• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Kiss x Sis OVA Ep03 Part 2 of 2 [HQ]

search that on youtube. ufapulose
I do hope you're telling us to look up anime on Youtube for the sake of convenience when it comes to showing us a certain scene, and not advocating the continued usage of streaming.

I already have Ryuumaru subs for KxS.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
I do hope you're telling us to look up anime on Youtube for the sake of convenience when it comes to showing us a certain scene, and not advocating the continued usage of streaming.

I already have Ryuumaru subs for KxS.
lol i didnt wanna get banned for posting the link. kxs is trash though, real talk

that scene was the only good part

Noobicidal

Smash Master
lol i didnt wanna get banned for posting the link. kxs is trash though, real talk

that scene was the only good part
It's only trash if you take the series too seriously. It's otaku-pandering fanservice, and should be treated as such.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
DLA, let's hold off on the King of Evil thing 'til after Pound. I got ***** out of a ride this weekend, so I can't go to Hall of Gaming, and according to your AiB page, you've got a tourney the 18th as well. So let's do it the 20th. Sound good?
Well it's not a tournament, it's just a smashfest. My next actual tournament is in March I believe.

I thought you weren't entering Pound?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm not entering, but I am doing a bunch of MMs.

I just wanna get one last tourney in before commencing everything, since it's been like a month since I last went offline.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
well I don't care too much, but it seems a bit unfair since, by the 20th, it'll be me who hasn't been to a tournament in almost a month, leaving me at pretty much the same disadvantage as you lol. It's pretty arbitrary to extend the deadline so one person gets an extra tournament. Considering that right now, both of us haven't been to a tournament in a while, this weekend is probably the most fair.

Plus you can always use the Pound 4 results for the next election.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I still think it's too dangerous though... even if you can do it 90% of the time, the other 10% will probably be a SD if your opponent's smart. I don't like those odds, especially when the flipman itself doesn't actually do anything worthwhile except get rid of a few frames of RCO lag.

It's probably a decent occasional mindgame, but I'm not sure how it could win you a match haha.
How exactly does missing a Flipman lead to an SD when you can easily snap onto the ledge with Side-B? There's no way that your opponent can get close enough to not get hit by Ganon's Uair and then hog the ledge before Ganon snaps back to the ledge with Side-B.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
How exactly does missing a Flipman lead to an SD when you can easily snap onto the ledge with Side-B? There's no way that your opponent can get close enough to not get hit by Ganon's Uair and then hog the ledge before Ganon snaps back to the ledge with Side-B.
I never considered that. I guess that makes it less dangerous. I'd probably find a way to mess up the input enough to suicide with side B though haha.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Vermanubis, (Lux), *Cam*, *Tyson*, -ACE-, -Googs, -WoMp-, 1337-Zero, 3mmanu3lrc, A-Laon, Acherontic, AeroLink_the_SoulMaster, Afro_Ninja, Airwalkerr, alejandro9561, AlexoftheAura, AllyKnight, AnDaLe, arch, ArtieBoy, Asdioh, asianaussie, Atlus8, Atomic Yoshi, AustinRC, AvariceX, AXE 09, aZergling, badwin, BananaTrooper, BarDulL, BigD!!!, Bigmac909, BigWenz, Blissard, BLM (black mage), BlueSuperSonic1, Bobwama, BOLT08, Boxxy, Braddles, Brian, brningpyre, bundtcake, bushidobrown, caKe, CelestialMarauder~, Chaos Swordsman, CHAOSvsORDER, cHeWe, chillindude829, ChivalRuse, ChKn, choknater, Chuee, CIFP, cMeDu, Codi, Col. Stauffenberg, Conker, CRSN, D-Torr, Dajayman, Dark Horse, Dark.Pch, DarkDragoon, darkm3tr01d, Darkshadow7827, Dastrn, Davidreamcatcha, DeA7X, deathbysuarez, defsithe, DEHF, Demon-oni, DerpDaBerp, DevilTrigger, Diabolique, Divinokage, DJRome, dmac, Dr Peepee, Druggedfox, DusK-The-Stray, Echo, Engo, Espy Kasrani, Eternal Yoshi, Evanms, Falco400, FalseFalco, Federal_Her0, Ferminator, finalark, FIREL, Fizzle_Boy, FlyingFrenchman, fragbait, Frisbie, frostymm, Gaara♥, GameDragonX, Gamegenie222+, Geist, Gichan, GingaNinja, Gio, global-wolf, Glyph, GMMA ANTi, GOD!, GoldShadow, gouda, Gova, GPDP, GreenAce, GwJumpman, Hai Im Fearless, Hax, Haze~, Hazygoose, Hellsinglover999, HollaAtchaBoy, hot$, hotdogturtle, HQYZ, hunger!, Hylian, I Dair You, IAmBlu3, IceArrow, Imagination, infzy, IVP, J, jamlosingthegame, JesiahTEG, JJROCKETS, JMA89089, Jolteon, jpak, JPOBS, JRC LSS, JTB, Judas, judge!, July, KageMurphy, Karibola, Kasper!, Kasumi, KazeKira, Keatsta, King Funk, kinghippo99, Kinglit, KirbyKaze, Klahounator99, KlTHKlN, Kola, Konohalotus13, Krystedez, KumaOso, Kuro~, kyokoro_pamuyo, l Karasu l, Lampp, Leaf., Lenus Altair, libertyernie, Linkshot, livehammerbro98, Lixivium, Lovage, LowFatHat, Luminoth64, Lythium, L_Cancel, L__, M0nkUn1t, M3D, MacDsmash, Madtsunami, MagmarFire, Mahie, Majority, Maniclysane, Marth/Falco Pro, Massola, Master WGS, meleemaster500, Melomaniacal, Meno, mers, MikeKirby, milesg2g, MinQ, Mister Eric, moleman915, Monk/Honkey/Banana, Moogi, Moooose, Mr.-0, Mr.Freeman, MrBlueSky, MrEh, MulticolorShyGuy, Nabe, Ndayday, Nicknyte, NickRiddle, Nicks, Nightmare., Nike., NixxxoN, NOVA1106, O D I N, Ocean, OMGitsMudkip, Omnicron's Baklava Enterprises, OnlyUseMeNades, Oro?!, Oshtoby, p.i., Padô, Palpi, Pandu!, PantyRaider08, Patches, pawnch, PEACE7, pesticide, PhantomX, phish-it, Plairnkk, Plan 9, planetstereo, Player-1, Player-4, Pluvia, PND, PurDi, Quic, R00R, RaptorTEC, Ratman, Red Ryu, Remorse, Renaissancer, revel8n, Reyney, RiKu.757, Robfox, RockCrock, Roneblaster, Roo525, Royal_Blade, rPSI, RTpmwe, Rumikun, Rykard, s2j, sai90, SamuraiPanda, Sanji Himura, Sars_Pirate, Scamp, Scufo, Seagull Man, Segtendo, Shadic, Shadowbolt, ShieldBash, SilentSlayers, SilverXy3, sinistersnakesennin, Sintenal, smasher32, Snap., Sonic Storm, sonictailslink, Sosuke, SoupaSonic, speeding sonic, Spelt, spider_sense, Spikehead777, ss118, ssbstreak, standardtoaster, Starscream, StealthECartman, Steam, Steelia, stingers, StriCNYN3, Strong Bad, Sudai, suinoko/Jade Stern, SummerSpeedyMix, SuPeRbOoM, Super_Smash_Kid, Surreal, SvL, SwizzyUK, Sync., SyOn, TaFoKiNtS, Tamoo, Tarmogoyf, Technical_Chase, tekkie, tera twin, Th3 Hungry Moth, The Demi-Peach, The Paprika Killer, theONEjanitor, TheTantalus, theunabletable, Thunder44, Tiersie, Tink, TKbro, Twinkie, Typ_Ex, UltimateRazer, Ultraxwing, UltyBomber77, Unlimited, Ussi, UsurperKingZant, uuaa1, V1CE, VideoKidHEERO, Vionce, Wake, WaterTails, Wave⁂, WedginatorX, What's The Point, Wiscus, Wrath`, x13mako, XDDD, Xyless, Yami 2b, Yamitsuki, Yink, yoshq, Zario777, Zatch.+, ZenJestr, Zephron, Zigsta, Zonderion, Zoro, _Kadaj_, _Kain_, _umbra_, _Yes!_, ~Firefly~, ~Twitch~, TeeVee, Etecoon, Bizkit, Fatal, Koolaid

Gonna start doing this weekly to stop people from namesearching here so much lol.

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Using a Nintendo Game Cube Controller (NGCC): The way I perform Flipman is by slightly (just enough) letting go of the ledge (flick the control stick toward the stage & hold), mid air jump right after & immediately C-Stick up. This requires me to have my index finger on the jump button (X) instead of my thumb (bone). My thumb bone usually covers buttons B, A & X on the NGCC & my thumb tip covers Y. Took me about two minutes to master (despite the fact that I died more than enough times in training mode) with Ganon. Recently, I can perform the Flipman every-time I'm on the ledge.

My Question: Is there another way (simpler) to perform Flipman without me having to switch my hand placement?

My control Scheme:
1. Y (Grab)
2. R (Attack)
3. Z (Special)
4. Tap Jump (Off)

Note: The other buttons are default. Thanks for your help Ganondorf Boards.

Another Question: Whenever I up special (u-S) to the ledge, I seem to have landing lag (ledge canceling out) after performing Flipman. Aren't the frames on his u-air supposed to auto-canceled or am I not doing it correct? This (brief landing lag) only occurs after you grab the ledge using up special (or another recovery move). May someone enlighten me? Thanks.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Because you'll eventually get so frustrated that it's the same thing over and over that you won't bother checking anymore :ganondorf:

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Using a Nintendo Game Cube Controller (NGCC): The way I perform Flipman is by slightly (just enough) letting go of the ledge (flick the control stick toward the stage & hold), mid air jump right after & immediately C-Stick up. This requires me to have my index finger on the jump button (X) instead of my thumb (bone). My thumb bone usually covers buttons B, A & X on the NGCC & my thumb tip covers Y. Took me about two minutes to master (despite the fact that I died more than enough times in training mode) with Ganon. Recently, I can perform the Flipman every-time I'm on the ledge.

My Question: Is there another way (simpler) to perform Flipman without me having to switch my hand placement?

My control Scheme:
1. Y (Grab)
2. R (Attack)
3. Z (Special)
4. Tap Jump (Off)

Note: The other buttons are default. Thanks for your help Ganondorf Boards.

Another Question: Whenever I up special (u-S) to the ledge, I seem to have landing lag (ledge canceling out) after performing Flipman. Aren't the frames on his u-air supposed to auto-canceled or am I not doing it correct? This (brief landing lag) only occurs after you grab the ledge using up special (or another recovery move). May someone enlighten me? Thanks.
I have a vastly different control scheme than yours, so I'm afraid I can't help you with your first question about Flipmanning. Of course, if you can perform it consistently perform it in a competitive setting, do it the way you're comfortable with the most.

As for your second question, the landing lag (or better known as RCO lag) does only come after you recover using Up-B or Side-B and is going to persist even if you Flipman perfectly. RCO lag automatically applies if you land on the stage without any other lag standing. What I mean by this is that using Flipman or Airdodging to the stage will give you RCO lag, while using something like Ganon's Side-B to the stage will use that landing lag instead and effectively cancel out the RCO lag.

EDIT: Come on Verm, don't invite a massive namesearch party. Only those who are worthy of coming off the tongues of devoted followers of Darkness shall have the priviledge of seeking our forums. It is then that we decide whether to welcome these posters as our allies or drag them down into the inpenetrable depths of darkness.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I wasnt even included in the namesearch bundle. I am disappoint Verm.

Also, I found the flipman pretty easy to do.. I don't see why people say it's hard to execute.
i think its just to keep people who arent regular visitors from coming here

also, happy v-day guys...although to me its jsut monday XD
in the loving spirit of the day, i'm not going to kill anyone

Omari

Smash Journeyman
Also, I found the flipman pretty easy to do.. I don't see why people say it's hard to execute.
May you show me how you perform Flipman (button wise)? Thanks. IMO, it's not a difficult AT but mastering how slight you have to tilt your control stick is a challenge (somewhat).

fragbait

Smash Master
Vermanubis, (Lux), *Cam*, *Tyson*, -ACE-, -Googs, -WoMp-, 1337-Zero, 3mmanu3lrc, A-Laon, Acherontic, AeroLink_the_SoulMaster, Afro_Ninja, Airwalkerr, alejandro9561, AlexoftheAura, AllyKnight, AnDaLe, arch, ArtieBoy, Asdioh, asianaussie, Atlus8, Atomic Yoshi, AustinRC, AvariceX, AXE 09, aZergling, badwin, BananaTrooper, BarDulL, BigD!!!, Bigmac909, BigWenz, Blissard, BLM (black mage), BlueSuperSonic1, Bobwama, BOLT08, Boxxy, Braddles, Brian, brningpyre, bundtcake, bushidobrown, caKe, CelestialMarauder~, Chaos Swordsman, CHAOSvsORDER, cHeWe, chillindude829, ChivalRuse, ChKn, choknater, Chuee, CIFP, cMeDu, Codi, Col. Stauffenberg, Conker, CRSN, D-Torr, Dajayman, Dark Horse, Dark.Pch, DarkDragoon, darkm3tr01d, Darkshadow7827, Dastrn, Davidreamcatcha, DeA7X, deathbysuarez, defsithe, DEHF, Demon-oni, DerpDaBerp, DevilTrigger, Diabolique, Divinokage, DJRome, dmac, Dr Peepee, Druggedfox, DusK-The-Stray, Echo, Engo, Espy Kasrani, Eternal Yoshi, Evanms, Falco400, FalseFalco, Federal_Her0, Ferminator, finalark, FIREL, Fizzle_Boy, FlyingFrenchman, fragbait, Frisbie, frostymm, Gaara♥, GameDragonX, Gamegenie222+, Geist, Gichan, GingaNinja, Gio, global-wolf, Glyph, GMMA ANTi, GOD!, GoldShadow, gouda, Gova, GPDP, GreenAce, GwJumpman, Hai Im Fearless, Hax, Haze~, Hazygoose, Hellsinglover999, HollaAtchaBoy, hot$, hotdogturtle, HQYZ, hunger!, Hylian, I Dair You, IAmBlu3, IceArrow, Imagination, infzy, IVP, J, jamlosingthegame, JesiahTEG, JJROCKETS, JMA89089, Jolteon, jpak, JPOBS, JRC LSS, JTB, Judas, judge!, July, KageMurphy, Karibola, Kasper!, Kasumi, KazeKira, Keatsta, King Funk, kinghippo99, Kinglit, KirbyKaze, Klahounator99, KlTHKlN, Kola, Konohalotus13, Krystedez, KumaOso, Kuro~, kyokoro_pamuyo, l Karasu l, Lampp, Leaf., Lenus Altair, libertyernie, Linkshot, livehammerbro98, Lixivium, Lovage, LowFatHat, Luminoth64, Lythium, L_Cancel, L__, M0nkUn1t, M3D, MacDsmash, Madtsunami, MagmarFire, Mahie, Majority, Maniclysane, Marth/Falco Pro, Massola, Master WGS, meleemaster500, Melomaniacal, Meno, mers, MikeKirby, milesg2g, MinQ, Mister Eric, moleman915, Monk/Honkey/Banana, Moogi, Moooose, Mr.-0, Mr.Freeman, MrBlueSky, MrEh, MulticolorShyGuy, Nabe, Ndayday, Nicknyte, NickRiddle, Nicks, Nightmare., Nike., NixxxoN, NOVA1106, O D I N, Ocean, OMGitsMudkip, Omnicron's Baklava Enterprises, OnlyUseMeNades, Oro?!, Oshtoby, p.i., Padô, Palpi, Pandu!, PantyRaider08, Patches, pawnch, PEACE7, pesticide, PhantomX, phish-it, Plairnkk, Plan 9, planetstereo, Player-1, Player-4, Pluvia, PND, PurDi, Quic, R00R, RaptorTEC, Ratman, Red Ryu, Remorse, Renaissancer, revel8n, Reyney, RiKu.757, Robfox, RockCrock, Roneblaster, Roo525, Royal_Blade, rPSI, RTpmwe, Rumikun, Rykard, s2j, sai90, SamuraiPanda, Sanji Himura, Sars_Pirate, Scamp, Scufo, Seagull Man, Segtendo, Shadic, Shadowbolt, ShieldBash, SilentSlayers, SilverXy3, sinistersnakesennin, Sintenal, smasher32, Snap., Sonic Storm, sonictailslink, Sosuke, SoupaSonic, speeding sonic, Spelt, spider_sense, Spikehead777, ss118, ssbstreak, standardtoaster, Starscream, StealthECartman, Steam, Steelia, stingers, StriCNYN3, Strong Bad, Sudai, suinoko/Jade Stern, SummerSpeedyMix, SuPeRbOoM, Super_Smash_Kid, Surreal, SvL, SwizzyUK, Sync., SyOn, TaFoKiNtS, Tamoo, Tarmogoyf, Technical_Chase, tekkie, tera twin, Th3 Hungry Moth, The Demi-Peach, The Paprika Killer, theONEjanitor, TheTantalus, theunabletable, Thunder44, Tiersie, Tink, TKbro, Twinkie, Typ_Ex, UltimateRazer, Ultraxwing, UltyBomber77, Unlimited, Ussi, UsurperKingZant, uuaa1, V1CE, VideoKidHEERO, Vionce, Wake, WaterTails, Wave⁂, WedginatorX, What's The Point, Wiscus, Wrath`, x13mako, XDDD, Xyless, Yami 2b, Yamitsuki, Yink, yoshq, Zario777, Zatch.+, ZenJestr, Zephron, Zigsta, Zonderion, Zoro, _Kadaj_, _Kain_, _umbra_, _Yes!_, ~Firefly~, ~Twitch~, TeeVee, Etecoon, Bizkit, Fatal, Koolaid

Gonna start doing this weekly to stop people from namesearching here so much lol.
jerk >.>
I don't even think I know you >.>

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I wasnt even included in the namesearch bundle. I am disappoint Verm.

Somehow I feel awesome for not being on the namesearch bundle, given that I don't yet really find namesearching practical.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
Just though I stop by to say "Hai guiz!". I'm in the middle of moving, which is why I haven't been around. So yarh.

Top Bottom