• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Video & Video Critique Thread [Current Critique - MBmoney]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice
I tend to only critique *close* matches or losing matches.
Otherwise, what's there to talk about.

I stopped after the first one because it wasn't close at all and you won.
And you're not Ray Kalm. What was the point?
srry if ur not able to critique?.....

Ant1

Smash Ace
Why is the 2nd vid private?
Anyway the first one was pretty funny, it was over so quick. But yeah what is there to critque when ur the one dominating?
Lol Ray gets gimped once off stage, and then it happens again. Don't go near the edge lol.
I like ur combo vid though, the beginning where ur on boucning up and stomping. Its funny coz i actually did something like that in a tournament match. I d-aired at the same time i got hit with a u-smash, we both get launched up and i stomped him again.

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice
Why is the 2nd vid private?
i uploaded a lot of our matches. and all of them except that one came out bad. so i have to re upload and im probably gonna do that 2morrow if im not feeling lazy =/. All the other ones shud be critiqable if thats a word

Ant1

Smash Ace
The vids of me on the OP are sooo old. I look so crap and so does my brother.
I will record another session of matches soon and upload them, and throw in some funny owning with ganon vids

edit-
Even though it was laggy, what did u think of my ganon squirrely? I still can't believe i actually landed a warlock punch on u lol.

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice
and Ijosh, im gonna upload the one and only vid i think ill ever have of me three stocking you xD i'd upload the other ones but i was too frustrated after each match i forgot to save them lol
not even sure who u r, but its fine with me. i think every ganon i played has a at least 1 match where they own me pretty badly =)

Edit: justed watched the vid and saw it was u red8. i have a couple of vids of me doodoo-ing on u with ganon. if i get the time il upload some. but for this week i gotta study for SAT's

TP

Smash Master
Wait... THIS is the Ganon Kalm said must be in top tier on my tier list?

Even though you 3 stocked Kalm, you made a TON of mistakes. Almost ever choice you made in the match was a bad one. Kalm was too frustrated to punish you for it. That or there was lag.

We need to play, IJosh. I'm taking you out of top tier if you can't beat me the majority of the time.

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice
Wait... THIS is the Ganon Kalm said must be in top tier on my tier list?

Even though you 3 stocked Kalm, you made a TON of mistakes. Almost ever choice you made in the match was a bad one. Kalm was too frustrated to punish you for it. That or there was lag.

We need to play, IJosh. I'm taking you out of top tier if you can't beat me the majority of the time.
u doubt me a lot. i thout u were gonna pm me during the weekend but u didnt. PM me wednesday around 9:30PM. we can play then.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
justed watched the vid and saw it was u red8. i have a couple of vids of me doodoo-ing on u with ganon. if i get the time il upload some. but for this week i gotta study for SAT's
pfft, well duh lol the only ganons i play are TOOO GOOOD like you and gleam and twilight swift and Nasti, so im always getting owned, but it makes me hella better to do the same to others =]

TP

Smash Master
u doubt me a lot. i thout u were gonna pm me during the weekend but u didnt. PM me wednesday around 9:30PM. we can play then.
I was busier than I expected to be last weekend, sorry about that. We will play Wednesday then. I assume you mean 9:30 eastern? I won't be available until 10:30 eastern. Does that work for you?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ijosh wow...nice Ganon srsly.

A lot of those things you did were really smart. I'm gonna try PS -> pivot grab F-throw someday (since it's better than B-throw lmao). Maybe if I use Ganon at Genesis. =)

Ant1

Smash Ace
I wish i lived in America then i could play u guys with no lag.
Im r sad squirrely, i didn't save the replay where i landed the warlock punch on u. But i got the one where u spiked me then i instantly up-b'd and edgehogged u lol.

Perhaps add these vids to the Ganon moments section on the OP?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j38wZONPjsE&feature=channel_page
Ganon owns MK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Q0PqkAEQA&feature=channel_page
We need to have a triple warlock punch k.o.

I recently stage spiked a fox on battlefield with u-tilt, but couldn't get the replay.

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
Whoops, sorry for the late responses, ant. Wasn't expecting much to be going on in here.

It's really hard for me to say anything critical about your Ganon with the lag we had. We could've both performed much better (sd's come to mind).

The best I can say is I had lots of fun.
Lolmatches are my favorite.

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice
I was busier than I expected to be last weekend, sorry about that. We will play Wednesday then. I assume you mean 9:30 eastern? I won't be available until 10:30 eastern. Does that work for you?
yea i do mean eastern and u can pm me anytime btwn 10:30pm and 2am, just hope i dont fall asleep

TP

Smash Master
Oddly, I was more impressed by IJosh when he was getting 3 stocked than we he did the 3 stocking. I gues I'm just insane. Either way, we are gonna have a good fight tomorrow.

Yesw, I'm hyping wifi friendlies. Get over it.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
Oddly, I was more impressed by IJosh when he was getting 3 stocked than we he did the 3 stocking. I gues I'm just insane. Either way, we are gonna have a good fight tomorrow.

i get hyped every time i play him too. Ijosh is for ganon like SK92 is for falco, except Ijosh is made of pwn, while SK92 is made of crunk juice :pimp:

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice

maybe ul 3 stock me 2 twilight ;)

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
:):):):)
just finished uploading the vid of me and Ijosh, high quality please =P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJxZRK3gDL8

and i reuploaded gleam and I with a better quality, so enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn4alGMbbfI

you can comment on them if you like =]]
What do you want us to base you off of?

I seriously don't get why people post videos of themselves doing good, or/and 2-3 stocking people. It proves nothing, especially if you HAD no skills involved during the kills.

Your Ganon is real poor. If I had to rate it, 4/10.

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice
What do you want us to base you off of?

I seriously don't get why people post videos of themselves doing good, or/and 2-3 stocking people. It proves nothing, especially if you HAD no skills involved during the kills.

Your Ganon is real poor. If I had to rate it, 4/10.
lol. so mean :laugh:

Ant1

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0gczM67Mjk
Finally the vid of me is up.
To give people heads up why the clips are so short. It is because we can only record 3 minute matches, sometimes it goes to Sudden Death and its a waste of a good clip that why some are 2 minutes.
To get those 3 clips it took around 10+ matches, some were better on my part. But stupid mistakes were made by one of us, so these were the only clips were no dumb mistakes were made.

Behold a triple spike at the end. The G&W is this guy on wi-fi i faced. A cookie goes to whoever can guess what song's solo is playing at the end of the vid.

Remember he knows my playstyle extremely well, so it's not like i can surprise him.
I'm thinking i need more d-tilt, but vs wario and lucario that's not easy, lucario outranges me and wario is rarely on the ground :( After watching some vids of other ganon mains here, i've been seeing a lot of u-air use, but this is in ganon dittos mind u. I have been trying to incorporate more u-air's into my gameplay just so u know.

Seeing u american ganon's play, u look so good, i can't understand who not one single ganon has claimed a tourny first. I guess it's up to Australia to boost ganon's rep!

What do u guys think of the music choice for the vid? I think it fits ganon perfectly. People should see this vid and get a chill down their spine, and suddenly want to play ganon. Well here's hoping.

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
ohh man, i thought you meant like three spikes in a row on one character, like Seibriks Double spike on Master Raven =/ (that vid pwns btw).

As for your ganon, congratulations on being as good as you are with him. Decent ganons are getting harder and harder to find, but thats gonna change right now (tier list ftw!)

