• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Video & Video Critique Thread [Current Critique - MBmoney]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Smash Master
Ant, I don't know whether you're aware that the D-tilt comes out quick enough ON SOME CHARACTERS.
Dtilt is guaranteed on 27 characters, to be specific. DK is NOT one of them.

Welcome to the board, by the way. Stick around for awhile. It's a nice place.

:034:

Ant1

Smash Ace
Dtilt is guaranteed on 27 characters, to be specific. DK is NOT one of them.

lol owned.
I know it works on alot of characters swordsaint, i also knew it didnt work on DK, hence why i pointed it out.
Is there like a frame by frame video of flame choke to d-tilt on G&W? with an opponent who knows how to D.I.? IIRC flame choke to jab works but not d-tilt. And yes when testing i tired buffering and all that jazz. Do u need to be frame perfect? Remember going into 1/4 speed adds frames.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Swordsaint u should check up wizkick cancelling, u had a few opportunities to utilize it but didn't. It makes a video even more epic.
U can totally see it's wi-fi, what pointed it out to me was u flame choking to d-tilt 2 times in a row. Which doesnt happen if the opponent knows how to move.
For the last time, flame choke HAS follow-ups. You must be crap at buffering.

swordsaint

Smash Master
You don't even NEED to buffer if you're frame perfect. Seriously, if Ant's here it's enough to make me leave. He's annoying enough on the Australian boards.

Browny

Smash Hater
This board still needs a frame data video to prove it beyond any doubt. Im still unable to get many of these supposed guaranteed followups to work... i know all about buffering, ive made a few guide videos on youtube about it

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
This board still needs a frame data video to prove it beyond any doubt. Im still unable to get many of these supposed guaranteed followups to work... i know all about buffering, ive made a few guide videos on youtube about it
Don't hold down all the way when you go to follow up. The only way the dtilt works is if you go directly from standup animation to dtilt, which happens by just lightly pressing on the analog stick downwards (same for non FF dairs). If you try to follow up by pressing down all the way, the excess frames of the crouch animation, though hardly noticable, linger enough to give the opponent time for their invincibility frames to start, meaning you probably just got get up attacked.

this wasn't all about you, it just seemed like a nice time. we seem to be getting more people here lately and this is one of the things that has to be learned in order to be successful, so thanks for giving me a reason to post that

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Frame data itself is enough to prove it. Here.

FRAME ADVANTAGE

Grounded Flame Choke Frame Advantage (All thanks to K Prime)​

8 Ganondorf

9 Bowser
9 DK
9 Falco
9 Link
9 Lucario
9 Marth
9 Samus
9 Snake
9 Wolf

10 DDD
10 Falcon
10 Fox
10 Ike
10 Mario
10 Peach
10 Pit
10 Sheik
10 Sonic
10 Zelda

11 Charizard
11 Diddy
11 Luigi
11 Pikachu
11 Toon Link

12 G&W
12 Ice Climbers
12 Ivysaur
12 Jigglypuff
12 Kirby
12 Lucas
12 Metaknight
12 Ness
12 ROB
12 Squirtle
12 Wario
12 Yoshi
12 ZSS

16 Olimar
DTilt comes out on frames 10-12.

Ant1

Smash Ace
What game are you playing Ant? 27?
At the top of the page Twilight Prince said the follow up is guaranteed on 27 characters. I feel it may be like banana choking, it's a good concept but pulling it off tirelessly is somewhat hard.
Glide tossing down isn't as easy as i thought it would be.

Smash Hero
Ant.. This may be a bit embarrassing, but...

Are you holding down the control stick only slightly and then pressing A? This will cause the dtilt to skip the crouch animation and come out faster... It's what makes it guaranteed. If you hold the stick down all the way, Ganon will crouch first.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Ant.. This may be a bit embarrassing, but...

Are you holding down the control stick only slightly and then pressing A? This will cause the dtilt to skip the crouch animation and come out faster... It's what makes it guaranteed. If you hold the stick down all the way, Ganon will crouch first.

When testing this it was not me who was playing ganon it was my brother since he knew more about buffering and all that.
It was a long time ago so it's not like i can remember that anyways. But i do remember trying to buffer it but to no avail. I will try it again soon though as when i first tested it, we did it rather hastily.

Smash Hero
When testing this it was not me who was playing ganon it was my brother since he knew more about buffering and all that.
It was a long time ago so it's not like i can remember that anyways. But i do remember trying to buffer it but to no avail. I will try it again soon though as when i first tested it, we did it rather hastily.
I'm not usually precise about buffering with Flame Choke.. Usually, I just hold down slightly and then jam A through the duration of it until I see it hit. <_<

The funny thing is is that it works.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
But... it's not hard o_O

I do what FD does as well... just mash that A button while lightly tapping downwards. I HAVE had a few people escape the dtilt followup by SDIing the flame choke away from me... but I think that was just a Wario player.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
But... it's not hard o_O

I do what FD does as well... just mash that A button while lightly tapping downwards. I HAVE had a few people escape the dtilt followup by SDIing the flame choke away from me... but I think that was just a Wario player.
Exactly. It isn't hard. Not that the this matters, but Ant1 shouldn't be as high up as he is on the tier list if he doesn't know how to follow up a SINGLE flame-choke.

