• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

The Director

Smash Lord
Who won last night?

Ok, I've updated the thread on my tourney and came up with a great idea...we will be giving out awards and prizes that day!!

Since most of you from GE will be attending my tourney, I'll just post the info here:

Now for the fun part...AWARDS! Yes, to make the day complete we will be handing out awards and prizes! Each category will be voted on by a panel of 3 judges, and the winner of each award will blind pick a prize from our fabulous prize pile!

So we don't give away any surprises and ruin the blind pick fun, we can't exactly tell you what the prizes are going to be...however, rest assured they will be prizes you will want! For example, one prize will be a $20 gift certificate to GameStop (or PnT or whatever we choose...just, you know...gift certificate! w00t!)

So, here's the rundown of awards we will be giving out by the end of the day:

MoJoe MVP: What is probably the award that is most conformist to other award ceremonies, this goes to the best overall player of the day. And since we will have a panel of judges, this award won't simply go to whoever pwns everybody with Snake or MK. We want to see well rounded play here, folks!

Best use of a low-tier character: Many of you who are coming to this play low-tier characters frivolently, so giving out this award will be tough! Also, we're trying to encourage people to play some different characters.

Best use of a counterpick stage: Counterpicks are crucial, and picking the right stage is key. Factors included in deciding who will win this are as follows: you need to win on the stage you counterpick...the stage you counterpick should conform to the character you choose...the stage you counterpick must be hazardous and hinder your opponent...the stage you counterpick must BE A COUNTERPICK STAGE. Simply counterpicking Battlefield and winning there will NOT win you this award! There's a ****ton of counterpick stages, and we're trying to encourage you all to pick some different stages!

These aren't all of them. We'll be adding more as we think of them. I think it will make our tourney stand out from other tournies. Plus, people love winning stuff!

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Best use of a counterpick stage: Counterpicks are crucial, and picking the right stage is key. Factors included in deciding who will win this are as follows: you need to win on the stage you counterpick...the stage you counterpick should conform to the character you choose...the stage you counterpick must be hazardous and hinder your opponent...the stage you counterpick must BE A COUNTERPICK STAGE. Simply counterpicking Battlefield and winning there will NOT win you this award! There's a ****ton of counterpick stages, and we're trying to encourage you all to pick some different stages!
<3 Rainbow Cruise & Brinstar

The Director

Smash Lord
Best Low-Tier: Jman or ARS
They're def. the top two contenders right now just from what they've shown in the past, but we've got a bunch of low tier provacatives coming to this. Ali plays a wycked Ganon, Brandon plays...well a bunch of low tier characters, and my friend plays a mean Link. (surprise, surprise!)

I tell ya what tho, if ARS lands two or three knee kills he'll be a shoe-in.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Best Low-Tier: Jman or ARS

Best Counterpick: Come on, what am I famous for?
PIRATE SHIP! lol =p.

Man I think I'm gonna come up to one of these soon. I miss SC Brawl! =*[

I'm totally entering the low tier tournament (and the regular one). Can't wait to play everyone again!

The Director

Smash Lord
Man I think I'm gonna come up to one of these soon. I miss SC Brawl! =*[
Kidd you should come to mine on the 10th. You'd also be in consideration for the low-tier award...

...look at me, all I'm doing in this thread anymore is plugging my own tourney. It's going to rock all your socks off so its okay.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Kidd you should come to mine on the 10th. You'd also be in consideration for the low-tier award...

...look at me, all I'm doing in this thread anymore is plugging my own tourney. It's going to rock all your socks off so its okay.
But Kidd mains Peach, who is high or mid-high tier. Even if his Falcone is scurry.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
@Sushi-Ur a tier wh0re, lol. LOW TIER HEROES have LT locked, fo sho. but who do you play low tier??? i've seen ur Snake, Mk, and diddy.

So... yea... can't wait!

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
I was playing forte from 9pm to 2am and he is INSANE. Every single one of his characters was on par with meta (his link, peach, marth, falco, rob, lucario, bowser). I did beat him in mk dittos (2 out of 2) so I had an orgasm.

The Director

Smash Lord
Here I go, plugging my tourney again. I've added another award. I'm lookin' at you on this one, Crio!!

Best use of character selection: Brawl has over 30 characters. I want to encourage you guys to play the field a little bit, so here's award number 4! This award will go to whoever uses more than two characters proficiently. (ie: winning matches!) You can't just play as 3 or 4 different characters...you need to win with them!

But I don't know Crio...Peter can use like, 10 to 15 different characters pretty proficiently. So can Ali.

Do you guys notice anything about these awards? I'm trying to encourage you all to try different things. Play some different characters, pick some different stages. This tournament should be fun.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Err, I will point out that the next weekly is on the 1st, not the 30th, Devin.

I'm gonna win character selection and counter pick stage in one fell swoop.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I have a 50/50 shot in coming to this. I'm from GA and I'm in FL right now for vacation and why we're out we might head up to Charollete NC and I'll be coming to this.

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm not coming this week, (the 1st) but I will be there on the 8th...and I'm bringing friends!

Yes, Joe's coming back to GE. I'll bring all of the usual fun.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
PP is coming on the 1st, supposedly.

Hopefully we'll have a decent tournament.

Is Sushi still going?

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Actually lol, if I can get a ride to this, I'm there. I only have like two people who can get me there (I don't have a car to drive up there). But if I can get a ride expect Peach sexiness. I'll keep you guys updated on my attendance possibility.

The Director

Smash Lord
I hope this doesn't come from a player who only uses snake to beat my mk. kekekeke.
LOLOLOLOL does he have any other choice??

Sushi are you coming to mine on the 10th? Its a Saturday, so you should be able to make it.

And speaking of my tourney, I've come up with the final award...The Sandbag Award! This award goes to whoever takes the biggest, most embarassing beating. It will be judged through both singles AND teams. This will not be based upon damage taken or lives lost, but just downright terrible play. But take note: you can't just THROW the game and expect to be handed this award. Besides, that would be like throwing away your entrance fee.

So can you guys see what kind of play I'm trying to encourage here? Of course, I'm not stopping anybody from playing as just MK or Snake and owning everybody, but I kind of want to see some different play going on. Hell, I might pull out Kirby or Wolf at some point.

LOLOLOLOLOL Wolf's terrible.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Lol @ Sushi comparing Broken-Top-Tier Mk to C Falc... Adam stepped down from THEN top tier Snake to still bottom Tier C Falc and still does it, woot

But i play Sawnik, win Steak, and lol alot...

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I hope this doesn't come from a player who only uses snake to beat my mk. kekekeke.
ONLY, Sushi? Really...?

Don't you main the ONLY character with no direct counterpick?

Haven't all of your tournaments been won using ONLY him?

Yeah, and Adam ONLY crutched on Snake against you--the ONLY MK main there.

This is the ONLY time I've heard of an MK complaining about being cp'd against.

Adam's CFal isn't outplayed by your MK, he's out-tiered by him, and that's the ONLY reason he cp'd Snake.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm inclined to believe you guys understood the inflection of the "only" in the sentence wrong.

He "only" used Snake to CP MK, which could be construed as an example of tier abuse. Just the same, He uses Snake to CP a good number of the high tiers that have 80-20 matchups with Falcon, just for sanity's sake. And, I will mention, he does main Falcon just the same.

In any case, get off sushi's nuts, he's just throwing around some smack. As we all do.

Jman crutches off Sonic4hightier

Top Bottom