• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAMEZONE Orlando, FLORIDA ( GONNA BE MELEE! )

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
lol..5th place here...proud of my self. I also gave advice to all lucases main there..
But yo, i felt at home whe ni was there for some reason, a good aura really. Can't wait for the next tone
sucks tha there was no losser brakets nor counter pic, witch was a challange...but you know me, i like challanges <3.

oh and 2 hrs and 30 mins of bike ride from tehre to h-box place @_@

too tired so shout goes to the new friends i mades and the likes.

Noa.

Smash Master
Aweosme tournament. Even thought having no loser's braket sucked, I still player tons of friendlies. Espicially doubles.

Fighting retro in friendlies is too fun, espicially when I spam G&W's Uair. Lol, retro's a cool guy.

You'll bet that I'll be here for the next tournament. Like action said, it had a good atmosphere.

p.s. laggy tvs suck!

-Spike-

Smash Ace
So yea... definitely took second place!!! **** tony's snake LOL!!! GG's to all that played me, especially Tecco (SUPA BEAST ROB) and Retro too XD! Someone should post the Brawl Rules here so the next tourney will have cps and banns and double elimination and all that good stuff. So GAMEZONE i gotta say good job with your first tourney and I really enjoyed myself. Let us know when the next tourney will be.

Oh yea does gamezone have a website? I wanna see my pic they took XD

Results of Gamezone Top 5 out of 31:

1. TONY $35
2. SPIKE $20
3. KENYU
4. RETRO
5. GINDLER

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
TO EVERYONE!
We were so glad soo may of you guys could make it!
Congrats to TONY for taking first place! Impressive win
good job spike and retro and i give major props to action ******* for taking the time out of his busy schedule
it was an honest and good tourney you guys saved my job by having you guys all show up
yeah next time we will be improved with no laggy TVS and counter picks and banns and the losers bracket and the whole shabang
we really appreciate you guys all comming out hopefully we'll have an even better turn out next time
it'll take place in maybe amonth or so so I will be back with the details!

Thanks to everyone and you have our numbers is anything give us a call!
-Adrock
(lost first match to Virgil)

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
So yea... definitely took second place!!! **** tony's snake LOL!!! GG's to all that played me, especially Tecco (SUPA BEAST ROB) and Retro too XD! Someone should post the Brawl Rules here so the next tourney will have cps and banns and double elimination and all that good stuff. So GAMEZONE i gotta say good job with your first tourney and I really enjoyed myself. Let us know when the next tourney will be.

1. TONY $35
2. SPIKE $20
3. KENYU
4. RETRO
5. GINDLER
yeah bro we dont have a web site but i could send it to you when i get the chance?
and were thinking about making one

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Aweosme tournament. Even thought having no loser's braket sucked, I still player tons of friendlies. Espicially doubles.

Fighting retro in friendlies is too fun, espicially when I spam G&W's Uair. Lol, retro's a cool guy.

You'll bet that I'll be here for the next tournament. Like action said, it had a good atmosphere.

p.s. laggy tvs suck!
haha thanks for the "P.S."
yeah bro hopefully you can come out again with all of our flaws fixed!

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
lol..5th place here...proud of my self. I also gave advice to all lucases main there..
But yo, i felt at home whe ni was there for some reason, a good aura really. Can't wait for the next tone
sucks tha there was no losser brakets nor counter pic, witch was a challange...but you know me, i like challanges <3.

oh and 2 hrs and 30 mins of bike ride from tehre to h-box place @_@

too tired so shout goes to the new friends i mades and the likes.
you don't know how much we appreciate it it Action *******
yeah i felt the atomospherey thing too bro it as great
thanks for helping out my little brother Claus with the whole lucas training and the others
we felt like you really knew what you were talking about and it was great having you there man!

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

1. TONY $35
2. SPIKE $20
3. KENYU
4. RETRO
5. GINDLER
actually they said i came in 3rd, but whatever. i am so going to find a way around your pit, just you wait!

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Nvm prize is only 20%.

That means if 30 ppl come winner gets $30 lol.

edit: Gamezone I know u guys are new to tourneys but ur not gonna get a whole lotta people comming back if you're taking 80% of the pot.
SHEERMADNESS

yeah we know we kinda got the idea
but that was only because it was our first tourney

SheerMadness

Smash Master
SHEERMADNESS

yeah we know we kinda got the idea
but that was only because it was our first tourney
Ok well next time u should make it $15 entries and take 40-50% of the pot and you'll make a lot more money.

Toneh

Smash Lord
late night post since we had a smash fest after the tourny :chuckle:

1. TONY $35
2. SPIKE $20
3. KENYU
4. RETRO
5. GINDLER
radiX ;p
im pretty sure retro did get 3rd and kenyu got 4th.

yeah bro we dont have a web site but i could send it to you when i get the chance?
and were thinking about making one
yea pm me mine on smashboards i wanna see too lol

Gj Radix,spike and kenyu
:)
Ok well next time u should make it $15 entries and take 40-50% of the pot and you'll make a lot more money.
ewww 50% thats Play-n-Trade style :/, gigs only does 30% and they take down their computers. Gamestore tournies still stay open!

it was an honest and good tourney you guys saved my job by having you guys all show up
yeah next time we will be improved with no laggy TVS and counter picks and banns and the losers bracket and the whole shabang
we really appreciate you guys all comming out hopefully we'll have an even better turn out next time
oh reallly didnt know your job was on the line lol.
but yea cant wait for the next one.

gg's guys

-Spike-

Smash Ace
im pretty sure retro did get 3rd and kenyu got 4th.
Oh i got confused! My bad Retro! So to clear it up retro actually got third (even tho i think two of his matches were against little kids 8yrs and under lol) however he gave me a good match so props to Retro and Kirby!

Gindler

Smash Champion
TO EVERYONE!
We were so glad soo may of you guys could make it!
Congrats to TONY for taking first place! Impressive win
good job spike and retro and i give major props to action ******* for taking the time out of his busy schedule

Thanks to everyone and you have our numbers is anything give us a call!
-Adrock
(lost first match to Virgil)
Doubles would be nice to, if not that's fine though

1. TONY $35
2. SPIKE $20
3. KENYU
4. RETRO
5. GINDLER
Gah, everyone I was worried about was taken out. Except spike, he's the only one I knew had a 100% chance of beating me out of these top 5ers :p
Oh well maybe next time, a 5 dollar tourney i could care less what the payout is (better than payin 15 for nothing)

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Doubles would be nice to, if not that's fine though

Gah, everyone I was worried about was taken out. Except spike, he's the only one I knew had a 100% chance of beating me out of these top 5ers :p
Oh well maybe next time, a 5 dollar tourney i could care less what the payout is (better than payin 15 for nothing)
Yea i didnt do it for payout just for fun. I shoulda let you take on Tony lol!

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
you don't know how much we appreciate it it Action *******
yeah i felt the atomospherey thing too bro it as great
thanks for helping out my little brother Claus with the whole lucas training and the others
we felt like you really knew what you were talking about and it was great having you there man!
So i herd zoro is pirate-chan, do i get a Straw hat- chan :p?

But anyways, yea, I told him anything he need to know about lucas. However, I know that I am pro and all but Galeon is where the super pro is at.

good **** GZ

Gindler

Smash Champion
Yea i didnt do it for payout just for fun. I shoulda let you take on Tony lol!
HA, good job on second either way.

Hopefully if there is a next time there'll be a loser's bracket

and no more depressing TV, something was wrong with that

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
So i herd zoro is pirate-chan, do i get a Straw hat- chan :p?

But anyways, yea, I told him anything he need to know about lucas. However, I know that I am pro and all but Galeon is where the super pro is at.

good **** GZ
haha thanks bro
yeah thats what we call him
he taught us everything
and he looks like a pirate-_-

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Hey Guys yeah we were probably gonna do dooubles too
in the future tourneys
so yeah would you guys like them all in the same day?
or a different weekend or something?
i think maybe option A but tell me what you guys think so we can know

-Spike-

Smash Ace
in the future tourneys
Definitely in the same day!

Zip.

Smash Lord
Hopefully i can come to one of these, seems like it went pretty well from what everyones saying.(and doubles would be nice as well)

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Hopefully i can come to one of these, seems like it went pretty well from what everyones saying.(and doubles would be nice as well)
You should definitely come to the next one! This one went really well and the next one will go even better!

Gindler

Smash Champion
in the future tourneys
Same day for sure, some people live a decent distance away (us UCF area kids) so it'd make our lives easier at least

It went suprisingly well for a places first tourney (hard knocks was horrible), and there were no uber jerks (you know like controller spikers) which is getting rare

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah doubles would definitley have to be the same day lol.

Will the next one have a good payout though?

KENYU

Smash Apprentice
Gj Radix,spike and kenyu
ty :)

well i had thought that since radix won, and i lost to radix, and since spike got second and retro lost to him, i got third. but oh well! :confused:

ggs to all. cant wait for the next one, hopefully with doubles! :D

-Spike-

Smash Ace
ty :)

well i had thought that since radix won, and i lost to radix, and since spike got second and retro lost to him, i got third. but oh well! :confused:

ggs to all. cant wait for the next one, hopefully with doubles! :D
That sounds about right. I thought u had third too but idk everyone else said retro. LOL oh well all that matters is that you did good!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I like tournaments with low entry and low payout better.

It keeps GREEDY people like co18 and hrnut from attending. :088::007:

-Spike-

Smash Ace
TO EVERYONE!

Any news about what day the next tourney will be on. I know for April has a few tourneys set up already. There is a gigs tourney on 4/25 and there is also a Florida Gaming tourney in April on 4/18. So just giving you a guys a heads up.

Oh yea will the future tourneys be held at about the same time. Having it later in the day allowed me to work and make the tourney :)

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah doubles would definitley have to be the same day lol.

Will the next one have a good payout though?
hopefully
were hopeing more people would come and charge maybe 10 for both competition like brawl doubles and singles
?
that sound better?
or like 5 for singles and 10 for doubles
but yeah more people more payout

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Any news about what day the next tourney will be on. I know for April has a few tourneys set up already. There is a gigs tourney on 4/25 and there is also a Florida Gaming tourney in April on 4/18. So just giving you a guys a heads up.

Oh yea will the future tourneys be held at about the same time. Having it later in the day allowed me to work and make the tourney :)
i'll make sure to ask angie my boss about it
hopefully we can arrange something bro
it was cool your girlfriend supported your smashing
i wish i had one like that haha

Top Bottom