• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games you've raged on so much?

Geist

Smash Master
People raged at Super Mario Galaxy 2? lool

I kind of want to say demon's souls but not really. Dying was pretty much a game mechanic, so I kind of overlooked that whole "walk into a hallway, get impaled by spikes that gave you no notice beforehand" issue.
There was a flash game I once played, where the graphics were bits of text, and at one point you fight a pedobear type monster. It was pretty brutal actually, and I can't remember the name of it.

But I've never really played a game that so utterly crushed my confidence since battletoads.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Pokemon, of course the main game isn't really all of that hard, but it does have its rage moments. Particularly facing a Pokemon that has every status move you can think of, sleep, paralysis, confusion. So essentially instead of actually battling, the opponent just gets you stuck in an infinite loop.

And seriously, the status moves work in favor of the AI and not you.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
People raged at Super Mario Galaxy 2? lool

I kind of want to say demon's souls but not really. Dying was pretty much a game mechanic, so I kind of overlooked that whole "walk into a hallway, get impaled by spikes that gave you no notice beforehand" issue.
There was a flash game I once played, where the graphics were bits of text, and at one point you fight a pedobear type monster. It was pretty brutal actually, and I can't remember the name of it.

But I've never really played a game that so utterly crushed my confidence since battletoads.
Syobon Action is the name.

I didn't find IWBTG that rageworthy. Yeah, there were a lot of stupid traps, but a lot of the time when you died it was your fault.

Syobon Action on the other hand...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Got another two:

Mario Kart Wii. Pretty much any mode in the game, since the items are just out of control. It is such a fun game, and I became really good at it there for a while, but I can't count how many times I recall being in first place, being right in front of the finish line, getting hit by every item in the game, and finishing in 7th place or worse when before the items hit me all of the other racers were still back on the first half of the track.

Burnout 3 was almost rageworthy as well, that was until I realized how the AI worked and how to beat them. Beforehand I was wondering how in the world it was that they can crash and be on my tail within five seconds, and then there was one time where I saw the AI in the horizon and then they vanished. It wasn't because it was too far out for the game to register, it was because the AI is messed up. And it was then I realized, this isn't really a racing game. The AI is set to catch up with you no matter what. Where in a fair racing game you would be really far ahead of them they end up on your tail. That's when I stopped trying to get far ahead and instead focused on saving my boosts for when they got close to me so I could keep on getting ahead of them.

Truth is, if you don't understand how the BO3 AI works, they will own you no matter what. lol

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Honestly, you should have such a big lead in MKWii that even getting bombarded by items won't set you back that much. That's how I got to be after a while. And then the hacking started on online and I stopped playing.

edit: compare that to the hilariously unfair rubberbanding in Super Mario Kart and even MK64, and it's not so bad IMO.

Near²

Banned via Warnings
super mario world

i was really young when i played this and i remember that in this exact spot, i cried because i kept losing.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Dying to BM hunters in full 277 heroic gear with DBW as a mage. Most annoying class/spec etc for me to handle.
I'm pretty sure anyone wearing pve gear would die to a BM hunter.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm pretty sure anyone wearing pve gear would die to a BM hunter.
I didn't catch that part. Thanks, JTB.

Well, yeah. Resilience or go home, barring extraordinary circumstances in low-end Arenas and bgs (and/or in prior patches).

Smooth Criminal

Spinner

Smash Cadet
I have recently raged at

-Monster Hunter Tri
Basically every boss monster after the Barroth (other than the Great Baggi).
-Soul Calibur 4
Unlocking every chest in the Tower of Lost Souls
-Sin and Punishment 2
Against Ariana Shami, Tiger & Eagle Chimera Fusion Kepper, Deco Gekisho

And.....

-Kid Chameleon

Hills of the Warrior Stage 1 (There are more, this is just off the top of my head)

rsr2

Smash Lord
I broke my Pink Xbox Controller on Modern Warfare 2. I was so angered that I threw my controller on the ground. The Right Bumper doesn't work and the X button gets stuck. Never throwing a controller again >_>

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Timesplitters 2. Most Arcade League and Challenges you had to do were pretty difficult.

And Story Mode, on Hard, for obvious reasons. No healthkits at all, damage is higher, and certain elements of whatever mission you do can change, making it more difficult and longer.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
The Original Megaman.
As someone who first started playing the side scrolling games from the Zero and X series, and then jumping into the original I just was in shock.

NO CHARGE BLASTER!
NO WALL JUMP!
NO DUCK! (What the hell)
NO DASH! (For crying out loud)

In the X series I would abuse the Charge blaster for all it was worth, but in the original because Dr.Light is on a cheap *** budget he can only afford to by megaman the peanut shooter, it does not fire energy blast just some peanuts at super powerful robot masters that will crush you faster than you can say thank you.

God that game is hard, I do not think I will beat it with in my life time with out setting aside an inter week dedicated to cracking that insane game. (Which I plan to once I set aside the free time I do like a good challenging game, but come one this game is insane, not that this is always a bad thing ;).)

