• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

The Director

Smash Lord
We totally need to record more videos. I think a lot of GE's appeal comes from the fact that videos are posted online on a weekly basis (atleast for me it is), and lately we haven't been doing that...

Lareit

Smash Ace
We totally need to record more videos. I think a lot of GE's appeal comes from the fact that videos are posted online on a weekly basis (atleast for me it is), and lately we haven't been doing that...

Lately people havn't been showing up

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
who won the wed ge tourny, if ali was there i will go ahead and assume he won
Bad assumptions are bad. :/
I'm sorry for not being there for like 4-109243209428 weeks now. I'm still not allowed to do anything (i'm sneaking on the compy now)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
A lot of the ones from Wednesday didn't record for some reason, I only got like, the first few matches.

Here's the videos from two weeks ago---

11/06/08 TOURNAMENT VIDEOS
No steak....:'<

Lol, did i even enter? Or was that Billfest wedk??

I always emjoyed recording. Improves your game. Plus, on teh Steak-Boards, good critiques and such have helped mold me into a great Sonic, and ****y alternator, lmao. I swear my whole approach to brawl is so Sonic i can't function, xD

Snap(803)

Smash Apprentice
No steak....:'<

Lol, did i even enter? Or was that Billfest wedk??

I always emjoyed recording. Improves your game. Plus, on teh Steak-Boards, good critiques and such have helped mold me into a great Sonic, and ****y alternator, lmao. I swear my whole approach to brawl is so Sonic i can't function, xD
haha what is your alt. jman?:chuckle::chuckle:

Lareit

Smash Ace
Really flexing your Luigi muscles lately, eh?

SUPER JUMP PAAUUUUUUUNCH!!
He pulled Meta Knight against jman last week. Jman...a friend and low tier sonic main and he pulled MK.

Then he used Meta Knight against Peter who had clearly chosen Captain Falcon and then justified it because I heckled him to choose meta knight again.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
I hate you Ali. I have noticed the matches are even whenever I don't suicide. But whenever I do (so like 1/2 of the matches) I lose. You better come down during Christmas break. I need a rematch.

P.S. - I going to eat your children

The Director

Smash Lord
He pulled Meta Knight against jman last week. Jman...a friend and low tier sonic main and he pulled MK.
I'll tear his MK up something new.

And Sushi if I hold a tourney you're getting an invite so you can have your rematch with Ali.

*super Joe edit* I'm picking up Wolf. He's a dog. And almost nobody uses him.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord

And Sushi if I hold a tourney you're getting an invite so you can have your rematch with Ali.

One might say he ain't nothing but a hound dog.

Crying all the time He's fun to play. I suicide with him lots.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

Lol whuddaya know. I'm using Wolf also now. Just my secondary though

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
@Snap: My Sonic is so full of Steak I require no alternate. If i had to pick one, i'd say Tink/Link, then.... idk, Marth/Kirby

Yea, my Sonic is Steak Tier. Hell, i invoked the wrath of MK twice to get put out. Both full of shenanigans
Sushi: What!? Yea... Bair, Dair, and spring duces beat spam nado. New trick.. 85% beats tornado...
Crio: What!? Fair and Uair beat glide attack. Bair the offstage drill rush was sexy.And Dair through nado to ko!

@10LOLS at Sushi: I take it u didn't have much Sonic experience. the 25% Bair ko off snakes cypher was too good. Then i suicided. Wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
PP: After the tourney, there will be two people in NC that can beat Ali :)
JMan: I didn't know sonic had soo many tactics to beat nado. Nice to know for next time though ;)

Lareit

Smash Ace
JMan: I didn't know sonic had soo many tactics to beat nado. Nice to know for next time though ;)
You'll have to beat him 3 times in a row before the match up is in your advantage.

The Director

Smash Lord
Make that four people...I can beat Ali, and Peter can beat Ali too. Nobody's seen me actually do it cause I haven't faced him in a tourney since AUGUST. Next time I go to GE Ali, I'm comin' for you...watch your back, son!

@Ali: You're playing us too much, bro. We're getting used to your play style. You might need to stop inviting me over to your place for so much practice lolololol

Lareit

Smash Ace
Make that four people...I can beat Ali, and Peter can beat Ali too. Nobody's seen me actually do it cause I haven't faced him in a tourney since AUGUST. Next time I go to GE Ali, I'm comin' for you...watch your back, son!

@Ali: You're playing us too much, bro. We're getting used to your play style. You might need to stop inviting me over to your place for so much practice lolololol
Joe it's been like 5 weeks since you've been to GE. Show up already.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I can beat Ali. Not certifiably, not regularly, but at the level I'm at, if I played my prime, I could beat him. Bill's showed that.

Maybe not with my new main though, he's tricksy.

Lareit

Smash Ace
If anything the fact everyone claims they CAN beat Ali and often play at a similar level shows how hard it is to judge the gap in skill in brawl.

Ali is better because he wins reliably and when it counts.

Lareit

Smash Ace
Every Thursday
6pmish(we give some extra time if we think more people are showing)

Doubles then Singles
The tournament is brawl only

5$ door fee
5$ per person double charge
10$ single charge.
Double payout is 80% 1st, 20% 2nd
Single is 70%1st, 20%2nd 10%3rd.

Rare video of Ali losing at one of the GE tourney's

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa6z5yNGUPw

Top Bottom