• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Video & Video Critique Thread [Current Critique - MBmoney]

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Honestly...Zhouten...you and Ijosh just ****.

The 2nd match really, you got stage ***** more than anything.

The only other thing I can say is that spotdodging with Ganondorf is bad since he's too slow to punish out of dodge, and that spotdodge you did in the beginning of the third match was dumb.

And anyhow, really, both of you played excellently with extremely good knowledge of your character and options.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
It's a little odd to critique Ijosh and Zhouten. I was trying to pick up Ijosh's scary bairs and stomps just today...

I can only say this, and I don't even know if it's a bad thing:

Zhouten, whenever you do an aerial that cancels.... you get into an aerial mood and always do something else after you land. As contrasted with... the art of doing nothing.

Zhouten's eyes only (I'm serious you ****rs) :
This is also from the game I watched between you two today.

Sort of silly edgefuardging from both of you, but eh, it's friendlies, you try stuff.

Also, everyone check out this thread, which has too great a potential to be a flop to go anywhere else:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=245932

Search the page for Ganon. Hint, and have a change of pants ready: The words "0-death" are used, and the letters "MK" are within a vicinity of them.

Removed for epic fail.

:034:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Spotdodging once with Ganon is dumb, but buffering spotdodges with him works wonders against character with short duration attacks. You may not have a good punish/damage followup out of it, but you can gtfo.

Zhouten

Smash Apprentice
Honestly...Zhouten...you and Ijosh just ****.

The 2nd match really, you got stage ***** more than anything.

The only other thing I can say is that spotdodging with Ganondorf is bad since he's too slow to punish out of dodge, and that spotdodge you did in the beginning of the third match was dumb.

And anyhow, really, both of you played excellently with extremely good knowledge of your character and options.
Hmm... so, maybe a SH air dodge would be better? Get me to the other side, and it would be more difficult to punish?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
5.23 of the second part.

Thats the nair stuff im starting to use very often. Looks so sexy :D
Hey, look at that!
If we perform a rising fulhop nair in a slight uphill, we might just be able to FoG out of it (if we move SLIGHTY forward) depending on how much it tilts.

Could someone test it? I got no TV ;\

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hmm... so, maybe a SH air dodge would be better? Get me to the other side, and it would be more difficult to punish?
Pretty much.

On the other hand, Shielding is usually better than spotdodging for Ganondorf since the lag for dropping shield is usually lower than the lag for dodging an attack. Ganondorf usually has enough range to punish out of shield consistently, so he doesn't really need spotdodging to get in, so spotdodging usually hinders his mobility.

The best use for spotdodging in my experience is avoiding Flame Chokes on reaction in Ganon dittos to avoid getting punished for shieldcamping.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I dunnu **** about B+, so I shouldn't comment on it, but What's up with the DI out of Charizard's throws?

The first kills was sexy.

Jump Suit Ganon looks funny.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I love B+ Ganon, he's so ****.

Here are some regular offline Brawl matches against the Ike main Kirk (who coincidentally beat one of our Ganons in the low tier tournament). They're just friendlies so I was somewhat messing around (like the excessive spike attempts in the second match) butI think overall they're good matches. Any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFfkiDErHd4 (my favorite)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG0LH1FuFdQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7BYohxmi7A&feature=related

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The first match was absolutely hilarious. I really can't rate it seriously, except that you both ***** ***.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I love B+ Ganon, he's so ****.

Here are some regular offline Brawl matches against the Ike main Kirk (who coincidentally beat one of our Ganons in the low tier tournament). They're just friendlies so I was somewhat messing around (like the excessive spike attempts in the second match) butI think overall they're good matches. Any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFfkiDErHd4 (my favorite)

I only watched the first match, for now.
It was really random and awesome.

You could've Stage Dive KO'd him at 1:01.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Oh, my bad. I use to call it that.
You know when you hold down while Up+B'ing so that your Shyrouken comes out before you grab the ledge.

I've never heard what it's called, so I say Stage Diving C_c

noradseven

Smash Lord
Oh, my bad. I use to call it that.
You know when you hold down while Up+B'ing so that your Shyrouken comes out before you grab the ledge.

I've never heard what it's called, so I say Stage Diving C_c
I call it Demon Scorcher, cause the last hit looks like Iori's Demon Scorcher from KOF, and it sounds badass.

How on earth did you loose DLA? x.x, seriously your Ganon has amazing thunderstorming ;o. I have to compliment Kirk on his DI though, most impressive ive seen to date.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Green greens used to be legit, didn't it? :o

Find it weird you can't critique a playstyle cause it isn't on a widely accepted legit stage.
But eh.
Well its not that I couldn't, I just don't think he was serious. There isn't really much purpose in critiquing someone who isn't serious and just wants us to see his spikes, ya know?

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Well its not that I couldn't, I just don't think he was serious. There isn't really much purpose in critiquing someone who isn't serious and just wants us to see his spikes, ya know?

Got yourself a good point there bro.
I got a bunch on legit stages and some for limited tournaments(no projectiles, low tiers, garbage tiers, etc)
I'll try to get those up later then.

Also got one of me playing in this noob created "manly" tournament for just captain falcon, ganondorf, and snake.

I lose to some snake in the semi finals just barely.
God what a dumb idea.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Got yourself a good point there bro.
I got a bunch on legit stages and some for limited tournaments(no projectiles, low tiers, garbage tiers, etc)
I'll try to get those up later then.

Also got one of me playing in this noob created "manly" tournament for just captain falcon, ganondorf, and snake.

I lose to some snake in the semi finals just barely.
God what a dumb idea.
yeah wtf why was snake in that lmao
but just try to upload some serious friendlies or tournament vids for critiquing. That way we can see what you do in situations where the outcome really matters and you don't have the 'I was just messing around' john lol

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
yeah wtf why was snake in that lmao
but just try to upload some serious friendlies or tournament vids for critiquing. That way we can see what you do in situations where the outcome really matters and you don't have the 'I was just messing around' john lol

Cause people whined about him not being "manly" and brought up the creators well-known hatred of snake into it and pretty much bawwed him into letting snake***s have their 95:5 MU tournament :/

And alrighty, I should of seen that myself i suppose.
Will upload a few later, though I'm having trouble remembering which were, and were not srsface.

But what about just intense matches in a legit environment?
I don't take ganon to many tourneys. At least not special ones like no projectile, low tier, garbage tier, or other special occasion.

Not yet anyway.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Cause people whined about him not being "manly" and brought up the creators well-known hatred of snake into it and pretty much bawwed him into letting snake***s have their 95:5 MU tournament :/

And alrighty, I should of seen that myself i suppose.
Will upload a few later, though I'm having trouble remembering which were, and were not srsface.

But what about just intense matches in a legit environment?
I don't take ganon to many tourneys. At least not special ones like no projectile, low tier, garbage tier, or other special occasion.

Not yet anyway.
yeah thats fine, that's why I said serious friendlies are acceptable too :]

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
DLA's very good with UAir and DAir. His air game is pretty good in general. Props to him.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Hehe thanks, I noticed that I was impulsively trying to jump off the ledge and aerudo immediately, and I whiffed almost every time and got punished every time I missed. I gotta stop doing that : /

Also, a few iDAs turned into Dsmashes for some reason. Overall I'm satisfied though. I got 13th out of 38 (Ook keeps on knocking me out!!!), which isn't bad, but I'm going to another tournament this weekend and I'll be repping the Dorf there as well.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
o_O Did NOT know you could do this.
Fluke of my Ganon life...

Critique?
Moreso this one than this old one.
Their both friendlies, so that's why I just got aggravated and paused in the middle of the first match.
Edit: online, too. : /
maybe one of the other ganons on here can give you a more detailed critique, but I have to go to bed. What I do want to say, is that from those matches, you are really aggressive. Ganon is a character that thrives on punishing and baiting, not in your face pressure. While he can go offensive at times, Ganon must be reserved and space VERY well. I noticed that against the link that, in the first match, you were hit by BOTH of his grounded Up-Bs, but you didn't have to be. You just came back to him while he was charging and were punished. In these type of situations, just fall away from him and just reset the playing field. If it comes down to it, and you're about to fall on his spin attack (or something similar), just aerudo the opposite way. Now that is VERY situational advice, and I only advise it in the situation that came up in this particular match, but any other time it probably wouldn't be a great idea.

Also, LEARN YOUR FOLLOW UPS. Not even all at once, just work one character at a time, for two or three days, and just try to remember while playing them. For instance, Jab works on both Samus AND Link, but I saw you try to Dtilt one of them. It's not bad exactly, but if you want to bring your game to the highest it can go, try to learn the followups. That's all for now, hope someone actually critiques it for real. Good luck man :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom