• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Video & Video Critique Thread [Current Critique - MBmoney]

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Whatever happened to those matches of someone playing Steel2nd's Marth?

Ijosh

Smash Apprentice
i took my original combo video 'beauty of the beast' off youtube so u can replace the one in this thread with new one combo vid i made Kalm

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ODS3tSxIQw

This is my Ganon vs Nike's Marth... the other rounds in the set were a lot less uneven b/c he started to play smarter after this one. I still won most b/c I could read him kinda well. You can see me testing the warlock followups here (on his last stock), b/c I haven't learned all of those yet XD

You can flame, critique, whatever.

P.S. What do you call the color of Ganon that I chose?

stRIP

Smash Ace

This is my Ganon vs Nike's Marth... the other rounds in the set were a lot less uneven b/c he started to play smarter after this one. I still won most b/c I could read him kinda well. You can see me testing the warlock followups here (on his last stock), b/c I haven't learned all of those yet XD

P.S. What do you call the color of Ganon that I chose?
Afaik we call it Melee/Retrodorf

Remembers me on my old Ganon a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uknLHEsO8Ss&feature=related

:D

Ganonrape

Sknil

Smash Rookie
Why did both of those Marth's DB finish with hitting Ganondorf up? Doesn't that just ask to be stomp'd/warlock kicked?

very nice though

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Wizkicks are more awesome. I go for Wizkick Spikes over Dairs if I get the chance, lol. He shoots PURPLE MOTHER****ING FIRE OUT OF HIS PORES AS HE BARRELS DOWN ONTO YOU.

Marth is fairly safe doing DB upwards vs Ganon b/c he gets ample time to shield, or even uptilt/upair if he wants.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Wizkicks are more awesome. I go for Wizkick Spikes over Dairs if I get the chance, lol. He shoots PURPLE MOTHER****ING FIRE OUT OF HIS PORES AS HE BARRELS DOWN ONTO YOU.

Marth is fairly safe doing DB upwards vs Ganon b/c he gets ample time to shield, or even uptilt/upair if he wants.
Me and Phan have a sacred bond because of our love of the Wizkick spike <3

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

1:01 - You could've followed that Dair up with a buffered Uair.
1:11 - Jab? D:
0:54 - That's quite interesting ... 'Fudge Stun Dark Dive Gimping' :O

Needs maor Dtilt.

Needs maor speed + buffering.

You had a bunch of nice falling Dair's on Marth when he tried to juggle you.
Nice B reversals.
Nicely red in some situations.
Fairly good recovering, exept for the fact that you seem to always press the jump button while hanging there. (?)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
What do you mean by press the jump button while hanging there? I've had issues recovering in the past so if you can elaborate it would be great.

1:11 was me testing out whether or not that would work after choke, b/c the dtilt didn't work. I usually don't remember what's guaranteed on who (b/c I don't main this character), so I try to test it out based on size or how they bounce during the matches... does Marth even have guaranteed followups?

I didn't notice 1:01... I need to work a bit on setting up strings that don't start with me grounded.

And I have johns, I may have been slower than usual b/c I had literally not slept for 40 hours at that point [he gets the same johns] XD Thanks for the pointers. I wish I'd recorded more :\

:034:

Smash Hero
Cool Ganon PhantomX, but that Marth was soooo greedy off-stage, killed him more often than not.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
What do you mean by press the jump button while hanging there? I've had issues recovering in the past so if you can elaborate it would be great.
Ledge -> Stage options.
You mostly jumped right away after catching the ledge.

1:11 was me testing out whether or not that would work after choke, b/c the dtilt didn't work. I usually don't remember what's guaranteed on who (b/c I don't main this character), so I try to test it out based on size or how they bounce during the matches... does Marth even have guaranteed followups?
Only on tilting stages like Yoshi's Island. (Ganon on higher ground)

I didn't notice 1:01... I need to work a bit on setting up strings that don't start with me grounded.

And I have johns, I may have been slower than usual b/c I had literally not slept for 40 hours at that point [he gets the same johns] XD Thanks for the pointers. I wish I'd recorded more :\
Well, it's really hard to judge your Ganon just by watching 1 single match.
Give us sum moar :]

-Mars-

Smash Hero
That Marth player is absolutely horrible.......I don't care that they're just friendlies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'll try to start recording more offline matches. I have online stuff, but WiFi brawl is like an entirely different game :\

Gimme some ledge to stage options to start trying out. I've done that landing upair before, but most of the stuff I do is scar until I see an opportunity to (usually) jump high, MAYBE side - b if I'm lucky and they're not being careful.

And yes, the Marth was super greedy offstage, I told this to him XD

Sknil

Smash Rookie
Oh, okay. It just seemed like they were getting Dair'd/Wizkick'd every time. :p

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmxefpMUUB0&feature=quicklist

critique that jawn zig

the whole set if you would =] Obviously I don't want in depth, but just flaws that you see. A lot of the things that you see that seem TOO nubbish happen on accident, usually invovling wizkick xD
You'll have to wait for your turn, m8.

Gimme some ledge to stage options to start trying out
Hmm.. There should be a mini guide on Ledge -> Stage options. As well as RCO lag.

If you want advanced ledge -> stage trix, I can recomend a few:

Air dodge -> stage
Flipman
Ledge Jump -> Instant Double Jump -> anything. Dair is cool.

Dunno the name, but I call it "Stage Dive" when you hold down during your up+B to pass by the ledge.
It gives you very little lag if you space it perfectly, and the opponent might miss the chance of punishing it since they thought you would grab the ledge.

Ledge Jump -> instant Aerudo.
I call it the "Kalm sweep" just because Kalm gets the timing down perfectly everytime.
But I think Sliq came up with it. I dunno.
Help me out here...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I knew about the instant aerudo, but I botch that more often than not, or I get punished for it, so I try to avoid it. Flipman I usually do against less rangy charas, you recommend it against the likes of disjointed edgeguarders?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
you recommend it against the likes of disjointed edgeguarders?
Maybe if I can bait them first.

One method is:

Ledge drop -> DJ Uair -> Fall down -> Up+B to grab the ledge.
Then do the exact same thing again.
(This will hopefully make your opponent think "If he Ledgedrop -> uair again, I will edgehog his up+B")
But then you instagrab the ledge with aerudo efter the uair,
and then punish his attempt with Flipman -> Gerudo/Dash Attack :]

Heavy_Feet

Smash Rookie
I am not a pro or anything like that but from what I saw from your video I can probably give you a few pointers.

-Try to mix up your gerudo follow ups a bit more. From what I say what you mostly did was block and grab and it got predictable. What I like to do is T-stomp then follow up with a up smash then u-air for some quick damage. Also chainchoking is a great way to build up damage and it refreshes your moves.

-I saw you U-tilt a couple of times during the video now I dont know if they were on purpose or by accident but I mostly U-tilt for edgeguarding and even then the most I ever do in a match is once.

-There was two instances where you could of meteor smashed him one around 1:50 and the other around 3:00

-Dont be afraid to edgegaurd (tipman etc) I know its mario but most of ganons moves outrange mario and most characters

-Try to be less predictable with your gerudos as you can see 1:45 he predicted most of your moves switch it up

-Use ganons range to your advantage his f-smash has the most range out of all of his moves. What I do is when I hit them with a jab or any move that knocks them back I don't go after them instead I just stop they usually come dashing right towards me as soon as they get up and then I f-smash getting a kill. Its amazing how many times this strategy has worked for me.

-Also try to wait a little while before attacking. I also suffer from the same thing where I just attack as soon as possible just wait b/c most likely your opponent is going to spot dodge or roll like the Mario was doing.

Well I hope this helps like I said im not a pro or anything but its what I came up with

TP

Smash Master
I'd like to have a clip of my Ganon critiqued on at some point when it gets uploaded to youtube. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkpq36mTIZY

critique me now!
Meh. Your opponent was playing really bad, which makes it hard to tell how good you are. At any rate, you screwed up a thunderstomp, which means it was Wifi, which means it wasn't a good video to choose for us to critique.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

Ant1

Smash Ace
Swordsaint u should check up wizkick cancelling, u had a few opportunities to utilize it but didn't. It makes a video even more epic.
U can totally see it's wi-fi, what pointed it out to me was u flame choking to d-tilt 2 times in a row. Which doesnt happen if the opponent knows how to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom