• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games you've raged on so much?

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
Any Final Fantasy after nine, vBrawl [against computers], Toy Story (SNES), Battletoads, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker [throw that memory card away, you won't need it], Metal Gear [NES], Back to the Future (all of them: MSX, Commodore, and NES), Megaman franchise [not the X series], Mortal Kombat Fatality button combinations, Home Improvement (SNES),

and any game where moving forward is always the Up Button, regardless of camera position.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
nes megaman games werent even that hard

back to the future is so dumb, i never got past the cafe place

WiyamMang

Smash Journeyman
nes megaman games werent even that hard
To each his own. I found the Ninja Gaiden originals incredibly easy (and enjoyable) but could never have the patience to deal with those platforms from Mega Man 1.

back to the future is so dumb, i never got past the cafe place
1) You have no cue when to stop; it's 50 by the way
2) One error and the level is over
3) You lose a life when #2 occurs
4) You must play the previous stage again when #2 occurs
5) You must replay the level again when #2 and you get past #4
6) It's sometimes impossible to tell how far targets are and where to position yourself

And that's just the first "boss" stage. The Lorraine stage is just as bad. Never saw the end. The bees in the later levels made sure of that.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
All FPS games make me rage.

That one shine from SMS that required you to ride down that toxic river while collecting red coins was ****** annoying.

I also thought Manta surfing from Galaxy 1 was ********.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
In portal i forgot what level but its where all of those shooting robots are! D: i used to think it was impossible o_o
Earthbound when Paula gets kidnapped and the first time i didnt have teddy bears to protect me cuz i didnt know about it and i was cursing at the instantly god-like enemies o_O
Mother 3 during my first playthrough with the mech drago and that stupid barrier trio... (i was under leveled)
Ill come back and post more cuz my mind is blank right now... but ik there is a lot more

EDIT: remembered another... Frogger beyond (haven't played that in... 3 yrs??) it was high tech world omg its impossible to get passed D: i still havnt gotten past it.... i kind of want to play it now xD

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
MW2 is by far the one game I rage over the most. When I get pissed it usually gets to the point where my xbox probably wants to red ring itself to stop all of the profanity being shouted at it.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
The only games i've really raged at was Elite Beat Agents way back when. Once I got to the last mission of Hard Mode I was upset for a month. Once I beat it though, I felt so good about myself.

The only other times was i've raged was when I was trying to catch Suicune in HeartGold and when I was doing Noel's arcade mode in BlazBlue. It took me over thirty minutes to beat Hakumen, and I still hold a grudge against him.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Prince of Persia for the SNES. Each level was so hard for me back in my youth. You only have 2 hours to beat 20 levels and some levels are very long and difficult. If you die near the very end of some you have to start ALL the way back at the beginning. Thankfully on levels with big bosses it was an autosave in case you lost the sword duel. (Especially true with level 19).

I hated level 13 so much. The hardest part was the conveyer belt, guillotine and palace guard. (If anyone knows what I'm talking about.) I remember once I finally got past this part for the first time in like 20-30 tries all I had to do was make a short jump over a pit off a conveyer belt........and I missed :mad: I was fuming. I then couldn't beat the guillotine/guard part for so long aterwards.

I don't struggle with that part anymore. But when I did it sucked.

Thankfully I've beaten this game, and with 35 minutes left.

Korvanica

Smash Rookie
GTA San Andreas - The wrong side of the tracks mission, i just could not do it. I got so angry punched my PS2.. Broke the laser and scratched the crap out of the disk...

Kinda regret that....

Some of the missions in the COD games on veteran have made me rage quite a bit too.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
EDIT: My avatar just reminded me, anyone who has played the first Earthworm Jim will rage at these words:

"Down the Tubes."
*GOES ABSOLUTELY BERSERK.*

OMFG I hated that god**** level with an intensity that rivals a thousand burning suns.

You'd think it would be cakewalk to navigate that sphere, right? Oh no. Of course it isn't. Not only were the controls/physics on the thing wonky as hell, but if you even kissed a pixel on the walls/obstacles it was bye-bye glass and hello Oblivion. Let's not forget our friends "under da sea" too. They all wanted a piece of the action (and your hide).

My rage-game? That's a tough one. I'mma have to get back to you guys on that 'cause it's late here. lol

Smooth Criminal

UberMario

Smash Master
I don't in too many, but I get pretty ticked in F-Zero on Master or Expert class because when one of the slow ai swerves into you it can be a problem because if you make contact with anything, 2nd place magically passes you out of nowhere and gets a good-sized lead. Mario Kart Wii's chaos is infuriating aswell, especially on wifi, and the tier imbalance is pretty bad too, especially since none of my favorite characters are particularly good due to the fact they made the characters outrageously different in stats, which makes some characters completely outclass the others . . . .

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340

i spent more time trying to get past this part then i did completing the rest of the game.

also water temple obv.
Wall jumping is a hard tactic to master in Super Metroid, but once you get it down, it's not so bad. It requires patience and good timing...

That's weird,even on hard no boss took me more than 3 attempts.

That was an amazing game.
That was on hypermode, sir. I forgot to edit the post saying that... :laugh:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
GTA San Andreas - The wrong side of the tracks mission, i just could not do it. I got so angry punched my PS2.. Broke the laser and scratched the crap out of the disk...
The only thing that has made me rage in that game is the one where you have to chase this guy called freddy on a motorcycle.