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
New Vegas on Hardcore mode gets difficult sometimes. Not exactly as hard as I thought it would be, or at least with the Easy setting on. Breaking a limb sucks though.

The Giant Radscorpions break through me like tissue right now, and the Raiders just make it worse. I somehow managed to get to Novac from the Mojave Oupost with most of my limbs broken because of them.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
The Original Megaman.
As someone who first started playing the side scrolling games from the Zero and X series, and then jumping into the original I just was in shock.

NO CHARGE BLASTER!
NO WALL JUMP!
NO DUCK! (What the hell)
NO DASH! (For crying out loud)

In the X series I would abuse the Charge blaster for all it was worth, but in the original because Dr.Light is on a cheap *** budget he can only afford to by megaman the peanut shooter, it does not fire energy blast just some peanuts at super powerful robot masters that will crush you faster than you can say thank you.

God that game is hard, I do not think I will beat it with in my life time with out setting aside an inter week dedicated to cracking that insane game. (Which I plan to once I set aside the free time I do like a good challenging game, but come one this game is insane, not that this is always a bad thing ;).)
Yea, the originals have NO learning curve. That's what makes it so hard.

For me, Sonic 4: Episode 1's final boss.
fgl;sjkjfkdsgsdf stupid thing kept killing me.

mzink*

Smash Ace
For Earthworm Jim my brother and I raged at that stage where you have to protect and guide that evil little ungrateful puppy.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
For Earthworm Jim my brother and I raged at that stage where you have to protect and guide that evil little ungrateful puppy.
I remember that level, if he falls into the pits, he comes flying back out as a mutant raged form and chews you up. :urg:

That level also made me rage a lot but I can beat it now. :bee:

Sim

Smash Apprentice

A typical drive on the Liberty City streets…

GTA IV - For some reason, civilian cars ALWAYS get in your way at the worst possible moment. Makes me want to throw my controller across the room.

In fact, any game in which you drive a car can drive me crazy real quick.

----------------------------------

Computers in SSBM

I hate computers level 9. They make me rage with their godawful reflexes and unnatural responses. They are so predictable yet so annoying.

Yep, under their shells are hidden riches!

Final Fantasy XIII - For some reason, in order to get the platinum trophy in this game, the most profitable way is to kill those. A good number of times. In the hundreds, actually.

Gayyyyyyyyy

Typical Counter-strike moment.

Counter-Strike - Now, as much as I like when I do this, I hate when it happens to me!! Waiting to spawn in this game is so long that, inevitably, the hate builds up as you play and at some point it becomes out of hand!

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I HATE, repeat, HATE the tube level. It took me a million times to try and not explode the bubble :mad:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

A typical drive on the Liberty City streets…

GTA IV - For some reason, civilian cars ALWAYS get in your way at the worst possible moment. Makes me want to throw my controller across the room.

In fact, any game in which you drive a car can drive me crazy real quick.
Oh god, tell me about it. It really annoys me when I'm doing a mission where you have to chase someone and they run into your way.

That and when cops drive into you. Instant 1 star rating.

FFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!

N64

Smash Champion
mario kart. Gets more infuriating with every game.

Battletoads. Bike level. Fuuuuuuuu.

Any game with anything that can petrify. GG 1hkos.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
counter-strike 1.6
Haha, yeah.

edit: compare that to the hilariously unfair rubberbanding in Super Mario Kart and even MK64, and it's not so bad IMO.
The dominant strategy I've seen playing on a single console has been to hang out in third place till around the last lap, or halfway through the last lap. Then just using the amazing tier last place items to overtake them.

This stategy also assumes that most people are around the same skill level, and one person isn't super far out ahead, which is fairly typical.

Oh, and Spongebob Boatocross.

UberMario

Smash Master
mario kart. Gets more infuriating with every game.
I agree and disagree at the same time, up to and including Mario Kart DS it became more and more balanced [though DD's tracks were lacking, the engine was pretty fair, however, Petey and Boo were broken to a degree, it wasn't too bad], then balance fell into a bottomless pit when MKWii came out, seriously, the people that complain about fighter tier lists are lucky those games aren't as broken as MKW. I can't play it without cringing.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Real men play F-zero.
Oh snap!

Seriously, F-Zero is way beyond Mario Kart in terms of difficulty. Or at least the cups after Sapphire.

The Lightning track comes to mind. My palms always got pruny afterwards.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Oh snap!

Seriously, F-Zero is way beyond Mario Kart in terms of difficulty. Or at least the cups after Sapphire.

The Lightning track comes to mind. My palms always got pruny afterwards.
Real Men Play F-Zero

Just look at Captain Falcon. Seriously, we need a Wii F-zero Game, unfortunately how Nintendo sifts out their first party games so one doesn't get too old, it'll probably be dead until 8th gen console. (Which...at the way technology is, will probably be 2013/2014)

Lagiacrus(sp) on Monster Hunter Tri.

You have small worthless monsters. (Jaggi)
You have threats. (Quepeco, Great Jaggi/Baggi, etc)
You have real threats. (Barroth, R. Ludroth, etc)
You have Fear. (Lagi, Rathian, etc(

I'm scared of this thing.

Top Bottom