• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Video & Video Critique Thread [Current Critique - MBmoney]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I'm gonna add a ranking list to the opening page, and put all the people who had critiques, from best to worst. Sound like a good idea?

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I don't think ranking people from best to worst is a good idea.

I'm not even sure how that would work with a thread devoted to correcting people's mistakes and making suggestions towards improving their game play.

Also, I'll edit this after watching kosk's video, though knowing him, I won't have much to say. :-/

teh editz:
Pit missing grabs in general, especially the forward throw chain grabs.
Could've just finished the game at 3:50 with ledge hog or any move but the dash attack you did.
I'm surprised your down-b worked against pit's u-air at 6:05, that normally gets out prioritized for me...
Also, I'm confused why the pit tried to d-tilt spike you whenever you were recovering. Arrows and hogging is the way to go.
Nothing really much to nitpick, post more vids of you losing.

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
I've been using standard attacks more than fsmashing, and I'm getting great results. Thank you for your help, A2ZOMG.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
It says the second one's been removed by the user.

And you $%&# boned the one in the first vid. What is there to critique?

I'm afraid I can't watch the third one, as I just can't get anything out of it; I can't see what the Olimar was even doing - given that's hard to do under the normal conditions. :urg:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Match #1 - I like the Utilt at 1:18. You did a good job not getting grabbed.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOF2P-xvRTc&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VruRddkGKb0&feature=channel_page

These are matches vs me and Kalm.

I know there are a few moments where he tried too hard to punish G&W's Smashes aggressively. Anything else you can point out?

First match you posted: Solid. Most of the mistakes you made were being too aggressive on the last stock. Also, you should have done a F-tilt or even a Jab from that Flame Choke.
Weren't those matches months ago? Like, they're really really old, I've improved a lot more since then.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Weren't those matches months ago? Like, they're really really old, I've improved a lot more since then.
Yeah, I know. It took me forever to upload those matches.

If that's the case, I look forward to rematching you. I just need real access to wifi...don't have that for my Wii right now.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I like 3:24 a lot in the first vid. Because of how well I predicted that roll lmao.

Ant1

Smash Ace
I can't watch those vids coz im at uni and don't wanna blow quota. But if i see flame-choke to d-tilts, im gonna go crazy.
Obviously wi-fi makes it possible, but its so unrealistic, i played m bro and he always rolls out be4 it hits him, even when he's playing G&W.

I got an awesome replay lately on wi-fi where it ganon comboed this guy into oblivion. Combo's do exist in brawl i tell ya1

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
But if i see flame-choke to d-tilts, im gonna go crazy.
Obviously wi-fi makes it possible, but its so unrealistic, i played m bro and he always rolls out be4 it hits him, even when he's playing G&W.

... Gerudo -> Dtilt is easier to perform offline.
Just Gerudo and GENTLY tilt down on the controlstick and press A, m8 :]

Ant1

Smash Ace

... Gerudo -> Dtilt is easier to perform offline.
Just Gerudo and GENTLY tilt down on the controlstick and press A, m8 :]
as i wrote in the other thread , all attempts to make the d-tilt connect failed, buffering etc (read my other post) didn't work. This was on vs G&W mind u.

I may put a video up showing it not working. Now this may be because the Australian version of brawl is different.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
as i wrote in the other thread , all attempts to make the d-tilt connect failed, buffering etc (read my other post) didn't work. This was on vs G&W mind u.

I may put a video up showing it not working. Now this may be because the Australian version of brawl is different.
The only possible things that could be different in other versions of brawl, are the sound effects, and the voices, nothing else.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

That's werid. have you tried putting Dtilt on [C-stick down] ?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
R2: 0:36 - 0:40 actually had a touch of sexyness to it, even though a Gerudo techchase often leads to better options.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
Ur Ganon is good. Just never do the Quake pls. And of course the usual don't do dumb crap like suiciding lol.
I fiqured the quake was good. It always makes my opponents DI towards me, well almost always. Dtilt doesnt set up for good kill combos as well i find, but you are right you most likly know a lot more than me about the king. Please don't ask about the suiciding lmao I pretty much never suicide. I guess I was tired or something that day :p

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Connecting Quake as a bait... Interesting, Iv'e never thought of the Quake as a bait

At low %'s you ALWAYS get punished for it when the opponent comes down.

But at high %'s the Quake sends them up higher. And 99% of the SSBB community most likely know how terrible the lag of Quake is, so they'll defenitly try to punish you, most likely with a powerful and laggy attack. But since they were launched higher in the air than usual (their high %) you might just get time enough to put up your shield, and then punish their laggy attack with a Ftilt in the face, which would kill them since they were at very high %.

...... Now I'm overthinking stuff again, am I not? >_>

I will try this Vs my friends.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
Connecting Quake as a bait... Interesting, Iv'e never thought of the Quake as a bait

At low %'s you ALWAYS get punished for it when the opponent comes down.

But at high %'s the Quake sends them up higher. And 99% of the SSBB community most likely know how terrible the lag of Quake is, so they'll defenitly try to punish you, most likely with a powerful and laggy attack. But since they were launched higher in the air than usual (their high %) you might just get time enough to put up your shield, and then punish their laggy attack with a Ftilt in the face, which would kill them since they were at very high %.

...... No I'm overthinking stuff again, am I not? >_>

I will try this Vs my friends.
Go ahead and try it. If you notice your opponent Airdodging a lot then chances are he will air dodge right into a grab after the quake. Or even better a Fsmash :p. Notice how I tried Ganon Punch lmao faillll.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The quake is technically inferior to any of Ganondorf's follow ups...just saying. Less damage and slower than D-tilt.

xXTACXx

Smash Journeyman
The quake is technically inferior to any of Ganondorf's follow ups...just saying. Less damage and slower than D-tilt.
Oh I didn't think it was slower >.<. I still stick to whatever I think is right in the match. Quake has always worked for me ill just try to stop using it the next couple of days and see what a differnce it makes in my Ganon.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I have several replays I want to put up but i have no way to upload them.. :(

Would anyone be able to capture and upload some replays for me if i could send them to them?

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I tend to only critique *close* matches or losing matches.
Otherwise, what's there to talk about.

I stopped after the first one because it wasn't close at all and you won.
And you're not Ray Kalm. What was the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom