disc, sadly the wii hasnt got the sturdiest of disc readers so it can quite frequently not read the disc. it also means the disc is more likely to stop working due to a scratch then others

jus sayin...

Eskay

Smash Cadet
King of murder: No, its tested already, i try´d footstool a partner without succes, maybe some stuff thats counts like "Objects" can help Ganon (Like platforms and stuff on Pictochat or something like that)

Judging by the fact that the FoG was originally found with springs, a partner recovery using the spring item might be possible.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Guys, do you think there is any way to use Flight of Ganon as a recovery? Somehow?

:250:
There have been theories... such as trying to time your air dodge so that you get an ISJR from the bottom blast zone (allowing an FoG).

I don't think it works, but it fills me with joy even thinking about Ganon getting gimped, but then suddenly rising from the bottom of the screen in a blaze of demonic glory and soaring back onto the stage.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Like an glorious obsidian lion of death.

Edit: Damn it LOL. After like 5 months of being a mod, I'm still not used to the Edit button being where it is. I keep posting my stuff in everyone else's posts.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
so hi guys, back from my tournament
my robs improved greatly beyond any of my others so its time for ike to prepare himself for a lack of usage. as for ganon, i need him for low tiers.
i had a low tier mm yesterday with a mario, which i won 3-2. winning with a dark dive stage spike (i swear its a trademark of my ganon these days)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So guys, I now main Mario/Luigi/Fox/DK/Zelda/Sheik/Ganon.
Who should I secondary? :D

Eskay

Smash Cadet
Well, I just got a Classic Controller. It's awesome. No more squishy trigger button for me!

Now, if only I didn't keep getting messed up by the fact that A is no longer the knights who say "Ni" the button in the middle. I adjusted the control settings so that the "attack" button was still the middle button, but I still get confused in the menus.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Well, I just got a Classic Controller. It's awesome. No more squishy trigger button for me!

Now, if only I didn't keep getting messed up by the fact that A is no longer the knights who say "Ni" the button in the middle. I adjusted the control settings so that the "attack" button was still the middle button, but I still get confused in the menus.
Here are some control schemes that my friends and I use, just to give you an idea.
fUddO's is:
a - attack
b - grab
x - jump
y - special
L - jump, iirc
ZL - special, iirc
R - shield
ZR - grab
RS - smashes

Mine is (note I use a CCPro, so I have my shoulder buttons flipped from what I'd have on a normal one):
a - jump
b - attack
x - jump (been considering switching it to shield)
y - special
L - special
ZL - shield
R - attack
ZR - grab
Stick - either smash or special, experimenting lately
DPad Up - grab
DPad Side - shield
DPad Down - attack

DPad is mostly for buffering out of shield stun.

Just felt like sharing these.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I still prefer Uair and Gerudo to it, mostly because when DA stales, it stales so much. But even then it's a superb move.

Top Bottom