• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Video & Video Critique Thread [Current Critique - MBmoney]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
The SWF Ganon Boards Compilation Video

Ganondorf's Video & Video Critique Thread

3 Stars = Recommended videos.
1 stars
= Not so good players.
2 stars =Japan Players/Videos.

Rules & Suggestions for Video Critique

1. All critique request will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
2. Highlight the video you rec commend us to watch, since most people will only watch one.
3. If you want good critiques I suggest you put up close matches or even losses. (People can see your mistakes easier)
4. Players cannot have two critiques in a row.

Current Critique

MBmoney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNDAL0MIYI8

Tutorials and Information Videos

Brawl Videos

A2ZOMG
Check A2ZOMG's profile: www.youtube.com/A2ZOMG

GodotAA!
vs Mike (Yoshi)

Koutestsu**
Vs. Pit (Konapit)**

Other Ganons
Vs Link

Team matches

Uuuuwwwagaaah

More to come...

Ganon moments/Other videos

The Ganondorf Chatroom: http://xat.com/ganondorf_brawlers

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You know I could've just as easily merged one of his posts with your first, giving him control over first post XD Oh well, what's done is done.

TP

Smash Master
Next time I'm playing the rest of STL at Wash U I'll try and make sure I get some stuff recorded.

TP

Smash Master
Hey Kalm, you should mention that this is also the thread for posting videos new players want critiqued.

Man, it feels good to have a Ganon board mod. We actually accomplish things.

To go with all the recent progress the board has been making, I promise to have a new discovery about Ganon that improves him overall by the end of the week. Something bigger and better than chainchoking, choke>Uair on platforms, or less RCO lag on Aerudo could ever hope to be.

I just... need to think of something first. >_>

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
First match. The way I feel about it, your spacing overall is pretty good. However you were way too predictable and reliant with F-smash mainly. Also you got punished for doing ledge getup attack a lot.

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
I see. What alternatives do I have for fsmash and <100% ledge getup attack? I'm just worried to death about Lucas' range and priority. And couldn't he punish me easily if he powershielded dtilt?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Jab and F-tilt are safer than F-smash and cover about the same area. So does SH Up-air. In general though, you have to be careful when attacking with Ganondorf under any circumstances since he really doesn't have much that is safe on block.

Ganondorf sucks on the edge, I won't deny this, but you can usually solve most of your problems getting up by simply regrabbing the edge to scout out your opponent's actions. The ledgeroll is usually one of the better options for getting up if you think your opponent is going to try to attack you from above. Even if they manage to punish that, this puts you closer inside the stage which overall increases your chances of getting back on solid ground.

stRIP

Smash Ace
Could the creator of the GanonChannel (youtube) pls send me the Password?

I told you a few weeks ago that dsmash can stagespike, just want to load it up and show it to you

TP

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeUjN-0zLrw&feature=channel_page

Friendly with Spoonbob. I'll have more "serious" videos up assuming Sno gets around to uploading the rest.
Good stuff. I only have a few comments. After your first kill, you should short hop to get rid of your RCO lag. You did 1 Dsmash, which is 1 too many unless you know your opponent likes to roll behind you. It worked, but an Fsmash would have worked better. You also missed 1 Choke>Dtilt. It may have been since you were playing online, but consistency with the guaranteed followups is vital. I A-stick instead of C-stick to make sure I never miss. If you don't use Stutter step Fsmash (and I don't believe you used Fsmash at all), you may want to switch to A-sticking as I did. Of course, I'm gonna get yelled at by the other Ganons for suggesting that...

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
im just puttting some vids here i guess

me vs Jairo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiXpIm6kdOQ&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szgI-UnG5vQ&feature=channel
me vs GF:MK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRg5ndKWjJY&feature=channel

short combo vid i made(bad quality, and it ends and starts suddenly because i was haveing problems on the cpu and to get crdits and a title in the vid it would have even worse quality i have ganon,tl,link,sheik and zelda combos):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyCCWF7Oy1Q&feature=channel

and about noobicidal's vid: great gimps lol

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Anyways.. Pretty good ledgegame, Noobicidal
Thanks, ledges and off-stage are my comfort zones with Ganon.

After your first kill, you should short hop to get rid of your RCO lag.
Thanks, I'll try to remember that.

You did 1 Dsmash, which is 1 too many unless you know your opponent likes to roll behind you. It worked, but an Fsmash would have worked better.
That was probably just a lag-spike which messed up my Thunderstorm buffering; e.g. the Tap Jump didn't register but the d-smash did.

You also missed 1 Choke>Dtilt. It may have been since you were playing online, but consistency with the guaranteed followups is vital. I A-stick instead of C-stick to make sure I never miss.
I'll blame another lag spike on that.

If you don't use Stutter step Fsmash (and I don't believe you used Fsmash at all), you may want to switch to A-sticking as I did. Of course, I'm gonna get yelled at by the other Ganons for suggesting that...
I actually Salmon Smash like a ***** offline, it's just that I can't read people as fast online. I've tried A-Sticking in the past, but the lack of SDI really bothered me. I don't have problems with follow ups offline.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
im just puttting some vids here i guess

me vs Jairo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiXpIm6kdOQ&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szgI-UnG5vQ&feature=channel
me vs GF:MK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRg5ndKWjJY&feature=channel

short combo vid i made(bad quality, and it ends and starts suddenly because i was haveing problems on the cpu and to get crdits and a title in the vid it would have even worse quality i have ganon,tl,link,sheik and zelda combos):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyCCWF7Oy1Q&feature=channel

and about noobicidal's vid: great gimps lol
There are a ton of things you should work on. Spacing is one, not making your moves obvious is another.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I removed most of the useless player videos, and added videos of better players in the opening page.

Anyways, doesn't anyone else feel like being critiqued?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
At 2:30, just go to the ledge. It is a much safer option than being above Pit.

You only did 1 grab attempt in 10 minutes of playing. What is your view of Ganon's grab game overall?

Good stuff, BTW.
Hm, surprised I didn't see that. Yeah, Ganon's grab, even though it sucks, should be used the most for OoS punishment. It's a lot safer than any of his other moves, and it's also his fastest move.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Jesus, stop making me laugh Kosk! It's very hard to seriously critique you.

You have the most hilarious mindgames ever.

I felt like you could have used N-air somewhere maybe to edgeguard...nah...it's cool.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
It looks like you were habitually jumping before attacks, whether it was after your own hitstun or not.
However, I don't know if that was just exploiting what the opponent wasn't doing and never did.

Obviously I saw a bunch of errors, but few that aren't... obvious.

Ooh. At low percents (e.g., zero), I think it makes sense to fthrow or uthrow... and definitely not the other two. He's completely comfortable out of those throws. And actually I'd like to test fthrow before saying that...

3:05 - 3:12 just seemed weak in general. But I'm sure some of us would profit from your analysis of what exactly was wrong with it.

Why no reverse Uair at 5:00?

Jumping at 7:18 seemed really bad. All it could have done was... cost you your second jump, if the arrow hit you. It doesn't have a drift force during knockback anyway.

Last, I don't understand this, but is there a reason you (and others) jump first thing when recovering? Wouldn't you want to just drift toward the stage and save the jump for some maneuvering to keep information from your opponent?

And hey, he did more than one grab attempt! He even succeeded at least twice.

TP

Smash Master
Last, I don't understand this, but is there a reason you (and others) jump first thing when recovering? Wouldn't you want to just drift toward the stage and save the jump for some maneuvering to keep information from your opponent?
It cancels your momentum. If he did not jump first, he would be knocked farther offstage before starting to come back.

He still did less shield grabs than he should have.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Effed up dealing with yr RCO lag in the first match and payed for it by being juggled for a while. I don't have a time for it...just saw it happen. :lick: l2play, kosk. lol.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I have found that its not ever good to Down+B onto someone who is on the ground below me, i only try if they are in the air otherwise i get shield grabbed 9 out of 10 times, i just noticed you got punished for doing it several times.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
It cancels your momentum. If he did not jump first, he would be knocked farther offstage before starting to come back.
Prove it.

Oh yeah, I saw the RCO too. Come on, Kosk, it should be second-nature to know RCO when you queue it. Were you impatient to lay a beating on Pit? I mean, you should ask yourself what causes your attention to miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom