• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GAMEZONE Orlando, FLORIDA ( GONNA BE MELEE! )

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Spike, it's too bad you had to leave early. We could have had that rematch. I don't face too many Pits and yours is good. But seriously, I HAVE to learn that Metaknight matchup. Rx- told me I have to play very campy against him, but that's not my style. I'm more of an 'in-your-face' fighter. Plus I can't go chasing him offstage like i do against other characters. It's so frustrating.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
fun tourney, jamie fox and I, lost our first match, then came all the way back to play the team that beat us in finals. It felt kinda like those inspirational sports movies... (mighty ducks etc)...

the pizza was amazing, and the pot **** was ehh whatever, didn't really care.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
Yohohohohoho!!

Thanks to everyone for showing up. As you can tell we are total noobs when it comes to this.
Hopefully next time we can have more people and there will be more payout.
Bring as many people as you can with as many setups as possible and we will have alot more payout.
And Pizza.
If any suggestions.
Call us please and tell us.
Thanks to all of you.
GG to everyone for coming.

-Adrock from GameZone

P.S. Zoro is a monster.

Noa.

Smash Master
Ggs to everyone!

I had a lot of fun fighting so many people. It was good.

Yeah hiROI! Orange Soda did good. It was funny that on the braket our names were just question marks. mindgames,lol.

It was a cool tourney, and thanks for the pizza! That was pretty nice of you guys.

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
get that thing together then rx lets have a bigger CFL tournament...it was some serious pot **** but they did feed us cant complain with that :laugh:
Feed us they did! The pizza was awesome. Good call by Rx for suggesting that they sell the second slices for at least a dollar, I know I didn't mind getting another slice for that price. He's a really cool guy.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Did not expect to see zoro there, looks like he's turned to the dark side

4) Gindler , you subbed in for me, and only could take one guy out WTF! LOL im j/k
You did good! Apparently Mario is the owner of Yoshi?
Ha yeah sorry, sensei was in beast mode. Of course later on I 2 stocked him in friendlies, ha he sandbagged me though...no fireballs

-Spike-

Smash Ace

Ha yeah sorry, sensei was in beast mode. Of course later on I 2 stocked him in friendlies, ha he sandbagged me though...no fireballs
LMAO! I think you just get tourney jitters :laugh:

Zoro

Smash Champion

I need money
I dont feel like working for it

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
fun tourney, jamie fox and I, lost our first match, then came all the way back to play the team that beat us in finals. It felt kinda like those inspirational sports movies... (mighty ducks etc)...

the pizza was amazing, and the pot **** was ehh whatever, didn't really care.
We really are sorry guys.
Spread the word so we can have more people.
If there is more people maybe, just maybe, I can talk to Angie about maybe uping the prize money.
Sound good?

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
I'd enter any local tournament that was held...

If I somehow got something going at UCF that was consistent and trustworthy, I could get a LOT of entrants. I'm thinking in the 40-70 range depending on how many fliers we put up.

Payout could be 90+% of the Pot, with the remain percent reimbursing the cost for Fliers. (Professional ones get a lot more people)
haha thanks for coming Rx
We appreciate you and Vericz helping out with the Brackets.

We are learning more and more and will move out of the ****ty tournament sectio to the good tournament section.

yohohohoho!

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
You weren't even there. . . and adrock could you update the thread title with the next date so we all know. this was very last minute for me but i still had a great time. see you guys next time
Can do Vericz.
And hey thanks for helping us out with the brackets.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
What you should do next time, is ALSO have melee singles and melee doubles, also for $5 a person and $10 a team, and if you do that, I will bring 2 setups for it. It will go quick because there wont be too many entrants, but you'd probably get a handful of extra people overall, and you'll get some extra money for the store.

I would gladly run the entire melee tournament, too!

vericz

Smash Champion
What you should do next time, is ALSO have melee singles and melee doubles, also for $5 a person and $10 a team, and if you do that, I will bring 2 setups for it. It will go quick because there wont be too many entrants, but you'd probably get a handful of extra people overall, and you'll get some extra money for the store.

I would gladly run the entire melee tournament, too!
Melee!!!!! :)

-Spike-

Smash Ace
lol... yea adrock doin melee would probably bring alot more locals, and it goes real fast so you wont have to worry about time. Plus once all those melee people show well pressure them into staying for brawl. XD

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Yeah, Melee + Brawl = better overall turnout for both

And as long as you have outlets, it wont really take additional time.

Because Melee players are awesome about bringing setups :)

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Yeah, Melee + Brawl = better overall turnout for both

And as long as you have outlets, it wont really take additional time.

Because Melee players are awesome about bringing setups :)
cuz they hate lag with a passion lol. But yea i think its a good idea

Gindler

Smash Champion
I hate lag with a passion. Ness' recovery goes from alright to horrible. That one tv really bugged me at the tourney, I had my tv in the car but idk I was POed early on or something

Noa.

Smash Master
hiROI and I brought a setup last time. Right in the middle and it was where all the finals were held. Pretty cool. Now whenever we go to Game Zone tourneys, we'll bring a setup.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for not being there, I really wanted to come :/.
**** it eric >.> you should have come to my house if calling din't work...

House/cell phone johns.

Noa.

Smash Master
Hmm, I don't know when to have it. I don't think I'm going to any tourneys in May but if there's one in June you'll defenitly see me there. :)

-Spike-

Smash Ace
May 30th is a no for sure because of Florida Gaming. Any other week in May should be clear. The may gigs hasn't been announced, but yea not on that day either lol.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
May 9, 16, 23 are open for now, I guess...
yeah
but the thing is our tournaments aren't quite top priority over the others
so we kinda wait it out somewhat to see that gigs, the gathering place, and florida gaming arent the same weekend
once those are outta the way we choose
i guess

should we really do melee?

Moolish

Smash Rookie
If you guys ever host a tourney on any day that isn't a school day, I'm going. <_< >_>
Totally. -nodnod.-

And you should do Melee. o.o More people would be more involved, methinks. Because everyone loves Melee! :3
Even though I suck at Melee, BUT STILL! >:3

Top Bottom