Now THAT made me rage quite a bit :mad:

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
modern s***fare 2 (i really want to sell that game but my parents won't let me)

blazblue (when i can't pull a move or combo right, fighting unlimited ragna, or when it lags online)

brawl wifi (do i need to say anything?)

red steel

most fps (it's always stupid to get killed by something and u don't know where it's coming from)

monster hunter 3 (vs certain monsters such as barroth or uragaan o and barioth. that b**** is too fast)

all mario kart games (so much broken s***)

i would say kssu true arena but that s***'s easy now even without a power.

custom robo arena

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Ninja Gaiden NES.

Having to start over act 6 for dying at the final boss is incredibly irritating. I stopped playing altoghether when I saw that. I haven't seen anyone beat the last stages and boss without TAS.
6-2 is simply to annoying to go through again after finally beating it.

I have yet to beat the game on the VC.

Mario Kart Wii: where'd the item balance go???

Metal Gear(NES) - too many inaccuracies >_<
Jungle scene wasn't too hard(mainly because I beat the REAL MSX version previouisly, just annoying.
That's why I'm glad to have the MSX version in my second MGS3: Subsistence disc.

Castlevaina 3 - That's the last time I underestimate this game. Stage 7(Block 7-1 - 7-8) with Alucard is incredibly long.
Eight big sections.
If your game is over, you start over from 7-1
A bit irritating even if you know where the 1-up are.
The boss is difficult to beat head on.
I have a safe strat to beat the bosses with Alucard, but I always run out of time.
The password for those who want to go to the stage.

Yoshi

Blank,Heart,Blank,Heart
Heart,Blank,Blank,Blank
Blank,Blank,Heart,Blank
Heart,Heart,Blank,Cross

Harder than the Sypha routes. Good Luck.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
Or how bout Modern Getyourassblownbyapredatormisselfare 2?

Cuz I seem to be a magnet for those...
yea that's s*** annoying but i still think "Modern Hidingall****ingdaygetting25killstreaksinlessthan10minfare 2" is worse. :mad:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
To the Metroid posts above, has no one ever had a problem with Metroid Prime in Hypermode? I wanted it to die so bad but he was a ***** *** ****

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Cod World at War on Veteran. One of the stages made me break a controller, and then later on the ******* game had the nerve to make my 360 overheat and I had to buy a new one.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare made me rage a lot before. It took me 2 years to beat the bonus mission (The Mile High Club) on veteran difficulty.

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
Same here. I just beat that **** thing about a week ago. After countless attempts and four times making it to the hostage(the first three I shot him, but then learned you could actually run forward during that part and get real close to the terrorist and kill him easily), I finally beat it. I threw the controller in the trash at one point.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare made me rage a lot before. It took me 2 years to beat the bonus mission (The Mile High Club) on veteran difficulty.
Wow.. I beat it on my first try :ohwell:

Well, back then I used to be obsessed with the game and played it on veteran difficulty all the time :laugh:

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
wow i forgot about super mario sunshine. i raged so many times =.=
I know. those boat controls were so horrible. The worst I've ever seen in any game in my life.

I made it to the last stage in Castlevania 3.

Yoshi

Blank,Heart,Blank,Heart
Cross,Blank,Blank,Blank
Blank,Blank,Cross,Blank
Cross,Cross,Blank,Heart

I don't use the helpme code. I already beat the Sypha path version of the game with it previously.

Random infinite 1-ups FTW I guess....

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Battletoads co-op, as others had said Down The Tubes, and Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma Ultimate Ninja challenges.
They're just ridiculous and stupid and should die and not exist, and I shouldn't be required to figure out glitches and/or exploits to be able to stand a chance of even getting partway through them. Also, your AI partner is as dumb as a rock, and the lag on multiplayer makes it impossible to dodge at the precise second that you would want to dodge at.
I managed to pass the 4th Ultimate Ninja on co-op by somehow landing the drop from the Izuna Drop (not the grab mind you), and taking one of the enemies skulls out, whilst dodging round, switching between medic duty and being very dead, because they have moves that like to one hit kill you, but when you do the same things to them they either block it, or just lol at you and get like a scratch.

D

Deleted member

Just recently in Persona 4, where I spent over 3 hours leveling up, going through unskippable cutscenes, and getting the right equipment, and then a random enemy manages to avoid my attack that could have 1HKO'ed them, and manages to 2HKO me, thus making me lose all my progress. Yeah...though that happens to me alot for RPGs in general.

Another game I probably raged over was Super Mario Sunshine where Dark Mario steals my FLUDD, and I spend over 2 hours just to pass through that level. Joy of joys...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I raged a couple times back when I was a bit younger.

Once I busted the side of my couch by kicking it out of frustration.
And once I smashed my controller into the ground lol
(It exploded basically)

Forget which game(s) it was though. Probably blocked it out of my memory.
I vaguely remember Gran Turismo 4 being involved though.

I can't ****ing wait for Gran Turismo 5 though!

Lobos

Smash Master
Demon's Souls......one of the hardest games I've played (I got 30k souls, better go save! *dies 30k souls lost* FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I HATE that Thwomp place in World S of Galaxy 2
Oh God yes. I had never raged over a videogame so much before that. My face was basically this the entire time:

Especially since I lost around a total of 50 lives on that **** level.

Orlha

Smash Rookie
Dying to BM hunters in full 277 heroic gear with DBW as a mage. Most annoying class/spec etc for me to handle.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Dying to BM hunters in full 277 heroic gear with DBW as a mage. Most annoying class/spec etc for me to handle.
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ha.

I only lol'd at the mention of BM Hunters. But, yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Not an easy thing to handle with a mage, nor is an enhancement shaman.

Smooth Criminal

Zone

Smash Champion
I'd have to say my only beef is earth worm Jim the anus level.

And I guess beating bayonetta on the hardest difficulty was really annoying.

Top Bottom