• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

The Director

Smash Lord
everyone keeps playing high tier and falcon has a skill level wall that i feel i've hit. So if people play high-top tier I'll go snake.
If they play medium or below I'll go falcon.
What about me? I play a high tier character but you seem to always do well against me with Falcon.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
What about me? I play a high tier character but you seem to always do well against me with Falcon.
I'd say that's more of a matchup thing. I don't personally know the matchup Falcon:DK but I would think Falcon would do better against him than other high tiers

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
You guys should come to TO4.
Quest-ce que c'est?

I am surprised I don't know what a nearby Tourney is.

Edit: Oh... Tipped Off 4 at WABA? Sorry, I don't travel exclusively for Melee. That and I am jobless.

Believe it or not, but my theory on improving ones game lies not in practicing your main over and over, but getting a fresh outlook on the game from another character perspective. When you do indeed return to your main, you will have fresh thoughts on nearly every facet of your game.

Case in point, every time I switch characters, my game improves just a little bit. It's clear to see.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Which is why he's no fun.....

SRLY, a bad MK can win against someone better consistently. MK is more broke than the windows at Best Buy right after Katrina....
?... C wat i did thar ;)

Lareit

Smash Ace
Which is why he's no fun.....

SRLY, a bad MK can win against someone better consistently. MK is more broke than the windows at Best Buy right after Katrina....
?... C wat i did thar ;)
My bro and I decided to screw around with meta for the first time ever thurs before the tourney. Having fun with Up B, glide attack, downsmash, repeat. Then we decided to see how our 5 mins of meta experiance would do against our mains.

Falcon(me) and Samus(him)
I beat his samus even suiciding twice.
I barely beat his MK him also suiciding twice.

We concluded the only weakness metaknight has is noobs.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Why is everyone all of a sudden *****ing about their characters?

That's a ***** move.

It's really simple, if you want to win, play top tier--not high tier, not med. tier--top tier.

Stop thinking there's pride in playing low tier characters! Nobody cares! If you want to win and feel like your pick is holding you back, step it up or stop complaining.

@Bradon -- Plays half the cast, never complains, knows when to break out the MK.
@Adam -- Falcon main, BY CHOICE, and beats over half of you with him--still, breaks out Snake when manliness won't win the match-up.
@Sushi -- wouldn't have half the success without MK, but he's not *****in', he's winning.
@Justin -- Sonic can KO, others just do it better--if that's really your problem, switch it up and see if you win.
@Ali -- see "@Sushi," replace MK with Snake.
@Peter -- Generally places top three with med-high tier characters, what else to say?
@JoeC --Top 3, DK, same situation as Peter.
@Me -- Marth main since Melee, wouldn't matter if he sucked in Brawl, luckily he doesn't--however, I am trying to learn Dedede, so be ready for that.

Most of the successful players that attend the GE tournaments play top of the top tier characters, or if that isn't the case--have a back up that is... top of the top tier.

Bottom line? Tier whores win tournaments. Doesn't always mean they're a better player than you, but they do win. Yes, there are occasional "abnormals" where a Ness might win a tournament somewhere in Europe, but that's exactly what it is: unusual--and the player was probably smart as **** and if he mained someone higher, would **** EVERYONE up. Two equally skilled players, playing differently tiered characters ALWAYS leads to the higher one winning, that's just fact, and we all know it, so stop complaining about it!

It really comes down to who the smarter player is--THAT is what can allow low tiers to conquer those above them. What does that mean for GE? Adam can beat half the regulars with Falcon alone--top tier, high tier, med. tier--that by itself should tell a lot of you that you have a ton of room to improve when it comes to analyzing, mindgames and pretty much everything in the head. So don't blame it all on your character, you wield them, they don't have minds of their own to play with.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

That's a ***** move.

It's really simple, if you want to win, play top tier--not high tier, not med. tier--top tier.

Stop thinking there's pride in playing low tier characters! Nobody cares! If you want to win and feel like your pick is holding you back, step it up or stop complaining.

@Bradon -- Plays half the cast, never complains, knows when to break out the MK.
@Adam -- Falcon main, BY CHOICE, and beats over half of you with him--still, breaks out Snake when manliness won't win the match-up.
@Sushi -- wouldn't have half the success without MK, but he's not *****in', he's winning.
@Justin -- Sonic can KO, others just do it better--if that's really your problem, switch it up and see if you win.
@Peter -- Generally places top three with med-high tier characters, what else to say?
@Me -- Marth main since Melee, wouldn't matter if he sucked in Brawl, luckily he doesn't--however, I am trying to learn Dedede, so be ready for that.

Most of the successful players that attend the GE tournaments play top of the top tier characters, or if that isn't the case--have a back up that is... top of the top tier.

Bottom line? Tier whores win tournaments. Doesn't always mean they're a better player than you, but they do win. Yes, there are occasional "abnormals" where a Ness might win a tournament somewhere in Europe, but that's exactly what it is: unusual--and the player was probably smart as **** and if he mained someone higher, would **** EVERYONE up. Two equally skilled players, playing differently tiered characters ALWAYS leads to the higher one winning, that's just fact, and we all know it, so stop complaining about it!

It really comes down to who the smarter player is--THAT is what can allow low tiers to conquer those above them. What does that mean for GE? Adam can beat half the regulars with Falcon alone--top tier, high tier, med. tier--that by itself should tell a lot of you that you have a ton of room to improve when it comes to analyzing, mindgames and pretty much everything in the head. So don't blame it all on your character, you wield them, they don't have minds of their own to play with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBwwUfuJZr8

The Director

Smash Lord
This is why we're in a recession.

That's a ***** move.

God, I miss GE.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American

That's a ***** move.

It really comes down to who the smarter player is--THAT is what can allow low tiers to conquer those above them. What does that mean for GE? Adam can beat half the regulars with Falcon alone--top tier, high tier, med. tier--that by itself should tell a lot of you that you have a ton of room to improve when it comes to analyzing, mindgames

and pretty much everything in the head. So don't blame it all on your character, you wield them, they don't have minds of their own to play with.

Im not so much complaing either. Im aware he can ko, and yes, others do DECENTLY, but thats a part of self improvement. I do in fact take a prid in maining Sonic actually. Seeing as my job isn't smash.... i can afford to do that.
I chose Tink on Bo due to really sub-par ko drawback vs lucario. I nearly won afrer being nearly 3 stocked. Yea... ****y play (compared to my polished main) but higher tier and strength/knockback and decent metagame shows a character flaw that i do feel hinders, just like Adam has had his probldms too and we both do consistently well.

Tiers shouldn't matter but they do. I come to improve i'd say moreso than anything.

Edit: I kno some of my glaring issues. However, reading or not, a character shortcoming is a character shortcoming. Avoiding or bypassing these to win is indeed what allows me to earn Steak, but slow attacks and no real aeiral game (reliable/safe-no Marth Fair, xD) forces more groundbased, feint heavy, grab oriented play. Needed, but i would like to grow in the air as iyt were....

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321

That's a ***** move.

Peach is Top Tier, that is all.

@ Doctor PP- I watched that whole video. LOL.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I watched it LOL. That was too hard. And, for your enjoyment....

The notes with the song are C natural, D # to E Natural. The Mud is roughly an Octave jump from D to a D under, and Kip is an A.

Go go musical ear.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Nah I'm not a beast I just have no life rofl.

We'll probably end up smashing at Scha's tournament.

Oh and.

EVERYONE HERE SHOULD GO TO IT THAT PLAYS MELEE IF YOU CARE ABOUT CAROLINA MELEE AT ALL.

Don't dissapoint, the more the merrier.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Kidd, I know we'll play Melee there, that's why I asked when we would brawl lol. I wanna play that Peach again.

Mario dittos in Melee are gonna be too fun though.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Ah well I'll sneak a copy of Brawl or something to Scha's tournament, hoping he doesn't kill me xD. If not though, dude I bet we could set something up the day before where you come down and play me before the tournament or something, hit me up on my profile about that.

Oh and to every SOUTH CAROLINIAN in this thread-

If you've noticed I've made (again lol sorry guys) A SC Player Locator thread. Please post there, SC is too good. :D. Link is in my Sig.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Yea...Adam Crio, Devin, Eric Justin, Khai and Ryan... xD
Well, there's a few people in G-boro or Greenville or something who are good. I played a couple of them at a PnT tourney once.

and Kidd (who I think is amongst them) is a beast.

Edit:

To those of you wanting a GE tourney this week. It will either be on Tuesday or Friday. Which would you prefer?

I personally would either say Tuesday, or not at all.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Well, there's a few people in G-boro or Greenville or something who are good. I played a couple of them at a PnT tourney once.

and Kidd (who I think is amongst them) is a beast.

Edit:

To those of you wanting a GE tourney this week. It will either be on Tuesday or Friday. Which would you prefer?

I personally would either say Tuesday, or not at all.
Tuesday is my vote.

Or we could just do a smash fest as was mentioned earlier.

and yo Ali, I'm finding snake more fun to play again. Which sucks since it means snake ditto's against you in the future.

The Director

Smash Lord
LOLOLOL I've never complained about DK but I am trying to play something other than just one character. I gave Wolf a shot but he's basically unplayable in tournaments because of the gimp situation.

I've been thinking about picking up Falco.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Now do this one, it'll be much tougher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKzqP4-0Z6M
I couldn't stand the first one and I stopped before the timer hit 1 minute. I did manage to watch through the whole Mudkip one, though. I'm not sure how it happened...

As for the tourney, I won't be able to make it on either day unless I can convince my mom to give me and my brother $40 for Tuesday. I don't see that happening, though... :/

Lareit

Smash Ace
LOLOLOL I've never complained about DK but I am trying to play something other than just one character. I gave Wolf a shot but he's basically unplayable in tournaments because of the gimp situation.

I've been thinking about picking up Falco.
What happened to Meta Knight

and joe , you don't play smash anymore. Stop pretending.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Tuesday? I'll be thar. Smeashfest? Depends on what day, but most likely I'll be there. Anywhere there is smash...I'll be there. But yeah, either type of smash playing works for me, I really don't care. I might be going to Georgia sometime after Christmas, But that's just a maybe. But I'd like to get as much brawling in as possible before I have to go back to school

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
You're coming to mine, right?? Its on a Saturday!! Some of the SC peeps can give you a ride!!

(I'm saying this on the assumption that Kack's cool enough and nobody would gripe about hauling him upstate lolololol)
Of course, there is no reason I shouldn't be able to go. lol I should be able to have a ride also :D

Top Bottom