• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAMEZONE Orlando, FLORIDA ( GONNA BE MELEE! )

-Spike-

Smash Ace
HRNUT on walnuts account looks like HRNUT will be attending
Is HRNUT teaming with walnut?

P.S.

GUYS THEY NEED SETUPS! Please bring some if you can because I dont want this to be another long tourney like gigs! I can't bring a tv, but im bringing my wii! The more we bring the smoother and quicker this will run!

SO PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!!

~thank you XD

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Yo Im in Texas right now, Mk18 plans to go. He needs a teammate you should team, youll most likely win.
****! I have been wanting to team with mk18 for the longest! Oh well guess there is always next time. Well if my partner doesn't show up for some reason at least i got options :)

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
****, I'm still partnerless!!! I'll have to find a last minute one once I get there. I'll be sure to get there early. Oh and I'm bringing my wii. My TV is too big and too much of a hassle to get out of my entertainment center.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
hey sensei walnut wants to know if you would like to team and i'll team with mk18 if will doesnt make it

Hiroi walnut doesnt have a teammate if him and sensei dont team you can team with him if you want he plays mario and dk...a couple others as well

CO18 you better **** that tourney over there you gotta beat a name equal to or bigger than the spammer lol, good luck

hiROI

Smash Lord
So my partner cant make it, which means no texture hacks D; This must wait for next time!

I'll probably just do singles

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Results:

Doubles:

1: will smith and jamie foxx (xyz + hrnut) ($40.00)
2: retrogamer+radix (retrogamer + radix) ($20.00)
3: Noob test (Sheer + Rx)
4: almost perfect strangers (Spike + gallax)
5: orange soda (? + ?)
5: Action *******s bike!! (zoro + vericz)
7: honorable mention (caps + gindz)
7: Super mario Bros (sensei + walnut)
9: Teeco+Kenyu (Teeco + Kenyu)
9: evan+austin (evan + austin)
9: Incesty Bros (Adrock + Claus)
9: lemon pledge (Dan + lan)

Singles:

1: Hrnut($20.00)
2: Rx-($20.00)
3: radiX
4: Zoro
5: Sensei
5: SheerMadness
7: Gindler
7: Walnut
9: Gallax
9: Daniel Dierksen
9: Moo!
9: Noa44
13: Hiroi
13: Adrock
13: N3xus
13: Caleb
14: Beast (the best toon-link player ever)
17: Andre
17: Jonathan Chiem
17: Matt Bigelow-Final
17: Alan DeFunck
17: D4rk_Kn1t3

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Winner's Finals was radiX and Hrnut
Loser's Finals was Rx- and radiX
Grand Finals was Rx- and Hrnut

I lost to radiX in winners semi-finals 1-2
I beat radiX in loser's finals 3-0
I beat Hrnut the first set of grand finals 3-1
I lost to Hrnut in the second set of GF 3-1

hiROI

Smash Lord
orange soda<33
those were some epic matches with teeco and kenyu.

And Sensei and Walnut, your marios are too good :bee:
gg's everyone ;D

Toneh

Smash Lord
yea gg's everyone. me and retro were surprised how far we got haha.
rx i lost my edge in mk dittos for now :p
i liked the tourny, but its too much pot **** for me here :[

Gindler

Smash Champion
The pot **** isn't too bad. little more than gigs, but gigs doesn't give you papa johns :)

Oh and sensei, you got pretty beast and apparently I play better in friendlies than tourney.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
This tourney was good. Thanks to my super secret training, up in the mountains, my Mario is more beast than ever. Walnut, we should definitely team again, and work on some double Mario strategies. GG's to everyone and **** those brackets!!! Both my losses were to Rx-.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
GG's people. I was hoping to do a little better than I did, but then again, this was my second tournament I've entered in a very long time. It's so frustrating to play against characters you've hardly faced before (like zoro's sonic) but it was a good learning experience. Guess I still need lots of match up experience so I can be more prepared for the tourney at gathering place games next weekend. Hope to see you guys there.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Yea, I think the payout for this tournament was absolutely fine, and I would gladly attend these in the future...

They way I look at it was:

total pot for singles was about $100.
They paid out $40 in cash to the winners, and bought at least $20 in pizza for everyone. (Everyone got a slice of large Papa Johns hot fresh pizza for free.)

I've convinced myself that there is no reason that anyone should ever complain about payout.

To show this, I will divide smashers into 3 groups...

Group 1: People who will never (or never plan on) winning $$$ from a tournament.
-These people shouldn't care about payout for obvious reasons. They go to tournaments for the fun or for getting better, but payout means nothing to them.

Group 2: People who sometimes win money, but not always.
-This is what group I would consider myself to be a part of.
-These people shouldn't care about payout because placing top 3 SHOULD mean a lot more to them. I'm not saying it always does, but that it certainly should.

Group 3: People who almost always get money from tournaments.
-These people should never care about the payout of a tournament because they can pick and choose which tournaments they want to attend, and if the payout ANGERS them or something, they can choose to just not go. No one is forcing these people to go to tournaments.

The ONLY true payout complaint I can think of right now is if the payout is changed from what is said in the original post. That's a fair thing to say, and it's super ****ty when tournament hosts do things like that...

It's really late, so none of this will probably make any sense in the morning, but Happy Easter everyone!

Toneh

Smash Lord
doubs total was $120 and they paid out $60 which is 50% pot **** :/, store didnt close down so no business was lost like gigs does --> They pay 70%. (which isn't a great % but reasonable in their situation)

Singles was $110 and they gave out $40. How is that not pot **** lol.

Usually stores hold game tournaments to get their name out there and bring in customers, not to hand out only 37%.
Just makes more sense to hold our own local tournies with 20 somethin entrants so we can keep the whole pot.

Gindler

Smash Champion
doubs total was $120 and they paid out $60 which is 50% pot **** :/, store didnt close down so no business was lost like gigs does --> They pay 70%. (which isn't a great % but reasonable in their situation)

Singles was $85 and they gave out $40. How is that not pot **** lol.

Usually stores hold game tournaments to get their name out there and bring in customers, not to hand out only 37%.
Just makes more sense to hold our own local tournies with 20 somethin entrants so we can keep the whole pot.
Fixed

Oh and 6+ boxes of delicious papa johns pizza, can't argue with those results

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'd enter any local tournament that was held...

If I somehow got something going at UCF that was consistent and trustworthy, I could get a LOT of entrants. I'm thinking in the 40-70 range depending on how many fliers we put up.

Payout could be 90+% of the Pot, with the remain percent reimbursing the cost for Fliers. (Professional ones get a lot more people)

Zoro

Smash Champion
IDK but i actually went with chris.

we gonna be nastee teammates from now on man
team action b's bike

i learned metaknight in a few hours i just need more experience with different match ups
we did well for never practicing eric lol

ggs to everyone
my win char: metaknight
my fun char: sonic

sonic is so much fun

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman

If I somehow got something going at UCF that was consistent and trustworthy, I could get a LOT of entrants. I'm thinking in the 40-70 range depending on how many fliers we put up.

Payout could be 90+% of the Pot, with the remain percent reimbursing the cost for Fliers. (Professional ones get a lot more people)
You forget about renting out a room at UCF. Our school is a bunch of cheap asholes

-Spike-

Smash Ace
1) Tony, Do it! You got the gaming room! Tony ima beat you next tourney u wait and see! LOL Im gettin there!

2) Sorry for having to leave! Long story, but it turned out for the best I left because a huge 30-40 man fight happened at the party so I was able to assist in getting my family away safely.

3) Sensei did good at this tourney! Sooo lucky I had to go! I wanted that rematch!!!!.... I woulda won! Oh yea you always gets bracket ***** xd!

4) Gindler , you subbed in for me, and only could take one guy out WTF! LOL im j/k
You did good! Apparently Mario is the owner of Yoshi?

5) Galax we did way better than expected on teams! We gotta do it again sometime! Great job! PIKA+PIT= **** XD.... until top tiers come into play =(

6) Let me know when the next tourney will held and ill be there! Great job gamezone for running a smooth Tourney again! Free slice of pizza:bigthumbu

P.S.
Best quote of the day @ gamezone: Kenyu: (in line for pizza) " Man U know what F.uck gigabits!":laugh:

vericz

Smash Champion

Im getting some flyers for Florida gamings event may 30. Ill be passing some out to everyone very soon!! :)

Top Bottom