• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm inclined to believe you guys understood the inflection of the "only" in the sentence wrong.

He "only" used Snake to CP MK, which could be construed as an example of tier abuse. Just the same, He uses Snake to CP a good number of the high tiers that have 80-20 matchups with Falcon, just for sanity's sake. And, I will mention, he does main Falcon just the same.

In any case, get off sushi's nuts, he's just throwing around some smack. As we all do.
Crio you should apply to be part of the Smash backroom.

And Ali, are you back???

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
The Georgian is not coming =(.

Try to make it to Judgement on 01/31, P-1. That will be a much larger turnout anyway. Plus it'll be Melee/Brawl. And awesome.

And Devin, change the date to 01/01. The next tourney is on a regular Thursday.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
@Justin--you see this?

Singles, 34 Entrants:

1. Lain (Ice Climbers, D3)($198.00)
2. Omniswell (Ice Climbers, Metaknight)($99.00)
3. Shugo Senpai (Sonic)($33.00)
4. King Chaos(Samus, Rob)
5. NOJ(GnW)
5.Bowyer(MK)
7. Falco400 (Diddy, Wolf, Donkey kong)
7. JoeS (Snake, Metaknight

Also...

Singles - 28 entrants

1: chillindude829 () ($140.00) (Falco)
2: BurgerKing (atomsk) ($84.00) (DDD)
3: azen () ($28.00) (Peach/Marth)
4: mew2king ($14.00) (DDD/Snake)
5: candy ($7.00) (Snake/Wolf)
5: meep ($7.00) (ICs)
7: P~S () (Olimar)
7: boss (Luigi/Mario)

Now tell me MK isn't a crutch?

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I don't do that online thing. It's a waste of time, and doesn't improve ones game at all, imho.

I think Kackamee does though.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I am thinking about coming to this. Might enter brawl singles, but I need to know if there will be a tv for melee friendlies.
The Brawl Weeklies, there generally aren't tv's open for melee friendlies. We only ascertain about 3 tv's for the tournament, as Gamer's Edge Cafe runs normal business during this time as well, and they may need a tv for paying customers.

I urge that you go Judgement on the 31st, we will have several setups designated for melee only.

The Director

Smash Lord
Yeah, online sucks. I don't think I've gone online since May. :ohwell:

I changed the rules for my tourney, btw. I made it 3 stock, and now Orpheon is neutral and Norfair is CP. Makes more sense that way, I guess.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
I used to play online every now and then before I started going to UNCC and Gamer's Edge. It was the only way I could play against other people. Now, I just play against a couple of people online and I only play against them rarely anyways. After playing a real tourney, I realize how much online play REALLY sucks.

The Director

Smash Lord
This might sound really pathetic, but if I had to choose...I'd rather fight a level 9 cpu than go online!

Cause, you know, atleast the computers can...MOVE AROUND. (and so can I! fast at that!)

Snap(803)

Smash Apprentice
This might sound really pathetic, but if I had to choose...I'd rather fight a level 9 cpu than go online!

Cause, you know, atleast the computers can...MOVE AROUND. (and so can I! fast at that!)
haha. i beat a lvl 9 marth today.... he only gave me 30 percent damage. i wish i had more reliable rides to GE. then i could get more practice in against other people.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Good to know people remember me. =p

Yeah I'll be there. I haven't responded lately because I've been in PA since the 23rd without internetz.

I'm ready to see what all of SC is made of!

Lareit

Smash Ace
The Weekly tournament is the 1st of the new year. Not the 30th.

The thread creator simply hasn't corrected that over sight. He simply added 7 days(a week) to the date from the previous tournament(which was on a tues due to christmas).

So to reinforce it.

Weekly Tournament at Gamers Edge Cafe.
Date:1/1/09 Thursday.
Time: 6 pm Doubles Begins. Singles after doubles finishes.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Ready for more "Low Tier Heroes" shenanigans??? I know i am, coming for 1st, woot!"

And NEED to record this week, seriously.... my only practice....

Snap(803)

Smash Apprentice
honestly. i may be able to come. if my ride dosent fall thourgh as ususal. but ive got a definite yes about going to the big one on the 31st. because its on a saturday. haha.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
PP, u doing Brawl Dubz??? I legit think "L.T.H" gotz it bagged, but want to try u in dubz.... See your masterful reading at work w/ my Sonic. As u kno, its hard read my Sonic... add two othersto that situation.... lolz

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Jman, I understand your first question, but everything after that confuses me lol. Could you explain plz? =p

And I might be doing doubles. I'm not sure if I'm bringin my bro Twitch (look him up on my Youtube channel which is drpeepee1 if you want, footage is kinda old) yet. He doesn't like travelling for Brawl only, so I'll most likely need a partner if everyone isn't already taken.

Speaking of which GE people, I may need a partner. I play...Marth. That's it. Hope you work well with him. Also I'm ok.

Top Bottom