• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to Criosphinx for pointing me here.

Hey I'm on winter break here in SC and I was just looking for the smash scene around here.

Is this Gamer's Edge Tournament every week?

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't be weekly if it wasn't weekly. Yeah. There's a Brawl tourney (almost) every Thursday. Christmas? I'm not sure. Like Thanksgiving, it had to fall on a Thursday. You'll have to ask Crio how that's gonna be handled.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
If so, my vote is smash at Adam's. Drinks, pizza, friends, and fun!

As im likley to not show Thursday as i gotta shop and get to playin RE:COM, i want something....

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Off Topic

I really need internet in Rock Hill, SC
Are there any high speed providers besides ****-artists Comporium. Seriously... 55 i think for only 6b/s??? In IL, we had Con-artist Comcast, but it was 30 for 12b/s so... Like Road Runner or ATT or znything?? I needs to know Southern-knowing chaps

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
@Joealso: Wtf I called you back. I was at work

Is Melee ever gonna happen here?
Tourney wise... I don't know. I have something neat planned for January or Feb that'll be both. In any case, usually if people want melee we can arrange to have a TV for that purpose for friendlies.

xatavor

Smash Rookie
If so, my vote is smash at Adam's. Drinks, pizza, friends, and fun!

As im likley to not show Thursday as i gotta shop and get to playin RE:COM, i want something....
If we straight up cancel GE's weekly, I would be willing to host a smash fest. I've been thinking of throwing a smash party for a couple of weeks now, and unlike my brother I actually have a couch! Although I have plans for Tuesday, so really, only Monday or Friday would work for me. Directions would be simple, I live in the same apartment complex as Adam.

I won't be attending this week's tourney, fyi. I'll be busy helping Santa. Yes, Santa Clause.

The Director

Smash Lord
We had Melee on at one of these once. It was on for about 10 minutes. I think we played Brawl+ more than we did Melee lol

Brandon/Jman, I had an idea for my tourney that I wanted to run by you guys, but I guess I'll do it here since there's more of you to gauge: at my tourney, does anybody think doing ditto doubles is crazy? I know my rules are already a little wacky, but going with the theme of breaking the norm I think ditto doubles would be fun. (each team has two of the same character, not 4 of the same character)

@Brandon: yeah I go to sleep early now lolololol

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Brandon/Jman, I had an idea for my tourney that I wanted to run by you guys, but I guess I'll do it here since there's more of you to gauge: at my tourney, does anybody think doing ditto doubles is crazy? I know my rules are already a little wacky, but going with the theme of breaking the norm I think ditto doubles would be fun. (each team has two of the same character, not 4 of the same character)
Hmmm.... I've seen this idea used on AllisBrawl before for an online tourney a while back and it was pretty successful. The only problem I see is that some of us may have a little trouble finding a partner. Some of us may even have to use an alternate that we're only half as good with.

Personally, I like this idea since it gives me a reason to practice with some of my alternates. Your rules are already pretty crazy. Why not add a little more fun in there?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Double IC would be sure to pwn all.
EDIT: Btw no way I could make it tonight, I have a project and a ton of homework due tommorow ontop of other things

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
wtfffff payton.

Results
1) ARS (SNAAAAAAAAAKE)
2) Devin (D3 / Marf)
3) Crio (Diddy / Falco / MK)
etc.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Yeah, my D3 needs work.

Oh, big BEAST goes out to my bro, brolove, bro, Adam "bro" Sorrow--who gave away his winnings to Crio and I.

Thanks for that beast, bro.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Now I really wish I could've gone. I really need practice after my long "vacation" and it sounds like i'm missing all the fun

Lareit

Smash Ace
Lol, i was going to say Adam, WTF?! Low tier heroes 4 ever^_^
everyone keeps playing high tier and falcon has a skill level wall that i feel i've hit. So if people play high-top tier I'll go snake.
If they play medium or below I'll go falcon.

Thats my new system.

Our dubs is low tier hero's forever though, sonic and falcon ftw.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
You played Snake twice against that fox kid.
You played Snake once against Devin
Twice against me
Once against Eric?

I don't blame you for Snake-ing it. I think it's awesome. It just means I can strive to find a character to beat Snake, which can only help me in the long run.

Lareit

Smash Ace
You played Snake twice against that fox kid.
You played Snake once against Devin
Twice against me
Once against Eric?

I don't blame you for Snake-ing it. I think it's awesome. It just means I can strive to find a character to beat Snake, which can only help me in the long run.
The fox kid picked Meta Knight, and I didn't know if he was gonna go MK again the last match and I had to pick my chr first so I had to stick with snake.
Yea i know against you.
None against eric.

Fought devin 6 times, 1 snake 5 falcon
Eric 3 times, 3 falcon
Fox/meta guy, 1 falcon, 2 snake
You, 1 falcon, 3snake.

62.5% of the time I was falcon.

And Falco is the recommended Anti Snake chr.
The reason he beats snake beyond the 60/40 advantage is he forces snake players to play a way that no other chr forces them to do. He completely negates snakes camp game beyond just out camping him. Most snakes(even me initially versus marcus) don't know what to do.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Idk.... i do admit i have felt a near definitive halt in progression myself, but im attempting to gather the pieces to push ahead further. Tough tho.

Playing new peeps, new strats, better playing, ect have gotten me to my toughest lvl yet, with either 99 exp or over 9000 exp to lvl up again....

Knowing full well Sonic's limitations, i pride myself on tricksies and skill to circumvent them. But lacking that ko potential is getting to me. My gimps are down to like... 5-15% success rate now, and apparently everyone is finding it easier to kill me sooner than before.

I've toyed with the notion of picking up my TLink more seriously, but feel it.... disheartning?? Placing top 5 always is good enough for me, nvr getting 1st is discouraging.

Random tangents of thought FTW!!!

Lareit

Smash Ace
Idk.... i do admit i have felt a near definitive halt in progression myself, but im attempting to gather the pieces to push ahead further. Tough tho.

Playing new peeps, new strats, better playing, ect have gotten me to my toughest lvl yet, with either 99 exp or over 9000 exp to lvl up again....

Knowing full well Sonic's limitations, i pride myself on tricksies and skill to circumvent them. But lacking that ko potential is getting to me. My gimps are down to like... 5-15% success rate now, and apparently everyone is finding it easier to kill me sooner than before.

I've toyed with the notion of picking up my TLink more seriously, but feel it.... disheartning?? Placing top 5 always is good enough for me, nvr getting 1st is discouraging.

Random tangents of thought FTW!!!
I don't mind losing. So long as I'm losing to someone who I feel on the same skill level. But the notion of losing to billy the other week simply because I'm playing Captain Falcon was unacceptable. And I've been doing that for a while. The last bill fest I lost to someone I annhilated when I play'd snake and then to a good but not near my level Tlink. At C3 I lost to a peach and lucario I should of easily destroy'd simply because both those chrs have a 75-25 advantage over falcon.

I don't mind losing but I don't like being inferior to me beating me.

Top Bottom