• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAMEZONE Orlando, FLORIDA ( GONNA BE MELEE! )

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Cheaper entry fee usually gets way more people...

5$ will usually get a bunch of locals who are willing to do it just for fun
10$ will usually only get people who play the game regularly, who like to enter tournaments
15$ only gets people who either are really good, who love tournaments, or who believe it's the only way to get better

For doubles, the only two options are really $10 a team or $20 a team.

$10 a team will get lots of people
$20 a team will get only a few people

This almost always hold true except for gigabits, where tons of people enter because it's a 100 man tournament, which makes it more intriguing.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
Man, it was fun at the last game zone tourney (even though i lost 1st round), but i might have to go to the tournament at Gathering Place Games cuz I'm poor and it is way closer. I don't wanna have to choose.

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah, lower the price of doubles to 10 dollars. That way to participate in both events, it's only 15 bucks, which isn't expensive at all. Besides, you'll have to compete with the Gathering Place Games, and cheaper prices help to attract more people.

Gindler

Smash Champion
10 dollars for doubles would be amazing. Or if there was some money off if you bought something that'd be cool too, because that awesome n64 controller wants me to buy it

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
This should be interesting, just DON'T do it at the same time as a major tourney, Example, florida gamining or Gigs. Other wise, I'll go.

Noa.

Smash Master
Will you not respond to us Adrock?!

jk, but post some time.

You should also update the OP for the new tournament.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yeah, I've been waiting for an update on time too. 7pm was actually a pretty decent start time but this looks like it'll be a longer tournament. Caps should be allowed to enter this time too

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
relax guys, i'll talk to them at work today. let you guys know whats up later on today.

Noa.

Smash Master
Yes, we are all very impatient, and I'm glad everyone agrees with me. :) But it's ok Adrock if you're busy. We understand. But we're still waiting....

<3 Love April Fool's Day!

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
SORRY GUYS!
My computer had been down for quite some time
and you guys had alot of good points to make
so officially

THE COST WILL STAY AT $5 SINGLES AND $10 DOUBLES

REGISTRATION WILL START AT NOON FOR DOUBLES AND SINGLES
DOUBLES REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT 3 BECAUSE THATS WHEN DOUBLES WILL START

THEN SINGLES REGISTRATIONS WILL CLOSE WHEN DOUBLES ENDS

ON THAT NOTE:
DO NOT BRING ANY TVS. WE WILL HAVE IT COVERED AND TRY AND BRING IN ENOUGH FOR MORE FRIENDLIES.
WE ASK THAT YOU DON'T BRING ANY IN BECAUSE WE WOULDN'T WANT IT GETTING TOO CROWDED LIKE GIGS. ANGIE OUR BOSS SAID THAT THE TV'S WILL BE IN SOMETIME IN MAY SO WE WOULD HAVE TO WAIT, BUT WERE GETTING SPECIFIED PEOPLE WHO WE KNOW TO BRING IN TVS FOR MORE FRIENDLIES AND TO HELP THE TOURNEY RUN MORE SMOOTHLY.

AND IT WILL BE HELD ON THE 11TH OF APRIL

Noa.

Smash Master
AWESOME prices!

It's fine that you couldn't post. Life happens, you know?

So we don't bring tvs, but you still do want us to bring Wiis, right?

Date change is cool. That's next Saturday, right? I'll almost definetly be able to make it. Cheap prices are a good go!

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
AWESOME prices!

It's fine that you couldn't post. Life happens, you know?

So we don't bring tvs, but you still do want us to bring Wiis, right?

Date change is cool. That's next Saturday, right? I'll almost definetly be able to make it. Cheap prices are a good go!
yessir its a quick notice but thats it
and bring your wii if you'd like

hiROI

Smash Lord
dude that asian girl in your sig

amazing 0_0........

ahhhh i want to see her for my heart cannot bear it!
i know what you mean!

She was in Florida, specifically Miami, last friday promoting her latest album called This is the One, coming out May 12, 2009. This is ground breaking news. Plus she is amazing. KUDOS TO ADROCK FOR LOVING HIKARU UTADA. This tourny should be dedicated to that woman.

btw. For the tourny, would anyone mind if we played on a wii with texture hacks? They affect the game in no way but to make the costumes 10xHawter. Peach as Hannibal from Bleach=:):laugh::bee:;):lick::chuckle::psycho::p

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
hey adrock, post the time its gonna start cause i need to know if i need to request the whole day off on saturday or not. thanx.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
hey adrock, post the time its gonna start cause i need to know if i need to request the whole day off on saturday or not. thanx.
i thought i had posted it?
well registration for doubles starts at Noon and ends at 3 because thats when the doubles start and singles registration starts at the same time and ends when doubles ends because thats when singles starts
made sense retro?

-Spike-

Smash Ace
wanna team up? pit kirby and pit? FTW!!!
Sounds good to me, but ill give u confirmation by the end of this week. Most likely i am going tho!

BTW how long do you think this will run adrock? And are you guys capping off the number of entrant?

I would hate to drive out here and then not be able to join because too many people showed up.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good to me, but ill give u confirmation by the end of this week. Most likely i am going tho!

BTW how long do you think this will run adrock? And are you guys capping off the number of entrant?

I would hate to drive out here and then not be able to join because too many people showed up.
well you could drop by earlier bro and pre register!

Noa.

Smash Master
the thing to make them differernt colors?
I have the thing that makes them different colors. It's just a wii with hacks on it. hiROI's my friend. But yeah, he just wanted to check and see if people would be ok playing with some texture hacks, if only for friendlies. There's a texture hack for Peach that makes her look like a Bleach character. And he fell in love with it. But only for friendlies would we play with texture hacks. He just wanted to check to make sure that people don't mind friendlies in strange colors.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
i will try but will it be capped off?
yes it will be capped
were not sure at how many people yet though
maybe 40 or maybe 50
we don't want it getting too crowded you know?

but what you can do is drop by the store earlier and pay your money like through out the week before the day of the tourney to save a spot
or if you don't have the money you can just drop by to write your name on the list
just to save you a spot you know?
they like you there anyway of course were gonna want you to come back bro
were gonna need someone who offers the good competition

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
i will try but will it be capped off?
I have the thing that makes them different colors. It's just a wii with hacks on it. hiROI's my friend. But yeah, he just wanted to check and see if people would be ok playing with some texture hacks, if only for friendlies. There's a texture hack for Peach that makes her look like a Bleach character. And he fell in love with it. But only for friendlies would we play with texture hacks. He just wanted to check to make sure that people don't mind friendlies in strange colors.
yeah i know i love bleach
well im pretty sure he can bring it in
im interested to see what they look like
so yeah its his wii and its only for friendlies
be my guest hiroi

Gindler

Smash Champion
Well there should be a texture for white/black yoshi............they kinda forgot to make them for real for some reason

Top Bottom