Smash Hero
The tier list thread is dead, stop talking about it (justice!)

More importantly:

1 Jumpman en Istudying
2 Cenel en SSJ5Goten
3 Gmoney en Kaak
4 Black 'N yellow = Lesje en Brintalover
5 Snackbar Hendo = Gymmo en Aqua
5 Bye
7 Rebaz en Mr-R
7 Pinguins = Kodama en LuLLo
9 Decent Lucario main gets held back by someone who has a garbage tier character = Flying Dutchman en Gnace
So if you count away the "Bye" (because of bracket stuff), we would've gotten 7th.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
When there's a lot of lag, I always mash the A button during my Gerudo Followups.

When it's near lagless, I press A one time only.
I tend to miss the frame-10 character with Dtilt sometimes, if I mash A.
Timing the input >>>>>>>>> Mashing.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
These aren't for serious critique, as they were WiFi... but they were both incredibly manly and incredibly epic :D I'll edit this post as we go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiGeh6GVGKY <--- manly ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgvcm0luj78 <--- I got comebacks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D49_N601HLM <--- OMFG I love this round
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7slaOiSNFM <--- I got pooped on
PhantomX...you miss a lot of D-air autocancels. was that on purpose? Because seriously...that's just stupid. Since buffering it is quite easy.

Or maybe it's not easy if you don't use Y to jump. Which you honestly should in this game since you can cover both the Y and A button at the same time with your thumb. =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyZUlALAArc

This is how I buffer aerials in this game. In fact, using Ganondorf TAUGHT me how to properly buffer aerials until it became second nature to me.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Not bothering to autocancel is a crime.

I mean because it just makes you look like a total n00b since it's just something you do as Ganondorf.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Don't really care how it makes me look, lol.
It also makes Ganon look like a scrub.

I can autocancel it, but I usually don't bother b/c I can win anyway.
There isn't much of a difference from a non-autocanceled DAir to a autocanceled DAir during gameplay, other than how risky a non-autocanceled DAir could be. It's actually alot easier to autocancel a DAir than not to.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Not auto cancelling aerials with Ganon is like fsmashing a lot with Ike. It's something that just isn't done.......it borders on sacrilege and blasphemy.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Exactly. It isn't hard. Not that the this matters, but Ant1 shouldn't be as high up as he is on the tier list if he doesn't know how to follow up a SINGLE flame-choke.
I know how to follow up flame chokes. Didn't u watch ma vids? I'm pretty sure i got a few in there. Funnily enough i followed up a d-tilt on a G&W in one of my vids lol :chuckle:
My personal record is 7 flame chokes in a row. I think i got 5 aerial flame chokes in a row on a DK, and this DK is really good too lol, if ONLY i had the video, it was so fast i couldnt believe i did it.
In most tournament matches i follow up a lot of d-tilts from flame choke, even on my brothers sonic i get it a few times.

It's not bad to contest frame data, you never know, some of it may be wrong. As has been with some other characters.

stRIP

Smash Ace
I know how to follow up flame chokes. Didn't u watch ma vids? I'm pretty sure i got a few in there. Funnily enough i followed up a d-tilt on a G&W in one of my vids lol :chuckle:
My personal record is 7 flame chokes in a row. I think i got 5 aerial flame chokes in a row on a DK, and this DK is really good too lol, if ONLY i had the video, it was so fast i couldnt believe i did it.
In most tournament matches i follow up a lot of d-tilts from flame choke, even on my brothers sonic i get it a few times.

It's not bad to contest frame data, you never know, some of it may be wrong. As has been with some other characters.
DOesnt DK have a fast getup attack after the aerial flame choke and forces you to shield if you aerial flamechoke him?So it would be impossible to get 5 aerial flame chokes on a GOOD DK in a row...

Ant1

Smash Ace
DOesnt DK have a fast getup attack after the aerial flame choke and forces you to shield if you aerial flamechoke him?So it would be impossible to get 5 aerial flame chokes on a GOOD DK in a row...
He is a good DK he just made a lot of mistakes in a row that round. What he did was instead of doing a get-up attack he did roll dodged, i anticipated it 5 times in a row is all.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If he does getup attack, just aerial flame choke out of shield. =D

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm good, but not perfect <_<. I want some critiques.
Aside from double posting, the only bad thing that I noticed was that both of your failed Gerudos were interrupted by the same thing; being too close when you executed them. Besides that, first stock was ****, and nice read on the third.

Lol @ Breezycide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom