• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAMEZONE Orlando, FLORIDA ( GONNA BE MELEE! )

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
If you guys ever host a tourney on any day that isn't a school day, I'm going. <_< >_>
Totally. -nodnod.-

And you should do Melee. o.o More people would be more involved, methinks. Because everyone loves Melee! :3
Even though I suck at Melee, BUT STILL! >:3
not really. i don't love melee, but if its what most people want then you should do. of course i'm not gonna compete in it because kirby is horrible in melee.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
yeah
but the thing is our tournaments aren't quite top priority over the others
so we kinda wait it out somewhat to see that gigs, the gathering place, and Florida gaming arent the same weekend
once those are outta the way we choose
i guess
As of right now, I'm looking at scheduling the next GP Tourney for May 23rd. Also, I think we should cooperate when we set tournament dates so that we don't schedule events on the same day, and maybe I could get some fliers from your store to put them in Gathering Place and vice versa. Just some thoughts of mine.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
As of right now, I'm looking at scheduling the next GP Tourney for May 23rd. Also, I think we should cooperate when we set tournament dates so that we don't schedule events on the same day, and maybe I could get some fliers from your store to put them in Gathering Place and vice versa. Just some thoughts of mine.
yes thank you bro for making me aware of this
yes i agree totally so we dont loose customers and we will even help each other out
would there be any time your able to drop by gamezone?
here's my cell
321-202-0169

get to me so we can discuss

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
in that case, i'll have to go to the next gp tourney. hopefully tony will be able to do doubles with me again.

Noa.

Smash Master
When's the next Gamingzone tourney? I think that it should be May 9th. Two weeks notice should be enough time, and we don't have to worry about competing for other tourneys.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
When's the next Gamingzone tourney? I think that it should be May 9th. Two weeks notice should be enough time, and we don't have to worry about competing for other tourneys.
Yea, I think may 9th is open. I will probably come to this. Its kinda a far drive, but if the attendance is good Ill come. I'm more than likely only going to do singles. It depends tho on if I find a partner I feel comfortable with by the time this comes around.

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah, I'll be sure to be there. Next weekend.

And change the thread title so people know that there's a new tourney. It helps attract more people.

Noa.

Smash Master
Everyone should come to this. These tournaments are generally very well run. A very friendly atmosphere too.

Seems like you're not doing melee, OK.

Also, doubles prices should be an even number, imo. It's just easier for teams to pay that way. Make it 14$ or 16$.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Everyone should come to this. These tournaments are generally very well run. A very friendly atmosphere too.

Seems like you're not doing melee, OK.

Also, doubles prices should be an even number, imo. It's just easier for teams to pay that way. Make it 14$ or 16$.
Wow. You're from Kissimmee.

Noa.

Smash Master
Wow. You're from Kissimmee.
Yes, and?

Do you mean that I'm biased because I'm from Kissimmee. And no, I don't think that all of FL should go to this, but those in the area should. It's decent.

Or if I completely misunderstood you, :psycho:

But yeah, what you mean?

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Yes, and?

Do you mean that I'm biased because I'm from Kissimmee. And no, I don't think that all of FL should go to this, but those in the area should. It's decent.

Or if I completely misunderstood you, :psycho:

But yeah, what you mean?
You did misunderstand. I was just surprised to see that someone else here is from Kissimmee. *points to own location*. And you play G&W too. O_O

Toneh

Smash Lord
Prizes:

Singles
1st:30% of the pot.
2nd:10%
Same for Doubles

Worse pot ****** i've seen in the entire U.S.
That was the same amount at the last 2 tournies.
Nothing against you adrock but im prolly gona skip it.
A few others I know of might as well.

It should be at least 70%, but a fair amount is like 80% to 90%.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
the largest acceptable pot **** is usually 50%. (iNET and some other tournaments)

taking 60% is.......

enough to turn TONY away.

lol

and raising the entrance fee isn't going to help.

when it comes to money people attend tournaments for two reasons.

low entry fee, or high prizes

I don't know why your manager wants to make so much money off of this, but tell her that in the long run, she will be making more money with a repeated local tournament series with high attendance, than with a failing tournament series that never gets many people because of the high entrance fee and low pow distribution.

remember, not everyone who goes to tournaments expects to win money. most people go for fun or experience.

Noa.

Smash Master
You did misunderstand. I was just surprised to see that someone else here is from Kissimmee. *points to own location*. And you play G&W too. O_O
Lol, people do live in Kissimmee. Unfortunately, not many of them smash. But it's cool that you also play G&W.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Kissimmee <3

Hello all who live in kissimme ;D

If yall are planning to come to this, maybe we should meet up for a fest :)

hiROI

Smash Lord
Umm...I live in the intersection of OBT and Donegon or Donegon and John Young. I'm like 5 minutes away ;D

but Draconoa lives like 2 or 3 minutes I'm guessing since your bvl. Do you live off florida parkway?

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys
honestly

i dont want tony to leave
lol

okay so tommorrow I will talk to my boss about it
and say that were loosing good entries because of our pot ****
i totally understand and i will get every employee there to tryn and get her to understand

Noa.

Smash Master
We thank you Adrock. Not that I really should care about the pot ****, but Rx, Tony and others do have a point.

Also, I live 5 min. from the BVL library. A fest would be fun, just need a time and place.

Top Bottom