Lucario

• Nice chain choke in the beginning
  • Change up your recovery DI as you approach the stage from being knocked off, or from anywhere. As you progress, you'll begin to see top level players faking out their descent instead of just thinking " I must get back as close in to the stage as i can because thats the safest place." Its a tendency a lot of midish level players have, and you'll begin to notice you'll live a lot longer when you begin to mix that up.
  • at 1:50, you'll see that lucario went around your Dair. A better option from the ledge when people are trying to get back to the stage from under you or even somewhat next to you is to tap backwards and up air. The tip of it will hit, semi spiking them, making leaving you to edgehog them and be a stock up.
  • you had A LOT of wasted movement, specifically jumps. I've found an example of when you used your jumps efficiently so just keep reading and I'll get to that soon enough
  • At 2:09, your Double Jump Fast Falled Up Air -> Stutter Stepped Forward Smash was AMAZING, it just came at the wrong time. If you learned to space that correctly it would be NICE
  • Like I said before, wasted moves. Every one of Ganons moves/movements must have a purpose, because we all know that they aren't the greatest moves in the game, and must be used to their full potential at every opportunity. You may see a Ganon just jumping around Thunderstorming and say " he's not utilizing! he's wasting time and that move!" Wrong, thats called baiting, which is another subject completely. However, notice that at 2:36, when you go down to approach him, you keep your double jump, releasing it when you're right in front of him, going over his head, but causing him to drop his shield and try to grab. A majority of the time, you double jumped quckly to attain the height of what would normally be a full hop, except now you're more vulnerable because you lack another attack (or escape) option. And I'm not saying don't double jump, cause air fakes are(to me) one of the untapped jewels of gannons play, just make sure everything you do has a purpose, and you don't waste anything. DON'T WASTE
Wario

• Your Auto Cancelled Bair spacing is crucial in matchups like Wario, however, you don't want to waste it. There is a hitbox along Ganons whole arm, so why not hit with it as far AWAY from Ganon as possible? Yes, you can use it right next to your opponent, but that would be 1) wasting the rest of the hitbox at the furthest point to ganon, and 2) putting yourself closer to the risk of being damage, grabbed, or possibly KO'd. Just try and retreat a little more to maximize its efficiency
  • OMG WIZKICK CANCEL PLEASE. There were SO many opportunities in this match to whip out a wizkick cancelled-> jump-> up air, maybe even scoring a kill (4:04). WKC is one of Ganons gift from the gods, it increases your speed, gives you a hitbox, and leaves you completely free to do whatever the hell you want when you're done. Learn your distances on each stage and ABUSE.
  • This is a situational thing, more matchup oriented, but at 4:30, I'm almost positive you could have air release-> full hop dair, or up air at the least, probably giving you the KO
  • I also noticed on more than one occasion that you used the Dark Dive to recover on stage when you had no chance of being edge hogged. DON'T. you will get ****ed so hard from the landing lag. Unless you suspect and edgehog, always recover to the ledge. If you used dark dive, release and reattach with gerudo to reduce future RCO lag, cause you'll get ****ed from that too. Another thing a lot of Ganons forget about is Ganons fist hitbox at the end of the Dive. If you suspect an edgehog, and you're pretty sure you won't live after it, stall from when you would normally use it, then whip it out to FIST THEM IN THE *** WITH A GIANT PURPLE HAND. Chances more often than not are if they have a good amount of damage and you connect, they'll be staged spiked and you might sweetspot in time anyway.
Snake

I couldn't really say anything about this match except a few things that I already haven't said before, but here's what I think:

• Really try not to pick up one of Snakes grenades, especially the first one. If you aren't careful, he can strip them and you'll intend to throw it and find it at your feet about to blow up. This obviously isn't all the time, but it's just something to be mindfull of.
  • also, 6:44-7:16 is straight ****

Hope I helped, I'm really trying to contribute to the boards, so if you have anymore questions ill be glad to answer. =]

..**** that was long >.<

Ant1

Smash Ace
Now that's what i call good critiquing!
Helping people like this will make ganon get out of bottom place by the next tier list i hope.
Wizkick cancel? I guess i need to look that one up, i mean i've tried doing that ganon super jump, so is this kind of like doing that? My brother reads up on brawl A LOT, and he basically tells me everything, but guess he missed on one thing.

And remember i was trying to get as much damage done in the shortest amount of time, as he was. We didn't want a vid with like 1 k.o. We wanted it to be a bit more exciting, so no stalling or being safe. I guess next time i do a vid it will have to be live, in that it won't be just a replay.

Browny

Smash Hater
you know I can get the live, 3 stock vids (with our commentary :p)... youre the one who didnt want to do it lol

btw yeah pretty much every character board wishes they had a video critique thread as good as this one

@HomE

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5XaFEXNCoo

Well this is one of the only recent 1v1's i could get uploaded, I aplogize for winning i generally only save matches where i do really well or lols happen.. my friend is pretty good with wolf(i generally have a pretty difficult time w/ my Ganon) but i think i got him frustrated early or he was having a bad night, either way enjoy the **** :)

critique if you want i suppose....

Noobicidal

Smash Master
And now, may I present for your pleasure, more @Home shenanigans!

Show 'em what you're made of.

:034:

Smash Hero
@Home, I'll give you a big critique when I get home from school.

EDIT

0:12 - Should have been a powershield and not a sidestep.

0:19 - Just regular ledgejump it. If he comes up to get you, you can still double jump, attack, etc... Now you were just asking to get punished.

0:21 - ??? Why not uair or nair? Oh well, it worked for you.

0:24 - Use dtilt after Flame Choke, it's garanteed on Lucas. Seriously, use it. It's extra damage + set-up for uair and just generally puts your opponent in a ****ty position. This counts for everytime you didn't d-tilt on Lucas after Flame Choke.

0:34 - See 0:19

0:51 - no warlock punching plx

0:58 - Messed up on your spacing, should've waited and uair'd.

1:00 - perfect Dash Attack/Flame Choke opening because of Lucas' usmash, you didn't take it.

1:17 - You read the roll but missed the timing...

The second stock was very good, you used your momentum well. Good job.

1:55 - no warlock punching plx, seriously, that could've been your stock right there.

2:13 - you read the attack, so why not dair? Wizkick would've only got you punished at that percentage.

2:15 - Like I said... No Warlock punching

2:18 - Utilt was kind of a whack choice here, and you got whacked for it. Would've preferred a uair when he jumped, or even fair.

2:26 - You had invincibility so it's cool. Would've been better to just abuse it and get straight in his face.

2:47 - Should've been fair, which could have ended the match.

2:48 - You were too focused on the dash attack kill, which prolonged the match to...

3:01 - Nice kill.

@HomE

Smash Ace
looking forward to it, maybe that will inspire others to tell me what im doing wrong aswell :)

Keep in mind these are just friendlies

EDIT:Awsome thanks alot FD, im at work right now but i will watch the video with the notes later, i appreciate the feedback :)

@HomE

Smash Ace
Yea i watch it this morning, it was pretty nasty....

your missing like 45 clips of noobs getting WP'd but i guess ill let that go.

vs ally??! wtf

WHO ARE YOU!?

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace

vs ally??! wtf

WHO ARE YOU!?
fonz is our Ganondorf/lucario/wolf player from springfield crew, he MM ally with ganon, almost won the first match, then got beat 2stock the second. but the messed up usmash didnt help. theyre on youtube, fonz vs ally.

fonzi21

Smash Ace

wow....
that was really good
I'm impressed
especially with ALLY?!?!? who puts Ally in their combo video?!?1
anyway, VERY VERY good. I wasn't too sure in the beginning, but as it went on, i definitely enjoyed it. GREAT job. 5 stars =]

vs ally??! wtf

WHO ARE YOU!?
/raises hand, That's me. I am from Springfield as Sin said.

Thanks for posting this sin. and much appreciated on the comments guys, I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was very fun making it.

AIM: The12Fonz21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom