• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAMEZONE Orlando, FLORIDA ( GONNA BE MELEE! )

-Spike-

Smash Ace
i'll make sure to ask angie my boss about it
hopefully we can arrange something bro
it was cool your girlfriend supported your smashing
i wish i had one like that haha
LoL! Yea she was all happy for me. On the ride home she kept sayn I shoulda won, she couldnt quite understand that mk and snake is really tuff to beat, Especially tonys LOL! But it was kewl. I usually bring her to the small tournies, but neva to Gigs cuz too much sausage (dont want everyone staring my girl down), plus it smells like *** mixed with BO ,and its just way too crowded.

Gindler

Smash Champion
i'll make sure to ask angie my boss about it
hopefully we can arrange something bro
it was cool your girlfriend supported your smashing
i wish i had one like that haha
That's why spike did so well :chuckle:

LoL! Yea she was all happy for me. On the ride home she kept sayn I shoulda won, she couldnt quite understand that mk and snake is really tuff to beat, Especially tonys LOL! But it was kewl. I usually bring her to the small tournies, but neva to Gigs cuz too much sausage (dont want everyone staring my girl down), plus it smells like *** mixed with BO ,and its just way too crowded.
That's why I only do doubles usually. The smell/combinedbodyheat/inability to move all get to me after a while

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
it was still impressive to get far with pit bro i was impressed

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Yea thanx bro! Its not easy winning with light weight character who is kinda homo lol.
lol well im tired! i used to love playing with pit hes so cool with his two swords into a bow
how is that not cool?
wayyy cooler then a ****** in high heals using a really SHORT sword
ack don't stop playing with him bro just take what everyone says and forget it cause i hate when people bash pit

ahhhh and theres my daily vent-_-

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Pit is sooo ridiculously strong <=P. Is another of Lucas hard match up...
I still having trouble with Mar's Pit...cuz his nasteh X3

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
GG's to everyone I played against. It felt good to play at a brawl event again as well as meeting people that I have seen before. It was also good to go against a good yoshi player even though that little green monster wouldn't stop eating me lol. Good times all around, I hope to see you guys again at the upcoming tourneys in April:

3/28/09 Gigabits - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217752

4/11/09 GP Brawl 1 - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7004502#post7004502

4/18/09 Florida Gaming - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218121

4/25/09 Gigabits - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225512

-Spike-

Smash Ace
GG's to everyone I played against. It felt good to play at a brawl event again as well as meeting people that I have seen before. It was also good to go against a good yoshi player even though that little green monster wouldn't stop eating me lol. Good times all around, I hope to see you guys again at the upcoming tourneys in April:

3/28/09 Gigabits - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217752

4/11/09 GP Brawl 1 - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7004502#post7004502

4/18/09 Florida Gaming - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218121

4/25/09 Gigabits - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225512
Im pretty sure the Florida gaming tourney on 4/18 has been canceled. Look in the forum and check for yourself. Idk if they are going to reschedule either.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
So when Should Game Zone's Next Tournament be guys?
I know that a new store called Gathering Place that was going to have its tourney 4/11 but is seems like they are going to change it to 4/18 because there is a tourney in tallahasse going on 4/11. This store is failry close to yours and may be closer to the majority of CFL so i would recommend picking a different day then them.

Gigs tourney will be on 4/25 and Florida Gaming has canceled there date and hasn't posted a new one yet.

So it looks like 4/11 or 4/18 mayb. Or if you guys are up to it even tho its pretty soon, I know 4/4 is open LOL.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Pit is sooo ridiculously strong <=P. Is another of Lucas hard match up...
I still having trouble with Mar's Pit...cuz his nasteh X3
Try spike's pit. I woulda done better against Tony, at least he doesn't 2 stock me like spike :lick:

Ha, yeah sorry about that CG is all yoshi's got on MK :chuckle:

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Try spike's pit. I woulda done better against Tony, at least he doesn't 2 stock me like spike :lick:

Ha, yeah sorry about that CG is all yoshi's got on MK :chuckle:
Two things

1. Your making me blush LOL. Spike possibly the best pit in florida... Im just gonna throw that out there XD! (espcially since I heard Danny quit)
2. Gindlers Yoshi is 2 beast! It can beat MK's :coolmonke

Toneh

Smash Lord
I know that a new store called Gathering Place that was going to have its tourney 4/11 but is seems like they are going to change it to 4/18 because there is a tourney in tallahasse going on 4/11. This store is failry close to yours and may be closer to the majority of CFL so i would recommend picking a different day then them.

Gigs tourney will be on 4/25 and Florida Gaming has canceled there date and hasn't posted a new one yet.

So it looks like 4/11 or 4/18 mayb. Or if you guys are up to it even tho its pretty soon, I know 4/4 is open LOL.
How soon are you guys gonna have the tv's and everything? by april 4? :D

If not, then yea, what spike said, 4/11 or 4/18.

Pick whatever day this tournament doesn't fall on

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227190

Do you guys plan on keeping it $5 entry and $5 per person for doubs? :p

Gindler

Smash Champion
Two things

1. Your making me blush LOL. Spike possibly the best pit in florida... Im just gonna throw that out there XD! (espcially since I heard Danny quit)
1. Ha sorry. Best pit I've played. Of course I've only played 3 (but retro says those ones fight really gay, I guess I just stayed to close for them to camp but you can actually fight at close range)
2.Well...I was the best yoshi there, only one too :laugh:

How soon are you guys gonna have the tv's and everything? by april 4? :D

If not, then yea, what spike said, 4/11 or 4/18.

Pick whatever day this tournament doesn't fall on

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227190

Do you guys plan on keeping it $5 entry and $5 per person for doubs? :p
If it stayed 5 bucks per event that'd be amazing and I'd have no choice but to show up :)
then I'd be able to buy that nice n64 controller I saw, if only I woulda won last time I woulda got in on the spot :)

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
It's official, GP is gonna have their brawl tourney on April 18th so please promote it in the CFL area. It turns out that it's the only other weekend available in April. They're having a mortal kombat (DA & armageddon) tourney on the 4th, DBZ tenkaichi 3 tourney on the 11th, now Brawl on the 18th, and SF4 on the 25th, so they are gonna be busy this month. Check the link below if you haven't already for the brawl tourney.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7012080&posted=1#post7012080

-Spike-

Smash Ace
It's official, GP is gonna have their brawl tourney on April 18th so please promote it in the CFL area. It turns out that it's the only other weekend available in April. They're having a mortal kombat (DA & armageddon) tourney on the 4th, DBZ tenkaichi 3 tourney on the 11th, now Brawl on the 18th, and SF4 on the 25th, so they are gonna be busy this month. Check the link below if you haven't already for the brawl tourney.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7012080&posted=1#post7012080
Ummmm on that note....I dont think anyone here is going to mortal kombat or even plays dbz tenkaichi 3 XD. Since Gathering place is using 4/18 that leaves 4/11 open. So, I would probably have the tourney on 4/11 but its your call.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Two things

I would object on these two things...if may I :p

1) I would like to see Spike vs Mars and probably R@ven pit's to see who's good and what not. Furthermore, According to Galeon, Danny haven't quit his pit, he just got better, what what I herd.

2) I would also like to see Gindlers Yoshi play D-torr and H-box brothers yoshi :p

Why?

Because I like to see these match up on dittos to see whos whom. and because I like to see good people fight each other to see whos best and the likes :p.

HOWEVER!!!

Every player have their onw style of game play, so they are all pros on my opinion :p.

nuff said

-Spike-

Smash Ace

1) I would like to see Spike vs Mars and probably R@ven pit's to see who's good and what not. Furthermore, According to Galeon, Danny haven't quit his pit, he just got better, what what I herd.

2) I would also like to see Gindlers Yoshi play D-torr and H-box brothers yoshi :p

Why?

Because I like to see these match up on dittos to see whos whom. and because I like to see good people fight each other to see whos best and the likes :p.

HOWEVER!!!

Every player have their onw style of game play, so they are all pros on my opinion :p.

nuff said
Yea i would love to play all of them. But like you said everyone has their own styles at playing and just because u win at dittos doesn't necessarily mean your better, it just means you are better at dittos lol. All of those pits mentioned above are very worthy of pro status. Your lucas too!

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

Why?

HOWEVER!!!

nuff said
where's sheermadness when i wanna kirby ditto him?!

Gindler

Smash Champion

Why?

HOWEVER!!!

nuff said
First off, you realized dittos solve nothing? that's been understood since brawl came out.
1. I haven't played danny but I think I play mars in a random gigs and spike can two stock me withtout much problem.

2. Well he just said I was beast not best in blank. I've played sprinkles (hbox's brothers yoshi), most recently we did 1 ditto and he won, before that day we had 1 ditto and I won. So we're 1:1, and if you haven't seen my sig I hate yoshi dittos and usually go Ness for the matchup because it's pretty annoying so far I've played like 6 yoshi dittos since brawl's release. Oh and polt is the best yoshi I've seen I can't believe you didn't mention him :chuckle:

-Spike-

Smash Ace
First off, you realized dittos solve nothing? that's been understood since brawl came out.
1. I haven't played danny but I think I play mars in a random gigs and spike can two stock me withtout much problem.

2. Well he just said I was beast not best in blank. I've played sprinkles (hbox's brothers yoshi), most recently we did 1 ditto and he won, before that day we had 1 ditto and I won. So we're 1:1, and if you haven't seen my sig I hate yoshi dittos and usually go Ness for the matchup because it's pretty annoying so far I've played like 6 yoshi dittos since brawl's release. Oh and polt is the best yoshi I've seen I can't believe you didn't mention him :chuckle:
I played polt in friendlies once and was barely able to beat him. So either I got better or he is just supa beast and mayb even the best yoshi here. But even with that being said i still like Gindler's yoshi.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I played polt in friendlies once and was barely able to beat him. So either I got better or he is just supa beast and mayb even the best yoshi here. But even with that being said i still like Gindler's yoshi.
Ha, I do hear he adapts well. I'm horrible at adapting. And I've seen how impressively beast he is. Yeah I'm suprised that AB didn't mention Polt he's too good not to know :). and of course you beat him geez

Zip.

Smash Lord
Ha, I do hear he adapts well. I'm horrible at adapting. And I've seen how impressively beast he is. Yeah I'm suprised that AB didn't mention Polt he's too good not to know :). and of course you beat him geez
lol my first gigs he took down everything i had but d3 =/
and i barely won.. =/
spike is too good, case and point xD

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
oh, one thing i need to make clear, gamezone gave 60% of the pot to the winners. so they didn't keep the majority of it. and i also heard thta they are getting a couple of new tvs. when should the next tourney take place guys, cause they're asking me for help.

Toneh

Smash Lord
oh, one thing i need to make clear, gamezone gave 60% of the pot to the winners. so they didn't keep the majority of it.
me, $35, spike $20, retro $10 = $65 given out.
31 ppl x $5 = $155 total
So thats about $90 kept then, or about 42% of the pot given out.
No complaints, just giving numbers

has the new one been planned yet adrock?

Gindler

Smash Champion
me, $35, spike $20, retro $10 = $65 given out.
31 ppl x $5 = $155 total
So thats about $90 kept then, or about 42% of the pot given out.
No complaints, just giving numbers

has the new one been planned yet adrock?
Don't forget the t-shirt they gave you, that's like 10 bucks maybe idk. Either way I don't mind, since I didn't get any money :ohwell:

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Yea i would love to play all of them. But like you said everyone has their own styles at playing and just because u win at dittos doesn't necessarily mean your better, it just means you are better at dittos lol. All of those pits mentioned above are very worthy of pro status. Your lucas too!
yup!, and my lucas...eh...X.x

where's sheermadness when i wanna kirby ditto him?!
No Idea :p

2. Well he just said I was beast not best in blank. I've played sprinkles (hbox's brothers yoshi), most recently we did 1 ditto and he won, before that day we had 1 ditto and I won. So we're 1:1, and if you haven't seen my sig I hate yoshi dittos and usually go Ness for the matchup because it's pretty annoying so far I've played like 6 yoshi dittos since brawl's release. Oh and polt is the best yoshi I've seen I can't believe you didn't mention him
Of course dittos don't solve anything! They are boring as **** to watch. Have you seen H-box and Sabrik go at it? That was a grab-*** fest than..eh. Falcon Dittos are always entertaining because you never know whos going to knee/F. Puch each other XD.

1: I herd that danny got good, would like to see him. Mars is comming to gigs, told him to go to h-box for some team training...but meh. Spike is really good by what I saw, I think I played him before?

2: I still want to play you cuz your yoshi is interesting :3. As for Sprinkles...he call himself Dx and mains Kirby while second yoshi. Hmmm...I think I saw that match but I don't recall really. And yea, I saw your sig a little late X3. but like I said, dittos are boring. Yea, I herd about the guy but I forgot his name X.x.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
GAMEZONE SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL SINGLES and DOUBLES(wink*wink*)TOURNEY!

April 18th 2009

Format: Singles and Doubles

Time and Registration:
TBA

Gamer Fees:

Singles $10
Doubles $15 per team
(sorry guys gotta up the pay so you can win more)
Cash Only

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Items = Off
Friendly Fire=On
No Planking
No more then 70 ledge grabs per match

Tournament is two out of three with the EVERY MATCH until finals and finals best 3 out of 5.

BYOC!
And if you would like to bring your wii and a tv for your own setup to do friendlies and make it run more smooth, be our guest. We do ask that there not be more then 4 T.V.s brought.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

Banned:

Rainbow Cruise
Pipes (Yoshi's Island - Melee)
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

Prizes:

Singles
Doubles
TBA!
(talking it over with my boss to see if we can make it more or what)

We will have chips for sale and soda just like last time.

Orlando, FL 32812
(407) 812-1474
call to get directions

If any questions call the store number or my cell at 321-202-0169
SORRY FOR NOT HAVING SOMETHINGS TBA
Have to make sure we find it all out but we will get up all the info on probably sunday.

P.S.
THERE WILL BE LOSERS BRACKET THIS TIME! FOR ALL US LOSERS :]
(Including me :[ first round out ack!)

Noa.

Smash Master
Hooray for loser's braket! I live off that thing.

15 dollars for a team to enter? Usually they're even numbers so that the partners can split the cost. You could just make it 14 or 16 dollars, you know.

Funny how you say that we bring no more than 4 TVs. That's the first time I ever heard a restriction in the number of setups that can be used. Do you still want wiis? How many tvs do you have now?

For what time the tourney starts, you need it to be earlier, like at 4 maybe?

To advertise and to attract, either make a new thread or change the title to announce the new tourney.

I'll be sure that I'm there.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Hooray for loser's braket! I live off that thing.

15 dollars for a team to enter? Usually they're even numbers so that the partners can split the cost. You could just make it 14 or 16 dollars, you know.

Funny how you say that we bring no more than 4 TVs. That's the first time I ever heard a restriction in the number of setups that can be used. Do you still want wiis? How many tvs do you have now?

For what time the tourney starts, you need it to be earlier, like at 4 maybe?

To advertise and to attract, either make a new thread or change the title to announce the new tourney.

I'll be sure that I'm there.
thanks bro
yeah im new to this thing so yeah
its of short notice but we'll get everthing answered when i talk to angie my boss

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Just do 10 a team.

I'm going to win teams anyway,(I say this both jokingly and with utmost sincerity :)) so there's no need to make it 15, or else no one will enter.

and don't let there be a limit on people bringing tv's, there's no reason to ever do that.

If you need help running the bracket I can help :):)

-Spike-

Smash Ace
thanks bro
yeah im new to this thing so yeah
its of short notice but we'll get everthing answered when i talk to angie my boss
Two things:

1. You forgot to mention the time registration starts and the time when singles and doubles start XD.

2. There is a tournament very close to your location on the same day. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227190&page=2
Idk if this will affect your outcome. Personally the other place is closer for me but I would like to attend your tourney. Just giving you guys a heads up.

Top Bottom